Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Cindiana Jones - A Nuzlocke Adventure!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center][b][size=5]Day 2[/size][/b] [rule] Item from Pinkerton: [item=Sandhills Amaranth] // Pinkerton please, don't trap me in the coliseum we're just getting started Item Type: Plant Action: 10-20 Coliseum Battles [rule] Battles Completed: 20 Notable Loot: [item=leafy pack] x2 [item=wildwood owl] [rule] [columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163431/16343055p.png?mtime=VeppCAAALI8.png[/img][i]"At least these things had some treasure on them to make it worth our time. And that owl thing is kinda cute."[/i] //moved into the woodland path. a few tense moments today, but everyone is now level 5! [/center]
Day 2
Item from Pinkerton: Sandhills Amaranth // Pinkerton please, don't trap me in the coliseum we're just getting started
Item Type: Plant
Action: 10-20 Coliseum Battles
Battles Completed: 20
Notable Loot: Leafy Pack x2 Wildwood Owl
16343055p.png?mtime=VeppCAAALI8.png"At least these things had some treasure on them to make it worth our time. And that owl thing is kinda cute."

//moved into the woodland path. a few tense moments today, but everyone is now level 5!

kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
[center][b][size=5]Day 3[/size][/b] [rule] Item from Pinkerton: [item=Greenroot Janustrap] //i'm trying to clean my lair Pinkerton pls Item Type: Familiar Action: Purchase a dragon from the AH [rule] [columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163292/16329117p.png?mtime=VektGgAAJr8.png[/img]][i]"What're you doin' all by yourself, kiddo? S'dangerous around 'ere."[/i] [rule] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16634404] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/166345/16634404_350.png[/img] [/url] "I'm not a kid! I...I just got lost, that's all! But I can take care of myself! I don't need your help!" Regan scowled, scooping the Mirror hatchling up with her tail. "Sure you don't darlin', that's why yer hidin' and look like y'haven't had a decent meal yer whole life. Get outta here, kid, we're not too far in, you should be able t'make it outta the city with no trouble." The hatchling squirmed and struggled in her grip, finally managing to free herself and dropping to the ground in a rather undignified heap. "I would put you down if you'd just-" "Don't mind Reagan, kid." Bones interrupted, shouldering her aside. He smiled at the young hatchling. "I'm Bones. What's your name? And what are you doing in here? It is quite dangerous." The hatchling hesitated. "My name? Er...Nellie. I'm Nellie. And what I'm doing here is none of your business! I told you I could take care of myself and I will! I don't need anyone's help!" "We're not saying you do, Nellie." Cindy soothed, pushing her way into the conversation. "But I know I wouldn't feel right leaving a hatchling all alone here. Look, why don't you come with us?" she said, ignoring Reagan's look of horror. "I'm hunting for treasure and they're guiding me. This is my first time here, too. But the more the merrier I always say!" The hatchling, Nellie, hesitated for a brief moment before clambering up onto Bones' back. "Fine. I've got nothing better to do anyway. Just keep that Coatl away from me! I don't like her." Cindy grinned. "Welcome aboard Nellie! Cindiana Jones is the name, but you can call me Cindy!" [/center]
Day 3
Item from Pinkerton: Greenroot Janustrap //i'm trying to clean my lair Pinkerton pls
Item Type: Familiar
Action: Purchase a dragon from the AH
16329117p.png?mtime=VektGgAAJr8.png]"What're you doin' all by yourself, kiddo? S'dangerous around 'ere."

16634404_350.png

"I'm not a kid! I...I just got lost, that's all! But I can take care of myself! I don't need your help!"

Regan scowled, scooping the Mirror hatchling up with her tail.

"Sure you don't darlin', that's why yer hidin' and look like y'haven't had a decent meal yer whole life. Get outta here, kid, we're not too far in, you should be able t'make it outta the city with no trouble."

The hatchling squirmed and struggled in her grip, finally managing to free herself and dropping to the ground in a rather undignified heap.

"I would put you down if you'd just-"

"Don't mind Reagan, kid." Bones interrupted, shouldering her aside. He smiled at the young hatchling. "I'm Bones. What's your name? And what are you doing in here? It is quite dangerous."

The hatchling hesitated. "My name? Er...Nellie. I'm Nellie. And what I'm doing here is none of your business! I told you I could take care of myself and I will! I don't need anyone's help!"

"We're not saying you do, Nellie." Cindy soothed, pushing her way into the conversation. "But I know I wouldn't feel right leaving a hatchling all alone here. Look, why don't you come with us?" she said, ignoring Reagan's look of horror. "I'm hunting for treasure and they're guiding me. This is my first time here, too. But the more the merrier I always say!"

The hatchling, Nellie, hesitated for a brief moment before clambering up onto Bones' back.

"Fine. I've got nothing better to do anyway. Just keep that Coatl away from me! I don't like her."

Cindy grinned.

"Welcome aboard Nellie! Cindiana Jones is the name, but you can call me Cindy!"
kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
[center][b][size=5]Day 4[/size][/b] [rule] Item from Pinkerton: [item=Shattered Ceramic Shard] // finally I'm free from plants Item Type: Material Action: Writing [rule] They had been walking for hours now. Or rather, Bones and Cindy had been walking, Reagan was hovering above them, and their newest companion Nellie had taken to jumping from shattered pillar to crumbling wall in search of new paths to explore. The sun was high overhead now, but only a few errant rays penetrated the thick mist cloaking the ruined city. "We've come quite far in, haven't we?" Cindy observed, looking back over her shoulder. Bones had lead them on a twisting path through the city, seeming almost to choose directions at random. They were passing through the empty shell of what may have been a small temple of some sort, now almost completely overgrown by redwoods. Small birds twittered among the foliage as their tiny eyes followed the movement of the travelers through their domain. "Not much farther now." Bones assured her. "Should be just through here...Ah! There it is!" Despite his bulk the Snapper could put on quite a turn of speed, and the others were left panting in his dust as they followed behind him. Bones skidded to a halt in front of a door half-hidden behind a decayed tapestry. The wooden portal was set into the only intact wall of the temple remaining, and while the wood was rotted and warped with age the metal lock and hinges seemed to be in good shape. "How did you know this was here, Bones?" Cindy asked, incredulous. "We Snappers tend to wander a lot." he answered, seeming to believe this was sufficient. "May I see your map please? Thank you...What do you think Reagan? This look like the place?" His partner regarded the map closely. "I'd say so. Like you said, this map is old, but lookit the close-up they drew. 'Tis almost exactly the same, 'ceptin' it looks a lot newer. An' 'x' marks the spot as usual." "It looks as though at one point it was hidden behind this tapestry." Cindy said, journal in hand. She had been making small notes and sketches while the guides talked. "Why would they go to such trouble to hide it? There must be something quite valuable in there." "Well you said you were looking for treasure right?" Nellie chirped from somewhere a bit farther away. She was leaning back on her haunches, looking up at the tapestry. "Probably lots of gold 'n stuff, right? Everyone knows some of the temples steal. And what do all these pictures mean?" Cindy made her way over and looked up in the direction of the young dragon's pointing claw. Though mostly rotted away and the colours faded, she could still make out a few images of what appeared to be two-legged creatures standing around a strange, circular device that was emitting some kind of...light? Energy? She couldn't say for sure. The sudden sound of crunching wood and metal on stone broke the Pearlcatcher from her reverie and Regan's voice hailed her. "Oi, what're you waitin' for Jones! Let's get a move on an' get yer treasure so we aren't stuck in 'ere all night!" "Oh! Yes! Er, I'll be right there!" she called back, not bothering to conceal the grin spreading across her face. "Let's go, Nellie! There's treasure to be had!" Bones had succeeded in opening the locked door by way of ramming into it, and it now hung drunkenly on its frame. Warm, dry air billowed forth from the darkness beyond, and stone steps stretched down and disappeared somewhere far below. A shiver of fear passed through the body of Cindiana Jones, but was quickly suppressed by the growing swell of excitement. This was her first real adventure and the end was almost in sight. "Well then everybody, let's go get us some treasure!" [rule] //next material we'll actually let them see the treasure. this is real short today because I am exhausted [/center]
Day 4
Item from Pinkerton: Shattered Ceramic Shard // finally I'm free from plants
Item Type: Material
Action: Writing

They had been walking for hours now. Or rather, Bones and Cindy had been walking, Reagan was hovering above them, and their newest companion Nellie had taken to jumping from shattered pillar to crumbling wall in search of new paths to explore. The sun was high overhead now, but only a few errant rays penetrated the thick mist cloaking the ruined city.

"We've come quite far in, haven't we?" Cindy observed, looking back over her shoulder. Bones had lead them on a twisting path through the city, seeming almost to choose directions at random. They were passing through the empty shell of what may have been a small temple of some sort, now almost completely overgrown by redwoods. Small birds twittered among the foliage as their tiny eyes followed the movement of the travelers through their domain.

"Not much farther now." Bones assured her. "Should be just through here...Ah! There it is!"

Despite his bulk the Snapper could put on quite a turn of speed, and the others were left panting in his dust as they followed behind him.

Bones skidded to a halt in front of a door half-hidden behind a decayed tapestry. The wooden portal was set into the only intact wall of the temple remaining, and while the wood was rotted and warped with age the metal lock and hinges seemed to be in good shape.

"How did you know this was here, Bones?" Cindy asked, incredulous.

"We Snappers tend to wander a lot." he answered, seeming to believe this was sufficient. "May I see your map please? Thank you...What do you think Reagan? This look like the place?"

His partner regarded the map closely.

"I'd say so. Like you said, this map is old, but lookit the close-up they drew. 'Tis almost exactly the same, 'ceptin' it looks a lot newer. An' 'x' marks the spot as usual."

"It looks as though at one point it was hidden behind this tapestry." Cindy said, journal in hand. She had been making small notes and sketches while the guides talked. "Why would they go to such trouble to hide it? There must be something quite valuable in there."

"Well you said you were looking for treasure right?" Nellie chirped from somewhere a bit farther away. She was leaning back on her haunches, looking up at the tapestry. "Probably lots of gold 'n stuff, right? Everyone knows some of the temples steal. And what do all these pictures mean?"

Cindy made her way over and looked up in the direction of the young dragon's pointing claw. Though mostly rotted away and the colours faded, she could still make out a few images of what appeared to be two-legged creatures standing around a strange, circular device that was emitting some kind of...light? Energy? She couldn't say for sure.

The sudden sound of crunching wood and metal on stone broke the Pearlcatcher from her reverie and Regan's voice hailed her.

"Oi, what're you waitin' for Jones! Let's get a move on an' get yer treasure so we aren't stuck in 'ere all night!"

"Oh! Yes! Er, I'll be right there!" she called back, not bothering to conceal the grin spreading across her face. "Let's go, Nellie! There's treasure to be had!"

Bones had succeeded in opening the locked door by way of ramming into it, and it now hung drunkenly on its frame. Warm, dry air billowed forth from the darkness beyond, and stone steps stretched down and disappeared somewhere far below.

A shiver of fear passed through the body of Cindiana Jones, but was quickly suppressed by the growing swell of excitement. This was her first real adventure and the end was almost in sight.

"Well then everybody, let's go get us some treasure!"

//next material we'll actually let them see the treasure. this is real short today because I am exhausted

kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
[center][b][size=5]Day 5[/size][/b] [rule] Item from Pinkerton: [item=Dwarf Mushroom] // really, Pinkerton? really? Item Type: Plant Action: 10-20 Coliseum Battles [rule] Battles Completed: 20 Notable Loot: n/a [rule] [columns] //things are heating up! I forgot how stressful the coli could be. Nellie is still too young to fight but Cindy, Bones and Reagan are now level 6! [/center]
Day 5
Item from Pinkerton: Dwarf Mushroom // really, Pinkerton? really?
Item Type: Plant
Action: 10-20 Coliseum Battles
Battles Completed: 20
Notable Loot: n/a

//things are heating up! I forgot how stressful the coli could be. Nellie is still too young to fight but Cindy, Bones and Reagan are now level 6!

kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
[center][b][size=5]Day 6[/size][/b] [rule] Item from Pinkerton: [item=Searing bunny] // well it's not plants Item Type: Meat Action: 40-50 Coliseum Battles [rule] Battles Completed: 40 Notable Loot: [item=leafy pack] x1 [item=Blazing Slash] x1 [item=Fiery Might Fragment] x1 [item=Neutral Might Fragment] [rule] [columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163431/16343055p.png?mtime=VeppCAAALI8.png[/img][i]"We must be getting close! These monsters are tough!"[/i] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163292/16329117p.png[/img][i]"All I know is that this is th'longest set 'o stairs I've ever used in me life. Keep up young'un, I ain't waitin' for you!"[/i] [rule] //It's getting tough now! Got Cindy, Bones, and Reagan to level 7 and we've moved into the Scorched Forest! It is [i]brutal.[/i] Still haven't lost anyone yet so let's tempt fate :D [/center]
Day 6
Item from Pinkerton: Searing Bunny // well it's not plants
Item Type: Meat
Action: 40-50 Coliseum Battles
Battles Completed: 40
Notable Loot: Leafy Pack x1 Blazing Slash x1 Fiery Might Fragment x1
16343055p.png?mtime=VeppCAAALI8.png"We must be getting close! These monsters are tough!"

16329117p.png"All I know is that this is th'longest set 'o stairs I've ever used in me life. Keep up young'un, I ain't waitin' for you!"

//It's getting tough now! Got Cindy, Bones, and Reagan to level 7 and we've moved into the Scorched Forest! It is brutal. Still haven't lost anyone yet so let's tempt fate :D

kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
[center][b][size=5]Day 7[/size][/b] [rule] Item from Pinkerton: [item=Brilliant Feather Cluster] // okay let's see how well this turns out I'm working on like 4 hours sleep Item Type: Material Action: Writing [rule] Eventually the weak light filtering down through the door had faded and Cindy and Bones had strung glowing pocket baubles around their necks, illuminating the dust coated staircase with a soft, golden light. Reagan had found an ancient bracken torch in a wall sconce and now held the smouldering remains aloft with her tail. Nellie had perched on Bones' back again, clinging tight to his spine plates. "Are we there yet?" the Mirror whined, for what felt the hundreth time. "This is the one time I'll agree with you, kid. If we don't get there soon I'm turnin' back." Reagan said, gesturing with her torch and causing sparks to dance. "We're almost there, I can just feel it!" Cindy exclaimed, though in truth she was a little uncertain. The air had grown cold now, and the thick smell of old earth hung over them. "We are quite far underground." Bones agreed. "I don't think they could risk building any farther without the whole structure above becoming unstable and a constant threat of collapse." "You're right. But let's keep going a little further, they wouldn't have gone to so much trouble to hide the door in the first place if they wanted to make this stuff easy to find...Wait! Is that something up ahead?" The Pearlcatcher raced ahead without waiting for her companions. And indeed her eyes had told the truth. A faint, flickering light could just be made out around the loop of the stairs, and as Cindy rounded the bend she was greeted to a pair of torches burning with an eerie blue light on either side of an intricate archway. "What in th'Flamecaller's name?" Reagan said but Cindy did not hear her, having already dashed ahead, her heart pounding and a wild grin on her face. This was it! Her first real treasure and she'd found it! She was a real adventurer now; no more laughing clan mates or disbelieving strangers! This was her ticket to fame! This was-- She skidded to a halt, tearing a paw claw in her efforts to slow down. The room the archway opened into was absolutely massive, held up by pillars that were bigger around than a pair of Spirals were long that disappeared into the gloom above. The stones of the walls were covered with sweeping murals, with dim light cast upon them from a few guttering, blue-flamed torches. At the far end there looked to be a pedastal of some sort which sat in front of a towering circular structure. It was truly an amazing feat of ancient architecture, but it was also completely... "Empty!" ------------------------------------------- "I can't believe it's empty! What will my mother say when I go back with nothing to show? I'm a failure as an adventurer!" Cindy moaned, head in her paws. Bones gave her a comforting pat on the shoulder. "There, there, it's alright." he said, somewhat awkwardly. "You'll, well I'm sure you'll find something else you can try and go after if you stay in the Hewn City a while. This place is filled with all sorts of things that got left behind when it was abandoned. Just because there's no treasure here doesn't mean there's no treasure at all." Reagan and Nellie had wandered on ahead, the Mirror to explore the structure and the far end of the room and the Coatl to suspiciously study the torches that illuminated the wall murals. "This ain't no nat'ral fire." she murmured to herself, testing the flickering flames with her paw. "It ain't even hot. Never seen anything like this, not even back 'ome. Can't imagine what ol' Mather'd 'ave t'say about it." "Hey everyone! Come 'nd look at this!" Nellie's voice echoed down the chamber. The Mirror was standing in front of the large structure on her hind legs, swiping at the dust and cobwebs of centuries and coughing as she did so. "Look! Look!" she said, her words punctuated by sneezes as the other three made their way over, "It looks like a mirror or something! [i]Hachoo![/i] Like a real one! [i]Choo![/i] Isn't that cool? Look, there I am!" She sat back and waved both of her front paws and her clone image waved back from the dark glass. Stifling a sniffle Cindy moved closer, peering curiously at the reflective surface. "That's a bit odd." She said, tilting her head quizically. "Look closer. It doesn't appear to reflect the room, just us." "Well it is quite dark in here." Bones observed with a shrug. "Perhaps too dark to show much of a reflection. I've never seen a mirror quite this large before. Or heard about one for that matter. But it wouldn't surprise me that the Hewn City still has many secrets it doesn't want to share...What was that?" The Snapper moved in until his beak touched the mirror's surface, squinting in to the dark depths. "What? What did you see?" Cindy asked, gripping his foreleg. Bones was silent for a long moment. "I'm...I'm not really sure. For a moment I thought I saw another dragon. Not one of us...someone else..." He rubbed at this eyes. "Probably just a trick of the eyes and a tired mind." The four companions said nothing, each lost in their own thoughts. Bones looked somewhat shaken despite what he had said, and Cindy's face was a mask of disappointment. Reagan broke the silence. "Hey wonder girl, why's yer bag glowin'?" "Why's my? What?" Cindy craned her neck to meet the Coatl's gaze, and then her eyes fell to her pack, and sure enough their was a dim glow radiating from within. "What...?" she asked again. "Those don't look like my pocket baubles...It couldn't be...?" Dropping her pack to ground she upended the contents on the dusty stone floor, swiftly catching her pearl before it could roll away. Five pairs of eyes fell upon the journal where she had kept... "The map!" The faded parchment was unfolded and laid flat on the floor. The original inscriptions had disappeared, replaced by a few short lines written in ancient text. It was still glowing. "Well, what does it say?" Nellie asked, impatient. "Don't keep us waiting!" "I, I'm not sure if I can read this. It's very old. It looks like the rune script used by the primordial dragons, but I can't be sure..." Cindy said, and brought the map closer to her face. "Um...if this really rune script then I think it says....[i]'Hold the map aloft before the Three Thousand Year Mirror and your path shall be made clear...'[/i] That's all I can understand anyway, I don't fully recognize these other symbols." Nellie was nearly hopping up and down with excitement. "This is so cool! What're you waiting for? Hold the map up, I wanna see what happens!" Bones' face was wreathed in a wide smile. "See, I told you! You're bound to find treasure around here! Hold the map up Cindy and let's see what happens!" Cindy's paws were shaking. "I...yes. Yes, let's! There might be some treasure here yet! Heh, I should've expected it wasn't going to be that easy! Um, I suppose I need to stand on that pedastal don't I? That would make the most sense to me." The pedastal in question was a raised, round structure that sat a few feet away from the mirror. Admittedly feeling a little silly, Cindy took a deep breath, shut her eyes, and held the map up in the air. All was quiet for a few seconds, and she cautiously cracked open one eye. "Well? Did anything happen? I don't think anything's going to - Whoa!" And she was enveloped in a silverly light. Bones, Reagan and Nellie could only look on as the Pearlcatcher disappeared in the light, dancing out of the way as it spread out from the pedastal beneath her to form archaic patterns beneath their paws. There was no sound, only blinding light and all they could do was shut their eyes against it and hope for the best. It was over as soon as it had begun. The symbols faded from the ground, the light seemed to retract back into the map, and Cindy was right back where she had been before, though perhaps looking somewhat drained. The other three crowded around her, gazing at the map she held in limp paws. The parchment's surface had changed again, now displaying a map of modern Sornieth with most of its landmarks visible. As they watched, the map changed again. Shimmering green light highlighted an area to the southwest and a swirling vortex appeared. In the eye of the vortex a picture of what appeared to be a key materialzed. "What in the Eleven's name was that!" Reagan shouted, backing away hurriedly. "I didn't sign up fer this!" "Reagan calm down!" Bones said sharply, though the Snapper's face betrayed his own fear. "It looks to me like this map is trying to lead us somewhere new. What do you think, Cindy?" The Pearlcatcher's eyes were glued to the map. "Well...That's the Windswept Plateau, where I'm from...and that vortex can only be the Twisting Crescendo. I don't know what that key means though...I've never read about anything like this before. Keys? Three Thousand Year Mirror? This is all new to me." Very carefully she refolded the map and went to retrieve her bag, gathering up her belongings. "And...I don't know about all of you...but I think I'm going to go after this thing! I have to see where it's leading with my own two eyes. This adventure isn't over yet, and if you think I'm going to give up now then you don't know Cindiana Jones!" The silence that followed was broken by Nellie who threw herself flat on the ground. "You know? I'm really starting to think I should have just stayed in that rubble." [rule] // well there you go. What's going to happen next? I don't even know, guess we'll just have to wait and see what Pinkerton gives me. [/center]
Day 7
Item from Pinkerton: Brilliant Feather Cluster // okay let's see how well this turns out I'm working on like 4 hours sleep
Item Type: Material
Action: Writing

Eventually the weak light filtering down through the door had faded and Cindy and Bones had strung glowing pocket baubles around their necks, illuminating the dust coated staircase with a soft, golden light. Reagan had found an ancient bracken torch in a wall sconce and now held the smouldering remains aloft with her tail.

Nellie had perched on Bones' back again, clinging tight to his spine plates.

"Are we there yet?" the Mirror whined, for what felt the hundreth time.

"This is the one time I'll agree with you, kid. If we don't get there soon I'm turnin' back." Reagan said, gesturing with her torch and causing sparks to dance.

"We're almost there, I can just feel it!" Cindy exclaimed, though in truth she was a little uncertain. The air had grown cold now, and the thick smell of old earth hung over them.

"We are quite far underground." Bones agreed. "I don't think they could risk building any farther without the whole structure above becoming unstable and a constant threat of collapse."

"You're right. But let's keep going a little further, they wouldn't have gone to so much trouble to hide the door in the first place if they wanted to make this stuff easy to find...Wait! Is that something up ahead?"

The Pearlcatcher raced ahead without waiting for her companions. And indeed her eyes had told the truth. A faint, flickering light could just be made out around the loop of the stairs, and as Cindy rounded the bend she was greeted to a pair of torches burning with an eerie blue light on either side of an intricate archway.

"What in th'Flamecaller's name?" Reagan said but Cindy did not hear her, having already dashed ahead, her heart pounding and a wild grin on her face.

This was it! Her first real treasure and she'd found it! She was a real adventurer now; no more laughing clan mates or disbelieving strangers! This was her ticket to fame! This was--

She skidded to a halt, tearing a paw claw in her efforts to slow down. The room the archway opened into was absolutely massive, held up by pillars that were bigger around than a pair of Spirals were long that disappeared into the gloom above. The stones of the walls were covered with sweeping murals, with dim light cast upon them from a few guttering, blue-flamed torches.

At the far end there looked to be a pedastal of some sort which sat in front of a towering circular structure.

It was truly an amazing feat of ancient architecture, but it was also completely...

"Empty!"

"I can't believe it's empty! What will my mother say when I go back with nothing to show? I'm a failure as an adventurer!" Cindy moaned, head in her paws.

Bones gave her a comforting pat on the shoulder.

"There, there, it's alright." he said, somewhat awkwardly. "You'll, well I'm sure you'll find something else you can try and go after if you stay in the Hewn City a while. This place is filled with all sorts of things that got left behind when it was abandoned. Just because there's no treasure here doesn't mean there's no treasure at all."

Reagan and Nellie had wandered on ahead, the Mirror to explore the structure and the far end of the room and the Coatl to suspiciously study the torches that illuminated the wall murals.

"This ain't no nat'ral fire." she murmured to herself, testing the flickering flames with her paw. "It ain't even hot. Never seen anything like this, not even back 'ome. Can't imagine what ol' Mather'd 'ave t'say about it."

"Hey everyone! Come 'nd look at this!" Nellie's voice echoed down the chamber.

The Mirror was standing in front of the large structure on her hind legs, swiping at the dust and cobwebs of centuries and coughing as she did so.

"Look! Look!" she said, her words punctuated by sneezes as the other three made their way over, "It looks like a mirror or something! Hachoo! Like a real one! Choo! Isn't that cool? Look, there I am!"

She sat back and waved both of her front paws and her clone image waved back from the dark glass.

Stifling a sniffle Cindy moved closer, peering curiously at the reflective surface.

"That's a bit odd." She said, tilting her head quizically. "Look closer. It doesn't appear to reflect the room, just us."

"Well it is quite dark in here." Bones observed with a shrug. "Perhaps too dark to show much of a reflection. I've never seen a mirror quite this large before. Or heard about one for that matter. But it wouldn't surprise me that the Hewn City still has many secrets it doesn't want to share...What was that?"

The Snapper moved in until his beak touched the mirror's surface, squinting in to the dark depths.

"What? What did you see?" Cindy asked, gripping his foreleg.

Bones was silent for a long moment.

"I'm...I'm not really sure. For a moment I thought I saw another dragon. Not one of us...someone else..." He rubbed at this eyes. "Probably just a trick of the eyes and a tired mind."

The four companions said nothing, each lost in their own thoughts. Bones looked somewhat shaken despite what he had said, and Cindy's face was a mask of disappointment.

Reagan broke the silence.

"Hey wonder girl, why's yer bag glowin'?"

"Why's my? What?" Cindy craned her neck to meet the Coatl's gaze, and then her eyes fell to her pack, and sure enough their was a dim glow radiating from within.

"What...?" she asked again. "Those don't look like my pocket baubles...It couldn't be...?"

Dropping her pack to ground she upended the contents on the dusty stone floor, swiftly catching her pearl before it could roll away. Five pairs of eyes fell upon the journal where she had kept...

"The map!"

The faded parchment was unfolded and laid flat on the floor. The original inscriptions had disappeared, replaced by a few short lines written in ancient text. It was still glowing.

"Well, what does it say?" Nellie asked, impatient. "Don't keep us waiting!"

"I, I'm not sure if I can read this. It's very old. It looks like the rune script used by the primordial dragons, but I can't be sure..." Cindy said, and brought the map closer to her face.

"Um...if this really rune script then I think it says....'Hold the map aloft before the Three Thousand Year Mirror and your path shall be made clear...' That's all I can understand anyway, I don't fully recognize these other symbols."

Nellie was nearly hopping up and down with excitement.

"This is so cool! What're you waiting for? Hold the map up, I wanna see what happens!"

Bones' face was wreathed in a wide smile.

"See, I told you! You're bound to find treasure around here! Hold the map up Cindy and let's see what happens!"

Cindy's paws were shaking. "I...yes. Yes, let's! There might be some treasure here yet! Heh, I should've expected it wasn't going to be that easy! Um, I suppose I need to stand on that pedastal don't I? That would make the most sense to me."

The pedastal in question was a raised, round structure that sat a few feet away from the mirror. Admittedly feeling a little silly, Cindy took a deep breath, shut her eyes, and held the map up in the air.

All was quiet for a few seconds, and she cautiously cracked open one eye.

"Well? Did anything happen? I don't think anything's going to - Whoa!"

And she was enveloped in a silverly light.

Bones, Reagan and Nellie could only look on as the Pearlcatcher disappeared in the light, dancing out of the way as it spread out from the pedastal beneath her to form archaic patterns beneath their paws. There was no sound, only blinding light and all they could do was shut their eyes against it and hope for the best.

It was over as soon as it had begun. The symbols faded from the ground, the light seemed to retract back into the map, and Cindy was right back where she had been before, though perhaps looking somewhat drained.

The other three crowded around her, gazing at the map she held in limp paws. The parchment's surface had changed again, now displaying a map of modern Sornieth with most of its landmarks visible.

As they watched, the map changed again. Shimmering green light highlighted an area to the southwest and a swirling vortex appeared. In the eye of the vortex a picture of what appeared to be a key materialzed.

"What in the Eleven's name was that!" Reagan shouted, backing away hurriedly. "I didn't sign up fer this!"

"Reagan calm down!" Bones said sharply, though the Snapper's face betrayed his own fear. "It looks to me like this map is trying to lead us somewhere new. What do you think, Cindy?"

The Pearlcatcher's eyes were glued to the map.

"Well...That's the Windswept Plateau, where I'm from...and that vortex can only be the Twisting Crescendo. I don't know what that key means though...I've never read about anything like this before. Keys? Three Thousand Year Mirror? This is all new to me."

Very carefully she refolded the map and went to retrieve her bag, gathering up her belongings.

"And...I don't know about all of you...but I think I'm going to go after this thing! I have to see where it's leading with my own two eyes. This adventure isn't over yet, and if you think I'm going to give up now then you don't know Cindiana Jones!"

The silence that followed was broken by Nellie who threw herself flat on the ground.

"You know? I'm really starting to think I should have just stayed in that rubble."

// well there you go. What's going to happen next? I don't even know, guess we'll just have to wait and see what Pinkerton gives me.

kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
@Artorias
Wow! You are a super good writer! May I be added to the pinglist?
@Artorias
Wow! You are a super good writer! May I be added to the pinglist?
[center][b][size=5]Day 8[/size][/b] [rule] Item from Pinkerton: [item=Red Birdskull Headress] Item Type: Apparel Action: Breed 2 dragons or gene one dragon. [rule] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16329117] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/163292/16329117_350.png[/img] [/url] [rule] //none of my nuzlocke dragons can breed yet and I have no space for nests, so Reagan got tiger because I hate ripple. May she have a long life with her new gene @Crystalcave Oh, thank you very much! And you most certainly may c: Did you only want to be pinged for the writing updates or would you like all updates? [/center]
Day 8
Item from Pinkerton:
Item Type: Apparel
Action: Breed 2 dragons or gene one dragon.

16329117_350.png

//none of my nuzlocke dragons can breed yet and I have no space for nests, so Reagan got tiger because I hate ripple. May she have a long life with her new gene

@Crystalcave

Oh, thank you very much! And you most certainly may c: Did you only want to be pinged for the writing updates or would you like all updates?

kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
@Artorias
ALL UPDATES!!! I need to know everything! Knowledge is power!!!
@Artorias
ALL UPDATES!!! I need to know everything! Knowledge is power!!!
@Crystalcave

Added c: I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far and hopefully you continue to~
@Crystalcave

Added c: I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far and hopefully you continue to~
kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8