Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [TC] Mother's Tales Writing Contest
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
This seems fun! >:0 I'm pinging myself for later @Ranmaru
This seems fun! >:0 I'm pinging myself for later @Ranmaru

I am trapped as the strong wind flies
And when the stars won't shine for us
Then what’s to gain?
_ qIoInxi.png
Username: casuallySleepy
Prompt: Afterlife
Title: Pranks

Carina is one of the clan's well known priestess of sorts for her abilities as a channeler, much like her parents, but unless the "supernatural" concerns the clan greatly, she isn't needed for much in the relatively small clan. So when Kiri approached her, asking her about the afterlife, it caught her incredibly off guard and left her quite curious.

"The afterlife?" She looked at Kiri, baffled. "What made you curious about this?"

The pastel nocturne closed her eyes, deep in thought. Kiri said, "Well...I think I kind of mixed up exaltees and dead dragons about their jobs, if you get what I'm saying, and this question just popped up, I guess." She explained, laughing lightly. "So, what would happen to dragons who died?"

"Well, we'll see..." With extreme familiarity, she focused on the energy outside of herself. Sparing Kiri from the details, what she'd gotten was...eccentric, at best. A weird form of shadow magic seems to diffused everywhere in the air.

Still, Carina answered. "Uh, what I've got is...not what you're expecting?" Kiri raised her horn-eyebrow. "What?" Is all the Nocturne gave, the Skydancer quickly explained."Well, from what I've got is that dragons would go to serve the deity they are loyal to." Now it's the latter part that gets questionably...questionable. For a long while in her life, she hadn't felt this kind of major headache from skepticism at herself, until now. "Okay so don't be surprised but." She inhaled, while Kiri eyed the Skydancer with similar perplexity.

Welp, here goes nothing. Goodbye personal reputation. "You have to teach deities how to prank others in new ways. Then you have to get approval from elemental spites for festival currency or prank privileges, That's why Trickmurk - uh moving on. Dominance are there for maximum prank productivity and rights. I - uh - to put it simply, make as much profit as possible. And uh to...play pranks as much as possible?" Kiri's horns-eyebrows shot up in the air and she blinked incredulously in response. "What?"

Carina, flustered, tried to justify herself, because good Windsinger please don't tell her whole existence revolved around pranks. "Take this with a grain of salt though! I feel weird shadow magic circling me the whole time and I can barely concentrate so - " Suddenly the nocturne burst out laughing. The twinkle in her eyes was fond. Though that did nothing to console Carina.

After ceasing to laugh, Kiri elaborated. "I just put two and two together. Shadow magic and 'pranks' really rings a bell - Trickmurk magic! As expected from the Shadowbinder." For comedic purposes, she looked up to the sky and yelled. "Good one, Shadowbinder!" Carina watched as the gears turned in her head, until she let out a laugh herself. "Well, guess that question is on hold for now. It appears to me that the Shadowbinder wishes for us to enjoy her festival first. Then so be it."

Prompt: Afterlife
Title: Pranks

Carina is one of the clan's well known priestess of sorts for her abilities as a channeler, much like her parents, but unless the "supernatural" concerns the clan greatly, she isn't needed for much in the relatively small clan. So when Kiri approached her, asking her about the afterlife, it caught her incredibly off guard and left her quite curious.

"The afterlife?" She looked at Kiri, baffled. "What made you curious about this?"

The pastel nocturne closed her eyes, deep in thought. Kiri said, "Well...I think I kind of mixed up exaltees and dead dragons about their jobs, if you get what I'm saying, and this question just popped up, I guess." She explained, laughing lightly. "So, what would happen to dragons who died?"

"Well, we'll see..." With extreme familiarity, she focused on the energy outside of herself. Sparing Kiri from the details, what she'd gotten was...eccentric, at best. A weird form of shadow magic seems to diffused everywhere in the air.

Still, Carina answered. "Uh, what I've got is...not what you're expecting?" Kiri raised her horn-eyebrow. "What?" Is all the Nocturne gave, the Skydancer quickly explained."Well, from what I've got is that dragons would go to serve the deity they are loyal to." Now it's the latter part that gets questionably...questionable. For a long while in her life, she hadn't felt this kind of major headache from skepticism at herself, until now. "Okay so don't be surprised but." She inhaled, while Kiri eyed the Skydancer with similar perplexity.

Welp, here goes nothing. Goodbye personal reputation. "You have to teach deities how to prank others in new ways. Then you have to get approval from elemental spites for festival currency or prank privileges, That's why Trickmurk - uh moving on. Dominance are there for maximum prank productivity and rights. I - uh - to put it simply, make as much profit as possible. And uh to...play pranks as much as possible?" Kiri's horns-eyebrows shot up in the air and she blinked incredulously in response. "What?"

Carina, flustered, tried to justify herself, because good Windsinger please don't tell her whole existence revolved around pranks. "Take this with a grain of salt though! I feel weird shadow magic circling me the whole time and I can barely concentrate so - " Suddenly the nocturne burst out laughing. The twinkle in her eyes was fond. Though that did nothing to console Carina.

After ceasing to laugh, Kiri elaborated. "I just put two and two together. Shadow magic and 'pranks' really rings a bell - Trickmurk magic! As expected from the Shadowbinder." For comedic purposes, she looked up to the sky and yelled. "Good one, Shadowbinder!" Carina watched as the gears turned in her head, until she let out a laugh herself. "Well, guess that question is on hold for now. It appears to me that the Shadowbinder wishes for us to enjoy her festival first. Then so be it."

@casuallySleepy recorded :)
@casuallySleepy recorded :)
d642b611-ef6c-11e5-866b-2d9b8664c5dc.gif • Every dragon without familiar is up for sale, please don't pick them in forum games!
• Open for Letters from Hatchlings
Clan lore
Prompt: Investigating a Haunted House
Title: Magic Cards

note: This is a human Au for it's a haunted house I'm not doing dregs exploring haunted lairs with their magics exploding at their disposal I want them to be vulnerable and scream

The house in front of them loomed ominously above their heads. Luft huffed, assessing the house's internal structure as they approached the building. Beside him, Sacred maintain an indifferent expression. God knows she's probably thinking how to toughen them up. Apparently he's still bitter how she'd beaten him months ago. Pricror and Overcast was talking quietly to each other, his lighthearted friend and quiet-slash-dark magic enthusiast girlfriend respectively. Both seemed wary enough. He was glad they didn't bring someone like Turi or Maelstrale with them - that would be the definition of "do more harm than good" at its finest.

When the group reached the entrance of the supposedly haunted house, Sacred whirled back to them, briefing one last time on what they were meant to do here. Her maroon hair making her more menacing in the dim light. "We will get in, investigate any paranormal activities, then get out. No loitering." Pricror's face fell. "No taking things back home, no matter the reasons. " Overcast's face fell. "And no aggravating any spirits if we found one - or namely, don't pick fights with them. A contest of ego is consider an offensive move." Now it's his turn for his face to fell. "Understand?" Grumbling, he and the rest made affirmative, unhappy noises. Sacred then turned back, and pushed the unlocked weathered mahogany doors.

And oh god it smells so bad. Like rotten flesh.

Sacred and Overcast seemed to have the same thought as him as one went into an offensive stance while the other pulled out a...pouch of some sorts? Overcast then turned and sprinkled the contents of said pouch on all four of them. It seems like a mixture of herbs and salt. "For protection." She replied vaguely, entering the hallway that the smell originated from. Sacred then told them to split up, do what they need to, then get the hell out and meet others in this same hallway - or in the case of an emergency, outside.

Luft wandered around the left wing of the house borderline mansion on his own. Poltergeist doesn't really spook him anymore after countless encounters with it, he was interested in some real ghosts appearing, not an aftermath of a ghost's tantrum. He did get what he wanted, but it seems as if they're reluctant on approaching him. He himself is not a medium or sorcerer of some kind, so he figured they're better off than trying to communicate with him and vice versa.

Nothing relatively scary happened, and he was partly glad for that. Until he stumbled upon a living room that practically radiated the scent he had long grown accustomed to. He gagged by reflex and covered his face with his hand. When his eyes landed on the cause of the smell, chills ran down his spine and it was the first time since arriving here that he really was terrified. He may had screamed, even.

In front of him, was a man in various states of decomposition. Maggots seemed to have made themselves comfy in the man's throat. While his abdomen bloated with even more of the horrible smell. His limbs were nothing but bones, decorated with spider webs and dust. On his skeletal hand, lays a deck of cards with strange purple breezes circling about. The deck was calling to him. In his head. Luft panicked and he subconsciously inched forward, his hands facing itself upwards. Now the panic was full blown as he tried to wake himself up from the trance. Gracefully, the deck of cards levitate, and one by one they glided and stacked on his palm, until the deck belongs to him, free of any stain or spider webs it exhibited before, and his trance was broken.

He dizzily ran out of the room as fast as he could, dared not to spare the corpse behind him another glance. When he reached the hallway, there was no one. An emergency for all of the others as well? That didn't sit right with him as he ran out into the clearing, to see Overcast instantly lunging at him, pulling him into a hug.

"W-what happened?" He sputtered, looking at Overcast. Her eyes were dark. "We all experienced something that I can't talk about now. And trust me, I know what we're getting ourselves into, but I didn't expect this much hostility." Her eyes made contact with the deck of cards in my hands, and worry clouded her eyes, but relief was there as well for some reason. "Well, maybe not all of us. Seems like someone has been expecting you."

Sacred silently studied him, before she started walking back. Pricror smiled, his face pale. "I don't think I was to try some stunt like this again in my life. You were in there for an eternity, we were really scared you were taken. Glad you're okay." Overcast agreed as she ushered both him and Pricror away from the house. From his peripheral, he noticed Overcast dropping a small piece of paper and salt on the ground. Momentarily, the cards in his hands seemed to glow in defiance, before returning to their normal state.

Luft can't really say that experience scare him to his core, but he can say for sure that the corpse did later when they recounted their experiences. And the cards, that too.

I feel like I'm getting cramps Orz I won't procrastinate anymore

Prompt: Investigating a Haunted House
Title: Magic Cards

note: This is a human Au for it's a haunted house I'm not doing dregs exploring haunted lairs with their magics exploding at their disposal I want them to be vulnerable and scream

The house in front of them loomed ominously above their heads. Luft huffed, assessing the house's internal structure as they approached the building. Beside him, Sacred maintain an indifferent expression. God knows she's probably thinking how to toughen them up. Apparently he's still bitter how she'd beaten him months ago. Pricror and Overcast was talking quietly to each other, his lighthearted friend and quiet-slash-dark magic enthusiast girlfriend respectively. Both seemed wary enough. He was glad they didn't bring someone like Turi or Maelstrale with them - that would be the definition of "do more harm than good" at its finest.

When the group reached the entrance of the supposedly haunted house, Sacred whirled back to them, briefing one last time on what they were meant to do here. Her maroon hair making her more menacing in the dim light. "We will get in, investigate any paranormal activities, then get out. No loitering." Pricror's face fell. "No taking things back home, no matter the reasons. " Overcast's face fell. "And no aggravating any spirits if we found one - or namely, don't pick fights with them. A contest of ego is consider an offensive move." Now it's his turn for his face to fell. "Understand?" Grumbling, he and the rest made affirmative, unhappy noises. Sacred then turned back, and pushed the unlocked weathered mahogany doors.

And oh god it smells so bad. Like rotten flesh.

Sacred and Overcast seemed to have the same thought as him as one went into an offensive stance while the other pulled out a...pouch of some sorts? Overcast then turned and sprinkled the contents of said pouch on all four of them. It seems like a mixture of herbs and salt. "For protection." She replied vaguely, entering the hallway that the smell originated from. Sacred then told them to split up, do what they need to, then get the hell out and meet others in this same hallway - or in the case of an emergency, outside.

Luft wandered around the left wing of the house borderline mansion on his own. Poltergeist doesn't really spook him anymore after countless encounters with it, he was interested in some real ghosts appearing, not an aftermath of a ghost's tantrum. He did get what he wanted, but it seems as if they're reluctant on approaching him. He himself is not a medium or sorcerer of some kind, so he figured they're better off than trying to communicate with him and vice versa.

Nothing relatively scary happened, and he was partly glad for that. Until he stumbled upon a living room that practically radiated the scent he had long grown accustomed to. He gagged by reflex and covered his face with his hand. When his eyes landed on the cause of the smell, chills ran down his spine and it was the first time since arriving here that he really was terrified. He may had screamed, even.

In front of him, was a man in various states of decomposition. Maggots seemed to have made themselves comfy in the man's throat. While his abdomen bloated with even more of the horrible smell. His limbs were nothing but bones, decorated with spider webs and dust. On his skeletal hand, lays a deck of cards with strange purple breezes circling about. The deck was calling to him. In his head. Luft panicked and he subconsciously inched forward, his hands facing itself upwards. Now the panic was full blown as he tried to wake himself up from the trance. Gracefully, the deck of cards levitate, and one by one they glided and stacked on his palm, until the deck belongs to him, free of any stain or spider webs it exhibited before, and his trance was broken.

He dizzily ran out of the room as fast as he could, dared not to spare the corpse behind him another glance. When he reached the hallway, there was no one. An emergency for all of the others as well? That didn't sit right with him as he ran out into the clearing, to see Overcast instantly lunging at him, pulling him into a hug.

"W-what happened?" He sputtered, looking at Overcast. Her eyes were dark. "We all experienced something that I can't talk about now. And trust me, I know what we're getting ourselves into, but I didn't expect this much hostility." Her eyes made contact with the deck of cards in my hands, and worry clouded her eyes, but relief was there as well for some reason. "Well, maybe not all of us. Seems like someone has been expecting you."

Sacred silently studied him, before she started walking back. Pricror smiled, his face pale. "I don't think I was to try some stunt like this again in my life. You were in there for an eternity, we were really scared you were taken. Glad you're okay." Overcast agreed as she ushered both him and Pricror away from the house. From his peripheral, he noticed Overcast dropping a small piece of paper and salt on the ground. Momentarily, the cards in his hands seemed to glow in defiance, before returning to their normal state.

Luft can't really say that experience scare him to his core, but he can say for sure that the corpse did later when they recounted their experiences. And the cards, that too.

I feel like I'm getting cramps Orz I won't procrastinate anymore

@casuallySleepy Hello! I've recorded your entry :)
@casuallySleepy Hello! I've recorded your entry :)
F9znW0V.pngMOIcidv.pngTAAah4E.pngshadow-mercs-small-banner_zpssyrro27z.png

Username:Kiradog234
Prompt: A Nightmare
Title:A Streak of Light in the Pitch Darkness

Heavy breathing. Claws scrabbling at the ungiving ground. Blind in the night. Gembeam saw all of this as of from above, viewing his own terror from another form, wishing it was not what it seemed. A living nightmare. The sun had set long ago, it should have come back, surely, it should have returned to its place above him again. Mind numbing fear gripped him, disabled his movements, encouraged his frantic breathing. Darkness. The forest was a jumble of shadow around him, a mixture of atrocities thrown together into an abomination ready to tear out his soul.

He was petrified, unable to move.

His talons shuffled, scales quaking against each other, a violently loud sound in the silence. He started moving, forwards, step by careful step, attempting to still the rush of panic and within him. Ahead, a beam of light split the night, illuminating his path, guiding his useless eyes. It sparkled from above, sending glistening strands of light over the leaves and foliage of a forest floor. He started running, steps echoed behind him as the snapping teeth of a vicious predator followed, gaining ground with every second. The light flickered, dimmed, and reappeared.

Gone.

It blinked out. No. Impossible. The moon does not disappear. The Imperials thoughts blurred together as the numbing chill overtook him, filling his veins with liquid ice. Gembeam sped up again. Another set of footsteps appeared behind him, faster, more menacing. Snapping teeth bit air behind his talons followed by a guttural snarl unlike any he had heard before. Ahead, the ground dipped. His spirits lifted. The clan, it lay beyond the dip! GemBeam shot forwards, into a black abyss.

His eyes snapped open, now everything was dark, the little vision he had had had been stolen. All was black, the ground was gone. He was falling. Falling through a hole of despair. His wings were useless, limp at his sides. Gembeam lifted his head, he could get out of this. His claws were stretched below him, grasping at nothing. A shape appeared before him, an illusion falling through the air.

"Darkness, Darkness, everywhere, how will you escape?" It said in a sing song voice, oval, emotionless eyes curving into slits. Colour spread along the faint outline, brining a small figure to life "Wishes! Wishes! What to make, what to say?" It chuckled, again, without any trace of emotion.

"W-What are y-you?" The Imperial asked, the stammer in his voice only intensifying his fears.

"Questions, such silly little things" it said. "What fun! We'll play a game, a game!, what game?" The thing said, mouth sliding into something resembling a smile.

Gembeam glared at it, what was it doing? What did it mean "L-leave me alone" he said quietly, the darkness sapping and courage he had in an instant.

"No play? Meanie!" It snarled, dissipating in a puff of colourless smoke.

The ground appeared suddenly, stealing the Imperials breath, throwing his wings to the side, snapping the left one. GemBeam looked up. The darkness, closing in, a cloud of black speeding towards his form. The breath snagged in his throat, all other thoughts left his shattered mind. The darkness entered him, pulling itself into his scales, taking over his body.

Hi eyes opened. Onyx slits of pure jet black. The Imperial grinned. His third person self watched, emotionless, unable to show his feelings, in caring for the other version of him below. His scales darkened, his wings quivered. A deep, thick substance poured from his talons, his eyes, his scales, a substance etched with the Shade. Far above, in the world of Sorneith, the Trickmurk Circus began.....

Username:Kiradog234
Prompt: A Nightmare
Title:A Streak of Light in the Pitch Darkness

Heavy breathing. Claws scrabbling at the ungiving ground. Blind in the night. Gembeam saw all of this as of from above, viewing his own terror from another form, wishing it was not what it seemed. A living nightmare. The sun had set long ago, it should have come back, surely, it should have returned to its place above him again. Mind numbing fear gripped him, disabled his movements, encouraged his frantic breathing. Darkness. The forest was a jumble of shadow around him, a mixture of atrocities thrown together into an abomination ready to tear out his soul.

He was petrified, unable to move.

His talons shuffled, scales quaking against each other, a violently loud sound in the silence. He started moving, forwards, step by careful step, attempting to still the rush of panic and within him. Ahead, a beam of light split the night, illuminating his path, guiding his useless eyes. It sparkled from above, sending glistening strands of light over the leaves and foliage of a forest floor. He started running, steps echoed behind him as the snapping teeth of a vicious predator followed, gaining ground with every second. The light flickered, dimmed, and reappeared.

Gone.

It blinked out. No. Impossible. The moon does not disappear. The Imperials thoughts blurred together as the numbing chill overtook him, filling his veins with liquid ice. Gembeam sped up again. Another set of footsteps appeared behind him, faster, more menacing. Snapping teeth bit air behind his talons followed by a guttural snarl unlike any he had heard before. Ahead, the ground dipped. His spirits lifted. The clan, it lay beyond the dip! GemBeam shot forwards, into a black abyss.

His eyes snapped open, now everything was dark, the little vision he had had had been stolen. All was black, the ground was gone. He was falling. Falling through a hole of despair. His wings were useless, limp at his sides. Gembeam lifted his head, he could get out of this. His claws were stretched below him, grasping at nothing. A shape appeared before him, an illusion falling through the air.

"Darkness, Darkness, everywhere, how will you escape?" It said in a sing song voice, oval, emotionless eyes curving into slits. Colour spread along the faint outline, brining a small figure to life "Wishes! Wishes! What to make, what to say?" It chuckled, again, without any trace of emotion.

"W-What are y-you?" The Imperial asked, the stammer in his voice only intensifying his fears.

"Questions, such silly little things" it said. "What fun! We'll play a game, a game!, what game?" The thing said, mouth sliding into something resembling a smile.

Gembeam glared at it, what was it doing? What did it mean "L-leave me alone" he said quietly, the darkness sapping and courage he had in an instant.

"No play? Meanie!" It snarled, dissipating in a puff of colourless smoke.

The ground appeared suddenly, stealing the Imperials breath, throwing his wings to the side, snapping the left one. GemBeam looked up. The darkness, closing in, a cloud of black speeding towards his form. The breath snagged in his throat, all other thoughts left his shattered mind. The darkness entered him, pulling itself into his scales, taking over his body.

Hi eyes opened. Onyx slits of pure jet black. The Imperial grinned. His third person self watched, emotionless, unable to show his feelings, in caring for the other version of him below. His scales darkened, his wings quivered. A deep, thick substance poured from his talons, his eyes, his scales, a substance etched with the Shade. Far above, in the world of Sorneith, the Trickmurk Circus began.....
Eh7mW.gif
5tHOv.gif
WpHT3.gif
8qVxd.gif
Bo1ub.gif
FpJLG.gif
TuipX.gif
gF5U2.gif
QZhRp.gif
KkedT.gif
@Kiradog234 your entry has been recorded, thank you for joining! :)
@Kiradog234 your entry has been recorded, thank you for joining! :)
d642b611-ef6c-11e5-866b-2d9b8664c5dc.gif • Every dragon without familiar is up for sale, please don't pick them in forum games!
Clan lore
bump!
bump!
Clan lore
Hullo! I would love to join ohmygosh the second entry to a contest I need to get done by this Saturday ;o; this contest! :D However, I had one question before I began. Do I need to write a story for more than one prompt, or is it you only choose one? This particular thing wasn't specified very clearly in the rules, so I just wanted to make sure before I joined. ^.^
Hullo! I would love to join ohmygosh the second entry to a contest I need to get done by this Saturday ;o; this contest! :D However, I had one question before I began. Do I need to write a story for more than one prompt, or is it you only choose one? This particular thing wasn't specified very clearly in the rules, so I just wanted to make sure before I joined. ^.^
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
@MorningSkye14 You write one story for one prompt, a single story cannot count for more than one prompt.
@MorningSkye14 You write one story for one prompt, a single story cannot count for more than one prompt.
F9znW0V.pngMOIcidv.pngTAAah4E.pngshadow-mercs-small-banner_zpssyrro27z.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11