Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Critique my Dragon
1 2
@rembrandt
Sure!
@rembrandt
Sure!
Signature goes here.
@Crazybonez yep yep it's up to you. it doesn't look weird at all with 3 fingers
@Crazybonez yep yep it's up to you. it doesn't look weird at all with 3 fingers
@LoaderBot
Ok cool :) I understand the reasoning tho for a wider wing membrane...the dragon's gotta catch that wind to stay airborne!
@LoaderBot
Ok cool :) I understand the reasoning tho for a wider wing membrane...the dragon's gotta catch that wind to stay airborne!
Signature goes here.
@Crazybonez

The wing looks OK, perhaps it could be slightly larger though? What I mean by "the body curves" is that the hips and back legs angle away from the viewer, (sorry if that makes no sense) but the chest and front legs angle towards it. You've done an excellent job of making it appear 3D, except the legs have slight incorrect angles.

Sorry if that's confusing, but I hope you know what I mean now. As for the tail, there's not much movement, so it's sort of rigid. Maybe have it relax a bit somehow and if you like you can curve it around? I've always found that helps with making tails look natural.

Apart from that, it looks great! =)
@Crazybonez

The wing looks OK, perhaps it could be slightly larger though? What I mean by "the body curves" is that the hips and back legs angle away from the viewer, (sorry if that makes no sense) but the chest and front legs angle towards it. You've done an excellent job of making it appear 3D, except the legs have slight incorrect angles.

Sorry if that's confusing, but I hope you know what I mean now. As for the tail, there's not much movement, so it's sort of rigid. Maybe have it relax a bit somehow and if you like you can curve it around? I've always found that helps with making tails look natural.

Apart from that, it looks great! =)
ZTu6k6.pngGKkegK.png
@rembrandt @MidnightBlossom @LoaderBot @CatBerry [img]http://img06.deviantart.net/b002/i/2015/289/0/5/female_derg_lines_by_crazie_foxx-d9dbdo9.png[/img] -I changed the wing behind her to more closely match the wing in front, tell me which you think looks better. -I also gave her more of a rump -Made less of a curve to the tail. I'm not sure if it looks any better than it did before :/ -Moved the farther-most back leg out a little, which looks better? -Lengthened the left-most forearm to match the length of the other arm. -Brought the chest in a little. I actually plan to bring the wing membrane out and move it a little higher above her leg too. Thoughts?
@rembrandt @MidnightBlossom @LoaderBot @CatBerry

female_derg_lines_by_crazie_foxx-d9dbdo9.png

-I changed the wing behind her to more closely match the wing in front, tell me which you think looks better.

-I also gave her more of a rump

-Made less of a curve to the tail. I'm not sure if it looks any better than it did before :/

-Moved the farther-most back leg out a little, which looks better?

-Lengthened the left-most forearm to match the length of the other arm.

-Brought the chest in a little.

I actually plan to bring the wing membrane out and move it a little higher above her leg too.
Thoughts?
Signature goes here.
@Crazybonez

The best advice I can give you if you're trying to get the anatomy correct:

Start with a skeleton and build up from there.

You'll know where the bones are, what the hips are shaped like, how the skull sits under the skin. From a skeleton, sketch on muscles and now you have your shape. Skin between the spaces and you've got a pretty anatomically correct thing.

Bonus: Starting with a skeleton makes you think about how the things fit together and work. All that beautiful detail you see in other art? Because they studied what's underneath and know how shadows should lay. Example: Your armpit. Pretty hard to draw, huh? Tons easier once you look at an anatomy drawing of shoulder muscles and the parts around.
@Crazybonez

The best advice I can give you if you're trying to get the anatomy correct:

Start with a skeleton and build up from there.

You'll know where the bones are, what the hips are shaped like, how the skull sits under the skin. From a skeleton, sketch on muscles and now you have your shape. Skin between the spaces and you've got a pretty anatomically correct thing.

Bonus: Starting with a skeleton makes you think about how the things fit together and work. All that beautiful detail you see in other art? Because they studied what's underneath and know how shadows should lay. Example: Your armpit. Pretty hard to draw, huh? Tons easier once you look at an anatomy drawing of shoulder muscles and the parts around.
Aey2_zpswdq3gaun.png
@SweetPeony

Thanks for the advice, that makes a ton of sense!
@SweetPeony

Thanks for the advice, that makes a ton of sense!
Signature goes here.
1 2