Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Zephyr: Issue 38
[center]It has been roughly a month since the last time new clans made the lands of Sornieth their home, but this time the borders had been weakened for a day longer than last time. Could a time with no limitations to new clans be nearing? Even those who study the borders have not been able to tell, but once a discovery is made, we will be sure to let you know! [img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/giraffe_update.png[/img] Beside that, some interesting new genes that go by the names Giraffe and Hex have been spreading very quickly throughout all the regions. Its origins are unknown, but new magical scrolls containing the genes can be bought in the Treasure Marketplace. Depending on the colour the genes can create effects that have reminded some of water, magma, and… er… giraffes?[/center] ----- [center][size=6][size=5][b][u][font=courier]Wind Flight News[/font][/u][/b][/size][/size] All of you windies are probably getting excited already- the Mistral Jamboree, our flight’s annual festival, will begin the 27th of March! Be sure to keep your eyes open, since you, dear readers, can spread a message with all of the other readers in one of our future issues regarding the Mistral Jamboree! Soon we will let you know how you can share that small message for that issue of the newspaper, until then, stay tuned! And, oh, in case you have a really great idea, feel free to share it on the forum version of this issue of the newspaper, and discuss ideas with other readers! One of them might just end up in the festival’s issue![/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=baz&id=1350404][img]http://orig01.deviantart.net/aa84/f/2016/012/5/1/sig_by_cas_a_fras-d9np1ke.png[/img][/url][/center] ----- [center][size=6][size=5][b][u][font=courier]Economy Section[/font][/u][/b][/size][/size] Hello, readers! This issue’s Econ section will be on some of the Ghostlight Ruins familiars (with the addition of Giraffe & Hex)! G:T Ratio - 1:600 Note: This week’s ratio is an estimate due to lack of data, and is not based off an actual calculation. (It’s based off both numbers that have been floating around recently and last week’s ratio). Aer Phantom - 23g - 17.1kt Recommendation: No more then 30g and 17.5kt Lux Spectre - LACK OF DATA - 13.6kt Recommendation: No more than 40g (based off Aer Phantom, it’s less rare counterpart) and no more than 18kt. (Buy for treasure at the average price; it’s low!) Carrioncorn - 17g - 10.4kt Recommendation: No more than 17g and 11kt. Nightmare - 18g - 12.5kt Recommendation: No more than 18g 30kt. Infestation Hound - 14g - 10.8kt Recommendation: No more than 15g and 11kt. Wraith Hound - 15g - 12.2kt Recommendation: No more than 16g and 13kt. Pronghorn Stomper - 14g - 9.6kt Recommendation: No more than 15g and 10kt. Wendigo - NO DATA. Start selling some Wendigos, Sorneith citizens! ---- Giraffe - 330g - 215.7kt Recommendation: The marketplace price is 225kt and the G:T ratio of 330 is 198kt. So anything more than 225kt is a no-go, and anything under 375g is a good deal. Hex - 358g - 155.9kt Recommendation: The marketplace price is 160kt and the G:T ratio of 358 is 214kt. So anything more than 160kt is a no-go, and anything under 266 should be a good deal. As always, apologize for any mistakes. Calculators are hard to use. Written by Crackle, representing Yellowfangg.[/center] ----- [center][size=6][size=5][b][u][font=courier]Dear Windy - Reminder[/font][/u][/b][/size][/size] [img]http://i.imgur.com/SiwXCtO.png[/img] Hello everybody! Windy here, just reminding you that if you have a question or need advice on something, I will be more than happy to help you! You don’t have to follow my advice, but sometimes it’s nice to get a second opinion on things, don’t you think? (((OOC Note: If you would like to send Windy a letter asking for advice, please send your messages to Heliopunk (#93471) or Toothless (#4275).))[/center] ----- [center]Windy Heart Tell me, windy heart The gusts of wind that blow all around My soul as the leaves fall down Tell me, gusty mind Why everything slips away on the breeze As I march on against the winds of life Tell me, cloudy soul Why storms arise and blow me all around As I struggle to hold on to the ground But I just can’t keep on holding on And the storm takes me away Tell me, eyes of green Why life never seems to stay in one place And I travel all around as the wind brushes by me I watch the wind as it’s on its way to somewhere Just where, I cannot know But as my life unfurls like a banner in the breeze I’m starting to realize that, like the wind I whisper all about to make myself free Never truly belonging to anything except the skies But when I’m flying, that’s where I soar Away from death, away from fear, away from the ground that holds me down And now I know why, as the wind rushes by, That I chose the wind and the wind chose me.[/center] ----- [center][size=6][size=5][b][u][font=courier]Birthdays - Reminder[/font][/u][/b][/size][/size] “Parties are a whirlwind of fun, so let’s celebrate with our fellow Windbros!” [img]http://i.imgur.com/V4i4pvv.png[/img] Sorry everyone, but we don’t have any new birthdays to be featured for March! Windies, if you have a March birthday and weren’t mentioned in the last issue of The Zephyr, please message my postmaster Toothless (#4275) letting her know, and we’ll get you in the next one. Thank you to all our loyal readers! You are the best! Until next time, party on![/center] ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1694540][img]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l334/emoXteddyfortheday/My%20drawings/FR%20Art%20Shop/Chibi-Ad_zpsppbgljfo.png[/img][/url][/center] ----- [center][size=6][size=5][b][u][font=courier]Comic[/font][/u][/b][/size][/size] [img]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/superdog1994/zephy%20comic%2027.png[/img][/center] ----- [center]Need food? [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/1769596]The Meat Locker[/url] has you covered! Pop in today for some free food![/center] ----- [center][size=6][size=5][b][u][font=courier]Opinion Column[/font][/u][/b][/size][/size] Last time, we asked you a question based on a suggestion of a reader, and a very interesting one at that! What do you like to collect? The responses varied a lot, with not many unpopular options. The most unpopular option -surprisingly- retired items, still ended up with roughly 17% of votes. One of the clans collecting these is Temmith, who is trying to collect all 2014 and 2015 festival items. [i]“Ideally, I would also love to get stuff from 2013 too, but that seems too far from my reach right now. Sooner or later the supply on AH will run out, so I won't get hung up on it.“[/i]. The most popular option was familiars, with nearly half of the readers voting they collected them. Some clans like to collect specific items. I’ve read of a clan collecting Micro Goats, Crystal items, [s]Buttrocks[/s] Living Stones… it seems everyone can have their own unique collection, such as the one below, too. [i]“Butterfly food items! I mostly started collecting them just to collect something, but I have amassed quite a hoard of them.”[/i] - CaptainCrackers [img]http://i.imgur.com/RGVLVkw.png[/img] Idaria from Aquacoral’s clan expressed interest in how you all liked to collect limited familiars, and since that overlaps both the popular option of collecting familiars and the less popular, challenging collecting of retired stuff in general, we might come back to this later. But for now, let’s take a break from collecting and answer a different kind of question. With many new clans joining Sornieth lately, we’d like to ask you how you feel about the relation between older and newer clans. Does age make a difference? [size=6][url=http://goo.gl/forms/OvtkQ5F01O]Go here to answer the next question![/url][/size] [/center]
It has been roughly a month since the last time new clans made the lands of Sornieth their home, but this time the borders had been weakened for a day longer than last time. Could a time with no limitations to new clans be nearing? Even those who study the borders have not been able to tell, but once a discovery is made, we will be sure to let you know!

giraffe_update.png

Beside that, some interesting new genes that go by the names Giraffe and Hex have been spreading very quickly throughout all the regions. Its origins are unknown, but new magical scrolls containing the genes can be bought in the Treasure Marketplace. Depending on the colour the genes can create effects that have reminded some of water, magma, and… er… giraffes?

Wind Flight News

All of you windies are probably getting excited already- the Mistral Jamboree, our flight’s annual festival, will begin the 27th of March!
Be sure to keep your eyes open, since you, dear readers, can spread a message with all of the other readers in one of our future issues regarding the Mistral Jamboree! Soon we will let you know how you can share that small message for that issue of the newspaper, until then, stay tuned!

And, oh, in case you have a really great idea, feel free to share it on the forum version of this issue of the newspaper, and discuss ideas with other readers! One of them might just end up in the festival’s issue!

sig_by_cas_a_fras-d9np1ke.png

Economy Section

Hello, readers! This issue’s Econ section will be on some of the Ghostlight Ruins familiars (with the addition of Giraffe & Hex)!

G:T Ratio - 1:600
Note: This week’s ratio is an estimate due to lack of data, and is not based off an actual calculation. (It’s based off both numbers that have been floating around recently and last week’s ratio).

Aer Phantom - 23g - 17.1kt
Recommendation: No more then 30g and 17.5kt

Lux Spectre - LACK OF DATA - 13.6kt
Recommendation: No more than 40g (based off Aer Phantom, it’s less rare counterpart) and no more than 18kt. (Buy for treasure at the average price; it’s low!)

Carrioncorn - 17g - 10.4kt
Recommendation: No more than 17g and 11kt.

Nightmare - 18g - 12.5kt
Recommendation: No more than 18g 30kt.

Infestation Hound - 14g - 10.8kt
Recommendation: No more than 15g and 11kt.

Wraith Hound - 15g - 12.2kt
Recommendation: No more than 16g and 13kt.

Pronghorn Stomper - 14g - 9.6kt
Recommendation: No more than 15g and 10kt.

Wendigo - NO DATA. Start selling some Wendigos, Sorneith citizens!
----

Giraffe - 330g - 215.7kt
Recommendation: The marketplace price is 225kt and the G:T ratio of 330 is 198kt. So anything more than 225kt is a no-go, and anything under 375g is a good deal.

Hex - 358g - 155.9kt
Recommendation: The marketplace price is 160kt and the G:T ratio of 358 is 214kt. So anything more than 160kt is a no-go, and anything under 266 should be a good deal.

As always, apologize for any mistakes. Calculators are hard to use.
Written by Crackle, representing Yellowfangg.

Dear Windy - Reminder

SiwXCtO.png

Hello everybody! Windy here, just reminding you that if you have a question or need advice on something, I will be more than happy to help you! You don’t have to follow my advice, but sometimes it’s nice to get a second opinion on things, don’t you think?

(((OOC Note: If you would like to send Windy a letter asking for advice, please send your messages to Heliopunk (#93471) or Toothless (#4275).))

Windy Heart

Tell me, windy heart
The gusts of wind that blow all around
My soul as the leaves fall down
Tell me, gusty mind
Why everything slips away on the breeze
As I march on against the winds of life
Tell me, cloudy soul
Why storms arise and blow me all around
As I struggle to hold on to the ground
But I just can’t keep on holding on
And the storm takes me away
Tell me, eyes of green
Why life never seems to stay in one place
And I travel all around as the wind brushes by me
I watch the wind as it’s on its way to somewhere
Just where, I cannot know
But as my life unfurls like a banner in the breeze
I’m starting to realize that, like the wind
I whisper all about to make myself free
Never truly belonging to anything except the skies
But when I’m flying, that’s where I soar
Away from death, away from fear, away from the ground that holds me down
And now I know why, as the wind rushes by,
That I chose the wind and the wind chose me.

Birthdays - Reminder

“Parties are a whirlwind of fun, so let’s celebrate with our fellow Windbros!”
V4i4pvv.png
Sorry everyone, but we don’t have any new birthdays to be featured for March!

Windies, if you have a March birthday and weren’t mentioned in the last issue of The Zephyr, please message my postmaster Toothless (#4275) letting her know, and we’ll get you in the next one. Thank you to all our loyal readers! You are the best!

Until next time, party on!

Chibi-Ad_zpsppbgljfo.png

Comic

zephy%20comic%2027.png

Need food? The Meat Locker has you covered! Pop in today for some free food!

Opinion Column

Last time, we asked you a question based on a suggestion of a reader, and a very interesting one at that! What do you like to collect? The responses varied a lot, with not many unpopular options.
The most unpopular option -surprisingly- retired items, still ended up with roughly 17% of votes. One of the clans collecting these is Temmith, who is trying to collect all 2014 and 2015 festival items. “Ideally, I would also love to get stuff from 2013 too, but that seems too far from my reach right now. Sooner or later the supply on AH will run out, so I won't get hung up on it.“.
The most popular option was familiars, with nearly half of the readers voting they collected them.
Some clans like to collect specific items. I’ve read of a clan collecting Micro Goats, Crystal items, Buttrocks Living Stones… it seems everyone can have their own unique collection, such as the one below, too.
“Butterfly food items! I mostly started collecting them just to collect something, but I have amassed quite a hoard of them.” - CaptainCrackers
RGVLVkw.png
Idaria from Aquacoral’s clan expressed interest in how you all liked to collect limited familiars, and since that overlaps both the popular option of collecting familiars and the less popular, challenging collecting of retired stuff in general, we might come back to this later. But for now, let’s take a break from collecting and answer a different kind of question.
With many new clans joining Sornieth lately, we’d like to ask you how you feel about the relation between older and newer clans. Does age make a difference?
Go here to answer the next question!

JdNuZC1.pngoJDPLnw.jpgBgTpE9C.png