Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Common Draconic [A Conlang Project]
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
I've just found this and it is all I ever wanted and needed

Would you mind pinging me as well?
I've just found this and it is all I ever wanted and needed

Would you mind pinging me as well?
tumblr_ouzwu17UiL1soddjgo1_100.giftumblr_ov1iodLFh81soddjgo1_100.giftumblr_p4pz9qCI0N1soddjgo1_100.gif LC9O2h1.png
I kinda wanna make a singable translation of that lullaby
I kinda wanna make a singable translation of that lullaby
I have found this and will certainly read more about this! Pinging myself for future reference!

@Superblox
I have found this and will certainly read more about this! Pinging myself for future reference!

@Superblox
Is there a title for Guardians who have not yet found a Charge, despite being adults? Or do they just use the normal other-breed titles?
Is there a title for Guardians who have not yet found a Charge, despite being adults? Or do they just use the normal other-breed titles?
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Okay so idk who I would have to talk to in order to get this considered but I noticed we have a base 10 number system here, what if we made it base 11 for the 11 flights or another base that's a common number of dragon toes? I get that it might be inconvenient for us but within the context of the world it would make much more sense, and it could be easily formatted the same way. For example, have a suffix to add to each eleventh number, and just have individuals of one through ten. It wouldn't even be that hard once you got into it, it's just like our number system but with an extra number after nine or something.

@Banjo I guess?
Okay so idk who I would have to talk to in order to get this considered but I noticed we have a base 10 number system here, what if we made it base 11 for the 11 flights or another base that's a common number of dragon toes? I get that it might be inconvenient for us but within the context of the world it would make much more sense, and it could be easily formatted the same way. For example, have a suffix to add to each eleventh number, and just have individuals of one through ten. It wouldn't even be that hard once you got into it, it's just like our number system but with an extra number after nine or something.

@Banjo I guess?
Okay. Sorry for the wait its reply time.

@argylion

This is really cool! It'd be great if you could add in things like common english names that people like to use for their dragons to show how Ursegal speakers would spell them. Also rad for talking with an Ursegal accent.

@Ralyks @gilili

Sorry about the wait. If you haven't found it yet, the pinglist sign up is here

@candlefly

If you did I would love you forever

@Leopardmask

Guardians who haven't found their charge yet, but have come of age are Yevauns. Before this (as hatchlings) they use standard Ursegal titles.

@CanisMajoris

The number system is still WIP mostly for this reason. The current WIP number system is base 8 because the majority of breeds have four digits per... hand? claw? whatever... The debate comes in when modulating to a fae/nocturne base 6 system. We're not trying to kill people with the math.

also one could consider that Pearlcatchers are known to use all four limbs which would be four digits per four hands for a ridiculous and unnecessary hexadecimal system.

@Sapphy @JeshRaven @Superblox

Thank you all for your appreciation and support! I'm always happy to see people get excited about the project.
Okay. Sorry for the wait its reply time.

@argylion

This is really cool! It'd be great if you could add in things like common english names that people like to use for their dragons to show how Ursegal speakers would spell them. Also rad for talking with an Ursegal accent.

@Ralyks @gilili

Sorry about the wait. If you haven't found it yet, the pinglist sign up is here

@candlefly

If you did I would love you forever

@Leopardmask

Guardians who haven't found their charge yet, but have come of age are Yevauns. Before this (as hatchlings) they use standard Ursegal titles.

@CanisMajoris

The number system is still WIP mostly for this reason. The current WIP number system is base 8 because the majority of breeds have four digits per... hand? claw? whatever... The debate comes in when modulating to a fae/nocturne base 6 system. We're not trying to kill people with the math.

also one could consider that Pearlcatchers are known to use all four limbs which would be four digits per four hands for a ridiculous and unnecessary hexadecimal system.

@Sapphy @JeshRaven @Superblox

Thank you all for your appreciation and support! I'm always happy to see people get excited about the project.
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
@Llanai
Ahh, I'm glad you think so!
And I did that with a few random words on the front page but didn't think about doing that. Time to Ursegal-ize all the names.
@Llanai
Ahh, I'm glad you think so!
And I did that with a few random words on the front page but didn't think about doing that. Time to Ursegal-ize all the names.
NcSflKP.png
My bones are made of feathers, and my heart beats with the breeze.
D91RBvR.pnglHdQ8WC.gifOY3P2op.png
NQaOZu9.png
stW7qZC.png
IbGi8gf.png
@Raccoongirl
@Raccoongirl
@Llanai

Do dragons still commonly use this language?
@Llanai

Do dragons still commonly use this language?
Added myself to the pinglist :D got some good reading to do!
Added myself to the pinglist :D got some good reading to do!
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39