Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | {*The Waltz of Whispers*} Legacy of War
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17
AaaAAAHH before I reply to you all individually I just want to let you know that you've collectively made my day, holy cow. ;o; <3 I'm honestly touched! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Since all of you have voiced interest in me finding possible dragons to be X and O (or even all of the "placeholder" characters!), I'll be including physical descriptions of how I imagine them and potential scries in the bottom of this post! :D I'll start searching at the very least for X and O once I've reorganized my lair somewhat to accommodate for new dragons. I keep getting lost on page 2, as dumb as that sounds. XD I really need a dedicated dragon to separate my longer-term dragons from my fodder....

(Also, I'm gonna sort this out by shortest response to longest because I don't want to lose anyone here. Hope you guys don't mind!)

{*}

@Ivythorn Done and done! ^^

@Birdsofwax I'm really glad you like it so far! :D

@smeen *rubs your one-egg luck against my nest* Thank you. XD I certainly hope the heir will be beautiful, or at the very least carry an upgrade! My luck with single eggs has always been either amazing or catastrophic -- there's no in between -- so I've got my fingers crossed. :D Also, the epilogue is coming!

@lilastar Been there, done that. x_x I ended up exalting my hatchling fodder with daily bonuses to make room; such a nightmare! The epilogue will arrive tomorrow for sure. :D And your request made me grin so hard; I'd be delighted to ping you if I start other lore threads!

I looked through your hatchery and you've got some absolutely gorgeous dragons. So jealous! I especially love the Coatl hatchlings you got on your last page, but as much as it pains me to say it, I've already specified the elements of Agents X and O and neither of them are Nature. ;A; I might have grabbed one of your Coatls to be O if I weren't so picky on keeping the details accurate. (Although I might just nab one of your hatchery dragons anyway to be a mate for X or O once I get them. ^^ I think once those silly boys grow up a little, either or both of them could totally win the heart of a lovely lady!)

@Talismarr Aaaaahh! ;o; Thank you so much! I'm so happy you feel that way about my work!! But it's really nice comments like yours that make it all worth it! Heck yes, an epilogue is coming and I wish I didn't have to put my babies in the hands of the RNG soon.

I was looking for some background music to play as I wrote and the second I heard that, I was like "this is it; this is what I.8 is made of." I knew I wanted it to be a hurt/comfort chapter, but the music helped guide me through it! And I.7 was a heck of a lot of fun to do. My favorite pairings are ones where each member has a very different surface personality, but they have more in common than they might initially see. That's exactly what I'm going for with Rhea's attempted stoicism versus Poi's goofy noodleness. XD

Also, I totally shouted "yes!" when you said you laughed out loud at that scene with X and O back in I.7. :D I had way too much fun writing it. That scene alone made me adore them as characters enough to ask the question of whether I should get them for real. :D I was kind of worried people would find it too dirty, but I also think it's quite like teenage boys to joke like that and I wanted the scene to feel realistic. Or, at least, as realistic as a scene can get with anthro dragons chilling in a tunnel. XD Thank you!!

@Delmaria Oh my lord, your comment floored me. <3 God, I read it several times and I swear it made me smile more each time. Just. Holy crap. Thank you. :D My apologies in advance if my reply seems all over the place, but like, how do I respond to that other than with happy squealing and more smileys than should be legal? But I'm going to give it my best effort since -- goddamn -- you deserve it!

I mean, one can argue that this has some mild aspects of a personal-revenge-style LoW; after all, a big reason Rhea got obsessed with learning how to fight back in I.3 was that she wanted to demonstrate her strength to the other Mirror Whisperers (not to mention her desire to turn her hopeful future skills against Branwen). But I liked the idea of the story being more about survival and espionage that, in the long run, could overthrow the tyrant and restore peace to Fyrith -- and I'm ecstatic you feel my story stands out because of it! :D Also, descriptions are always the parts I take longest to write exactly because I want people to "feel" like they're right there with the characters, so you saying that you could see what was happening really makes me happy!

Lol I was actually really worried towards the beginning that Rhea would become unlikable. XD Thank goodness that doesn't seem to be the case! Looking back, I think it was a blessing in disguise that I moved the conversation between her and the elder Skydancer; it was initially supposed to be a tiny, dialogue-only sequence before Poi's introductory chapter, but moving it allowed me to add the detail it needed to flesh out the inciting incidence of Rhea's character turn. ^^ But I'm enthralled you ended up liking her and shipping her with the silly, wiggly Poi! Also -- *squeaky screaming* -- I'm so happy that you liked all of my placeholder babies! Except Agent K lmao. I totally agree with you that characters are the best part of any story, so your praising of my characters is just... I'm at a loss. ;o; Thank you!

And I can't wait for the hatchling, either! I have a feeling he or she will have lovely naturey colors, but the big questions are 1) will she inherit any upgrades and 2) will Poi have a heart attack when they hatch? XD Aww, yeah, we both know Rhea and Poi will spoil them! This little hatchling is going to be so well-loved no matter what. Either way, thank you very, very, very much for your comment! If you have anything to say about any of the future chapters, by all means, comment again -- I'd be delighted to read it! (And let me know if you want me to add you to the pinglist!)

Also... I didn't even notice that my signature is extremely accurate today. :'D That's actually glorious.

{*}

*cracks knuckles* All right, gang! Welcome to Crying-- err, I mean Scrying Workshop, where we take dragons initially intended to be fill-ins and see what they could really look like. As I mentioned above, I'm going to at least try to get Agents X and O in my lair, but feel free to let me know if you see dragons like any of these on the AH with the right eye color, breed, and gender combos! I'm obviously not looking for anything exact, but if a dragon fills a "vibe" I have going for them, then they might do the trick!

Agent X:
Male Light Tundra. I see him as a bit of a self-proclaimed Cassanova, so I feel like Valentine's colors would suit him well with some Light-flight-looking yellow to compliment his eyes.

Here he is with White Piebald / Rose Rosette / Sanddollar Runes.

Here he is with Rose Jaguar / Pearl Safari / Sanddollar Underbelly.

Agent O:
Male Water Coatl. Interestingly, I see two possibilities for him and I don't know which I like more: a beachy boy (like a piña Coatl?), or a bright warm-colored boy with contrasting eyes.

Here he is with Sand Clown / Splash Current / Sanddollar Glimmer.

Here he is with Cherry Jaguar / Pumpkin Butterfly / Lemon Underbelly.

The Elder Skydancer:
Male Earth Skydancer. Earth tones and an Earth vibe are a must! But if there's anything that can make him look wizened and gray, by all means, let me know. I tried so hard and failed so badly.

Here he is with Soil Speckle / Tarnish Facet / Driftwood Stained.

Here he is with Soil Giraffe / Tarnish Facet / Soil Opal.

Agent K (in case we're masochistic):
Female Ice Wildclaw. All her appearance needs to say is "I'm from the Southern Icefield and I won't take any of your crap." Whether my scries say that is... debatable. RIP.

Here she is with Moon Poison / Moon Toxin / Ice Glimmer.

Here she is with Ice Crystal / Ice Facet / Azure Opal.

The Nocturne:
Female Wind Nocturne. She'd live in Hot Topic. A black-range primary with a red- or purple-range secondary or tertiary (with the other also being black-range) is perfect for her!

Here she is with Obsidian Falcon / Ruby Peregrine / Obsidian Glimmer.

Here she is with Obsidian Jaguar / Nightshade Rosette / Obsidian Lace.

The Fae:
Male Lightning Fae. I picture him as a little storm cloud, so gray-range primaries and secondaries are a must! I gave him gray terts as well but it could also be Lightning blue.

Here he is with Smoke Petals / Gloom Saturn / Gloom Underbelly.

Here he is with Smoke Savannah / Gloom Paint / Gloom Contour.
AaaAAAHH before I reply to you all individually I just want to let you know that you've collectively made my day, holy cow. ;o; <3 I'm honestly touched! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Since all of you have voiced interest in me finding possible dragons to be X and O (or even all of the "placeholder" characters!), I'll be including physical descriptions of how I imagine them and potential scries in the bottom of this post! :D I'll start searching at the very least for X and O once I've reorganized my lair somewhat to accommodate for new dragons. I keep getting lost on page 2, as dumb as that sounds. XD I really need a dedicated dragon to separate my longer-term dragons from my fodder....

(Also, I'm gonna sort this out by shortest response to longest because I don't want to lose anyone here. Hope you guys don't mind!)

{*}

@Ivythorn Done and done! ^^

@Birdsofwax I'm really glad you like it so far! :D

@smeen *rubs your one-egg luck against my nest* Thank you. XD I certainly hope the heir will be beautiful, or at the very least carry an upgrade! My luck with single eggs has always been either amazing or catastrophic -- there's no in between -- so I've got my fingers crossed. :D Also, the epilogue is coming!

@lilastar Been there, done that. x_x I ended up exalting my hatchling fodder with daily bonuses to make room; such a nightmare! The epilogue will arrive tomorrow for sure. :D And your request made me grin so hard; I'd be delighted to ping you if I start other lore threads!

I looked through your hatchery and you've got some absolutely gorgeous dragons. So jealous! I especially love the Coatl hatchlings you got on your last page, but as much as it pains me to say it, I've already specified the elements of Agents X and O and neither of them are Nature. ;A; I might have grabbed one of your Coatls to be O if I weren't so picky on keeping the details accurate. (Although I might just nab one of your hatchery dragons anyway to be a mate for X or O once I get them. ^^ I think once those silly boys grow up a little, either or both of them could totally win the heart of a lovely lady!)

@Talismarr Aaaaahh! ;o; Thank you so much! I'm so happy you feel that way about my work!! But it's really nice comments like yours that make it all worth it! Heck yes, an epilogue is coming and I wish I didn't have to put my babies in the hands of the RNG soon.

I was looking for some background music to play as I wrote and the second I heard that, I was like "this is it; this is what I.8 is made of." I knew I wanted it to be a hurt/comfort chapter, but the music helped guide me through it! And I.7 was a heck of a lot of fun to do. My favorite pairings are ones where each member has a very different surface personality, but they have more in common than they might initially see. That's exactly what I'm going for with Rhea's attempted stoicism versus Poi's goofy noodleness. XD

Also, I totally shouted "yes!" when you said you laughed out loud at that scene with X and O back in I.7. :D I had way too much fun writing it. That scene alone made me adore them as characters enough to ask the question of whether I should get them for real. :D I was kind of worried people would find it too dirty, but I also think it's quite like teenage boys to joke like that and I wanted the scene to feel realistic. Or, at least, as realistic as a scene can get with anthro dragons chilling in a tunnel. XD Thank you!!

@Delmaria Oh my lord, your comment floored me. <3 God, I read it several times and I swear it made me smile more each time. Just. Holy crap. Thank you. :D My apologies in advance if my reply seems all over the place, but like, how do I respond to that other than with happy squealing and more smileys than should be legal? But I'm going to give it my best effort since -- goddamn -- you deserve it!

I mean, one can argue that this has some mild aspects of a personal-revenge-style LoW; after all, a big reason Rhea got obsessed with learning how to fight back in I.3 was that she wanted to demonstrate her strength to the other Mirror Whisperers (not to mention her desire to turn her hopeful future skills against Branwen). But I liked the idea of the story being more about survival and espionage that, in the long run, could overthrow the tyrant and restore peace to Fyrith -- and I'm ecstatic you feel my story stands out because of it! :D Also, descriptions are always the parts I take longest to write exactly because I want people to "feel" like they're right there with the characters, so you saying that you could see what was happening really makes me happy!

Lol I was actually really worried towards the beginning that Rhea would become unlikable. XD Thank goodness that doesn't seem to be the case! Looking back, I think it was a blessing in disguise that I moved the conversation between her and the elder Skydancer; it was initially supposed to be a tiny, dialogue-only sequence before Poi's introductory chapter, but moving it allowed me to add the detail it needed to flesh out the inciting incidence of Rhea's character turn. ^^ But I'm enthralled you ended up liking her and shipping her with the silly, wiggly Poi! Also -- *squeaky screaming* -- I'm so happy that you liked all of my placeholder babies! Except Agent K lmao. I totally agree with you that characters are the best part of any story, so your praising of my characters is just... I'm at a loss. ;o; Thank you!

And I can't wait for the hatchling, either! I have a feeling he or she will have lovely naturey colors, but the big questions are 1) will she inherit any upgrades and 2) will Poi have a heart attack when they hatch? XD Aww, yeah, we both know Rhea and Poi will spoil them! This little hatchling is going to be so well-loved no matter what. Either way, thank you very, very, very much for your comment! If you have anything to say about any of the future chapters, by all means, comment again -- I'd be delighted to read it! (And let me know if you want me to add you to the pinglist!)

Also... I didn't even notice that my signature is extremely accurate today. :'D That's actually glorious.

{*}

*cracks knuckles* All right, gang! Welcome to Crying-- err, I mean Scrying Workshop, where we take dragons initially intended to be fill-ins and see what they could really look like. As I mentioned above, I'm going to at least try to get Agents X and O in my lair, but feel free to let me know if you see dragons like any of these on the AH with the right eye color, breed, and gender combos! I'm obviously not looking for anything exact, but if a dragon fills a "vibe" I have going for them, then they might do the trick!

Agent X:
Male Light Tundra. I see him as a bit of a self-proclaimed Cassanova, so I feel like Valentine's colors would suit him well with some Light-flight-looking yellow to compliment his eyes.

Here he is with White Piebald / Rose Rosette / Sanddollar Runes.

Here he is with Rose Jaguar / Pearl Safari / Sanddollar Underbelly.

Agent O:
Male Water Coatl. Interestingly, I see two possibilities for him and I don't know which I like more: a beachy boy (like a piña Coatl?), or a bright warm-colored boy with contrasting eyes.

Here he is with Sand Clown / Splash Current / Sanddollar Glimmer.

Here he is with Cherry Jaguar / Pumpkin Butterfly / Lemon Underbelly.

The Elder Skydancer:
Male Earth Skydancer. Earth tones and an Earth vibe are a must! But if there's anything that can make him look wizened and gray, by all means, let me know. I tried so hard and failed so badly.

Here he is with Soil Speckle / Tarnish Facet / Driftwood Stained.

Here he is with Soil Giraffe / Tarnish Facet / Soil Opal.

Agent K (in case we're masochistic):
Female Ice Wildclaw. All her appearance needs to say is "I'm from the Southern Icefield and I won't take any of your crap." Whether my scries say that is... debatable. RIP.

Here she is with Moon Poison / Moon Toxin / Ice Glimmer.

Here she is with Ice Crystal / Ice Facet / Azure Opal.

The Nocturne:
Female Wind Nocturne. She'd live in Hot Topic. A black-range primary with a red- or purple-range secondary or tertiary (with the other also being black-range) is perfect for her!

Here she is with Obsidian Falcon / Ruby Peregrine / Obsidian Glimmer.

Here she is with Obsidian Jaguar / Nightshade Rosette / Obsidian Lace.

The Fae:
Male Lightning Fae. I picture him as a little storm cloud, so gray-range primaries and secondaries are a must! I gave him gray terts as well but it could also be Lightning blue.

Here he is with Smoke Petals / Gloom Saturn / Gloom Underbelly.

Here he is with Smoke Savannah / Gloom Paint / Gloom Contour.
@Dreamnorn I'm currently breeding a nest that may give a range kind of close to your second agent X scry that hatch in three days. (Edit: It has a chance of the primary and close-ish to the tert?). If the nest interests you I could probably give you one, granted the genes and breed would be off though, as well as the eyes Here's a child scry I got [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/progeny?body=67&bodygene=14&breed=1&element=7&gender=1&tert=89&tertgene=7&winggene=15&wings=23&auth=b03a659a30e0bbbad689675dbcbbe7fb760e6a20&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@Dreamnorn

I'm currently breeding a nest that may give a range kind of close to your second agent X scry that hatch in three days. (Edit: It has a chance of the primary and close-ish to the tert?). If the nest interests you I could probably give you one, granted the genes and breed would be off though, as well as the eyes

Here's a child scry I got
progeny?body=67&bodygene=14&breed=1&element=7&gender=1&tert=89&tertgene=7&winggene=15&wings=23&auth=b03a659a30e0bbbad689675dbcbbe7fb760e6a20&dummyext=prev.png
Please ping me when you reply to my
posts or I probably won't see it.
I don't really sub to my topics, so
Unless I specify, ping me
tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo3_r1_75sq.gif tumblr_n4rnlnlsOx1sl6hkto5_250.gif
@Dreamnorn ahh i totally forgot that they were flight specific! the offer still stands if you need mates though :) good luck with your search!
@Dreamnorn ahh i totally forgot that they were flight specific! the offer still stands if you need mates though :) good luck with your search!

featured dragon
for sale

gen 1! ♥
42298218.png
4gPXCym.gif
always feel free to ping me
she/her
+ 2
tumblr
wishlist
RIP I was in the Coli for eons and I didn't notice these till now. x_x Sorry!

@Ivythorn I'm tempted by landing close to the primary range for either scry! However, the tert would still be pretty far away. For that, as well as the differences in the breed and eyes, I politely decline. c: But thank you for offering! May the RNG bless your hatchlings' colors!

@lilastar It's all good! :D And thank you both for offering earlier and for the luck! I'll definitely browse through your hatchery again once I start my search for mates for the agents. ^^
RIP I was in the Coli for eons and I didn't notice these till now. x_x Sorry!

@Ivythorn I'm tempted by landing close to the primary range for either scry! However, the tert would still be pretty far away. For that, as well as the differences in the breed and eyes, I politely decline. c: But thank you for offering! May the RNG bless your hatchlings' colors!

@lilastar It's all good! :D And thank you both for offering earlier and for the luck! I'll definitely browse through your hatchery again once I start my search for mates for the agents. ^^
@Dreamnorn Well I went ahead and visited the AH for possible dragons, so here's an extended list (because I'm actually insane). Agent X: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35041943] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/350420/35041943_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35041944] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/350420/35041944_350.png[/img] [/url] Agent O: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34652479] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/346525/34652479_350.png[/img] [/url] The Elder Skydancer: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35006056] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/350061/35006056_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35006058] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/350061/35006058_350.png[/img] [/url] Agent K: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35080621] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/350807/35080621_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34908915] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/349090/34908915_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34187761] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/341878/34187761_350.png[/img] [/url] The Nocturne: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35181740] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/351818/35181740_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35181741] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/351818/35181741_350.png[/img] [/url] The Fae: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34838559] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/348386/34838559_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Dreamnorn

Well I went ahead and visited the AH for possible dragons, so here's an extended list (because I'm actually insane).

Agent X:

35041943_350.png

35041944_350.png

Agent O:

34652479_350.png

The Elder Skydancer:

35006056_350.png

35006058_350.png

Agent K:

35080621_350.png

34908915_350.png

34187761_350.png

The Nocturne:

35181740_350.png

35181741_350.png

The Fae:

34838559_350.png
P5dRHZ6.png
@smeen Holy crap, thank you! :D To the dismay of my lair organization and my wallet but that's to be expected, I purchased one of the Tundras, Skydancers, and Nocturnes you showed me! I was also going to grab that triple-Orca Wildclaw and the Fae as well, but the former's auction expired and the latter is 75 gems. ;-; But still, thanks again so much! :D I can't wait to give everyone a space on the cast list!
@smeen Holy crap, thank you! :D To the dismay of my lair organization and my wallet but that's to be expected, I purchased one of the Tundras, Skydancers, and Nocturnes you showed me! I was also going to grab that triple-Orca Wildclaw and the Fae as well, but the former's auction expired and the latter is 75 gems. ;-; But still, thanks again so much! :D I can't wait to give everyone a space on the cast list!
[center][size=6]Meanwhile[/size] [b]Book I | Epilogue[/b] [size=1]PINGLIST @ArouraBorialice @Ivythorn @pensandink @GoldenSootball @lilastar @FallowFreckles @Leopardmask @KitsumiMahon @Maddiebird @smeen @FlufferLover @Birdsofwax @Talismarr @Skyeset @Lyme @Pteranodon @CassieRose[/size] [item="Enchanted Remains"][item="Seeker Orb"][item="Grave Dust"][/center] It was over; Ernest could sense it. The strain of the one he followed had subsided at last, and now it was time to witness the results for himself. Getting there was a matter of will alone. One step through the shadows, and the Pearlcatcher found himself in Branwen's most personal chamber. It was there the Bogsneak rested, her lower body crusted with blood and a contented smirk plastered on her darksteel face. The air was humid with the smell of iron and rain as a monsoon rattled against the stone roof tiles. Wails of wind and wild beasts struggling to escape the jungle's downpour were muffled by the marble walls. But Ernest felt little and cared even less about the physical sensations of the room. The only thing he felt right now was his lady's delight. In spite of what she had gone through, Branwen noticed him as soon as he entered and craned her head in his direction. It would seem even after what happened, her senses remained sharp. Good. He expected nothing less of her. Thunder clapped as her eyes opened. "The transfer was successful at last." Such news was excellent -- that much Ernest couldn't deny -- but for now he gave merely a nod. His examination was vital to assess the next move. He glided a bit closer; no other motion was necessary for Branwen to slide aside and reveal the cargo upon which she rested: A trio of glimmering eggs. Their glow was that of the Gladekeeper, but there was something else involved. With Branwen's body moved, Ernest could feel it in full: a drumming pressure of alchemy and science, an amalgamation of the qualities he had forcefully drilled into her unwitting stud. Some beneath them had feared that such experiments wouldn't impact the hatchlings' magical or genetic makeup; others, more pathetically, feared that such experiments were [i]immoral.[/i] But neither of them had listened. Why should they, when the strongest dragons that ever existed were mere months from being born? "He gave me more than enough," Branwen purred. "Pity his performance was otherwise so lackluster; I might have kept him as fodder for entertainment." Such small talk was unnecessary. [i]Your plans?[/i] he asked telepathically, though it was more of a command than a question. The Bogsneak's crests stretched and vibrated: a clear sign that she had received his message. "Project King will be demolished. Afterwards, whatever's left on the walls can be scraped and stored in case I choose to coat my claws with its power." Her voice was strong and sure, even after hours spent pushing the eggs into the outside world. Ernest was impressed; the females before her had not recovered so quickly after birthing their own, even when their clutches were smaller. Branwen continued. "As for the eggs, I require one heir and one alone. My successor will be decided earnestly: in the traditional way. I have no doubt for any of their physical capabilities, so spiritual strength shall decide the victor. There is as little room for weakness as there is for spares." Ernest's body wavered in the dim, foggy light. Its shudder was pleasurable -- perhaps even euphoric. She said everything he had hoped to hear, and better still, she meant every word. Fate had not steered him wrong when she clawed her way to victory over the corpses of her lesser siblings, and if the aura emanating off of her eggs was any indication, one of those hatchlings would be the final piece of their collective puzzle. There was only one thing left to say, and Ernest accompanied it with a chilling grin. [i]Perfect.[/i] [center]{*}[/center] [b]A/N:[/b] Thus ends [i]The First Waltz![/i] I'm going to take a break for a few days because I wrote a metric buttload, but I'll be back soon with the first chapter of Book II. I'm looking forward to revealing its title to you. Depending on what Rhea and Poi's hatchling is like, it could be one of two! In terms of the "dragonized" characters, I've got [s]four[/s] five of them so far! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35006056]The Elder Skydancer[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35041943]Agent X[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35118677]Agent O[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35181741]the Nocturne[/url], ([b]EDIT:[/b] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35080621]Agent K[/url]!) now have official forms. Click the links to see them and their name reveals. :D During my mini vacation, I'll add them to the cast list. By the way, I've been meaning to ask this for eons, but would it be okay with you guys if I reserved giving the dragons the Whisperer's Cowl for when they go on missions in the story? I know it's one of the rules I set in the first post, but in retrospect, that may not have been the best idea. Its color doesn't go with everything and it makes me feel like my customization of these dragons is either restricted or ugly. Plus, I think it makes sense that they don't have to wear their cowls 24/7 when they're underground and safe. I leave this up to you guys! For now, I've dressed up the dragons without them so you can see their distinct styles. c: Well… except for the Elder Skydancer. He's wearing a hood -- a brown one -- and he's happy like that.
Meanwhile
Book I | Epilogue

PINGLIST
@ArouraBorialice @Ivythorn @pensandink @GoldenSootball @lilastar @FallowFreckles @Leopardmask @KitsumiMahon @Maddiebird @smeen @FlufferLover @Birdsofwax @Talismarr @Skyeset @Lyme @Pteranodon @CassieRose

Enchanted Remains Seeker Orb Grave Dust

It was over; Ernest could sense it. The strain of the one he followed had subsided at last, and now it was time to witness the results for himself.

Getting there was a matter of will alone. One step through the shadows, and the Pearlcatcher found himself in Branwen's most personal chamber. It was there the Bogsneak rested, her lower body crusted with blood and a contented smirk plastered on her darksteel face. The air was humid with the smell of iron and rain as a monsoon rattled against the stone roof tiles. Wails of wind and wild beasts struggling to escape the jungle's downpour were muffled by the marble walls. But Ernest felt little and cared even less about the physical sensations of the room.

The only thing he felt right now was his lady's delight.

In spite of what she had gone through, Branwen noticed him as soon as he entered and craned her head in his direction. It would seem even after what happened, her senses remained sharp. Good. He expected nothing less of her.

Thunder clapped as her eyes opened. "The transfer was successful at last."

Such news was excellent -- that much Ernest couldn't deny -- but for now he gave merely a nod. His examination was vital to assess the next move. He glided a bit closer; no other motion was necessary for Branwen to slide aside and reveal the cargo upon which she rested:

A trio of glimmering eggs.

Their glow was that of the Gladekeeper, but there was something else involved. With Branwen's body moved, Ernest could feel it in full: a drumming pressure of alchemy and science, an amalgamation of the qualities he had forcefully drilled into her unwitting stud. Some beneath them had feared that such experiments wouldn't impact the hatchlings' magical or genetic makeup; others, more pathetically, feared that such experiments were immoral. But neither of them had listened.

Why should they, when the strongest dragons that ever existed were mere months from being born?

"He gave me more than enough," Branwen purred. "Pity his performance was otherwise so lackluster; I might have kept him as fodder for entertainment."

Such small talk was unnecessary. Your plans? he asked telepathically, though it was more of a command than a question.

The Bogsneak's crests stretched and vibrated: a clear sign that she had received his message. "Project King will be demolished. Afterwards, whatever's left on the walls can be scraped and stored in case I choose to coat my claws with its power." Her voice was strong and sure, even after hours spent pushing the eggs into the outside world. Ernest was impressed; the females before her had not recovered so quickly after birthing their own, even when their clutches were smaller.

Branwen continued. "As for the eggs, I require one heir and one alone. My successor will be decided earnestly: in the traditional way. I have no doubt for any of their physical capabilities, so spiritual strength shall decide the victor. There is as little room for weakness as there is for spares."

Ernest's body wavered in the dim, foggy light. Its shudder was pleasurable -- perhaps even euphoric. She said everything he had hoped to hear, and better still, she meant every word. Fate had not steered him wrong when she clawed her way to victory over the corpses of her lesser siblings, and if the aura emanating off of her eggs was any indication, one of those hatchlings would be the final piece of their collective puzzle.

There was only one thing left to say, and Ernest accompanied it with a chilling grin.

Perfect.

{*}

A/N: Thus ends The First Waltz! I'm going to take a break for a few days because I wrote a metric buttload, but I'll be back soon with the first chapter of Book II. I'm looking forward to revealing its title to you. Depending on what Rhea and Poi's hatchling is like, it could be one of two!

In terms of the "dragonized" characters, I've got four five of them so far! The Elder Skydancer, Agent X, Agent O, the Nocturne, (EDIT: and Agent K!) now have official forms. Click the links to see them and their name reveals. :D During my mini vacation, I'll add them to the cast list.

By the way, I've been meaning to ask this for eons, but would it be okay with you guys if I reserved giving the dragons the Whisperer's Cowl for when they go on missions in the story? I know it's one of the rules I set in the first post, but in retrospect, that may not have been the best idea. Its color doesn't go with everything and it makes me feel like my customization of these dragons is either restricted or ugly. Plus, I think it makes sense that they don't have to wear their cowls 24/7 when they're underground and safe. I leave this up to you guys! For now, I've dressed up the dragons without them so you can see their distinct styles. c: Well… except for the Elder Skydancer. He's wearing a hood -- a brown one -- and he's happy like that.
Oh my Eleven....Branwen has eggs. I mean, technically I saw that coming (you mentioned she was the next to last generation for your other legacy), but for them to be in the story? I'm so excited! I see plot bunnies and oh next generation is going to be SO exciting and drama filled. *wriggles like an excited noodle* you definitely deserve a break after all that writing, but the next four days can't go fast enough! And of course, dress them however you wish. At this point, we'll know who they are with or without them.

(Oh, two more things. First, I would love to be on the pinglist, I see them as exclusive clubs, and secondly...yeah, I'll probably comment after every chapter now. Once I get started, I tend to like gushing to the author~.)
Oh my Eleven....Branwen has eggs. I mean, technically I saw that coming (you mentioned she was the next to last generation for your other legacy), but for them to be in the story? I'm so excited! I see plot bunnies and oh next generation is going to be SO exciting and drama filled. *wriggles like an excited noodle* you definitely deserve a break after all that writing, but the next four days can't go fast enough! And of course, dress them however you wish. At this point, we'll know who they are with or without them.

(Oh, two more things. First, I would love to be on the pinglist, I see them as exclusive clubs, and secondly...yeah, I'll probably comment after every chapter now. Once I get started, I tend to like gushing to the author~.)
@Dreamnorn

Modifying the cowl rule makes sense, and since its your story you should go for it. Also, no Fae yet?
@Dreamnorn

Modifying the cowl rule makes sense, and since its your story you should go for it. Also, no Fae yet?
Please ping me when you reply to my
posts or I probably won't see it.
I don't really sub to my topics, so
Unless I specify, ping me
tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo3_r1_75sq.gif tumblr_n4rnlnlsOx1sl6hkto5_250.gif
@Delmaria Yesss! 8D I've been high-key waiting for this moment since I picked up Poi from the AH because I realized that he and Rhea would nest the literal day before Branwen would. I was so bummed that I didn't have lore for my original legacy that I decided, damn it, I'm going to spoil the heck out of my last generations for it... even if they ended up villains because of it. :'D I'm stoked that you're so excited!

By the way, literally in the time it took between posting the epilogue and replying to these comments, I JUST got Agent K and... well... let's just say the Cowl rule goes really well with her. XD Granted, this is just my rudimentary outfit design for her, and I won't restrict myself to putting cowls on all the Whisperers but... damn. Just thought I'd share that with you, since I dressed her all of two minutes ago and I'm proud of it even if it's bad. :'D

(Aww, yeah! :D I'll add you to the pinglist right away, then, and I can't wait to see what you have to say as we hop from chapter to chapter and book to book! Thanks!!)

@Ivythorn All right! I'll go for it, then. ;w; I'm glad you think it makes sense. And yeah, sadly, the Nocturne doesn't quite have her little Lightning bug yet. :c EDIT: Oops, I forgot to add this -- any help finding a reasonably-priced or breeding a living representative of the Fae would be totally appreciated!
@Delmaria Yesss! 8D I've been high-key waiting for this moment since I picked up Poi from the AH because I realized that he and Rhea would nest the literal day before Branwen would. I was so bummed that I didn't have lore for my original legacy that I decided, damn it, I'm going to spoil the heck out of my last generations for it... even if they ended up villains because of it. :'D I'm stoked that you're so excited!

By the way, literally in the time it took between posting the epilogue and replying to these comments, I JUST got Agent K and... well... let's just say the Cowl rule goes really well with her. XD Granted, this is just my rudimentary outfit design for her, and I won't restrict myself to putting cowls on all the Whisperers but... damn. Just thought I'd share that with you, since I dressed her all of two minutes ago and I'm proud of it even if it's bad. :'D

(Aww, yeah! :D I'll add you to the pinglist right away, then, and I can't wait to see what you have to say as we hop from chapter to chapter and book to book! Thanks!!)

@Ivythorn All right! I'll go for it, then. ;w; I'm glad you think it makes sense. And yeah, sadly, the Nocturne doesn't quite have her little Lightning bug yet. :c EDIT: Oops, I forgot to add this -- any help finding a reasonably-priced or breeding a living representative of the Fae would be totally appreciated!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17