Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Sun In Your Eyes - [PinkerLovecraftLocke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 38 39
@huntingAlpha Could I get on the pinglist, please?
@huntingAlpha Could I get on the pinglist, please?
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
@SaturdayLemon Absolutely!
@SaturdayLemon Absolutely!
NXwxhXo.png
Day 5: [item=iron belt buckle] I think I hear Pinkerton in the back chanting "I want to know what happens next!" @Pasafatu @SaturdayLemon The next morning, Actius gets up at sunrise and leaves. Marie and Beltane are curled together and he has to step over the guardian's tail to get out the door. There's enough ambient light to see the walls but it's still far from full brightness. He slides out the ripped hole in the wall and begins walking. He keeps his eyes on the sky as the sun rises; if anyone passes overhead, he wants to be able to intercept them. Anyone might know where his sister has gone. He has no clues to where she may be; only that she wanted to visit the Sunbeam Ruins on her own now that she was old enough. He'd passed through the Tangled Wood last month, but, while a few people had seen a dragon that might have been her passing through, she seemed to have left. She would never have been gone this long if something hadn't happened. They are the same, wanting to know about the world outside of Dragonhome. But not at the cost of family and he would like to think she'd send a message if she had started her own family. He meets two clans before the sun has fallen low enough to return home and neither have seen his sister. He flies back to let his feet regain feeling and watches the shattered pattern of shade below him. A brilliant flash like an enormous mirror flares soundlessly in a building below him and he banks sharply to stare. The light was gone as soon as it came but he still spirals down to investigate. This place looks like it might have been used years ago, the way the floors have tidier piles of dust. His cursory inspection turns up a small buckle, not old enough to be rusted but not nearly bright enough to have caused the glare he saw. He pockets it anyway and returns to his companions.
Day 5: Iron Belt Buckle I think I hear Pinkerton in the back chanting "I want to know what happens next!" @Pasafatu @SaturdayLemon

The next morning, Actius gets up at sunrise and leaves. Marie and Beltane are curled together and he has to step over the guardian's tail to get out the door. There's enough ambient light to see the walls but it's still far from full brightness. He slides out the ripped hole in the wall and begins walking.

He keeps his eyes on the sky as the sun rises; if anyone passes overhead, he wants to be able to intercept them. Anyone might know where his sister has gone. He has no clues to where she may be; only that she wanted to visit the Sunbeam Ruins on her own now that she was old enough. He'd passed through the Tangled Wood last month, but, while a few people had seen a dragon that might have been her passing through, she seemed to have left.

She would never have been gone this long if something hadn't happened. They are the same, wanting to know about the world outside of Dragonhome. But not at the cost of family and he would like to think she'd send a message if she had started her own family.

He meets two clans before the sun has fallen low enough to return home and neither have seen his sister. He flies back to let his feet regain feeling and watches the shattered pattern of shade below him. A brilliant flash like an enormous mirror flares soundlessly in a building below him and he banks sharply to stare. The light was gone as soon as it came but he still spirals down to investigate. This place looks like it might have been used years ago, the way the floors have tidier piles of dust. His cursory inspection turns up a small buckle, not old enough to be rusted but not nearly bright enough to have caused the glare he saw. He pockets it anyway and returns to his companions.
NXwxhXo.png
@HuntingAlpha I really do like the way you're incorporating all the item drops into the events and writing. Is this a thing Pickerlockes do usually, or is it your aesthetic?
@HuntingAlpha I really do like the way you're incorporating all the item drops into the events and writing. Is this a thing Pickerlockes do usually, or is it your aesthetic?
bH7MWqP.png
@Pasafatu Some people do, some people don't. I've been trying to tie them in where they fit, but today's does not. Day 6: [item=cursed batling] @SaturdayLemon [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/169514/16951371p.png[/img] Marie, don't look to your left; there's a basilisk. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/169839/16983868p.png[/img] Haha! You should see the size of the strangler staring at you. We need to get out [u]now[/u]. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/141144/14114399p.png[/img] *furious buzzing* Any heal? [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/169839/16983868p.png[/img] I mean I can?? But everything I know is for machinery accidents, not beast wounds! [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/169514/16951371p.png[/img] It's going to have to do. If we can get back, I think you packed a few potions just in case. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/169839/16983868p.png[/img] Remind me to set up a proper chemicals lab when we get back… Did 40 rounds in Woodland path and got a set of lightning acuity fragments for Aquamarine. Might ones were too expensive so sorry Beltane, you have to wait. Thank the deities for healing mobs that let me catch my breath again. We are now level 6 and got a Wildwood Owl too! Familiars like my locke dragons.
@Pasafatu Some people do, some people don't. I've been trying to tie them in where they fit, but today's does not.

Day 6: Cursed Batling @SaturdayLemon

16951371p.png Marie, don't look to your left; there's a basilisk.

16983868p.png Haha! You should see the size of the strangler staring at you. We need to get out now.

14114399p.png *furious buzzing* Any heal?

16983868p.png I mean I can?? But everything I know is for machinery accidents, not beast wounds!

16951371p.png It's going to have to do. If we can get back, I think you packed a few potions just in case.

16983868p.png Remind me to set up a proper chemicals lab when we get back…

Did 40 rounds in Woodland path and got a set of lightning acuity fragments for Aquamarine. Might ones were too expensive so sorry Beltane, you have to wait. Thank the deities for healing mobs that let me catch my breath again. We are now level 6 and got a Wildwood Owl too! Familiars like my locke dragons.
NXwxhXo.png
@HuntingAlpha I'm so sorry. '*furious buzzing*' just got to me and I couldn't stop laughing the whole time. Nice nice.
@HuntingAlpha I'm so sorry. '*furious buzzing*' just got to me and I couldn't stop laughing the whole time. Nice nice.
bH7MWqP.png
Day 7: [item=pulsing relic] @Pasafatu @saturdaylemon It always takes me a while to do art, so today's update will be delayed! I might try to make a banner for today's art. Dragon art will come with later drops! Really Late Edit: The art has arrived! Open in new tab for full view. [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/2c490eb8c5a362947422dc7f48b77464/tumblr_ny3dw24HTy1sdvpjjo1_1280.jpg[/img]
Day 7: Pulsing Relic @Pasafatu @saturdaylemon

It always takes me a while to do art, so today's update will be delayed! I might try to make a banner for today's art. Dragon art will come with later drops!

Really Late Edit: The art has arrived! Open in new tab for full view.

tumblr_ny3dw24HTy1sdvpjjo1_1280.jpg
NXwxhXo.png
@HuntingAlpha "*furious buzzing* Any heal?" Actius is the passive-agressive dps that stands on stuff and grabs aggro off of the tank, and nothing will convince me otherwise.
@HuntingAlpha "*furious buzzing* Any heal?" Actius is the passive-agressive dps that stands on stuff and grabs aggro off of the tank, and nothing will convince me otherwise.
9D8YYS1.png
@Juin XD It's more like trying to raid with someone who doesn't speak your language and is just constantly typing in chat. He's trying to help but it doesn't always make sense to them. Day 8: [item=black iron segment] @Pasafatu @Saturdaylemon Their harrowing experience in the woods leads them to stay inside for the next few days, despite their lowering food stores. Beltane, too heavy to maneuver on the roof, hands up huge solar panels to Marie, who hammers supports and framing to the stones. He keeps busy with clearing the rooms off the walkway, shoring up crumbling walls and beating his wings to clear the dust, coughing and cursing all the way. Though he won't say in front of Marie, he too wishes that this lowly housekeeping wasn't needed and they could just get on with the work. But they're starting a new clan and there is no one else to do it. Actius is always gone by the time they wake up. [item=battered laser coil][item=steelhound core] [item=chrome laser head] In a way their seclusion is ideal; they focus all their energy into finally setting up a work station. After the solar panels come containment, those huge glass cylinders finally aligned and plugged in. Measuring equipment is sorted, hooks placed to keep the wires off the floor, and Marie finally gets the tiny chemical lab set up. But after a few tries with only two successes, she throws up her paws in defeat; they'll need to either buy more potions, find an alchemist who can teach her, or get enough ingredients that failure won't matter. The tundra insists she can figure it out given enough time. Beltane reminds her that they might not have that time should it come down to it. When Actius comes home at night, the Lightning dragons tell him about their progress and he hums politely. He never offers an update and in private they share pitying looks.
@Juin XD It's more like trying to raid with someone who doesn't speak your language and is just constantly typing in chat. He's trying to help but it doesn't always make sense to them.

Day 8: Black Iron Segment @Pasafatu @Saturdaylemon

Their harrowing experience in the woods leads them to stay inside for the next few days, despite their lowering food stores. Beltane, too heavy to maneuver on the roof, hands up huge solar panels to Marie, who hammers supports and framing to the stones. He keeps busy with clearing the rooms off the walkway, shoring up crumbling walls and beating his wings to clear the dust, coughing and cursing all the way. Though he won't say in front of Marie, he too wishes that this lowly housekeeping wasn't needed and they could just get on with the work. But they're starting a new clan and there is no one else to do it. Actius is always gone by the time they wake up.

Battered Laser Coil Steelhound Core Chrome Laser Head

In a way their seclusion is ideal; they focus all their energy into finally setting up a work station. After the solar panels come containment, those huge glass cylinders finally aligned and plugged in. Measuring equipment is sorted, hooks placed to keep the wires off the floor, and Marie finally gets the tiny chemical lab set up. But after a few tries with only two successes, she throws up her paws in defeat; they'll need to either buy more potions, find an alchemist who can teach her, or get enough ingredients that failure won't matter. The tundra insists she can figure it out given enough time. Beltane reminds her that they might not have that time should it come down to it.

When Actius comes home at night, the Lightning dragons tell him about their progress and he hums politely. He never offers an update and in private they share pitying looks.
NXwxhXo.png
@HuntingAlpha Awh, poor Actius... baby.
@HuntingAlpha Awh, poor Actius... baby.
bH7MWqP.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 38 39