Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Kimi & Onionbulb's Clan Alliance]
Written by Crystal4180

Edited by KaiaKuma and onionbulb

CLAN ALLIANCE WITH KIMI & ONIONBULB

“And now, his divine majesty, Great Emperor Huang Di!”

The servant hurried to open the door to the meeting room. The Emperor barely spared the small man a glance as he entered. A woman was sitting at the head of the table. Her clothes were of finest silks, a glittering array of jewels decorating her pale blue hair. She looked stern and commanding. A muscled, stern faced man at her side. Her bodyguard no doubt.

Emperor Huang Di.” She said curtly, bowing her head in respect, her guard repeating the gesture. He nodded his head, taking a seat across from her.

Queen Hera, your reputation precedes to.”

The monarch gave a thin lipped smile,
“Thank you, yours as well,” She gestured to the towering man, “This is my personal guard, Erebus, I hope his presence will not be a disturbance.”
He gave the man a single, appraising glance before responding,

“None at all, now then, let’s skip the pleasantries,” He said, “What is it that you wanted to discuss?” Usually, he wouldn’t bother meeting with some upstart royal, but Queen Hera was growing in power and influence. It’d be best to have the women in his pocket, so much potential gone unchecked could lead to problems, though he doubted she would pull anything.

“Yes, that would be best,” She shifted in her seat, “I wanted to propose an alliance, I believe it would be beneficial to both parties.”

“What exactly do you mean, what benefits does your kingdom have to offer?”

She took a steadying sigh, “I am aware of your need for more trade partners. We have many flourishing farms, as well as a large surplus of tradeable goods. A trade market could be opened up between both our kingdoms. It will be most beneficial for your status, as well as the expansion of your kingdom.”

He considered the idea,
“Say I do agree, what would you want of me?” He remembered something, “If my information is correct, which I have no doubt it is, the threat of bandits is a growing problem for your people.”

Hera nodded again, “Indeed, there are bandits raiding small villages at a higher rate, I believe they might grow more ambitious.”

“So you want the protection of my military, for them to root out these heathens?”

“I believe an illustration of the power of our alliance will greatly affect the heat of their ambition to cool off in a grand scale.”

The emperor laughed a short, mocking laugh,
“Are you so naive that you think they’ll stay down forever? The only way to keep them down permanently is to squash these criminals at the source. You don't get rid of the weed by chopping each leaf, you cut it at the root."

The queen’s lip curled slightly, a small sign of the disgust she felt,
“I hardly want a reputation of violence.”

“I find it does wonders.”

The monarchs exchanged glances, eyeing each other inscrutability for a moment.

Finally, the emperor sighed. “Fine, you want a section of my troops to come here and flash their swords at any miscreants, I’ll sign a deal with you, I expect the alliance to be set up by the end of the month.”

“My kingdom is indebted to you, Great Emperor. I will discuss the terms of business relocation and trade union with my Council.”

The emperor nodded and turned his head towards the door.
“You there,”
Huang Di suddenly stood up from his chair, averting his gaze to the servant that had let him in,
“Begin drafting the necessary documents, I hope you know the correct ones and inform Yun that I want a private meeting with him.”
The small man nodded shakily, before hurrying out the door.

“Well, it has been a pleasure Queen Hera.” The emperor began leaving towards the door,
“I expect our alliance will be most, beneficial.”

---

“And now we have the jewel of the imperial palace, the royal gardens.”
Xi Yun beamed at the two sisters. The pair exchanged a look. Their tour guide was optimistic and energetic, all flashing smiles. They’d come along reluctantly on their mother’s business venture and had been enjoying the many luxuries of the imperial palace. However, this came with the unfortunate reality of being herded around like children on some boring tour. Now, they followed their guide half heartedly. Suddenly, Flora turned to her sister and whispered in Fauna’s ear,

“I'm about to fall asleep, I need to get away from this ‘tour’.”

“You need a distraction?”

Flora smirked,
“You know it.”

Her sister nodded.
“Now then girls, no need to dawdle!”
They followed their guide along a hall lined with vases and similar artifacts. Each of them glowed pearly white, engraved with beautiful designs.

“This is the Empress’s personal collection of artifacts, these are some of the rarest, most valuable items in all of Sornieth, it is important to be gentle.”

The council member turned to Flora.
As if on cue...CRASH. The sound of shattering porcelain echoed around the hall.

“Oops.” Fauna said half heartedly over the remnants of a jeweled vase.
Xi Yun’s face crumpled.
“Oh no no no, that was a gift from the Porcelain Emperor himself!”
The conversation carried on, but Flora hadn't been there to hear it. She'd slipped past the distraught man and her sister quietly, making her way into the palace.

Flora looked around in awe. She hadn't seen the full extent of the palace grounds and the surrounding areas were beautiful, being much more secluded and silent than what she was used to. She examined a patch of daisies with interest when she heard something behind her. She jumped in surprise as she turned around, seeing the burnt, muscled young man behind her.

“Hello.” He said sheepishly.

Flora settled down, her looked to be her age. Then her eyes went to his face and she gasped.
“Are those your real eyes?”
She blurted out without thinking. Indeed, they were comically large, bulging out from his face like a frog’s eyes. He pressed his lips into a thin lipped smile,

“They are,” He sat down, “Can I join you?”

Flora nodded, extending a hand, “My name is Flora, what about you?”
Shi Fei.” He sounded somewhat awkward.
“You’re the daughter of the visiting empress, right?”

Flora nodded, the boy seemed nice enough despite his alarming appearance.

“Ah good, I’ve always wanted to meet a royal.”
A strange sentiment.
“You live on the grounds don’t you, you must see your fair share of the royals here?”
To her surprise a blush crept up his neck.

“Uh well, you see, ah,” He sighed, “I’m not exactly supposed to be here, per say.” The last words were said hurriedly, as if saying them burned his tongue.

“No?”
Flora raised an eyebrow,

“I’m a fighter of sorts, I’m usually not wanted around here, I usually sneak in to watch the guards train.” His shoulders slumped.
She chuckled,
“Don’t worry, I’m supposed to be on some tour, not prancing around the grounds on my own.”
He gave a sigh of relief.

“I was worried there, you know what the Emperor does to trespassers.”
He laughed awkwardly, but Flora sensed his trepidation. That’s how they went on, talking about themselves and asking questions. She never did comment on his strange appearance again, she’d gotten used to it in a surprisingly short amount of time. It was only when the sky began to turn a faint daylily orange, that she shot up.

“By the eleven, I need to head back.”
Shi Fei sighed but nodded,

“Your sister and mom, they’ll be worried.”

She smiled,
“I’ll keep in touch, we can talk again tomorrow?”

He returned the grin,
“It’s a deal.”

With that Flora practically ran back to the palace, hoping she hadn’t left to much mayhem in her wake.
Written by Crystal4180

Edited by KaiaKuma and onionbulb

CLAN ALLIANCE WITH KIMI & ONIONBULB

“And now, his divine majesty, Great Emperor Huang Di!”

The servant hurried to open the door to the meeting room. The Emperor barely spared the small man a glance as he entered. A woman was sitting at the head of the table. Her clothes were of finest silks, a glittering array of jewels decorating her pale blue hair. She looked stern and commanding. A muscled, stern faced man at her side. Her bodyguard no doubt.

Emperor Huang Di.” She said curtly, bowing her head in respect, her guard repeating the gesture. He nodded his head, taking a seat across from her.

Queen Hera, your reputation precedes to.”

The monarch gave a thin lipped smile,
“Thank you, yours as well,” She gestured to the towering man, “This is my personal guard, Erebus, I hope his presence will not be a disturbance.”
He gave the man a single, appraising glance before responding,

“None at all, now then, let’s skip the pleasantries,” He said, “What is it that you wanted to discuss?” Usually, he wouldn’t bother meeting with some upstart royal, but Queen Hera was growing in power and influence. It’d be best to have the women in his pocket, so much potential gone unchecked could lead to problems, though he doubted she would pull anything.

“Yes, that would be best,” She shifted in her seat, “I wanted to propose an alliance, I believe it would be beneficial to both parties.”

“What exactly do you mean, what benefits does your kingdom have to offer?”

She took a steadying sigh, “I am aware of your need for more trade partners. We have many flourishing farms, as well as a large surplus of tradeable goods. A trade market could be opened up between both our kingdoms. It will be most beneficial for your status, as well as the expansion of your kingdom.”

He considered the idea,
“Say I do agree, what would you want of me?” He remembered something, “If my information is correct, which I have no doubt it is, the threat of bandits is a growing problem for your people.”

Hera nodded again, “Indeed, there are bandits raiding small villages at a higher rate, I believe they might grow more ambitious.”

“So you want the protection of my military, for them to root out these heathens?”

“I believe an illustration of the power of our alliance will greatly affect the heat of their ambition to cool off in a grand scale.”

The emperor laughed a short, mocking laugh,
“Are you so naive that you think they’ll stay down forever? The only way to keep them down permanently is to squash these criminals at the source. You don't get rid of the weed by chopping each leaf, you cut it at the root."

The queen’s lip curled slightly, a small sign of the disgust she felt,
“I hardly want a reputation of violence.”

“I find it does wonders.”

The monarchs exchanged glances, eyeing each other inscrutability for a moment.

Finally, the emperor sighed. “Fine, you want a section of my troops to come here and flash their swords at any miscreants, I’ll sign a deal with you, I expect the alliance to be set up by the end of the month.”

“My kingdom is indebted to you, Great Emperor. I will discuss the terms of business relocation and trade union with my Council.”

The emperor nodded and turned his head towards the door.
“You there,”
Huang Di suddenly stood up from his chair, averting his gaze to the servant that had let him in,
“Begin drafting the necessary documents, I hope you know the correct ones and inform Yun that I want a private meeting with him.”
The small man nodded shakily, before hurrying out the door.

“Well, it has been a pleasure Queen Hera.” The emperor began leaving towards the door,
“I expect our alliance will be most, beneficial.”

---

“And now we have the jewel of the imperial palace, the royal gardens.”
Xi Yun beamed at the two sisters. The pair exchanged a look. Their tour guide was optimistic and energetic, all flashing smiles. They’d come along reluctantly on their mother’s business venture and had been enjoying the many luxuries of the imperial palace. However, this came with the unfortunate reality of being herded around like children on some boring tour. Now, they followed their guide half heartedly. Suddenly, Flora turned to her sister and whispered in Fauna’s ear,

“I'm about to fall asleep, I need to get away from this ‘tour’.”

“You need a distraction?”

Flora smirked,
“You know it.”

Her sister nodded.
“Now then girls, no need to dawdle!”
They followed their guide along a hall lined with vases and similar artifacts. Each of them glowed pearly white, engraved with beautiful designs.

“This is the Empress’s personal collection of artifacts, these are some of the rarest, most valuable items in all of Sornieth, it is important to be gentle.”

The council member turned to Flora.
As if on cue...CRASH. The sound of shattering porcelain echoed around the hall.

“Oops.” Fauna said half heartedly over the remnants of a jeweled vase.
Xi Yun’s face crumpled.
“Oh no no no, that was a gift from the Porcelain Emperor himself!”
The conversation carried on, but Flora hadn't been there to hear it. She'd slipped past the distraught man and her sister quietly, making her way into the palace.

Flora looked around in awe. She hadn't seen the full extent of the palace grounds and the surrounding areas were beautiful, being much more secluded and silent than what she was used to. She examined a patch of daisies with interest when she heard something behind her. She jumped in surprise as she turned around, seeing the burnt, muscled young man behind her.

“Hello.” He said sheepishly.

Flora settled down, her looked to be her age. Then her eyes went to his face and she gasped.
“Are those your real eyes?”
She blurted out without thinking. Indeed, they were comically large, bulging out from his face like a frog’s eyes. He pressed his lips into a thin lipped smile,

“They are,” He sat down, “Can I join you?”

Flora nodded, extending a hand, “My name is Flora, what about you?”
Shi Fei.” He sounded somewhat awkward.
“You’re the daughter of the visiting empress, right?”

Flora nodded, the boy seemed nice enough despite his alarming appearance.

“Ah good, I’ve always wanted to meet a royal.”
A strange sentiment.
“You live on the grounds don’t you, you must see your fair share of the royals here?”
To her surprise a blush crept up his neck.

“Uh well, you see, ah,” He sighed, “I’m not exactly supposed to be here, per say.” The last words were said hurriedly, as if saying them burned his tongue.

“No?”
Flora raised an eyebrow,

“I’m a fighter of sorts, I’m usually not wanted around here, I usually sneak in to watch the guards train.” His shoulders slumped.
She chuckled,
“Don’t worry, I’m supposed to be on some tour, not prancing around the grounds on my own.”
He gave a sigh of relief.

“I was worried there, you know what the Emperor does to trespassers.”
He laughed awkwardly, but Flora sensed his trepidation. That’s how they went on, talking about themselves and asking questions. She never did comment on his strange appearance again, she’d gotten used to it in a surprisingly short amount of time. It was only when the sky began to turn a faint daylily orange, that she shot up.

“By the eleven, I need to head back.”
Shi Fei sighed but nodded,

“Your sister and mom, they’ll be worried.”

She smiled,
“I’ll keep in touch, we can talk again tomorrow?”

He returned the grin,
“It’s a deal.”

With that Flora practically ran back to the palace, hoping she hadn’t left to much mayhem in her wake.
89LCj77.pngvOw2pQ5.png