Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Calling all Artists: Sprite Competition
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
Bump
Bump
r0OxE9M.gif heyZH2H.pngEiPW4qT.png
Wn6vGC1.pnggIjq5Q3.png
bYSdYyu.pngeswSnrS.png
voGwcOT.gif
Bump
Bump
Wn6vGC1.pnggIjq5Q3.png
bYSdYyu.pngeswSnrS.png
voGwcOT.gif
bump!
bump!
Bump
Bump
Wn6vGC1.pnggIjq5Q3.png
bYSdYyu.pngeswSnrS.png
voGwcOT.gif
So, correct me if I understood something wrong, there's actually no sprite in this "Sprite Competition" at this point of being?

If I decided to participate, at this point I'd in fact be drawing your dergs for you for pretty much free with a chance of getting a 30kt worth tincture or something like that?
So, correct me if I understood something wrong, there's actually no sprite in this "Sprite Competition" at this point of being?

If I decided to participate, at this point I'd in fact be drawing your dergs for you for pretty much free with a chance of getting a 30kt worth tincture or something like that?
dGVSNyM.png
@Ursaw
At this point, there is no sprite at this competition yet, but the main reason why I'm making it an upgradable is because if only a few people join, there is no/little competition, people participating might put in less effort just because they know they will, or most likely win the sprite/other upgradables anyway, and feel like there is no point in trying.

I do want to give out the upgradables in this competition, but I don't want effortless work in return, because my friend and I actually spent months preparing for this event, and this includes writing the lores, composing the commissions, and saving enough treasure and gems to get the prizes.

However, if 50 participants seem like a target that is pretty much impossible to reach, I can consider lowering the amount of participants total to unlock the upgradables. This includes the flowerfalls and eliminates.

PS: Sorry if I was misleading, but for the tinctures part, I've giving away 2 for that particular prize. All starter prizes should be worth about 60kt or 60 gems.
@Ursaw
At this point, there is no sprite at this competition yet, but the main reason why I'm making it an upgradable is because if only a few people join, there is no/little competition, people participating might put in less effort just because they know they will, or most likely win the sprite/other upgradables anyway, and feel like there is no point in trying.

I do want to give out the upgradables in this competition, but I don't want effortless work in return, because my friend and I actually spent months preparing for this event, and this includes writing the lores, composing the commissions, and saving enough treasure and gems to get the prizes.

However, if 50 participants seem like a target that is pretty much impossible to reach, I can consider lowering the amount of participants total to unlock the upgradables. This includes the flowerfalls and eliminates.

PS: Sorry if I was misleading, but for the tinctures part, I've giving away 2 for that particular prize. All starter prizes should be worth about 60kt or 60 gems.
Wn6vGC1.pnggIjq5Q3.png
bYSdYyu.pngeswSnrS.png
voGwcOT.gif
Bump
Bump
Wn6vGC1.pnggIjq5Q3.png
bYSdYyu.pngeswSnrS.png
voGwcOT.gif
Bump
Bump
Wn6vGC1.pnggIjq5Q3.png
bYSdYyu.pngeswSnrS.png
voGwcOT.gif
Bump
Bump
Wn6vGC1.pnggIjq5Q3.png
bYSdYyu.pngeswSnrS.png
voGwcOT.gif
@TwistieSoprano I'm kinda with Ursaw on this one. So, as I understand it, if there are less than 25 participants, there is a chance that only 2 people will get a consolation prize worth 60kt each? I don't know how you value art, but this is simply too low for people to be interesting in making nice art for you. You would generally pay 60kt for someone to draw a good sketched headshot of a dragon, probably double or more for a lined and fully coloured/shaded headshot, but this is like asking for 20 more complex drawings for the same price, right? It would be nice if each participant could be guaranteed a prize worth X amount based on effort.

This is probably the reason why almost no one has signed up, because art isn't this cheap, or this easy to make. If this sounds too harsh just let me know and I'll delete this comment. These are just my honest feelings.
@TwistieSoprano I'm kinda with Ursaw on this one. So, as I understand it, if there are less than 25 participants, there is a chance that only 2 people will get a consolation prize worth 60kt each? I don't know how you value art, but this is simply too low for people to be interesting in making nice art for you. You would generally pay 60kt for someone to draw a good sketched headshot of a dragon, probably double or more for a lined and fully coloured/shaded headshot, but this is like asking for 20 more complex drawings for the same price, right? It would be nice if each participant could be guaranteed a prize worth X amount based on effort.

This is probably the reason why almost no one has signed up, because art isn't this cheap, or this easy to make. If this sounds too harsh just let me know and I'll delete this comment. These are just my honest feelings.
arkantos_signature_by_sludgy_by_sludgy-dben8lb.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12