Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Lore] Fortress of Ends Excavation - Fin
1 2 3 4
@Atzien @Skyeset @Hibiscius Sorry its a day late guys, got a little distracted over the weekend XP! @Self Absolutely! Sorry I missed your ping earlier, did you wanted to be added to the raffle pinglist as well? Journal Entry #6 Excavation has been delayed yet again but for an altogether unusual reason. Several days ago the crew and I came across a large section of ice with an unusual tint and an even more unusual smell. By the end of the day both the coatl's and I experienced difficulty breathing and had to submit ourselves to the sick bay by the following morning. We spent several days getting progressively worse until Callisto eventually discovered the cause. The tinted Ice had been tainted with a virus once common years ago as a water pollutant. A vaccine had been developed some time ago and the virus was thought to have been cured into extinction. Thankfully, Ice dragons are notorious for holding on to things that seem to have no further use. We will resume work after a few days rest. [b][i]Ganges[/i][/b] We've located the source of the tainted ice, a plague nocturne, perhaps a little unsurprising given what preceded him. His name is Ganges and I can only describe him as repulsive. He carries the stench of stagnant water with him wherever he goes. He came to feeling extremely volatile, so much so, that Callisto had to call on the help of the lair's senior warriors Tullius who is also a plague nocturne. I haven’t been able to gather much information on Ganges life prior to imprisonment but thanks to Tullius's military insight, I am able to make some approximations. Ganges was likely a member of the Plague armada, more specifically of the marine division. His job would likely have been to help sabotage the fresh water reserves of the Plague flights enemies by polluting them with various diseases. According to Tullius, Ganges actually remembers being ambushed by creatures somewhere deep within the Southern Icefields. He described them as large hulking figures wearing the emblem of the ice flight on their backs, and wielding chains and shackles. Tullius believes Ganges's team encountered a troop of Cragward Custodians. Large creatures made of ice that patrol the Fortress of Ends and sometimes travel beyond the Fortress to apprehend trespassers to the Icefields. Even the residences here don't seem to have any clear understanding of how these creatures choose their victims, only that they have usually made themselves an enemy of the Ice flight in some way or another, or were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19574176] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/195742/19574176_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][Item=Unhatched Plague Egg][Item=Scavenger's Tatters][item=Enduring Goblin][item=Plague Doctor Chest][item=Vista: Riot of Rot][/center] [center][item=Primary Gene: Poison][item=Secondary Gene: Toxin][item=Algae-Bottom Slarg][item=Tar-Trooper Slarg][/center] [center][item=Veteran's Eye Scar][item=Veteran's Shoulder Scars][item=Veteran's Leg Scars][/center]
@Atzien @Skyeset @Hibiscius
Sorry its a day late guys, got a little distracted over the weekend XP!

@Self
Absolutely! Sorry I missed your ping earlier, did you wanted to be added to the raffle pinglist as well?

Journal Entry #6

Excavation has been delayed yet again but for an altogether unusual reason. Several days ago the crew and I came across a large section of ice with an unusual tint and an even more unusual smell. By the end of the day both the coatl's and I experienced difficulty breathing and had to submit ourselves to the sick bay by the following morning. We spent several days getting progressively worse until Callisto eventually discovered the cause. The tinted Ice had been tainted with a virus once common years ago as a water pollutant. A vaccine had been developed some time ago and the virus was thought to have been cured into extinction. Thankfully, Ice dragons are notorious for holding on to things that seem to have no further use. We will resume work after a few days rest.

Ganges

We've located the source of the tainted ice, a plague nocturne, perhaps a little unsurprising given what preceded him. His name is Ganges and I can only describe him as repulsive. He carries the stench of stagnant water with him wherever he goes. He came to feeling extremely volatile, so much so, that Callisto had to call on the help of the lair's senior warriors Tullius who is also a plague nocturne. I haven’t been able to gather much information on Ganges life prior to imprisonment but thanks to Tullius's military insight, I am able to make some approximations. Ganges was likely a member of the Plague armada, more specifically of the marine division. His job would likely have been to help sabotage the fresh water reserves of the Plague flights enemies by polluting them with various diseases. According to Tullius, Ganges actually remembers being ambushed by creatures somewhere deep within the Southern Icefields. He described them as large hulking figures wearing the emblem of the ice flight on their backs, and wielding chains and shackles. Tullius believes Ganges's team encountered a troop of Cragward Custodians. Large creatures made of ice that patrol the Fortress of Ends and sometimes travel beyond the Fortress to apprehend trespassers to the Icefields. Even the residences here don't seem to have any clear understanding of how these creatures choose their victims, only that they have usually made themselves an enemy of the Ice flight in some way or another, or were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Unhatched Plague Egg Scavenger's Tatters Enduring Goblin Plague Doctor Chest Vista: Riot of Rot
Primary Gene: Poison Secondary Gene: Toxin Algae-Bottom Slarg Tar-Trooper Slarg
Veteran's Eye Scar Veteran's Shoulder Scars Veteran's Leg Scars
QqPcQdi.png
@Moonpiebandit

Can you add me to the pinglist for the raffle? I'm subscribed to the thread, so hopefully I won't miss anything, but just incase. c: (btw I love the journal entries so far)
@Moonpiebandit

Can you add me to the pinglist for the raffle? I'm subscribed to the thread, so hopefully I won't miss anything, but just incase. c: (btw I love the journal entries so far)
sUdK1YY.gifclan_gelistros_sig_size_by_yumenoookami-daqlrl0.pngmercutio_mini_by_yumenoookami-daphc2s.pngslainchaos_sig_size_by_yumenoookami-daqobqa.png
@GwiazCo

Sure can! Glad to hear you like it so far! ^_^
@GwiazCo

Sure can! Glad to hear you like it so far! ^_^
QqPcQdi.png
@Moonpiebandit

Yes please :)
@Moonpiebandit

Yes please :)
IMG-7708.png

ovaJ1TV.png
@Self

Done and Done!
@Self

Done and Done!
QqPcQdi.png
@Moonpiebandit

I'd like to be pinged for updates and raffle \o/

These journal entries really remind me of quests in Skyrim or Oblivion :D Very well written!
@Moonpiebandit

I'd like to be pinged for updates and raffle \o/

These journal entries really remind me of quests in Skyrim or Oblivion :D Very well written!
@Maririn

Ah! I'm so glad you like it! The elder scrolls are my all time favorite games! I've added you to both pinglists. ^_^
@Maririn

Ah! I'm so glad you like it! The elder scrolls are my all time favorite games! I've added you to both pinglists. ^_^
QqPcQdi.png
@Atzien @Skyeset @Hibiscius @Self @Maririn [i]Journal Entry #7[/i] Things have been progressing smoothly since the plague incident, although we've yet to come across any more dragons, we have found several more notable artifacts Including a Hawksbill Goliath. It is quite a site to see for the first time as they are enormous. It was obstructing much of what lied beyond. Since its removal we've discovered something shimmering behind the ice. [b]Pure[/b] We've freed our second Nocturne, a female named Pure who is nothing like her name or appearance would lead anyone to believe. Almost immediately after she woke up, she has been attempting to flirt with nearly every dragon she can find, including myself. She has created no shortage of chaos among the clan's residence as most of the dragons here are quite aggressively spoken for. Although, I will admit I find it endlessly amusing to see the clan's mighty leader flee in terror at the sight of a much smaller dragon. She was more than willing to speak to me, though keeping her on task has proven a challenge. She wasn't willing to discuss anything overly personal, and what I did learn I had to glean from the colorful regaling of her many conquests. Pure was raised by a family of street thieves and uses her appearance and charm to 'convince' her victims into giving their fortunes. As soon as these funds were depleted she would disappear into the night and returned to her clan. The artifacts found with her are a testament to her success, when we uncovered her she was wreathed in flowers and jewelry. Trophies from her last theft, a Pearlcatcher lord who chased her halfway across the Southern Icefields. Pure attempted to evade him by ducking into the Fortress of Ends as far as she dared. Not that it seemed to matter as she was obviously captured. It has taken a lot of convincing but Pure has agreed to let us attempt to find her clan. It won't be easy, it may not even be possible given the time lapse and the fact that her clan is nomadic but if nothing else we might be able to narrow done where they could be. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22442515] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/224426/22442515_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][item=Black Tulip Flowerfall][item=Sakura Flowerfall][item=violet Flowerfall][item=Daisy Flowerfall][item=Marigold Flowerfall][item=Red Rose Flowerfall][item=Daisy Corsage][item=Black Tulip Corsage][item=Marigold corsage][item=Red Rose Corsage][item=Sakura Corsage][item=violet Corsage][item=Black Tulip Flower Crown][item=Daisy Flower Crown][item=Red Rose Flower Crown][item=Marigold Flower crown][item=Sakura Flower Crown][item=Violet Flower Crown][item=Black Tulip Lei][item=Daisy Lei][item=Marigold Lei][item=Red Rose Lei][item=Sakura Lei][item=violet lei][item=Teardrop Pastel Spinel Bracelet][item=Teardrop Pastel Spinel Earrings][item=Teardrop Pastel Spinel Ring][item=Teardrop Pastel Spinel Choker][item=Teardrop Pastel Spinel Necklace][item=Teardrop Pastel Spinel Necklace][item=Teardrop Pastel Spinel Anklet][item=Teardrop Pastel Spinel Armlet][item=Teardrop Pastel Spinel Belt][item=Teardrop Pastel Spinel Leg band][item=Teardrop Pastel Spinel Tail Ring][item=Teardrop Pastel Spinel Wing Loop][/center]
@Atzien @Skyeset @Hibiscius @Self @Maririn

Journal Entry #7

Things have been progressing smoothly since the plague incident, although we've yet to come across any more dragons, we have found several more notable artifacts Including a Hawksbill Goliath. It is quite a site to see for the first time as they are enormous. It was obstructing much of what lied beyond. Since its removal we've discovered something shimmering behind the ice.

Pure

We've freed our second Nocturne, a female named Pure who is nothing like her name or appearance would lead anyone to believe. Almost immediately after she woke up, she has been attempting to flirt with nearly every dragon she can find, including myself. She has created no shortage of chaos among the clan's residence as most of the dragons here are quite aggressively spoken for. Although, I will admit I find it endlessly amusing to see the clan's mighty leader flee in terror at the sight of a much smaller dragon. She was more than willing to speak to me, though keeping her on task has proven a challenge.

She wasn't willing to discuss anything overly personal, and what I did learn I had to glean from the colorful regaling of her many conquests. Pure was raised by a family of street thieves and uses her appearance and charm to 'convince' her victims into giving their fortunes. As soon as these funds were depleted she would disappear into the night and returned to her clan. The artifacts found with her are a testament to her success, when we uncovered her she was wreathed in flowers and jewelry. Trophies from her last theft, a Pearlcatcher lord who chased her halfway across the Southern Icefields. Pure attempted to evade him by ducking into the Fortress of Ends as far as she dared. Not that it seemed to matter as she was obviously captured. It has taken a lot of convincing but Pure has agreed to let us attempt to find her clan. It won't be easy, it may not even be possible given the time lapse and the fact that her clan is nomadic but if nothing else we might be able to narrow done where they could be.
Black Tulip Flowerfall Sakura Flowerfall Violet Flowerfall Daisy Flowerfall Marigold Flowerfall Red Rose Flowerfall Daisy Corsage Black Tulip Corsage Marigold Corsage Red Rose Corsage Sakura Corsage Violet Corsage Black Tulip Flower Crown Daisy Flower Crown Red Rose Flower Crown Marigold Flower Crown Sakura Flower Crown Violet Flower Crown Black Tulip Lei Daisy Lei Marigold Lei Red Rose Lei Sakura Lei Violet Lei Teardrop Pastel Spinel Bracelet Teardrop Pastel Spinel Earrings Teardrop Pastel Spinel Ring Teardrop Pastel Spinel Choker Teardrop Pastel Spinel Necklace Teardrop Pastel Spinel Necklace Teardrop Pastel Spinel Anklet Teardrop Pastel Spinel Armlet Teardrop Pastel Spinel Belt Teardrop Pastel Spinel Leg Band Teardrop Pastel Spinel Tail Ring Teardrop Pastel Spinel Wing Loop
QqPcQdi.png
@Atzien @Skyeset @Hibiscius @Self @Maririn Just a small entry this time. Things in RL are getting a little crazy. Journal Entry #8 I confess I have little to write about at the moment. The excavation has been running without any setbacks for some time now and we've reached yet another dragon in record time. It helps that this one was brightly colored and surrounded by mirrors that have made it very easy to locate. [b]Momus[/b] We've freed another trickster although this one is a very different kind of trickster. A skydancer named Momus who fancy's herself a comedian. She was apparently quite good in her day, I remember finding old posters of her acts in one of the libraries of my homeclan. She had reportedly disappeared during one of her global tour's shortly after arriving in the Southern Icefields. According to her, it was not a surprise that she had been imprisoned. Momus frequently introduced social and political issues into her act, and while her jests are well received by most, she does make the occasional enemy. The last thing she remembers is returning to her green room after a show somewhere in the Coudscrape Crags, and enjoying some gifts left by what she thought were her fans. We know believe it was likely a trap laid by an offended official. Oddly, Momus seems the least upset of all the dragons we've found so far at her current predicament and plans to resume entertaining as soon as she can. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23014319] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230144/23014319_350.png[/img] [/url] [item=Googly Confusion][item=Bishoujo Observation][item=Starry Regard][item=Sly Glance][item=Weary Focus][item=Spiral Daze][item=Intense Attention][item=Disgruntled View][item=Wiggly Sight][item=Saucer Stare][item=Beautiful Gander][/center]
@Atzien @Skyeset @Hibiscius @Self @Maririn

Just a small entry this time. Things in RL are getting a little crazy.

Journal Entry #8

I confess I have little to write about at the moment. The excavation has been running without any setbacks for some time now and we've reached yet another dragon in record time. It helps that this one was brightly colored and surrounded by mirrors that have made it very easy to locate.

Momus

We've freed another trickster although this one is a very different kind of trickster. A skydancer named Momus who fancy's herself a comedian. She was apparently quite good in her day, I remember finding old posters of her acts in one of the libraries of my homeclan. She had reportedly disappeared during one of her global tour's shortly after arriving in the Southern Icefields. According to her, it was not a surprise that she had been imprisoned. Momus frequently introduced social and political issues into her act, and while her jests are well received by most, she does make the occasional enemy. The last thing she remembers is returning to her green room after a show somewhere in the Coudscrape Crags, and enjoying some gifts left by what she thought were her fans. We know believe it was likely a trap laid by an offended official. Oddly, Momus seems the least upset of all the dragons we've found so far at her current predicament and plans to resume entertaining as soon as she can.

23014319_350.png

Googly Confusion Bishoujo Observation Starry Regard Sly Glance Weary Focus Spiral Daze Intense Attention Disgruntled View Wiggly Sight Saucer Stare Beautiful Gander
QqPcQdi.png
A Malevolent Spirit has been discovered!
A Malevolent Spirit has been discovered!
QqPcQdi.png
1 2 3 4