Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Artifact Expedition Comm - CLOSED
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@RemanLT, @KitsuneRuna

It was my error to draw the 26th winners too early. You will both be rolled onto the 27th, but I will send something over to make up for my mistake. Thank you for entering!
@RemanLT, @KitsuneRuna

It was my error to draw the 26th winners too early. You will both be rolled onto the 27th, but I will send something over to make up for my mistake. Thank you for entering!
Keyraven "Key"
FR + 1

cgtilJF.png

9eXyW7h.png
@RemanLT @KitsuneRuna @SkyyeofEmber @Livestraes @Rhabdo

Thank you all for your entries! They were fun to look at and read, and have been recorded in the spreadsheet.
@RemanLT @KitsuneRuna @SkyyeofEmber @Livestraes @Rhabdo

Thank you all for your entries! They were fun to look at and read, and have been recorded in the spreadsheet.
Keyraven "Key"
FR + 1

cgtilJF.png

9eXyW7h.png
@kamme okay cool. :)

Ack still need to write today's entry. Excite!
@kamme okay cool. :)

Ack still need to write today's entry. Excite!
oRYE0vS.pngwj5ThaV.png 28609671391_baae3aef01_o.png
@Kamme http://www.mapcrunch.com/p/64.961681_19.063358_-288.1_-5_0 Kelran, Cerulean, and Treble emerged from the second portal, and their eyes took a moment to adjust to the brighter light here. They had landed on the edge of a forest, and while things were still chilly, it was a bit more comfortable here than the barren steppes of Dragonhome had been. "An arrow!" Treble suddenly shouted. "I see an arrow over there! We should follow it!" Before the other two could object, the Spiral had already dashed away. Sure enough, someone had erected a sign with an arrow on it, and the trio followed it through the forest. [item=Cedar Logs][item=Birch Twigs][item=Fir Branch] What they found along the path puzzled them, as they soon came to a clearing with a whole bunch of logs piled up. "Someone has been clearing this forest lately," Cerulean said. "But who?" "The same individuals who stole the artifacts, perhaps?" Kelran replied. Sadly, a quick search of the area uncovered nothing, save for a few branches and twigs that Treble insisted on adding to her collection. Undaunted, the three dragons continued their exploration, and not much later, they discovered an abandoned settlement of some sort, with one large building in the center and a few smaller ones next to it. And stranger still, there was an ancient device lying in disuse in the center of it all. As he was too big to go inside any of the dilapidated buildings, Cerulean decided to stand guard outside while Kelran and Treble gave the area a quick search. [item=Spoiled Landscape][item=Tattered Parchment][item=Empty Scroll Case] Inside the large house, they found many ancient scrolls, most of which were so fragile Kelran was reluctant to pick them up. What was worse, they were all in some language neither he nor Treble could read at all. Nevertheless, the Tundra managed to carry out an interesting looking painting and a few relatively intact texts for Cerulean to try and translate later. Treble, meanwhile, had managed to make herself scarce. Where had she gotten to? Just then, a loud metallic racket came from outside, and Kelran quickly ran over to investigate. [item=Steelhound] "Guys! Help!" Treble shouted. "We've got monsters!" Evidently, the Spiral had tried and succeeded in activating the ancient machine, and had received a nasty pummeling from the device's large metallic claw for her trouble! Thinking fast, Kelran leapt into action, erecting a magical stasis field to hold the machine in place. Then Cerulean came crashing in from above to try and smash the device into pieces! [item=Lumen Wiring] While this did manage to break a few pieces off of the machine, it didn't stop it at all, as it quickly charged at the trio once more, flailing and roaring in fury. "I think we've overstayed our welcome!" Kelran yelled. "Everyone back to the portal!" This was easier said than done, of course, as Cerulean had to tear Treble away from a bunch of shiny wires she had found and drag her back with them. "But they're so pretty! They must be important!" she yelled. "You were about to get yourself crushed by that machine," Cerulean said. "I think your life is a bit more important than those wires, don't you? Come. We'll find more artifacts soon, I'm sure of it." And with that, the three dragons fled through the portal, which closed just before the machine caught up with them, causing it to go tumbling uselessly down a hillside. Onwards to more adventures!
@Kamme

http://www.mapcrunch.com/p/64.961681_19.063358_-288.1_-5_0

Kelran, Cerulean, and Treble emerged from the second portal, and their eyes took a moment to adjust to the brighter light here. They had landed on the edge of a forest, and while things were still chilly, it was a bit more comfortable here than the barren steppes of Dragonhome had been.

"An arrow!" Treble suddenly shouted. "I see an arrow over there! We should follow it!"

Before the other two could object, the Spiral had already dashed away. Sure enough, someone had erected a sign with an arrow on it, and the trio followed it through the forest.

Cedar Logs Birch Twigs Fir Branch

What they found along the path puzzled them, as they soon came to a clearing with a whole bunch of logs piled up.

"Someone has been clearing this forest lately," Cerulean said. "But who?"

"The same individuals who stole the artifacts, perhaps?" Kelran replied. Sadly, a quick search of the area uncovered nothing, save for a few branches and twigs that Treble insisted on adding to her collection.

Undaunted, the three dragons continued their exploration, and not much later, they discovered an abandoned settlement of some sort, with one large building in the center and a few smaller ones next to it. And stranger still, there was an ancient device lying in disuse in the center of it all. As he was too big to go inside any of the dilapidated buildings, Cerulean decided to stand guard outside while Kelran and Treble gave the area a quick search.

Spoiled Landscape Tattered Parchment

Inside the large house, they found many ancient scrolls, most of which were so fragile Kelran was reluctant to pick them up. What was worse, they were all in some language neither he nor Treble could read at all. Nevertheless, the Tundra managed to carry out an interesting looking painting and a few relatively intact texts for Cerulean to try and translate later. Treble, meanwhile, had managed to make herself scarce. Where had she gotten to?

Just then, a loud metallic racket came from outside, and Kelran quickly ran over to investigate.

Steelhound

"Guys! Help!" Treble shouted. "We've got monsters!" Evidently, the Spiral had tried and succeeded in activating the ancient machine, and had received a nasty pummeling from the device's large metallic claw for her trouble!

Thinking fast, Kelran leapt into action, erecting a magical stasis field to hold the machine in place. Then Cerulean came crashing in from above to try and smash the device into pieces!

Lumen Wiring

While this did manage to break a few pieces off of the machine, it didn't stop it at all, as it quickly charged at the trio once more, flailing and roaring in fury.

"I think we've overstayed our welcome!" Kelran yelled. "Everyone back to the portal!"

This was easier said than done, of course, as Cerulean had to tear Treble away from a bunch of shiny wires she had found and drag her back with them.

"But they're so pretty! They must be important!" she yelled.

"You were about to get yourself crushed by that machine," Cerulean said. "I think your life is a bit more important than those wires, don't you? Come. We'll find more artifacts soon, I'm sure of it."

And with that, the three dragons fled through the portal, which closed just before the machine caught up with them, causing it to go tumbling uselessly down a hillside.

Onwards to more adventures!
xpP2XdL.png
@Kamme June 27 - The Warriors Three Reach the Shrine [url=http://www.mapcrunch.com/p/35.237675_127.703186_-26.27_-6.24_0]Map[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10188295][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/101883/10188295.png[/img][/url] Rubella [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10337209][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/103373/10337209.png[/img][/url] Gurp [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12073111][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/120732/12073111.png[/img][/url] Lucki --- Gurp and the compass led them over and around and between traps and pitfalls and hidden monsters. Hour after hour, they walked on. Darkness fell, and they kept walking, slower by necessity. None of them wanted to stop, so they ate as they walked, and drank from a safe stream. When rosy-fingered dawn finally peeked over the mountains, they had just crested a hill. The main path ran off in a different direction, but a few half-overgrown stones marked a long abandoned trail. "That way," Gurp said, pointing to the thin trail. "Not far at all now." His words raised their spirits. They set off down the trail almost energetically. The trail widened out into a bowl-shaped clearing, and there they found [url=http://www.mapcrunch.com/p/35.237675_127.703186_-26.27_-6.24_0]the shrine[/url]. Two tall boulders stood at either side of the foot of the stairs to the entrance. The one to the left bore a colourful carving of an Imperial dragon. The other had a series of characters in a language none of them recognized. Water trickled out from between the rough stone steps, leaving sparkling damp trails where it fell. "Woah," said Lucki. "Um. This seems rather obvious, though. Are you sure it's the secret one?" Gurp chuckled. "Look back the way we came." Lucki looked. There was no way back. Somehow the trail had vanished. "How...?" "The compass let us through. Without it, we would never have found this place." Lucki shivered his wings. "So who goes first?" "Me, this time." Gurp removed the Light emblem from his pack and raised it up to his forehead. The emblem stuck to his helmet, gleaming gold in the bright sun. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10337209] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/103373/10337209_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Ready?" Gurp asked. He waited for the others' agreement before turning to walk up the steps to the shrine entrance. ---
@Kamme

June 27 - The Warriors Three Reach the Shrine

Map

10188295.png Rubella 10337209.png Gurp 12073111.png Lucki

---

Gurp and the compass led them over and around and between traps and pitfalls and hidden monsters. Hour after hour, they walked on. Darkness fell, and they kept walking, slower by necessity. None of them wanted to stop, so they ate as they walked, and drank from a safe stream.

When rosy-fingered dawn finally peeked over the mountains, they had just crested a hill. The main path ran off in a different direction, but a few half-overgrown stones marked a long abandoned trail.

"That way," Gurp said, pointing to the thin trail. "Not far at all now."

His words raised their spirits. They set off down the trail almost energetically.

The trail widened out into a bowl-shaped clearing, and there they found the shrine. Two tall boulders stood at either side of the foot of the stairs to the entrance. The one to the left bore a colourful carving of an Imperial dragon. The other had a series of characters in a language none of them recognized. Water trickled out from between the rough stone steps, leaving sparkling damp trails where it fell.

"Woah," said Lucki. "Um. This seems rather obvious, though. Are you sure it's the secret one?"

Gurp chuckled. "Look back the way we came."

Lucki looked. There was no way back. Somehow the trail had vanished. "How...?"

"The compass let us through. Without it, we would never have found this place."

Lucki shivered his wings. "So who goes first?"

"Me, this time." Gurp removed the Light emblem from his pack and raised it up to his forehead.

The emblem stuck to his helmet, gleaming gold in the bright sun.

"Ready?" Gurp asked. He waited for the others' agreement before turning to walk up the steps to the shrine entrance.

---
@Kamme ((This is a SUPER fun thing. I'm very glad I found it!)) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21057092] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/210571/21057092_350.png[/img] [/url] Kydoimos scoffed at the messenger. “Of course I am up to the challenge.” The shining Imperial turned away to prepare for a takeoff before turning back to the coatl. “I’ll be back soon, keep an eye out.” ============================================================ ((Map: http://www.mapcrunch.com/p/22.113392_113.573567_74.97_9.76_0 )) Kydoimos sorted through his cards as he flew. The dragon mumbled to himself about needing new cards before flaying them out in a fan. He picked five cards at random and puts the rest of the deck back into his messenger bag. He looked at the first two card quickly before accelerating in speed. “Okay, good. That isn’t too far.” He landed at some point along the border between the Shifting Expanse and the Sea of a Thousand Currents. A very concentrated lightening storm was brewing about five miles off the coast. He watched as a series of lightning bolts shot down from the clouds and struck the same spot in the sea repeatedly. Such a low probability occurrence made the hair on the back of the Imp’s neck stand on end. “There has to be something over there,” he whispered to himself. He looked back at his five cards, this time, specifically the third card. “Ace of Spades,” he said aloud, “Sounds like I was right.” He took flight again, bolting off towards the storm. Before reaching the location of the surging, he took a deep breath and dove underwater. Once under, he could see what was causing the abnormality: an underwater building. It looked ancient, except for the enormous lightning rod on top. The lightning rod looked liked it poked out above the water. The treasure hunter swam back up above the water to get a quick breath before diving back down to swim to the undersea monument. [i]‘This seems like a place where an artifact would end up. And the cards sent me here, so we can but hope.’[/i] He swam quickly, not too quickly, though, as he was a Light dragon. But, quickly still as he’d had much practice. The explorer swam through the threshold of the edifice and looked around. Beams of light shone through the window-like openings. Kydoimos swam up one of the staircases and burst into a room filled with...... air? The Imperial looked around and breathed deeply. “A spell?” he whispered, “some sort of enchantment?” In the center of airy room was an electrical cage protecting an opaque black box. Kydoimos laughed, stoically and unbelieving. “A live electrical contraption under water. That seems extremely safe.” He made his way towards the cage and touched one of the crackling bars. A jolt of electricity coursed through his long body. He shrugged, unfazed. He flew up to the top of the cage, where there was, on the upper platform, a control panel with an encrypted mainframe. He checked his cards before nodding and rolling his eyes as he pulled off a side panel revealing a conglomerate of wires. Kydoimos shrugged once more as he grabbed a clawful of the cables and yanked them from the hardware. There was a loud powering down noise as the sound of crackling electricity died away. The treasure hunter flew back down to the floor and looked at the cage. There was no door. The bars were close enough to where he would have no chance of fitting through. A Fae would be fine, but a Fae he was not. Between the close bars and his short arms, there was no reaching the box through the bars. So, back to the cards. He pulled them out his array and grabbed the last card. “I really wish the cards would stop with this,” he sighed, “well, recovery time seems to be in the cards as well.” He laughed mentally at his pun. Not out loud though. Only crazy dragons laugh at their own jokes. He backed as far away from the cage as possible before darting towards it, full force. The bars crumpled under his cumbersome body, bending and breaking. He opened his eyes to find himself inside the cage, the box still on its pedestal. He stood up, dusted his paws, and grabbed the box. It was surprisingly light for having an artifact in it... Kydoimos opened the box to see a scroll case. He opened the scroll case and pulled out two papers, a ‘letter’ and a map. He examined the letter to see that it was actually a ‘clue’ of sorts. And the map looked antique with an ‘X’ on a spot in the Starfall Isles. “Nice,” Kydoimos said as he nodded and placed the scrolls in their case and the case in his bag, “A good, old-fashioned treasure hunt. I guess some cheeky dragon thought this would be funny. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=209930&did=24694869&function=edit#bio]Melas[/url] will enjoy hearing about this one when I get home.” He left the building, swam back to the surface, and began swimming back to the shore. As he looked back, he noticed that the storm had subsided. “Well, off to Arcane territory I go. I [i]will[/i] find one of those artifacts.” He shook himself off and took off in the direction of the Starfall Isles. [img]http://i.imgur.com/NxcXnbS.png[/img] [b]((EDIT: Added a link))[/b]
@Kamme

((This is a SUPER fun thing. I'm very glad I found it!))

21057092_350.png

Kydoimos scoffed at the messenger. “Of course I am up to the challenge.”

The shining Imperial turned away to prepare for a takeoff before turning back to the coatl. “I’ll be back soon, keep an eye out.”

============================================================

((Map: http://www.mapcrunch.com/p/22.113392_113.573567_74.97_9.76_0 ))

Kydoimos sorted through his cards as he flew. The dragon mumbled to himself about needing new cards before flaying them out in a fan. He picked five cards at random and puts the rest of the deck back into his messenger bag. He looked at the first two card quickly before accelerating in speed. “Okay, good. That isn’t too far.”

He landed at some point along the border between the Shifting Expanse and the Sea of a Thousand Currents. A very concentrated lightening storm was brewing about five miles off the coast. He watched as a series of lightning bolts shot down from the clouds and struck the same spot in the sea repeatedly.

Such a low probability occurrence made the hair on the back of the Imp’s neck stand on end. “There has to be something over there,” he whispered to himself.

He looked back at his five cards, this time, specifically the third card. “Ace of Spades,” he said aloud, “Sounds like I was right.”

He took flight again, bolting off towards the storm. Before reaching the location of the surging, he took a deep breath and dove underwater. Once under, he could see what was causing the abnormality: an underwater building. It looked ancient, except for the enormous lightning rod on top. The lightning rod looked liked it poked out above the water.

The treasure hunter swam back up above the water to get a quick breath before diving back down to swim to the undersea monument.

‘This seems like a place where an artifact would end up. And the cards sent me here, so we can but hope.’

He swam quickly, not too quickly, though, as he was a Light dragon. But, quickly still as he’d had much practice. The explorer swam through the threshold of the edifice and looked around. Beams of light shone through the window-like openings. Kydoimos swam up one of the staircases and burst into a room filled with...... air? The Imperial looked around and breathed deeply. “A spell?” he whispered, “some sort of enchantment?”

In the center of airy room was an electrical cage protecting an opaque black box. Kydoimos laughed, stoically and unbelieving. “A live electrical contraption under water. That seems extremely safe.”

He made his way towards the cage and touched one of the crackling bars. A jolt of electricity coursed through his long body. He shrugged, unfazed. He flew up to the top of the cage, where there was, on the upper platform, a control panel with an encrypted mainframe.

He checked his cards before nodding and rolling his eyes as he pulled off a side panel revealing a conglomerate of wires. Kydoimos shrugged once more as he grabbed a clawful of the cables and yanked them from the hardware. There was a loud powering down noise as the sound of crackling electricity died away.

The treasure hunter flew back down to the floor and looked at the cage. There was no door. The bars were close enough to where he would have no chance of fitting through. A Fae would be fine, but a Fae he was not. Between the close bars and his short arms, there was no reaching the box through the bars. So, back to the cards. He pulled them out his array and grabbed the last card.

“I really wish the cards would stop with this,” he sighed, “well, recovery time seems to be in the cards as well.” He laughed mentally at his pun. Not out loud though. Only crazy dragons laugh at their own jokes.

He backed as far away from the cage as possible before darting towards it, full force. The bars crumpled under his cumbersome body, bending and breaking. He opened his eyes to find himself inside the cage, the box still on its pedestal. He stood up, dusted his paws, and grabbed the box. It was surprisingly light for having an artifact in it...

Kydoimos opened the box to see a scroll case. He opened the scroll case and pulled out two papers, a ‘letter’ and a map. He examined the letter to see that it was actually a ‘clue’ of sorts. And the map looked antique with an ‘X’ on a spot in the Starfall Isles.

“Nice,” Kydoimos said as he nodded and placed the scrolls in their case and the case in his bag, “A good, old-fashioned treasure hunt. I guess some cheeky dragon thought this would be funny. Melas will enjoy hearing about this one when I get home.”

He left the building, swam back to the surface, and began swimming back to the shore. As he looked back, he noticed that the storm had subsided.

“Well, off to Arcane territory I go. I will find one of those artifacts.”

He shook himself off and took off in the direction of the Starfall Isles.

NxcXnbS.png

((EDIT: Added a link))
6m7yyyz.png
@Kamme http://www.mapcrunch.com/p/55.26709_22.817042_108.69_7.97_0 [img] http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah151/kagenokyuubi/doritosexpedition2_zpspyojaddm.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=177317&did=16686061]MountainDew[/url] raised her frills excitedly. “Hey D! Check out the neat lines in the grass here! Wanna fly up and see what they look like from above?” [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=177317&tab=dragon&did=16660955]Doritos[/url] grinned. “Sure! Maybe we’ll run into whoever made them!” The fae was momentarily confused. “Why would you think we’d run into whoever made them in the sky?” “Look, Dewy. I’m not saying it was aliens, but—“ The fae rolled her eyes. “That’s exactly what you’re saying, D.” “Okay, yeah. But I mean come on. It was totally aliens.”
@Kamme

http://www.mapcrunch.com/p/55.26709_22.817042_108.69_7.97_0

doritosexpedition2_zpspyojaddm.png

MountainDew raised her frills excitedly.

“Hey D! Check out the neat lines in the grass here! Wanna fly up and see what they look like from above?”

Doritos grinned.

“Sure! Maybe we’ll run into whoever made them!”

The fae was momentarily confused.

“Why would you think we’d run into whoever made them in the sky?”

“Look, Dewy. I’m not saying it was aliens, but—“

The fae rolled her eyes.

“That’s exactly what you’re saying, D.”

“Okay, yeah. But I mean come on. It was totally aliens.”
gU2ykYl.png
@Kamme http://www.mapcrunch.com/p/57.917992_27.163814_-70.56_4.47_0 Kelran, Cerulean and Treble felt a little weird as they emerged from the portal for a third time. For a moment, it almost looked like they were back in the same forest that they had left just moments earlier. But this time there was a whole assortment of paths to follow, spreading out in all directions. Wherever the trio was, it did seem to be a much busier place than anywhere their expedition had taken them so far. The three of them set off with Treble leading the way, leaving trails of dust in her wake. Soon, the three dragons came to a small crossroads, by the side of which they found a statue unlike any they had seen before. It appeared to be a cross between a bear and a mushroom, which struck the adventurers as being quite peculiar. "Well, this must be one of the artifacts we're after," Kelran said. "But why would anyone leave it out in the open like this?" "I'll carry it," Cerulean replied. "It's too big for either of you." "Aw come on!" Treble shouted, dashing in front of the Imperial and blocking his path. "I wanna carry it! I saw it first, you know!" "And where do you plan on carrying it, Treble? Your pack is already overflowing with junk." "It's not junk! It's the most valuable artif- agh!" Suddenly, a dart flew out from the brushes behind the trio and grazed Treble's wing. This was quickly followed by many more darts which forced Kelran and the others to take cover. [item=Opheodrys Serthis][item=Serthis Potionmaster] Then, with a loud battle cry, half a dozen Serthis burst out of the brushes and charged towards the adventurers. "Serthis! It's an ambush!" Kelran yelled. In a panic, he raised a shield to try and block any more darts from hitting him and the others. "This statue belongs to us!" one of the snakemen called out. "You'll regret trespassing on our lands, you monsters!" "Kelran! Treble! Hold them off while I grab the statue!" Cerulean shouted. "Then we'll make a run back towards the portal!" But when the Imperial turned towards the statue once more, he was dismayed to find that Treble was sitting on top of it, having conjured up a waterspout to lift the bear-mushroom statue into the air. "I've already got it!" she yelled. "Just watch this! Whee!" Transforming the waterspout into a giant wave of water, Treble rode the statue right through the line of Serthis warriors, scattering them all over the place. "Nngh! Retreat!" the lead Serthis yelled, and the battered and bruised snakemen quickly fled into the brushes from whence they had come. [item=Bogus Manamonger][item=Ancient Fungus] Kelran brushed himself off and went to rejoin Treble. Unfortunately, while her stunt had saved the day, it had also broken the statue clean in half. "Ah... hmm. Maybe we can put it back together somehow?" the Tundra said, scratching his head for a moment. "Hey, it worked," Treble replied. "You should have seen the looks on their faces as they ran away! Oh... right. The statue. Uh... couldn't be helped! Really!" "Let's just leave before they regroup," Cerulean chimed in, gathering up the broken halves and carefully storing them away. "But in the future, Treble, try not to use ancient artworks as weapons, will you?" "Aww...." Treble groaned, before slumping onto Kelran's back and falling fast asleep. She was completely exhausted, though odds were she'd be back to her usual energetic self by the time the adventurers reached their next destination. Pausing only to make sure the Serthis weren't following them, the three dragons stepped into the portal once more, hoping their next stop would be a more peaceful one!
@Kamme

http://www.mapcrunch.com/p/57.917992_27.163814_-70.56_4.47_0

Kelran, Cerulean and Treble felt a little weird as they emerged from the portal for a third time. For a moment, it almost looked like they were back in the same forest that they had left just moments earlier. But this time there was a whole assortment of paths to follow, spreading out in all directions. Wherever the trio was, it did seem to be a much busier place than anywhere their expedition had taken them so far.

The three of them set off with Treble leading the way, leaving trails of dust in her wake. Soon, the three dragons came to a small crossroads, by the side of which they found a statue unlike any they had seen before. It appeared to be a cross between a bear and a mushroom, which struck the adventurers as being quite peculiar.

"Well, this must be one of the artifacts we're after," Kelran said. "But why would anyone leave it out in the open like this?"

"I'll carry it," Cerulean replied. "It's too big for either of you."

"Aw come on!" Treble shouted, dashing in front of the Imperial and blocking his path. "I wanna carry it! I saw it first, you know!"

"And where do you plan on carrying it, Treble? Your pack is already overflowing with junk."

"It's not junk! It's the most valuable artif- agh!"

Suddenly, a dart flew out from the brushes behind the trio and grazed Treble's wing. This was quickly followed by many more darts which forced Kelran and the others to take cover.

Opheodrys Serthis Serthis Potionmaster

Then, with a loud battle cry, half a dozen Serthis burst out of the brushes and charged towards the adventurers.

"Serthis! It's an ambush!" Kelran yelled. In a panic, he raised a shield to try and block any more darts from hitting him and the others.

"This statue belongs to us!" one of the snakemen called out. "You'll regret trespassing on our lands, you monsters!"

"Kelran! Treble! Hold them off while I grab the statue!" Cerulean shouted. "Then we'll make a run back towards the portal!"

But when the Imperial turned towards the statue once more, he was dismayed to find that Treble was sitting on top of it, having conjured up a waterspout to lift the bear-mushroom statue into the air. "I've already got it!" she yelled. "Just watch this! Whee!"

Transforming the waterspout into a giant wave of water, Treble rode the statue right through the line of Serthis warriors, scattering them all over the place. "Nngh! Retreat!" the lead Serthis yelled, and the battered and bruised snakemen quickly fled into the brushes from whence they had come.

Bogus Manamonger Ancient Fungus

Kelran brushed himself off and went to rejoin Treble. Unfortunately, while her stunt had saved the day, it had also broken the statue clean in half.

"Ah... hmm. Maybe we can put it back together somehow?" the Tundra said, scratching his head for a moment.

"Hey, it worked," Treble replied. "You should have seen the looks on their faces as they ran away! Oh... right. The statue. Uh... couldn't be helped! Really!"

"Let's just leave before they regroup," Cerulean chimed in, gathering up the broken halves and carefully storing them away. "But in the future, Treble, try not to use ancient artworks as weapons, will you?"

"Aww...." Treble groaned, before slumping onto Kelran's back and falling fast asleep. She was completely exhausted, though odds were she'd be back to her usual energetic self by the time the adventurers reached their next destination.

Pausing only to make sure the Serthis weren't following them, the three dragons stepped into the portal once more, hoping their next stop would be a more peaceful one!
xpP2XdL.png
@RemanLT @TesserWings @TheCalebM @KitsuneRuna

Thank you for your entries! They have all been recorded!
@RemanLT @TesserWings @TheCalebM @KitsuneRuna

Thank you for your entries! They have all been recorded!
Keyraven "Key"
FR + 1

cgtilJF.png

9eXyW7h.png
@Kamme [url=http://www.mapcrunch.com/p/18.804182_98.920534_-96.07_20.55_-1]Map[/url] --- Meanwhile, back at the Tempest Spire... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10370970] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/103710/10370970_350.png[/img] [/url] Biezhu studied the cloud patterns, tracing the shifting currents between lightning strikes. "You're fretting an awful lot," Sakura observed. He was inspecting his moonscale armor, which his new mate Edo had made him promise not to wear (and therefore not to fight) until their nest hatched. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23923688] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/239237/23923688_350.png[/img] [/url] "Mmm..." Biezhu's whiskers danced on the breeze for a moment. "Why didn't you just [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1897224/2#post_20882711]go with them[/url]?" "Because I will be needed for a different search," the Imperial replied absently. "How--" Sakura cringed, interrupted by a particularly violent bolt of lightning. In the aftermath, it took several seconds to be sure the thing he was seeing moving toward them wasn't just a shadow blob. It was Biezhu's familiar, the Tengu Kiimeh, returning from who knew where. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/420.png[/img] Kiimeh perched on the railing and held out a tablet for Biezhu to read. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/890.png[/img] The Imperial nodded. With careful claws he slipped off his delicate chains and accents. The copper bracelets he left on. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/48996a6bb3d1355b913f1972cd0191c2.png[/img] "Time to go," he said. Kiimeh tossed the tablet to the floor where it landed surprisingly intact. "Go where?" Sakura couldn't help but ask. "An old place, known only to Imperials." Biezhu smiled at the young warrior. "I will return." --- Biezhu and Kiimeh flew for many hours. As the sun set, they landed and found a cave to curl up in for the night. The next morning, they were on their way again. The sun stood high overhead when they reached [url=http://www.mapcrunch.com/p/18.804182_98.920534_-96.07_20.55_-1]their destination[/url]. The undulating body of an Imperial led the way up a flight stairs to an elaborate shrine. At the entrance, Biezhu stopped to light incense. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/1148.png[/img] Kiimeh waited outside, keeping watch over the stairs. It was pitch black in the shrine. Biezhu made his way forward in slow, shuffling steps, using his whiskers to sense his surroundings. It wasn't until he bumped his nose against something that a soft golden glow filled the room. [i]Take this.[/i] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/18596.png[/img] Biezhu looked at the chest, then tried to search out the speaker. The sound had come from everywhere and nowhere, it seemed. [i]Take, and return.[/i] Biezhu bowed his head respectfully and picked up the chest. Hopefully whatever was in it would be useful. He had the feeling he really shouldn't open it to check right now. Back outside, he launched into the air from the top of the stairs and turned to head home. ---
@Kamme
Map

---

Meanwhile, back at the Tempest Spire...

10370970_350.png

Biezhu studied the cloud patterns, tracing the shifting currents between lightning strikes.

"You're fretting an awful lot," Sakura observed. He was inspecting his moonscale armor, which his new mate Edo had made him promise not to wear (and therefore not to fight) until their nest hatched.

23923688_350.png

"Mmm..." Biezhu's whiskers danced on the breeze for a moment.

"Why didn't you just go with them?"

"Because I will be needed for a different search," the Imperial replied absently.

"How--" Sakura cringed, interrupted by a particularly violent bolt of lightning. In the aftermath, it took several seconds to be sure the thing he was seeing moving toward them wasn't just a shadow blob.

It was Biezhu's familiar, the Tengu Kiimeh, returning from who knew where.

420.png

Kiimeh perched on the railing and held out a tablet for Biezhu to read.

890.png

The Imperial nodded. With careful claws he slipped off his delicate chains and accents. The copper bracelets he left on.

48996a6bb3d1355b913f1972cd0191c2.png

"Time to go," he said.

Kiimeh tossed the tablet to the floor where it landed surprisingly intact.

"Go where?" Sakura couldn't help but ask.

"An old place, known only to Imperials." Biezhu smiled at the young warrior. "I will return."

---

Biezhu and Kiimeh flew for many hours. As the sun set, they landed and found a cave to curl up in for the night. The next morning, they were on their way again.

The sun stood high overhead when they reached their destination. The undulating body of an Imperial led the way up a flight stairs to an elaborate shrine. At the entrance, Biezhu stopped to light incense.

1148.png

Kiimeh waited outside, keeping watch over the stairs.

It was pitch black in the shrine. Biezhu made his way forward in slow, shuffling steps, using his whiskers to sense his surroundings. It wasn't until he bumped his nose against something that a soft golden glow filled the room.

Take this.

18596.png

Biezhu looked at the chest, then tried to search out the speaker. The sound had come from everywhere and nowhere, it seemed.

Take, and return.

Biezhu bowed his head respectfully and picked up the chest. Hopefully whatever was in it would be useful. He had the feeling he really shouldn't open it to check right now.

Back outside, he launched into the air from the top of the stairs and turned to head home.

---

1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11