Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Best way to draw Glimmer?
I like drawing dragons, And i'm having a bit of trouble with glimmer? What's the best way to draw it? Do I need different colors/hues?

Whenever I try glim, it always comes out pretty bad. I was wondering if I could get any tips on it ^^
I like drawing dragons, And i'm having a bit of trouble with glimmer? What's the best way to draw it? Do I need different colors/hues?

Whenever I try glim, it always comes out pretty bad. I was wondering if I could get any tips on it ^^
Wolven.gif
@wolven you cry and let the tears be the glimmer
Hmnnn for me, i use 3-4 shades of the colour. Then i either patiently stab the artwork repeatedly or use a brush that has a spot effect and just draw over it with different shades....
I recommend the stabbing one cause it helps you stress relieve (lol)
But you tablet might break so theres a risk XD

@wolven you cry and let the tears be the glimmer
Hmnnn for me, i use 3-4 shades of the colour. Then i either patiently stab the artwork repeatedly or use a brush that has a spot effect and just draw over it with different shades....
I recommend the stabbing one cause it helps you stress relieve (lol)
But you tablet might break so theres a risk XD

tumblr_paomop1t701w18p86o3_r1_500.gif
@wolven For me what I do is use a solid brush, change the colour to white, lower the radius and kind of dot all over the glimmer area... Then use a airbrush tool with the radius set slightly bigger than the solid brush tool, again set it to white, and sort of use it to give a 'glowing' effect to some of your dots :D Edit: here you go! An example of how to do glimmer like how i was talking about^ [img]http://i.imgur.com/6Po3oTD.jpg[/img]
@wolven
For me what I do is use a solid brush, change the colour to white, lower the radius and kind of dot all over the glimmer area... Then use a airbrush tool with the radius set slightly bigger than the solid brush tool, again set it to white, and sort of use it to give a 'glowing' effect to some of your dots :D

Edit: here you go! An example of how to do glimmer like how i was talking about^

6Po3oTD.jpg
IMG_3120.png
I draw glimmer kind of like jurobii does, I use 2 or 3 similar colors to fill it in in equal parts then use a smudge to blend it together, then use a star brush that just splats stars everywhere to make it sparkly! Then I maybe go through and add some light marks for extra shininess.
I draw glimmer kind of like jurobii does, I use 2 or 3 similar colors to fill it in in equal parts then use a smudge to blend it together, then use a star brush that just splats stars everywhere to make it sparkly! Then I maybe go through and add some light marks for extra shininess.
gNi9LVf.png 9hqcHsy.png
J8zFKyY.png
y0rbHJY.png
bYt72YT.png
J7D1quC.png
............................................... ifIyPFY.pngndhVaSp.png