Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Chronicles of the Rose
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[center][font=book antiqua][size=5]Is This Love?[/size] "Soya! Look at me!" Amoral grabbed Soya's arm roughly and forced her to look at him. "You need to stop living in the past! He's gone, he's dead, but I'm here now and I need you!" Tears brimmed in his eyes. He choked back a sob. "Stop saying that. You'll never be like Alec." She spat out the words as she yanked her arm away from him. "I have business to take care of. Leave me." Amoral scoffed. He straightened out his back and towered over the tiny nocturne. "I'm not some slave you can just order around Soya. You and I, we're in this together. I told you I loved you and I meant it." He stooped down so he could be eye to eye with Soya again. Soya turned and faced Amoral. Her eyes were solid black. Long black spines erupted from her back and dripped a thick black liquid. When she spoke, it the voice of a demon. "I said, LEAVE ME!" Amoral glared at her. He pulled his hand back and smacked her, right across the mouth. "You don't command me and your shade form doesn't scare me." With one paw, he pinned her to the wall and forced her to look at him. "Do you remember when we met? I was in the woods with the rest of my cult and you killed them. I was younger then, so I hid, but you found me. I was scared and I fought you. It was a close battle, but my immense size allowed me to win. I'm stronger now. If you want to fight with me, I will and I will destroy you. You will be nothing more than a smear of tainted blood on my tile floor." He sighed and let her fall from the wall. Soya collapsed on the ground. She brought a paw to her chest and breathed heavily. "Alec would never threaten me. He really loved me." She spat out. "And he's dead! You killed him! I would prefer to be dead than to be in love with a monster like you Soya, yet here I am. It hurts me to love you, to know that you will never love me, because you're not over Alec. I wish I was strong enough to leave you, but despite how much I hate you, I love you more than anything." He stared down at the ground, tears now freely falling. "I can't be here right now. I don't want to hurt you anymore." Without taking another look at Soya, Amoral pushed open the balcony doors and jumped out. He snapped his wings open and soared high above the trees. Soya didn't bother to look out as he left. She waved her paw and the doors closed. She pushed herself up off the ground and walked to her bedside table. She slid open the top drawer and pulled out letters. Each and every one from Alec. Telling her of his worsening condition, how he loved her, but he couldn't let himself. A deep growl grew in her throat. Those stupid guards withheld his letters in the hope that she wouldn't return. She let out a scream. She kept yelling and screaming, hot tears streaking down her midnight scales. Things started to fly around the room. She could hear the Shade in her head telling her to keep going, to give into her anger. Like always, she listened. Her rage built up, until her energy ran out. She fell to the ground in a heap. She drew in short breaths between every sob. She so badly wanted to love Amoral. He was everything she could ever need and yet, she still wanted Alec to come back. [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30359218] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/303593/30359218.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30529793] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/305298/30529793.png[/img] [/url][/columns]
Is This Love?

"Soya! Look at me!" Amoral grabbed Soya's arm roughly and forced her to look at him. "You need to stop living in the past! He's gone, he's dead, but I'm here now and I need you!" Tears brimmed in his eyes. He choked back a sob.
"Stop saying that. You'll never be like Alec." She spat out the words as she yanked her arm away from him. "I have business to take care of. Leave me."
Amoral scoffed. He straightened out his back and towered over the tiny nocturne. "I'm not some slave you can just order around Soya. You and I, we're in this together. I told you I loved you and I meant it." He stooped down so he could be eye to eye with Soya again.
Soya turned and faced Amoral. Her eyes were solid black. Long black spines erupted from her back and dripped a thick black liquid. When she spoke, it the voice of a demon. "I said, LEAVE ME!"
Amoral glared at her. He pulled his hand back and smacked her, right across the mouth. "You don't command me and your shade form doesn't scare me." With one paw, he pinned her to the wall and forced her to look at him. "Do you remember when we met? I was in the woods with the rest of my cult and you killed them. I was younger then, so I hid, but you found me. I was scared and I fought you. It was a close battle, but my immense size allowed me to win. I'm stronger now. If you want to fight with me, I will and I will destroy you. You will be nothing more than a smear of tainted blood on my tile floor." He sighed and let her fall from the wall.
Soya collapsed on the ground. She brought a paw to her chest and breathed heavily. "Alec would never threaten me. He really loved me." She spat out.
"And he's dead! You killed him! I would prefer to be dead than to be in love with a monster like you Soya, yet here I am. It hurts me to love you, to know that you will never love me, because you're not over Alec. I wish I was strong enough to leave you, but despite how much I hate you, I love you more than anything." He stared down at the ground, tears now freely falling. "I can't be here right now. I don't want to hurt you anymore." Without taking another look at Soya, Amoral pushed open the balcony doors and jumped out. He snapped his wings open and soared high above the trees.
Soya didn't bother to look out as he left. She waved her paw and the doors closed. She pushed herself up off the ground and walked to her bedside table. She slid open the top drawer and pulled out letters. Each and every one from Alec. Telling her of his worsening condition, how he loved her, but he couldn't let himself. A deep growl grew in her throat. Those stupid guards withheld his letters in the hope that she wouldn't return. She let out a scream. She kept yelling and screaming, hot tears streaking down her midnight scales. Things started to fly around the room. She could hear the Shade in her head telling her to keep going, to give into her anger. Like always, she listened. Her rage built up, until her energy ran out. She fell to the ground in a heap. She drew in short breaths between every sob. She so badly wanted to love Amoral. He was everything she could ever need and yet, she still wanted Alec to come back.

30359218.png

30529793.png
pixilart-drawing.png
[center][font=book antiqua][size=5]Found Again[/size] Ares landed next to a small stream. The woods were perfectly silent. No sounds of animals, birds, fires, other dragons, not even the stream made a sound. He sat down and closed his eyes. The perfect silence allowed him to clear his mind and think. He did exactly as Epione had taught him. He called out to Venandari. Suddenly, the enormous imperial appeared in front of Ares. Venandari's head brushed the top of the canopy. His legs were so big, they might've been mistaken for tree trunks. The gems encrusted on his scales were easily the size of Ares, even twice the size. When he spoke, the entirety of Sornieth seemed to shake, although his voice was quite soft and gentle. "What do you want, mortal?" Ares took a deep breath and swallowed down his nervousness. "I wish to know about a dragon." "Do you have tribute so I may find the dragon?" Ares nodded. He pulled out a deep red scale. He put it in the palm of his hand and lifted it up to Venandari. The item sizzled and vanished into thin air. Venandari nodded before speaking again. "Your past love, Solis, how tragic. He is so close and yet you cannot find him. He still loves you. He has a mate, but he is only with her because she reminds him of you. He wants you back and deeply regrets the way he hurt you. He also regrets killing his brother. You could go back to him. He would accept you, you only have to forgive him." Ares sat in a deep stupor. To forgive Solis would be... freeing. He would no longer hold the pain of the past. "What about the Wanderers? I can't leave them. It is my duty to protect them." Venandari chuckled and shook his head. "And who is protecting them now? You left to come here." "Well, Achilles can handle it for a bit, but she's not a protecting type. If they're attacked, she'll kill all the enemies before she actually helps the others." Ares thought of the young and reckless ridgeback. "What a predicament this is." Venandari tapped his claw on the ground. "I've got it. I will give you a precious item that once belonged to your love. You may use it to instantly travel between the city and your cult." Ares eagerly nodded. Venandari smiled and pressed the tip of his talon against Ares' chest. A golden light started to glow. A golden necklace appeared around his neck. Venandari disappeared. Ares turned his head back in the direction of his camp. He took a deep breath and pressed his hand against the necklace. The world around him started spinning, then he was standing in a small town. There was a quartz castle in the middle, a few houses, a large mansion, and a library. He looked around. There didn't seem to be anyone in the streets. He started to walk towards the castle. He kicked up loose dirt from the road as he did. Then he heard some shouting. Ares turned and headed towards the shouting. It was distinctly a woman's voice. He stood in front of what looked to be some barracks. He pushed the large wooden door open. Three dragons were inside, sparring. A large pink and brown imperial was being attacked by another imperial and a skydancer. The skydancer attacked with vicious strength and speed, but the imperial was still better. The other imperial had rose petals drifting around him. He jogged around the two women and threw the rose petals at the imperial. As the petals flew through the air, they shifted and turned into sharp, gold daggers. The pink imperial still easily dodged. None of them seemed to notice Ares. The male imperial moved to in the opponents blind spot. The skydancer stepped on a trail of his lavish mask. It slipped off and clattered to the floor. Ares gasped. "Solis!" Ares stared into the deep green eyes of his former mate. Solis stared back at Ares. The rose petals started to lazily drift in circles around him. Solis kicked his mask aside and ran to Ares. He tackled Ares to the ground in a crushing hug. "I'm so sorry Ares! I didn't mean to hurt you! I never wanted to involve you with my problems, but I did and you got hurt! I don't deserve you!" Ares pushed Solis off of him. "I forgive you." The three simple words caused Solis to burst into tears. "So you've returned to me. Are you going to stay with me?" Ares looked at the ground. "I actually can't stay. I have duties to attend to, but I'll come visit. You just need to promise me that you'll get rid of your mate, because you're mine." Solis nodded. He kissed Ares on the cheek and walked away. "Well, I have duties I must get back to. You inspired me Ares, I now protect. Thank you." Ares smiled and walked out the door. He heard the yelling resume just as he brought his hand to the necklace again. [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39388268] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/393883/39388268.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36033717] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/360338/36033717.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33278141] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/332782/33278141.png[/img] [/url]
Found Again

Ares landed next to a small stream. The woods were perfectly silent. No sounds of animals, birds, fires, other dragons, not even the stream made a sound. He sat down and closed his eyes. The perfect silence allowed him to clear his mind and think. He did exactly as Epione had taught him. He called out to Venandari. Suddenly, the enormous imperial appeared in front of Ares. Venandari's head brushed the top of the canopy. His legs were so big, they might've been mistaken for tree trunks. The gems encrusted on his scales were easily the size of Ares, even twice the size.
When he spoke, the entirety of Sornieth seemed to shake, although his voice was quite soft and gentle. "What do you want, mortal?"
Ares took a deep breath and swallowed down his nervousness. "I wish to know about a dragon."
"Do you have tribute so I may find the dragon?"
Ares nodded. He pulled out a deep red scale. He put it in the palm of his hand and lifted it up to Venandari. The item sizzled and vanished into thin air. Venandari nodded before speaking again.
"Your past love, Solis, how tragic. He is so close and yet you cannot find him. He still loves you. He has a mate, but he is only with her because she reminds him of you. He wants you back and deeply regrets the way he hurt you. He also regrets killing his brother. You could go back to him. He would accept you, you only have to forgive him."
Ares sat in a deep stupor. To forgive Solis would be... freeing. He would no longer hold the pain of the past. "What about the Wanderers? I can't leave them. It is my duty to protect them."
Venandari chuckled and shook his head. "And who is protecting them now? You left to come here."
"Well, Achilles can handle it for a bit, but she's not a protecting type. If they're attacked, she'll kill all the enemies before she actually helps the others." Ares thought of the young and reckless ridgeback.
"What a predicament this is." Venandari tapped his claw on the ground. "I've got it. I will give you a precious item that once belonged to your love. You may use it to instantly travel between the city and your cult."
Ares eagerly nodded. Venandari smiled and pressed the tip of his talon against Ares' chest. A golden light started to glow. A golden necklace appeared around his neck. Venandari disappeared. Ares turned his head back in the direction of his camp. He took a deep breath and pressed his hand against the necklace. The world around him started spinning, then he was standing in a small town. There was a quartz castle in the middle, a few houses, a large mansion, and a library. He looked around. There didn't seem to be anyone in the streets. He started to walk towards the castle. He kicked up loose dirt from the road as he did. Then he heard some shouting.
Ares turned and headed towards the shouting. It was distinctly a woman's voice. He stood in front of what looked to be some barracks. He pushed the large wooden door open. Three dragons were inside, sparring. A large pink and brown imperial was being attacked by another imperial and a skydancer. The skydancer attacked with vicious strength and speed, but the imperial was still better. The other imperial had rose petals drifting around him. He jogged around the two women and threw the rose petals at the imperial. As the petals flew through the air, they shifted and turned into sharp, gold daggers. The pink imperial still easily dodged. None of them seemed to notice Ares. The male imperial moved to in the opponents blind spot. The skydancer stepped on a trail of his lavish mask. It slipped off and clattered to the floor. Ares gasped.
"Solis!" Ares stared into the deep green eyes of his former mate.
Solis stared back at Ares. The rose petals started to lazily drift in circles around him. Solis kicked his mask aside and ran to Ares. He tackled Ares to the ground in a crushing hug. "I'm so sorry Ares! I didn't mean to hurt you! I never wanted to involve you with my problems, but I did and you got hurt! I don't deserve you!"
Ares pushed Solis off of him. "I forgive you."
The three simple words caused Solis to burst into tears. "So you've returned to me. Are you going to stay with me?"
Ares looked at the ground. "I actually can't stay. I have duties to attend to, but I'll come visit. You just need to promise me that you'll get rid of your mate, because you're mine."
Solis nodded. He kissed Ares on the cheek and walked away. "Well, I have duties I must get back to. You inspired me Ares, I now protect. Thank you."
Ares smiled and walked out the door. He heard the yelling resume just as he brought his hand to the necklace again.

39388268.png

36033717.png

33278141.png
pixilart-drawing.png
[center][font=book antiqua][size=5]The Monument[/size] Fate crept quietly through the woods. A hot breeze ruffled her black and white mane. She peered around a large oak at a grand obelisk. It was only a meter or two taller than her, but it radiated with power. It was made of solid emerald with different, large diamonds and rubies inlaid into its smooth surface. The emerald emitted of soft green glow while the diamonds and rubies remained dull and boring. Fate took a deep breath. She pressed her talons against the emerald and felt her magic power seep from her body and into the gem. The emerald started to glow more brilliantly. She pressed her talons deeper into the obelisk. It softened, allowing her entire hand to enter into the emerald. Something ominous and black glowed in the center, it glowed brighter and brighter until Fate's hand was stopped. She was so close to touching the center, so close, yet so far. She muttered a swear under her breath before pulling her hand out. The black center disappeared and the emerald went back to a dull glow. "Fate!" Kismet stood a little bit away. She glared at Fate, hatred filling her eyes. "You will not unlock the power before me!" Fate let a growl escape her curled lips. "What would you use the power for? Nothing good. I just want to know my past, I want to make amends for what I did to deserve this!" "I want our clan to return to glory! If I receive the power, I could make everyone go back to the land of Plague and maybe we could restore our honor!" Kismet quickly crossed the distance between herself and Fate. She kept eye contact with Fate whilst shoving her hand into one of the rubies. The rubies all glowed, the black center appeared, only for Kismet to be stopped. She yanked her hand out and glared again. "Would you stop glaring at me! It's not like I would know how to get in! And if I did, I would already have the power!" Fate roughly shoved Kismet away from the obelisk. Kismet yipped at Fate. She grabbed Fate by her flowered collar and threw her to the ground. She jammed her claws into Fate's throat and growled viciously. Fate threw Kismet off of her throat and wiped the blood from her neck. A small skeletal fox walked between the two. They stopped fighting each other and held their breath, dreading the meaning of the fox. Hypnotized walked up to the two. Her bones clicked together, her empty eyes drifted between the fighting pearlcatchers, her exposed muscles stretched and contracted until she stopped. She allowed her deep gaze to shift between Fate and Kismet. She ran her talons over a diamond. The glow appeared, but she was so used to it. "I feel so sorry for you." A half smile spread onto her face as she spoke to Kismet. "I want to give a second life, but first I must kill you, unless I can get in." She sighed. "I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon." "I don't need your pity, you necrophiliac." Kismet spat out each word. Hypnotized sucked in a sharp breath. She pulled back her arm and punched Kismet right in the snout. "It's necromancer and you know it. You should show some respect. I have more power in my pinky bone than you have in your entire body." Fate scoffed. "Yeah, then why don't you reach the black heart?" "You tell me pretty girl. Maybe it's something in my past that... I don't quite remember. Oh wait! I know everything about my past!" Hypnotized let out a small chuckle before scooping the fox up into her arms. "That was low! And I've told you before, don't call me pretty girl! I have brains for a reason!" She took a threatening step towards Hypno and smacked the fox out of her hands. "Why, you little-" "Oh shut up! If either of you had brains, you'd be able to get into the pillar, but none of us can, so stop trying to fluff your feathers. Also, it's not like either of you have admirable goals. I want to change the entire clan while you have your own selfish reasons." Kismet held her bleeding snout as she watched the other two bicker. "Selfish? We're selfish? The clan is happy and prosperous and you just want to go back to your homeland." Fate sat down heavily and leaned her back against the obelisk. "Why must we always come here at the same time? I hate being near you two. We should make a schedule." Hypno said flippantly over her shoulder as she walked away from the obelisk. "I'll be back tomorrow afternoon. Don't be here." Kismet flicked her blood onto the ground. "I'm not going to let that selfish zombie figure something out before me. I'll be here too, but you'd better not be. I'll seriously harm you if you do. Your husband will be wondering what happened to your pretty pretty feathers." With that, she followed Hypno back into the woods and towards the clan. Fate turned around and looked up at the obelisk. She needed the power. She craved it and she would not let the others have it. She decided that she would be there the following afternoon as well. She sighed and went the long way over the woods to return to the clan. [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34267389] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/342674/34267389.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34383216] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/343833/34383216.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39231188] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/392312/39231188.png[/img] [/url][/columns]
The Monument

Fate crept quietly through the woods. A hot breeze ruffled her black and white mane. She peered around a large oak at a grand obelisk. It was only a meter or two taller than her, but it radiated with power. It was made of solid emerald with different, large diamonds and rubies inlaid into its smooth surface. The emerald emitted of soft green glow while the diamonds and rubies remained dull and boring. Fate took a deep breath. She pressed her talons against the emerald and felt her magic power seep from her body and into the gem. The emerald started to glow more brilliantly. She pressed her talons deeper into the obelisk. It softened, allowing her entire hand to enter into the emerald. Something ominous and black glowed in the center, it glowed brighter and brighter until Fate's hand was stopped. She was so close to touching the center, so close, yet so far. She muttered a swear under her breath before pulling her hand out. The black center disappeared and the emerald went back to a dull glow.
"Fate!" Kismet stood a little bit away. She glared at Fate, hatred filling her eyes. "You will not unlock the power before me!"
Fate let a growl escape her curled lips. "What would you use the power for? Nothing good. I just want to know my past, I want to make amends for what I did to deserve this!"
"I want our clan to return to glory! If I receive the power, I could make everyone go back to the land of Plague and maybe we could restore our honor!" Kismet quickly crossed the distance between herself and Fate. She kept eye contact with Fate whilst shoving her hand into one of the rubies. The rubies all glowed, the black center appeared, only for Kismet to be stopped. She yanked her hand out and glared again.
"Would you stop glaring at me! It's not like I would know how to get in! And if I did, I would already have the power!" Fate roughly shoved Kismet away from the obelisk.
Kismet yipped at Fate. She grabbed Fate by her flowered collar and threw her to the ground. She jammed her claws into Fate's throat and growled viciously. Fate threw Kismet off of her throat and wiped the blood from her neck. A small skeletal fox walked between the two. They stopped fighting each other and held their breath, dreading the meaning of the fox. Hypnotized walked up to the two. Her bones clicked together, her empty eyes drifted between the fighting pearlcatchers, her exposed muscles stretched and contracted until she stopped. She allowed her deep gaze to shift between Fate and Kismet. She ran her talons over a diamond. The glow appeared, but she was so used to it.
"I feel so sorry for you." A half smile spread onto her face as she spoke to Kismet. "I want to give a second life, but first I must kill you, unless I can get in." She sighed. "I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon."
"I don't need your pity, you necrophiliac." Kismet spat out each word.
Hypnotized sucked in a sharp breath. She pulled back her arm and punched Kismet right in the snout. "It's necromancer and you know it. You should show some respect. I have more power in my pinky bone than you have in your entire body."
Fate scoffed. "Yeah, then why don't you reach the black heart?"
"You tell me pretty girl. Maybe it's something in my past that... I don't quite remember. Oh wait! I know everything about my past!" Hypnotized let out a small chuckle before scooping the fox up into her arms.
"That was low! And I've told you before, don't call me pretty girl! I have brains for a reason!" She took a threatening step towards Hypno and smacked the fox out of her hands.
"Why, you little-"
"Oh shut up! If either of you had brains, you'd be able to get into the pillar, but none of us can, so stop trying to fluff your feathers. Also, it's not like either of you have admirable goals. I want to change the entire clan while you have your own selfish reasons." Kismet held her bleeding snout as she watched the other two bicker.
"Selfish? We're selfish? The clan is happy and prosperous and you just want to go back to your homeland." Fate sat down heavily and leaned her back against the obelisk.
"Why must we always come here at the same time? I hate being near you two. We should make a schedule." Hypno said flippantly over her shoulder as she walked away from the obelisk. "I'll be back tomorrow afternoon. Don't be here."
Kismet flicked her blood onto the ground. "I'm not going to let that selfish zombie figure something out before me. I'll be here too, but you'd better not be. I'll seriously harm you if you do. Your husband will be wondering what happened to your pretty pretty feathers." With that, she followed Hypno back into the woods and towards the clan.
Fate turned around and looked up at the obelisk. She needed the power. She craved it and she would not let the others have it. She decided that she would be there the following afternoon as well. She sighed and went the long way over the woods to return to the clan.

34267389.png

34383216.png

39231188.png
pixilart-drawing.png
[center][font=book antiqua][size=5]This is Love.[/size] "Soya?" Amoral's voice came out as a whisper. The pair was lying in their bed, Amoral had his wing tightly wrapped around the tiny nocturne. "Soya, are you awake?" Soya shifted under the weight of his wing. "Yeah." Amoral let out a deep sigh. "You understand how much I love you right?" "Yeah." "Why do you fight me then? I'm doing everything I can for you." "I don't know." "Then stop. Stop fighting me. Let me love you. I'm not Alec. You will never drive me away, I understand the thrill of power and the rush of knowledge. You won't lose me." Soya pressed her face into the crook of Amoral's neck. She gently ran her claws over the raised surface of his brand. Tears streamed down her snout. "I love you. I was afraid to say it, but I know you're not going anywhere." Amoral pushed up from the lush pillow on their bed. He slipped out of the bed and walked over to Soya's nightstand. He opened the top drawer and pulled out the letters. Soya watched him with big eyes, not uttering a word. He grabbed a small wooden box from under the bed and carefully set the fragile letters inside. He gently set the lid on top and met Soya's intense gaze with his own. "Let's go bury the past." Amoral took Soya around the waist and pulled her onto his back. She pulled her wings tight around her body and held tight to his mane. He handed her the box to keep safe and flung open the doors to the balcony. He got a running start and jumped off the balcony. He spread out his wings and allowed the cool, night, air to blow against his bare scales. The pair flew over the towns, the barracks, the library, the mansion. They flew until they were above the thick woods. Amoral flattened his wings to his side and divebombed through the thick foliage. He spread them out a bit and floated to the ground. He leaned to one side to allow an easy exit for Soya. She clutched the box tightly to her chest. "It's time to let go." She nodded. She set the box down and used her magic to pull the dirt out of a deep hole. She took a deep breath and dropped the box in. It was silent for a few seconds before the box thumped against the ground. She filled the hole back in and looked up at Amoral. "I'm proud of you." Soya stayed silent for a moment. "I don't think it ever would've worked out between us, Alec and I. He was timid and fragile. Even without the Shade influence, he wouldn't have been able to keep up with me. I'm glad I have you. You understand me perfectly." Amoral smiled. He scooped her up and took to the skies again. He flew back to the castle and set her gently in the bed. "You're the first to accept me wholly, as a Child of the Night, as an alchemist. No one else here is like that. I know they don't believe that I could be right about the Nightstalker, but you do. You are not bigoted or jaded. You are warm and accepting." Soya had started to snore. Amoral let out a burst of joyful laughter. He climbed into the bed and wrapped his wing around her. He looked at her with udder adoration. "This is my wife." He smiled. "This. Is. My. Wife." [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30359218] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/303593/30359218.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30529793] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/305298/30529793.png[/img] [/url][/columns]
This is Love.

"Soya?" Amoral's voice came out as a whisper. The pair was lying in their bed, Amoral had his wing tightly wrapped around the tiny nocturne. "Soya, are you awake?"
Soya shifted under the weight of his wing. "Yeah."
Amoral let out a deep sigh. "You understand how much I love you right?"
"Yeah."
"Why do you fight me then? I'm doing everything I can for you."
"I don't know."
"Then stop. Stop fighting me. Let me love you. I'm not Alec. You will never drive me away, I understand the thrill of power and the rush of knowledge. You won't lose me."
Soya pressed her face into the crook of Amoral's neck. She gently ran her claws over the raised surface of his brand. Tears streamed down her snout. "I love you. I was afraid to say it, but I know you're not going anywhere."
Amoral pushed up from the lush pillow on their bed. He slipped out of the bed and walked over to Soya's nightstand. He opened the top drawer and pulled out the letters. Soya watched him with big eyes, not uttering a word. He grabbed a small wooden box from under the bed and carefully set the fragile letters inside. He gently set the lid on top and met Soya's intense gaze with his own. "Let's go bury the past."
Amoral took Soya around the waist and pulled her onto his back. She pulled her wings tight around her body and held tight to his mane. He handed her the box to keep safe and flung open the doors to the balcony. He got a running start and jumped off the balcony. He spread out his wings and allowed the cool, night, air to blow against his bare scales. The pair flew over the towns, the barracks, the library, the mansion. They flew until they were above the thick woods. Amoral flattened his wings to his side and divebombed through the thick foliage. He spread them out a bit and floated to the ground. He leaned to one side to allow an easy exit for Soya. She clutched the box tightly to her chest.
"It's time to let go."
She nodded. She set the box down and used her magic to pull the dirt out of a deep hole. She took a deep breath and dropped the box in. It was silent for a few seconds before the box thumped against the ground. She filled the hole back in and looked up at Amoral.
"I'm proud of you."
Soya stayed silent for a moment. "I don't think it ever would've worked out between us, Alec and I. He was timid and fragile. Even without the Shade influence, he wouldn't have been able to keep up with me. I'm glad I have you. You understand me perfectly."
Amoral smiled. He scooped her up and took to the skies again. He flew back to the castle and set her gently in the bed. "You're the first to accept me wholly, as a Child of the Night, as an alchemist. No one else here is like that. I know they don't believe that I could be right about the Nightstalker, but you do. You are not bigoted or jaded. You are warm and accepting." Soya had started to snore. Amoral let out a burst of joyful laughter. He climbed into the bed and wrapped his wing around her. He looked at her with udder adoration. "This is my wife." He smiled. "This. Is. My. Wife."

30359218.png

30529793.png
pixilart-drawing.png
[center][font=book antiqua][size=5]Caution and Trepidation[/size] Labored breaths. Shaking shoulders. The crisp smell of books. Heavy footfalls on tile floors. Whispered warnings. Six imperials sat in the library. They were sitting in one of the conference rooms, surrounding a table. Moti sat at the head of the table. He was the smallest of the six, but his diplomacy demanded respect. Kisai sat to his right and Amoral to his left. Solis sat next to Kisai and Nesita sat next to Amoral. Sangue sat at the other end of the table, disinterested. "Clearly, we have a problem." Moti's deep voice rang throughout the room. Despite being the size of a pearlcatcher, he was able to capture the attention of everyone. Sangue scoffed. She removed her mask and set it heavily on the table. "Ya think?" Moti rolled his eyes and continued. "We, as imperials, are in trouble. Together, we represent four different flights. This being said, we must be careful what we do. We don't want anyone to think we're conspiring." "What do we care? We'll be dead." Sangue leaned back in her chair and picked food bits from her teeth. "Plus, it's not like we'd kill ourselves to fuse together and become..." She thought for a moment. "Nevermind. I see your point now. Momentary death would not compare to that power." "And that is exactly what you shouldn't say in front of the others. I raised you better." Amoral stared at his adoptive daughter. "You know how the warriors can get. We all know Reiyn, we all know Mei, we all know Jinju. They would not take a threat on our clan lightly." "First off, I'm hardly your daughter. You aban-" "Now isn't the time. Focus." Nesita's eyes became daggers. "We do need to take precautions. First things first, this is the first and only meeting we will have. We can only have two of us together at a time, three if two of them are of the same element." "Exactly." Moti nodded and stared intently into everyone's eyes. "We've got Amoral, of plague, Sangue, of wind, Nesita, Solis, and Kisai, of nature, and me, of arcane. Keep this in mind and be careful who you choose to spend your time with." Sangue put on her mask and stood up. "What, are ya gonna keep tabs on us? Ya gonna try and make sure ya know where we are and who we're with at all times?" Moti slowly nodded. "Actually, that's not bad. I want to know who everyone normally spends time with and where. This will ensure that we don't cross paths." Kisai finally spoke up. "Isn't that a bit extreme? We shouldn't have to avoid each other at all costs." "No, he's right." Solis straightened up in his chair. "I heard the muses talking. They were worried that we might be using some sort of secret messages. This whole emperor thing is really freaking everyone else and we don't need to add anymore confusion and fear." "Okay, so tell me. And everyone listen. We don't need to get our clanmates worried." Moti scanned the room with his eyes. "I'll spend time with my wife at our cottage and at my observatory in the Starfall Isles." "I'll be with [i]my[/i] wife and hanging out with Luceat." Amoral went next. "Speaking of which, Soya will be worried, so I'm gonna head home. I'll need someone to tell me where to avoid." "I need to take care of the creatures, so I'll be in the woods and with Basio." Kisai quickly followed Amoral's comments. "Solis and I will be with the guard, like normal." Nesita's tone was cool and calm. "I'll be working. That's all." Sangue left without another word. "Alright. No one speak of this to the others. I'll leave through the back door, Nesita and Solis will go out the front, but wait for a while, and Kisai will go through the mines." The remaining four imperials gave simple nods to each others and went their directed ways. [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33278141] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/332782/33278141.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34822367] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/348224/34822367.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35332761] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/353328/35332761.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30359218] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/303593/30359218.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31186411] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/311865/31186411.png[/img] [/url]
Caution and Trepidation

Labored breaths. Shaking shoulders. The crisp smell of books. Heavy footfalls on tile floors. Whispered warnings. Six imperials sat in the library. They were sitting in one of the conference rooms, surrounding a table. Moti sat at the head of the table. He was the smallest of the six, but his diplomacy demanded respect. Kisai sat to his right and Amoral to his left. Solis sat next to Kisai and Nesita sat next to Amoral. Sangue sat at the other end of the table, disinterested.
"Clearly, we have a problem." Moti's deep voice rang throughout the room. Despite being the size of a pearlcatcher, he was able to capture the attention of everyone.
Sangue scoffed. She removed her mask and set it heavily on the table. "Ya think?"
Moti rolled his eyes and continued. "We, as imperials, are in trouble. Together, we represent four different flights. This being said, we must be careful what we do. We don't want anyone to think we're conspiring."
"What do we care? We'll be dead." Sangue leaned back in her chair and picked food bits from her teeth. "Plus, it's not like we'd kill ourselves to fuse together and become..." She thought for a moment. "Nevermind. I see your point now. Momentary death would not compare to that power."
"And that is exactly what you shouldn't say in front of the others. I raised you better." Amoral stared at his adoptive daughter. "You know how the warriors can get. We all know Reiyn, we all know Mei, we all know Jinju. They would not take a threat on our clan lightly."
"First off, I'm hardly your daughter. You aban-"
"Now isn't the time. Focus." Nesita's eyes became daggers. "We do need to take precautions. First things first, this is the first and only meeting we will have. We can only have two of us together at a time, three if two of them are of the same element."
"Exactly." Moti nodded and stared intently into everyone's eyes. "We've got Amoral, of plague, Sangue, of wind, Nesita, Solis, and Kisai, of nature, and me, of arcane. Keep this in mind and be careful who you choose to spend your time with."
Sangue put on her mask and stood up. "What, are ya gonna keep tabs on us? Ya gonna try and make sure ya know where we are and who we're with at all times?"
Moti slowly nodded. "Actually, that's not bad. I want to know who everyone normally spends time with and where. This will ensure that we don't cross paths."
Kisai finally spoke up. "Isn't that a bit extreme? We shouldn't have to avoid each other at all costs."
"No, he's right." Solis straightened up in his chair. "I heard the muses talking. They were worried that we might be using some sort of secret messages. This whole emperor thing is really freaking everyone else and we don't need to add anymore confusion and fear."
"Okay, so tell me. And everyone listen. We don't need to get our clanmates worried." Moti scanned the room with his eyes. "I'll spend time with my wife at our cottage and at my observatory in the Starfall Isles."
"I'll be with my wife and hanging out with Luceat." Amoral went next. "Speaking of which, Soya will be worried, so I'm gonna head home. I'll need someone to tell me where to avoid."
"I need to take care of the creatures, so I'll be in the woods and with Basio." Kisai quickly followed Amoral's comments.
"Solis and I will be with the guard, like normal." Nesita's tone was cool and calm.
"I'll be working. That's all." Sangue left without another word.
"Alright. No one speak of this to the others. I'll leave through the back door, Nesita and Solis will go out the front, but wait for a while, and Kisai will go through the mines."
The remaining four imperials gave simple nods to each others and went their directed ways.

33278141.png

34822367.png

35332761.png

30359218.png

31186411.png
pixilart-drawing.png
[center][font=book antiqua][size=5]The Mire Experience[/size] "Jinju, one more time and I slit your throat!" Mei angrily yelled as she tackled a scythe kamaitachi to the ground. She jammed her sharp talons into its chest and raked her claws through its flesh. Jinju scoffed. She dodged under the lethal blow of one sickle kamaitachi while jamming her poison infused claw into another's artery. "It's not my fault that I'm so much better than you in every way." Reiyn shook her head. She spread out her large wings and took a few slashes to the wings before allowing Jinju and Mei to finish off the last kamaitachi. "Would you two stop arguing? This is why I keep getting hurt, because you two can't stop fighting long enough to cover me, like you should." Mei sifted through the corpses and pulled out what useful materials she could. Jinju attempted to help, but Mei smacked her in the face with her wing and finished sifting the corpses. "My job is to deal damage as much as I can. Jinju is supposed to be quick enough to finish off my work, but she's too concerned about keeping herself unscathed." Jinju quickly reached up and yanked off Mei's bowtie. She tied it around her own neck. "I take care of myself. I don't need anyone else holding me back." "Clearly you do. You'd die on your own." Mei put the food in their enchanted container and the other materials in a small pouch. "Once I'm strong enough, I could take you on my own. You're weak and a coward!" Jinju pulled off the tie and threw it on the ground. In one swift motion, Mei picked up the tie and slammed the tiny pearlcatcher into a tree. "Don't call me a coward." "[i]SHUT UP, YOU ARROGANT WORTHLESS-[/i] I'm so sorry! She's right though. You two need to stop. We have work to do. [i]You're acting like children.[/i] We need a solution." Reiyn seemed to be wrestling with her own conscious. "We have this discussion every time Reiyn. We all know that Jinju is not a team player. Outside of battle, she's great, but in combat she's a tyrant and I cannot work with her." Mei released Jinju from the tree and sighed. "I just need to suck it up and deal with her until her training is done." Jinju massaged her sore back. "Then let's work harder. I want to be rid of you as soon as I can. Oh and, you're not bad either, I just can't work with you either." Reiyn nodded. "Once we're done with Jinju, Mal will join us and everyone loves Mal. [i]I don't.[/i] You don't matter. [i]I'm a part of you and you can't-[/i] Okay! Let's keep searching for enemies!" [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34416910] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/344170/34416910.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31453616] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/314537/31453616.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29927946] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/299280/29927946.png[/img] [/url][/columns]
The Mire Experience

"Jinju, one more time and I slit your throat!" Mei angrily yelled as she tackled a scythe kamaitachi to the ground. She jammed her sharp talons into its chest and raked her claws through its flesh.
Jinju scoffed. She dodged under the lethal blow of one sickle kamaitachi while jamming her poison infused claw into another's artery. "It's not my fault that I'm so much better than you in every way."
Reiyn shook her head. She spread out her large wings and took a few slashes to the wings before allowing Jinju and Mei to finish off the last kamaitachi. "Would you two stop arguing? This is why I keep getting hurt, because you two can't stop fighting long enough to cover me, like you should."
Mei sifted through the corpses and pulled out what useful materials she could. Jinju attempted to help, but Mei smacked her in the face with her wing and finished sifting the corpses. "My job is to deal damage as much as I can. Jinju is supposed to be quick enough to finish off my work, but she's too concerned about keeping herself unscathed."
Jinju quickly reached up and yanked off Mei's bowtie. She tied it around her own neck. "I take care of myself. I don't need anyone else holding me back."
"Clearly you do. You'd die on your own." Mei put the food in their enchanted container and the other materials in a small pouch.
"Once I'm strong enough, I could take you on my own. You're weak and a coward!" Jinju pulled off the tie and threw it on the ground.
In one swift motion, Mei picked up the tie and slammed the tiny pearlcatcher into a tree. "Don't call me a coward."
"SHUT UP, YOU ARROGANT WORTHLESS- I'm so sorry! She's right though. You two need to stop. We have work to do. You're acting like children. We need a solution." Reiyn seemed to be wrestling with her own conscious.
"We have this discussion every time Reiyn. We all know that Jinju is not a team player. Outside of battle, she's great, but in combat she's a tyrant and I cannot work with her." Mei released Jinju from the tree and sighed. "I just need to suck it up and deal with her until her training is done."
Jinju massaged her sore back. "Then let's work harder. I want to be rid of you as soon as I can. Oh and, you're not bad either, I just can't work with you either."
Reiyn nodded. "Once we're done with Jinju, Mal will join us and everyone loves Mal. I don't. You don't matter. I'm a part of you and you can't- Okay! Let's keep searching for enemies!"

34416910.png

31453616.png

29927946.png
pixilart-drawing.png
I love this a lot! I think this format is something simple but effective... howd you do it? @Reiyn

also I will read all the lore cuz its awesome
I love this a lot! I think this format is something simple but effective... howd you do it? @Reiyn

also I will read all the lore cuz its awesome
dYJdC6O.png

nyrapp2%2Bcopy.png
[center][font=book antiqua][size=5]New Management[/size] "Listen up, Nesita is gone. I guess the pressure of being an imperial in these times has caused her to flee. Right into the Lightweaver's talons actually. What a fool. What a coward. She was weak. She was not worthy of this title. I am. Listen carefully. I may be much younger than both of you, but I am easily ten times stronger. I can destroy anything I want, whenever I want. If I wanted, I could kill you, cut you down where you stand. You are hardly worthy of my time, right now. I will transform you into killing machines. No one will be able to enter our clan. Am I clear?" "Yes sir!" Solis and Dove responded, standing at perfect attention. "I may be made of glass, but do not think I will break. You will break mentally before I break physically. The guard will no longer be run like some sort of joke. You will be trained to be able to fight in war. You will learn hand to hand combat, weaponry, explosives, magic. I will not be the only you learn from however. You will learn from Reiyn. She is mentally stronger than either of you. With her help, you will be able to withstand torture and not give up sensitive information about our clan. With the help of Mei, you will learn how to use your natural abilities and your opponents natural disabilities to your advantage. With the help of Jinju, you will learn how to use your weaknesses as strengths. You will give them the same respect that you give me. Am I clear?" "Yes sir!" "I expect a great from you. I need warriors. I need fighters. I need ruthless killers. Are you warriors?" "Yes sir!" "Are you fighters?" "Yes sir!" "Are you going to become the ruthless killing machines that this clan requires?" "Yes sir!" "Very well then." Ekane stepped into the light of the dimly lit room. The light reflected off of her glass scales. Black and brown patches of light danced across the room. She was adorned plainly, wearing only simple slippers on her feet, their sole purpose being to avoid stepping on something to crack her glass. Fierce orange eyes scanned the two dragons standing in front of her. "Shatter me, if you can." [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40660322] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/406604/40660322.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33278141] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/332782/33278141.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30567572] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/305676/30567572.png[/img] [/url][/columns]
New Management

"Listen up, Nesita is gone. I guess the pressure of being an imperial in these times has caused her to flee. Right into the Lightweaver's talons actually. What a fool. What a coward. She was weak. She was not worthy of this title. I am. Listen carefully. I may be much younger than both of you, but I am easily ten times stronger. I can destroy anything I want, whenever I want. If I wanted, I could kill you, cut you down where you stand. You are hardly worthy of my time, right now. I will transform you into killing machines. No one will be able to enter our clan. Am I clear?"
"Yes sir!" Solis and Dove responded, standing at perfect attention.
"I may be made of glass, but do not think I will break. You will break mentally before I break physically. The guard will no longer be run like some sort of joke. You will be trained to be able to fight in war. You will learn hand to hand combat, weaponry, explosives, magic. I will not be the only you learn from however. You will learn from Reiyn. She is mentally stronger than either of you. With her help, you will be able to withstand torture and not give up sensitive information about our clan. With the help of Mei, you will learn how to use your natural abilities and your opponents natural disabilities to your advantage. With the help of Jinju, you will learn how to use your weaknesses as strengths. You will give them the same respect that you give me. Am I clear?"
"Yes sir!"
"I expect a great from you. I need warriors. I need fighters. I need ruthless killers. Are you warriors?"
"Yes sir!"
"Are you fighters?"
"Yes sir!"
"Are you going to become the ruthless killing machines that this clan requires?"
"Yes sir!"
"Very well then." Ekane stepped into the light of the dimly lit room. The light reflected off of her glass scales. Black and brown patches of light danced across the room. She was adorned plainly, wearing only simple slippers on her feet, their sole purpose being to avoid stepping on something to crack her glass. Fierce orange eyes scanned the two dragons standing in front of her. "Shatter me, if you can."

40660322.png

33278141.png

30567572.png
pixilart-drawing.png
[center][font=book antiqua][size=5]Unattached[/size] "Snake! Snake! Please come back!" Reiyn flapped her wings as hard as she could, trying to catch up with her daughter. "Snake, please! Let's talk! I didn't mean to hurt you! I wasn't me!" Snake stopped in her tracks and whipped around to face her mother. Bloody gashes tore across her face, neck, and chest. They disfigured her face, making her barely recognizable as a dragon, let alone a guardian. "I don't care if it wasn't you," she hissed. "If you can't control yourself, if you can't handle the demons in your head, then what makes you think that your are worthy to lead this clan? You are not strong enough." Snake was shaking with anger. Her clenched claws were digging into her palms, drawing blood. Reiyn recoiled from Snake as though she was hit with a physical blow. She hung her head. "You're right. I'm not fit to lead. I know my weakness. I know all that. I just... I want you to stay. Snake, all my other children, your siblings, I never felt a connection to them. I always assumed they would immediately go to fight for the Lightweaver, but you're different. I could never let you leave." Snake scoffed. "Oh yeah, my 'siblings', you mean the ones you had when you were unfaithful to father? And the Lightweaver? Really? You still think that she cares if you send her your children? She doesn't care about you, about any of us." "Snake, please don't talk like-" "I don't care. Stop following me. I'm leaving, whether you like it or not." Snake turned her back and dove into the woods, letting the branches snap against her scales and dig further into the fresh wounds. She landed gently on the ground and started to run, she had to get as far away from her mother as she could. Blood started to drip into Snake's eyes, obstructing her vision. She ran right into something big, a tree, perhaps? She wiped the blood from her eyes and looked at what she had run into. Amoral stood in front of her, smiling. "I knew I would run into you." A glint appeared in Amoral's eyes. "The Nightstalker told me." He rummaged through his satchel and pulled out a large black book, with silver embossed words. "I think you'll find this to be a good read. Come find me when you finish. Either you will give me my book back, or you'll let me give you the mark." With that, he shouldered past Snake and continued on through the woods. Snake stared at the book in her talons. Drops of blood splattered onto the cover. It was no doubt the book of the Nightstalker. She tucked it into the folds of her robes and continued deeper into the woods. Perhaps this was her first step in breaking away from her mother. She never believed that the gods paid them any attention anyway. As she walked, she mused more ways to break away. She smiled as she envisioned using magic to transform herself into something other than a guardian. A tundra maybe. [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29927946] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/299280/29927946.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42090856] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/420909/42090856.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30359218] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/303593/30359218.png[/img][/url][/columns]
Unattached

"Snake! Snake! Please come back!" Reiyn flapped her wings as hard as she could, trying to catch up with her daughter. "Snake, please! Let's talk! I didn't mean to hurt you! I wasn't me!"
Snake stopped in her tracks and whipped around to face her mother. Bloody gashes tore across her face, neck, and chest. They disfigured her face, making her barely recognizable as a dragon, let alone a guardian. "I don't care if it wasn't you," she hissed. "If you can't control yourself, if you can't handle the demons in your head, then what makes you think that your are worthy to lead this clan? You are not strong enough." Snake was shaking with anger. Her clenched claws were digging into her palms, drawing blood.
Reiyn recoiled from Snake as though she was hit with a physical blow. She hung her head. "You're right. I'm not fit to lead. I know my weakness. I know all that. I just... I want you to stay. Snake, all my other children, your siblings, I never felt a connection to them. I always assumed they would immediately go to fight for the Lightweaver, but you're different. I could never let you leave."
Snake scoffed. "Oh yeah, my 'siblings', you mean the ones you had when you were unfaithful to father? And the Lightweaver? Really? You still think that she cares if you send her your children? She doesn't care about you, about any of us."
"Snake, please don't talk like-"
"I don't care. Stop following me. I'm leaving, whether you like it or not." Snake turned her back and dove into the woods, letting the branches snap against her scales and dig further into the fresh wounds. She landed gently on the ground and started to run, she had to get as far away from her mother as she could.
Blood started to drip into Snake's eyes, obstructing her vision. She ran right into something big, a tree, perhaps? She wiped the blood from her eyes and looked at what she had run into. Amoral stood in front of her, smiling.
"I knew I would run into you." A glint appeared in Amoral's eyes. "The Nightstalker told me." He rummaged through his satchel and pulled out a large black book, with silver embossed words. "I think you'll find this to be a good read. Come find me when you finish. Either you will give me my book back, or you'll let me give you the mark." With that, he shouldered past Snake and continued on through the woods.
Snake stared at the book in her talons. Drops of blood splattered onto the cover. It was no doubt the book of the Nightstalker. She tucked it into the folds of her robes and continued deeper into the woods. Perhaps this was her first step in breaking away from her mother. She never believed that the gods paid them any attention anyway. As she walked, she mused more ways to break away. She smiled as she envisioned using magic to transform herself into something other than a guardian. A tundra maybe.

29927946.png

42090856.png

30359218.png
pixilart-drawing.png
[center][font=book antiqua][size=5]Caves[/size] "Hey Aevitas!" Quaeinfernum rounded the corner of one of the tunnels. He peered into Aevitasumbra's room and the hub room. "Aevitas?" He whispered as he tiptoed into the sleeping quarters and past the large emperor eye lazily watching him go by. He shifted the small skydancer that he had been carrying so he was directly between Quae's wings, without a chance of him falling off. Quae walked down one of the long tunnels, towards the exit which lead into the Fallen's food stores. Aevitas sat at the bottom of the ladder, looking up, clearly worried. She turned her head slightly and smiled at the sight of Quae. "What's up? Who's that?" She stared down at the purple and yellow boy curled up between Quae's shoulder blades. "I found him. He has some sort of wild connection with the gods. When I found him, it was like looking at a tapestry. He looked so peaceful, bathing in sunlight, surrounded by butterflies." Quae dropped his shoulder and let the small hatchling slide onto the floor, allowing him to rest his head on Quae's paw. "So... you took him? Didn't you think that maybe he has parents? You can't steal children, idiot." Aevitas glanced up at the entrance again and sighed. "Lutum is taking so long. He always takes so long to get food." "Alright, first, Lutum always takes a while. He fights with Reiyn and Atalanta and Snake and pretty much anyone else who is in the area. You know how he is. Second, I took him because he was injured. I saw some other dragons walking away and they looked like his parents. He was abandoned, I'm sure of it. He was unwanted and he's mine now." Quae looked down at the hatchling with a loving look and ran his talons through his soft yellow feather mane. Purple bruises ran up and down length of his orange and yellow markings, cuts covered his legs and face, and yet, he slept peacefully, curled into Quae's arm. "He told me that his name is Veterisdeus." The hatch above Aevitas opened and Lutum climbed down the ladder. Fresh wounds covered his wings and forearms and a hefty bag of food dangled over his shoulder. "I got the food for the week." He announced. He gaze shifted between Aevitas, Quae, and Veterisdeus. "So we got a new one. Mum, why do you let Quae bring home strays? Is he your favorite?" Aevitas rolled her eyes at Lutum. "Take the food to the pantry and make sure you store things properly. If something goes bad, you'll stink up the entire system." Lutum shook his head and started towards the pantry. "It's obvious which of us you like most, Mum. He's the only one who uses your name. You know, an outsider might think that you two are mates." Quae snorted. "Go take care of the food Lutum." He glanced down at Deus. Red flushed on his face. "Mates..." He mumbled. He scooped up the hatchling and cradled him to his chest. "I'm gonna go tend to his wounds. I don't want him to get any infections." Before Aevitas could make any snide remarks, Quae walked briskly down the tunnel. "Mom!" Novusgenus pushed off the ground and jumped over Quae, causing a small stream of curse words. "Mom!" Novus slid across the floor and stopped in front of Aevitas. "Mom! There's a monster in the sleeping cave!" Aevitas laughed. She tucked Novus under her wing and pulled him towards the sleeping cave. "Oh baby boy, I'll keep you safe." [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2126583] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/21266/2126583.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43522249] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/435223/43522249.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43960723] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/439608/43960723.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44054883] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/440549/44054883.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44171243] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/441713/44171243.png[/img][/url][/columns]
Caves

"Hey Aevitas!" Quaeinfernum rounded the corner of one of the tunnels. He peered into Aevitasumbra's room and the hub room. "Aevitas?" He whispered as he tiptoed into the sleeping quarters and past the large emperor eye lazily watching him go by. He shifted the small skydancer that he had been carrying so he was directly between Quae's wings, without a chance of him falling off. Quae walked down one of the long tunnels, towards the exit which lead into the Fallen's food stores.
Aevitas sat at the bottom of the ladder, looking up, clearly worried. She turned her head slightly and smiled at the sight of Quae. "What's up? Who's that?" She stared down at the purple and yellow boy curled up between Quae's shoulder blades.
"I found him. He has some sort of wild connection with the gods. When I found him, it was like looking at a tapestry. He looked so peaceful, bathing in sunlight, surrounded by butterflies." Quae dropped his shoulder and let the small hatchling slide onto the floor, allowing him to rest his head on Quae's paw.
"So... you took him? Didn't you think that maybe he has parents? You can't steal children, idiot." Aevitas glanced up at the entrance again and sighed. "Lutum is taking so long. He always takes so long to get food."
"Alright, first, Lutum always takes a while. He fights with Reiyn and Atalanta and Snake and pretty much anyone else who is in the area. You know how he is. Second, I took him because he was injured. I saw some other dragons walking away and they looked like his parents. He was abandoned, I'm sure of it. He was unwanted and he's mine now." Quae looked down at the hatchling with a loving look and ran his talons through his soft yellow feather mane. Purple bruises ran up and down length of his orange and yellow markings, cuts covered his legs and face, and yet, he slept peacefully, curled into Quae's arm. "He told me that his name is Veterisdeus."
The hatch above Aevitas opened and Lutum climbed down the ladder. Fresh wounds covered his wings and forearms and a hefty bag of food dangled over his shoulder. "I got the food for the week." He announced. He gaze shifted between Aevitas, Quae, and Veterisdeus. "So we got a new one. Mum, why do you let Quae bring home strays? Is he your favorite?"
Aevitas rolled her eyes at Lutum. "Take the food to the pantry and make sure you store things properly. If something goes bad, you'll stink up the entire system."
Lutum shook his head and started towards the pantry. "It's obvious which of us you like most, Mum. He's the only one who uses your name. You know, an outsider might think that you two are mates."
Quae snorted. "Go take care of the food Lutum." He glanced down at Deus. Red flushed on his face. "Mates..." He mumbled. He scooped up the hatchling and cradled him to his chest. "I'm gonna go tend to his wounds. I don't want him to get any infections." Before Aevitas could make any snide remarks, Quae walked briskly down the tunnel.
"Mom!" Novusgenus pushed off the ground and jumped over Quae, causing a small stream of curse words. "Mom!" Novus slid across the floor and stopped in front of Aevitas. "Mom! There's a monster in the sleeping cave!"
Aevitas laughed. She tucked Novus under her wing and pulled him towards the sleeping cave. "Oh baby boy, I'll keep you safe."

2126583.png

43522249.png

43960723.png

44054883.png

44171243.png
pixilart-drawing.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7