Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Free dragon descriptions [3 slots open]
1 2
I spend a lot of time on descriptions, and lately I've been wondering if these are good enough to sell. I'm taking bio requests + constructive criticism until I feel confident enough to make a post or I get sick of writing these, whatever comes first.

Examples

Narrative / storytelling: x / x / x / x

"Introductory" bios: x / x / x / x or look below

formatting examples (undertale endgame spoilers)

Slots: Available

1. Evergreene - Glitch
2. VoxxVoleur - Skywarn

I take creative liberties while writing unless your request is very detailed - you can request a type of bio, but that by no means guarantees you will receive it. I am a student with not much free time, so the bio might take a couple of days.

If you've requested a free description, please make sure to read and review!
I spend a lot of time on descriptions, and lately I've been wondering if these are good enough to sell. I'm taking bio requests + constructive criticism until I feel confident enough to make a post or I get sick of writing these, whatever comes first.

Examples

Narrative / storytelling: x / x / x / x

"Introductory" bios: x / x / x / x or look below

formatting examples (undertale endgame spoilers)

Slots: Available

1. Evergreene - Glitch
2. VoxxVoleur - Skywarn

I take creative liberties while writing unless your request is very detailed - you can request a type of bio, but that by no means guarantees you will receive it. I am a student with not much free time, so the bio might take a couple of days.

If you've requested a free description, please make sure to read and review!
gM1MTf9.png
[center][b]Examples[/b][/center] [quote name="Izuru"][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6387552] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/63876/6387552_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]HINATA[/b] [right][i]hajime....?[/i][/right] Soulhopper, mind reader, who's to say? All everyone knows is that the young skydancer is sharp with ambition and skilled with more than metalwork, excelling physically and mentally above his peers, and has a "premonition" (with a wink and a smile) when asked how he manages it. There are murmurs that Founder (or Bioshock?) is thinking of replacing him as Clan Seer in Jovian's place, but Izuru always quietly demurs when the topic is broached. Although Boreas might be his father, the two can be seen conferring together like old friends, the Skydancer even perching on Boreas's unscarred flank when brought to made a decision at a Clan meeting. They are already a formidable figure together, in both magic and military might.[/quote] [quote name="Cloudy"][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5235828] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/52359/5235828_350.png[/img] [/url] Despite her predilection for white, no dragon will ever mistake this Coatl for sickly: Cloudy is a writer, and despite her stern demeanor is surprisingly quirky underneath her bandages. The gems on her wings glisten with something more than magic: patches of them are torn off, never to be regrown again. Cloudy rarely bothers to talk to anyone, even her mate, and even in the heat of the Hearth cindervines and creepers wind where she lies. Her five children are from the Light, all of them, and she doesn't answer why. The storm roils about her. Approach warily, though it's probably safe; you don't know where this begins, nor where it ends. [/quote] [quote name="Worm"][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2447215] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/24473/2447215_350.png[/img] [/url] Worm is small even for a Fae, a living jewel before you take a step back to look again: a lithe glimmering creature, scales glowing a lovely Plague-pustule green in the firelight. Despite this she is very much a creature of the earth, fervently religious and often conflicted — Earth scripture dictates that she live a humble life, in subservience to the natural order, but as a mistress to a living network of pathways underground, her domain is large and her service invaluable no matter how you put it. All travellers are guided out through living lava runways, and enemies diverted by the exact same cut off at an inopportune moment. How she came to work with the Earthshaker’s frankly volatile sister is a matter of debate: Worm herself says nothing about it. Perhaps her sense for geography extends to the mind: Izuru keeps her close-at-hand as a minor confidante, and she diverts others from haranguing her by opening impassable cracks in their path. None can ever be found afterwards, no matter how hard one looks. Despite all this, she seems to have peace in her second service, at least — teaching newborn Fire hatchlings to acclimatise to the lava. [/quote]
Examples

Izuru wrote:

6387552_350.png

HINATA

hajime....?

Soulhopper, mind reader, who's to say? All everyone knows is that the young skydancer is sharp with ambition and skilled with more than metalwork, excelling physically and mentally above his peers, and has a "premonition" (with a wink and a smile) when asked how he manages it. There are murmurs that Founder (or Bioshock?) is thinking of replacing him as Clan Seer in Jovian's place, but Izuru always quietly demurs when the topic is broached. Although Boreas might be his father, the two can be seen conferring together like old friends, the Skydancer even perching on Boreas's unscarred flank when brought to made a decision at a Clan meeting. They are already a formidable figure together, in both magic and military might.

Cloudy wrote:

5235828_350.png

Despite her predilection for white, no dragon will ever mistake this Coatl for sickly: Cloudy is a writer, and despite her stern demeanor is surprisingly quirky underneath her bandages. The gems on her wings glisten with something more than magic: patches of them are torn off, never to be regrown again. Cloudy rarely bothers to talk to anyone, even her mate, and even in the heat of the Hearth cindervines and creepers wind where she lies. Her five children are from the Light, all of them, and she doesn't answer why. The storm roils about her. Approach warily, though it's probably safe; you don't know where this begins, nor where it ends.

Worm wrote:

2447215_350.png

Worm is small even for a Fae, a living jewel before you take a step back to look again: a lithe glimmering creature, scales glowing a lovely Plague-pustule green in the firelight. Despite this she is very much a creature of the earth, fervently religious and often conflicted — Earth scripture dictates that she live a humble life, in subservience to the natural order, but as a mistress to a living network of pathways underground, her domain is large and her service invaluable no matter how you put it. All travellers are guided out through living lava runways, and enemies diverted by the exact same cut off at an inopportune moment. How she came to work with the Earthshaker’s frankly volatile sister is a matter of debate: Worm herself says nothing about it. Perhaps her sense for geography extends to the mind: Izuru keeps her close-at-hand as a minor confidante, and she diverts others from haranguing her by opening impassable cracks in their path. None can ever be found afterwards, no matter how hard one looks.

Despite all this, she seems to have peace in her second service, at least — teaching newborn Fire hatchlings to acclimatise to the lava.
gM1MTf9.png
@Heartmane
@Heartmane
gM1MTf9.png
Pinglist for when the shop opens:

VoxxVoleur
Pinglist for when the shop opens:

VoxxVoleur
gM1MTf9.png
[reserved]
[reserved]
gM1MTf9.png
@Heartmane [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18067450] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/180675/18067450_350.png[/img] [/url] could you do one for her, I'm leveling her up for Attor and I think it would be a nice suprise to add a little lore
@Heartmane

18067450_350.png
could you do one for her, I'm leveling her up for Attor and I think it would be a nice suprise to add a little lore
@Evergreene

Sure. Adding you to the list.
@Evergreene

Sure. Adding you to the list.
gM1MTf9.png
@evergreene Done! Don't remove credit, please. [quote name="Glitch"]Both of your parents are a little (very) insane. In retrospect you aren't much better: you volunteered for battle duty on a whim, effectively piping binding runes around your throat and pulling them tight. And you a Shadow dragon; when you first arrived every single pale-eyed teacher stared and whispered things like [i]chaotic[/i] and [i]unreliable[/i] and [i]two-faced[/i]. You didn't mind. They let you in. The other apprentices regard you with disbelief and not a little apprehension. You feel that unease flicker, just a bit, when you're training and your blows land just like everyone else's'. Sooner or later they'll approach you and ask you things like [i]where did you come from?[/i] and[i] what's your name?[/i] and Mother forbid, [i]why did you come here[/i]. You're hoping no one's rude enough to ask, because answering that question means you have to think about it - that you [i]have[/i] thought about it already. (You've decided that when they ask, your answer'll be a chipper "Crippling inadequacy! Couldn't stand it any longer." Which is not entirely wrong. You have issues, alright, that's obvious to everyone, but no one will believe that you ended up here because you wanted to do something [i]constructive[/i].) The real reason: something like duty, something like guilt. Neither one would have spurred you to action, except - your parents are a mess. Your Clan's a mess. Back in the Foxfire Bramble, none of you could see further than your own claws to play cards with. And when you left, everyone was surprised that you weren't cheating scum or a cackling madman or interested in playing cards at all. You just — want to be good. Not in the way society tells you to be, but in a way that lets you fit in. In the language of dragons, good correlates directly with useful. Besides the fact that you feel more fit than you've been in months, you can dare to say this is good. (Yesterday you grinned at a Skydancer after you two-timed a Toridae, and he even smiled back.) And even if it isn’t — well, you’ll survive! You're stuck here for two years, after all, and you know well that anything is better than the dark. [right][font=1]bio by Heartmane[/font][/right] [/quote]
@evergreene

Done! Don't remove credit, please.

Glitch wrote:
Both of your parents are a little (very) insane. In retrospect you aren't much better: you volunteered for battle duty on a whim, effectively piping binding runes around your throat and pulling them tight. And you a Shadow dragon; when you first arrived every single pale-eyed teacher stared and whispered things like chaotic and unreliable and two-faced. You didn't mind. They let you in.

The other apprentices regard you with disbelief and not a little apprehension. You feel that unease flicker, just a bit, when you're training and your blows land just like everyone else's'. Sooner or later they'll approach you and ask you things like where did you come from? and what's your name? and Mother forbid, why did you come here. You're hoping no one's rude enough to ask, because answering that question means you have to think about it - that you have thought about it already.

(You've decided that when they ask, your answer'll be a chipper "Crippling inadequacy! Couldn't stand it any longer." Which is not entirely wrong. You have issues, alright, that's obvious to everyone, but no one will believe that you ended up here because you wanted to do something constructive.)

The real reason: something like duty, something like guilt. Neither one would have spurred you to action, except - your parents are a mess. Your Clan's a mess. Back in the Foxfire Bramble, none of you could see further than your own claws to play cards with. And when you left, everyone was surprised that you weren't cheating scum or a cackling madman or interested in playing cards at all.

You just — want to be good. Not in the way society tells you to be, but in a way that lets you fit in. In the language of dragons, good correlates directly with useful. Besides the fact that you feel more fit than you've been in months, you can dare to say this is good. (Yesterday you grinned at a Skydancer after you two-timed a Toridae, and he even smiled back.) And even if it isn’t — well, you’ll survive! You're stuck here for two years, after all, and you know well that anything is better than the dark.
bio by Heartmane
gM1MTf9.png
@Heartmane Read this and wasn't going to respond due to laziness, but Hinata Hajime...Izuru... *cough* Anyway, these definitely look shop-worthy. Could I be added to a pinglist for when and if it opens? I'm actually starting a shop as well, so if you'd like an affiliate... Then there's my request: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17427903] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/174280/17427903_350.png[/img] [/url] This girl, Skywarn, is in my lair with her brother. He has a mate, she doesn't. I would like to know, why she wants to stay in my lair. Maybe what her ward is...? Her parents do have lore, though her father's isn't up and written yet. He's a Skydancer and the only scout/spy in the clan. He's a very well meaning dragon, even if he flirts his way into and out of places that he shouldn't be going (namely places with information pertaining to clan safety). He's not genuinely interested in the dragons he flirts with, as most are just means to his varying ends. HIs interest in Skywarn's mother was temporary...questionably. Speaking of her mother, Warforge has been with the clan about as long as the father has; more or less since it began. She's also had at least one clutch with all of the other males, who have been around that long. She used to be the clan's blacksmith, but a new dragon skilled in the trade joined the clan, so she gladly stepped down. As a wind dragon, the mother is always considering leaving the clan, but...she hasn't yet. She hasn't found a permanent mate either, nor is she really looking for one. Then there's Skywarn. You can take the context and do whatever you'd like with it. (Interestingly enough the dragon to take over Warforge's job was Skywarn's brother's mate - Warforge's daughter-in-law...probably why she didn't mind). My only request is that it is in third person. Thank you.
@Heartmane

Read this and wasn't going to respond due to laziness, but Hinata Hajime...Izuru... *cough* Anyway, these definitely look shop-worthy. Could I be added to a pinglist for when and if it opens? I'm actually starting a shop as well, so if you'd like an affiliate...

Then there's my request:

17427903_350.png

This girl, Skywarn, is in my lair with her brother. He has a mate, she doesn't. I would like to know, why she wants to stay in my lair. Maybe what her ward is...?

Her parents do have lore, though her father's isn't up and written yet. He's a Skydancer and the only scout/spy in the clan. He's a very well meaning dragon, even if he flirts his way into and out of places that he shouldn't be going (namely places with information pertaining to clan safety). He's not genuinely interested in the dragons he flirts with, as most are just means to his varying ends. HIs interest in Skywarn's mother was temporary...questionably. Speaking of her mother, Warforge has been with the clan about as long as the father has; more or less since it began. She's also had at least one clutch with all of the other males, who have been around that long. She used to be the clan's blacksmith, but a new dragon skilled in the trade joined the clan, so she gladly stepped down. As a wind dragon, the mother is always considering leaving the clan, but...she hasn't yet. She hasn't found a permanent mate either, nor is she really looking for one.

Then there's Skywarn. You can take the context and do whatever you'd like with it. (Interestingly enough the dragon to take over Warforge's job was Skywarn's brother's mate - Warforge's daughter-in-law...probably why she didn't mind). My only request is that it is in third person. Thank you.
4UUQPPZ.gif
@VoxxVoleur

Sure! I was sure no one was going to notice the SDR2 reference Skywarn's going to be fun to write for, and I'd love to affiliate when/if I open a shop. Adding you to the list!
@VoxxVoleur

Sure! I was sure no one was going to notice the SDR2 reference Skywarn's going to be fun to write for, and I'd love to affiliate when/if I open a shop. Adding you to the list!
gM1MTf9.png
1 2