Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of June!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 43
@fitz

That sounds like a great story ^-^ You should definitely get to finishing it! Any idea when you'll get back to working on it?

They're some interesting bios you have there. I especially like the one for the boy. Keep up the good work :D
@fitz

That sounds like a great story ^-^ You should definitely get to finishing it! Any idea when you'll get back to working on it?

They're some interesting bios you have there. I especially like the one for the boy. Keep up the good work :D
DmRdZYl.png
@Karika thank you!! not sure, I'm considering NaNoWriMo again but who knows? I'm just trying to get back in the swing again for writing ^^; so it may be a bit unfortunately. I may post some of the short pieces from the story here later maybe?

Thank you so much! Yeah lol I accidentally went really long on his XD
@Karika thank you!! not sure, I'm considering NaNoWriMo again but who knows? I'm just trying to get back in the swing again for writing ^^; so it may be a bit unfortunately. I may post some of the short pieces from the story here later maybe?

Thank you so much! Yeah lol I accidentally went really long on his XD
J7D1quC.png
lUxoo8T.png
rix3ppo.png
nWiQNX9.png
YMPbu9R.png
.............................................____________________
z3QG5P2.gif
@fitz
Well, don't procrastinate too long, or you might find yourself not ever getting back to it! haha. Camp NaNoWriMo is next month *winks* but there's always the actual NaNo in November too. If you ever need some extra encouragement, I'm always around to cheer you on. The world needs more books :)
@fitz
Well, don't procrastinate too long, or you might find yourself not ever getting back to it! haha. Camp NaNoWriMo is next month *winks* but there's always the actual NaNo in November too. If you ever need some extra encouragement, I'm always around to cheer you on. The world needs more books :)
DmRdZYl.png
@Karika aww thank you! And that's very true! I might do camp nano again, I used camp last time to plan/outline/do short tidbits + work on a comic for it (one day I'll finish the comic too lol, then the illustrations can go in the book!) so I might do the same but actually finish that part to prepare for actual nano!

I was considering doing a play too ;) no idea what it would be about but I just really loved writing plays in high school (I was in theatre)

What about you, any Nano plans?
@Karika aww thank you! And that's very true! I might do camp nano again, I used camp last time to plan/outline/do short tidbits + work on a comic for it (one day I'll finish the comic too lol, then the illustrations can go in the book!) so I might do the same but actually finish that part to prepare for actual nano!

I was considering doing a play too ;) no idea what it would be about but I just really loved writing plays in high school (I was in theatre)

What about you, any Nano plans?
J7D1quC.png
lUxoo8T.png
rix3ppo.png
nWiQNX9.png
YMPbu9R.png
z3QG5P2.gif
@fitz
You miss-pinged me :P But I'm subbed to the thread so it's all good.

You should do camp! The sooner you get it done, the better :D
And, oh? I've never written a play myself, but I can see the potential in one. Though, I prefer musicals. "Prefer" as in, they're one of my favourite things ever. Plays just seem to be lacking without the music, in my opinion haha. But, once you finish your story you should definitely start brainstorming ideas for a play if that's what you want to do!

Me? Mm yeah, I'm going to be using this camp as my deadline to finish off this novel edit I'm working on. 'Insanity Stains Red' was my first NaNo project back in 2012 and I've been rewriting, refining and editing it ever since. This is the final edit, and then once it's done I'm going to be looking at publishing options :)
@fitz
You miss-pinged me :P But I'm subbed to the thread so it's all good.

You should do camp! The sooner you get it done, the better :D
And, oh? I've never written a play myself, but I can see the potential in one. Though, I prefer musicals. "Prefer" as in, they're one of my favourite things ever. Plays just seem to be lacking without the music, in my opinion haha. But, once you finish your story you should definitely start brainstorming ideas for a play if that's what you want to do!

Me? Mm yeah, I'm going to be using this camp as my deadline to finish off this novel edit I'm working on. 'Insanity Stains Red' was my first NaNo project back in 2012 and I've been rewriting, refining and editing it ever since. This is the final edit, and then once it's done I'm going to be looking at publishing options :)
DmRdZYl.png
Woops sorry! I'm subbed now too, so there shouldn't be a problem ^^; I love musicals but I really like plays too, especially abstract stuff (I did a fun thing in high school where it was kinda like duo monologues with lights representing different characters!) I'll try but that's scary for me, and I'm pretty busy as is when I'm working lol! I'll try to do something for sure.

Wow!!! Good luck and congrats, you've come so far!!! What's it about?
Woops sorry! I'm subbed now too, so there shouldn't be a problem ^^; I love musicals but I really like plays too, especially abstract stuff (I did a fun thing in high school where it was kinda like duo monologues with lights representing different characters!) I'll try but that's scary for me, and I'm pretty busy as is when I'm working lol! I'll try to do something for sure.

Wow!!! Good luck and congrats, you've come so far!!! What's it about?
J7D1quC.png
lUxoo8T.png
rix3ppo.png
nWiQNX9.png
YMPbu9R.png
z3QG5P2.gif
fitz - (probably easier to still mention names so there's no confusion who you're talking to at least haha)

Well, I'm sure you'll manage to get it done still! *waves pompoms for you*

Thanks. Uh. It's a dark story. I call it horror but I don't know if it actually fits into that genre. It's about a girl who was raised in a cult environment, one that believes that women are basically slaves for men to be used however they want. The girl is insane and hears voices in her head, and she meets a girl who was kidnapped and brought to the cult, and that girl teaches the MC that there's more to life than what she knows. So yeah, the MC decides to shake things up a bit.

It's actually a trilogy, and I have a first draft of book 2, and about 10k words of book 3 written, but my focus is getting book 1 done.

I normally write fantasy, so this trilogy is actually just all my bottled up rage turned into a story ;)
fitz - (probably easier to still mention names so there's no confusion who you're talking to at least haha)

Well, I'm sure you'll manage to get it done still! *waves pompoms for you*

Thanks. Uh. It's a dark story. I call it horror but I don't know if it actually fits into that genre. It's about a girl who was raised in a cult environment, one that believes that women are basically slaves for men to be used however they want. The girl is insane and hears voices in her head, and she meets a girl who was kidnapped and brought to the cult, and that girl teaches the MC that there's more to life than what she knows. So yeah, the MC decides to shake things up a bit.

It's actually a trilogy, and I have a first draft of book 2, and about 10k words of book 3 written, but my focus is getting book 1 done.

I normally write fantasy, so this trilogy is actually just all my bottled up rage turned into a story ;)
DmRdZYl.png
I successfully wrote a little something today :) I'm not sure how I feel about it, but it's a start.
I successfully wrote a little something today :) I'm not sure how I feel about it, but it's a start.
Lotto.gif
Well, I may have found the thing to get out of the Writer's Block...for now. I'd been scavenging for an Earth egg for some time, and finally found one the other day. Originally, it hatched this little guy... [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=42&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=1&gender=0&tert=147&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=8&auth=ff011835eab2d90374eb35a99918e8cca27f54f2&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Needless to say, I wasn't impressed with the color combo, so I decided to gamble with a scatterscroll. The result was a color combo that was much more fitting for his element, and now I have a new Earth warrior just leaving Dragonhome to begin his Search. I named him Tarak. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33289360][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332894/33289360_350.png[/img][/url] He just needs Opal for his tert gene, and then he'll be complete. =)
Well, I may have found the thing to get out of the Writer's Block...for now. I'd been scavenging for an Earth egg for some time, and finally found one the other day. Originally, it hatched this little guy...

dragon?age=0&body=42&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=1&gender=0&tert=147&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=8&auth=ff011835eab2d90374eb35a99918e8cca27f54f2&dummyext=prev.png

Needless to say, I wasn't impressed with the color combo, so I decided to gamble with a scatterscroll. The result was a color combo that was much more fitting for his element, and now I have a new Earth warrior just leaving Dragonhome to begin his Search. I named him Tarak.

33289360_350.png

He just needs Opal for his tert gene, and then he'll be complete. =)
I write mostly fantasy short stories, usually about humans with powers or dragons. (I'm bad at actually finishing them though XD) I'll read almost anything I can get my hands on, but I like fantasy with dragons the most. :)
I write mostly fantasy short stories, usually about humans with powers or dragons. (I'm bad at actually finishing them though XD) I'll read almost anything I can get my hands on, but I like fantasy with dragons the most. :)
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 43