Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Need advice on scanners, please
Not 100% sure this belongs here, but it's art related so....

I'm considering getting a scanner to scan my art. Since right now all I can do to get them on here is take a picture with my tablet. Yeah, the pictures aren't so great.

So please, I'd like some advice on which ones are the best—although I have some price requirements too, as I'm not made of money and can't buy those twelve-thousand-dollar ones I've seen (seriously, looked up what scanners to get and all the suggested ones were 1k+). I'm hoping to get a decent one for 50$ or less, but willing to consider anything around 100$ and down. Most of the things I'd be scanning would be pencil or colored pencil (with a few things in ink too), if that matters.

No need to ping, by the way. I'll be checking in the morning and probably subscribing then too. Thanks!
Not 100% sure this belongs here, but it's art related so....

I'm considering getting a scanner to scan my art. Since right now all I can do to get them on here is take a picture with my tablet. Yeah, the pictures aren't so great.

So please, I'd like some advice on which ones are the best—although I have some price requirements too, as I'm not made of money and can't buy those twelve-thousand-dollar ones I've seen (seriously, looked up what scanners to get and all the suggested ones were 1k+). I'm hoping to get a decent one for 50$ or less, but willing to consider anything around 100$ and down. Most of the things I'd be scanning would be pencil or colored pencil (with a few things in ink too), if that matters.

No need to ping, by the way. I'll be checking in the morning and probably subscribing then too. Thanks!
X
X
loading.gif

X
X
I've had good luck with Canon all-in-one printers. The one I'm using now is a Canon pixma mg2520 which cost $28 new, and it has worked well. You really don't have to spend a lot on these things - the all-in-ones are fine as long as you aren't planning on selling, like, wall-sized prints of your art or something.
I've had good luck with Canon all-in-one printers. The one I'm using now is a Canon pixma mg2520 which cost $28 new, and it has worked well. You really don't have to spend a lot on these things - the all-in-ones are fine as long as you aren't planning on selling, like, wall-sized prints of your art or something.
Still looking for more advice!
Still looking for more advice!
X
X
loading.gif

X
X
That depends... I work mostly in ink and pencils, so when I used to scan something in (which was pretty rare to be honest) I couldn't tell the difference between my roommate's trash scanner and our college's nice ones. If you are working with very small details and in color there may be a tiny, tiny difference in saturation, color range and sharpness, but I think most people won't be able to tell without putting them side by side and looking really close. Personally, if I needed one I would just buy the cheapest one from a decent brand (just to make sure it won't break tomorrow). Or pick one up from the trash, like the roomie did.
That depends... I work mostly in ink and pencils, so when I used to scan something in (which was pretty rare to be honest) I couldn't tell the difference between my roommate's trash scanner and our college's nice ones. If you are working with very small details and in color there may be a tiny, tiny difference in saturation, color range and sharpness, but I think most people won't be able to tell without putting them side by side and looking really close. Personally, if I needed one I would just buy the cheapest one from a decent brand (just to make sure it won't break tomorrow). Or pick one up from the trash, like the roomie did.
mUhOEDF.png ......................... ........................ ...................... ........... . . . . . . .