Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Midnight Sun: A Nuzlocke Story [hiatus]
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 36 37
@Cerastes !!!!!
@Cerastes !!!!!
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@Cerastes
Please put me on the pinglist for new updates^^
@Cerastes
Please put me on the pinglist for new updates^^
signature_fr_soleillune_by_vampireselene13-d906e30.png
Yaaasss an update! Praise!
Yaaasss an update! Praise!
tumblr_inline_o8pnmbVxfC1ts73zp_540.png
@Cerastes
Could you put me on the pinglist? I just finished binging this story and AAAA I love it!!!
@Cerastes
Could you put me on the pinglist? I just finished binging this story and AAAA I love it!!!
Thank you all for sticking around through my spotty updates! Another chapter is in the works, I promise you won't have to wait months again :)

@tigressRising - It's always been in the back of my mind, just a combo of college and writer's block keeping me away. Hope to start posting a little more regularly now, though! And I'd love to read some of the lore you're working on! :3

@WillowWhisper - Yesss, and FINALLY got around to introducing the dragon you so kindly donated to me! I've got big plans for him...

@ArgenteaMoon - !!!!! I know!

@Stormsinger - Yeah, and it's about time! Thanks for sticking around!

@Whimzica, @Soleil, @Zexeos - all added, thanks for the interest!
Thank you all for sticking around through my spotty updates! Another chapter is in the works, I promise you won't have to wait months again :)

@tigressRising - It's always been in the back of my mind, just a combo of college and writer's block keeping me away. Hope to start posting a little more regularly now, though! And I'd love to read some of the lore you're working on! :3

@WillowWhisper - Yesss, and FINALLY got around to introducing the dragon you so kindly donated to me! I've got big plans for him...

@ArgenteaMoon - !!!!! I know!

@Stormsinger - Yeah, and it's about time! Thanks for sticking around!

@Whimzica, @Soleil, @Zexeos - all added, thanks for the interest!
Just a little snippet today! Big things coming soon...

Chime had never before met a tundra she’d describe as dangerous, but Claudius had an air of ruthlessness about him, as sleek and dark as the royals were bright and overdone. If Eleanor was a candlelight and Brighton was a blustering hearthfire, this fireborn was a coal, smoldering unseen but always with the possibility of violent ignition.

“I trust you’ve not arranged this meeting to waste my time?”

“Of course not, my good sir.” Chime offered him a charming smile, but he simply raised an eyebrow and waited for her to continue. “You are familiar with the phrase coup d’etat?

The big tundra’s eyes widened almost imperceptibly. “I should think so. I was not yet born when the Ladicis rose to power, but it’s quite the point of contention in my family, as you can imagine.”

“You know, I can.” She paused for a moment, thinking. Her next words had to fall carefully. “Such a shame, isn’t it, when a loving couple can’t produce a child?”

“Indeed.” There was a false somberness in his reply. “A tragedy. I’ve heard the rumors, of course, about Eleanor being barren. Now they’ve pulled that heir out of thin air, though, which is the next best thing for them...”

“Oh, she’s not the real Victoria. Only a passable lookalike. Un mensonge.”

Claudius didn’t look surprised. “I assumed as much. No way to prove that, though.”

“What if I told you that very soon, it won’t matter?” She’d dropped her volume a few levels, conspiratorial, for dramatic effect. She also didn’t mind that he had to lean in a little closer to hear her – he was, she had to admit, quite handsome. “Imagine that the heir disappears mere days after her recovery – what then?”

The tundra flicked his wings, thinking it over. “That would be very unfortunate indeed. It would reflect rather badly on the Ladicis.”

“I can make it happen.” Time to cut to the chase. “If your people can be ready, soon.”

Claudius studied her for a long moment before he spoke. “They could be. How do I know this isn’t a trap? What’s in it for you?”

“Ah, see, we understand each other well. Eleanor and I had struck a deal. Her “heir” for my full immunity. Absolvement from all past crimes recognized by the fireborn governing bodies. I fear, though, that she does not intend to hold up her end of the bargain, and I may have overestimated her family’s reach here. The Fengs, however...I’ve heard you have friends in high places, non?”

“Yes,” Claudius rumbled, “that’s correct, but don’t presume to flatter me. I’ll need to time to consider this. Expect a messenger before noon. Would you be able to set these plans in motion by tonight?”

“Tonight?” Her mind was racing. “Oui, I suppose so.”

“Good. You’ll be hearing from me.”

Chime lingered for a moment as the big tundra walked away. On the walls of the dim passageway they’d chosen to meet, large portraits of long-dead rulers stared down at her, disapproving, and she shivered under their gaze. She was skirting around the edges of a massive web here, pulling the precise strings she needed to make the spiders dance. Touch upon the wrong one, though, and she’d be stuck fast. Best take care to slip out of the net before it closed around her.
Just a little snippet today! Big things coming soon...

Chime had never before met a tundra she’d describe as dangerous, but Claudius had an air of ruthlessness about him, as sleek and dark as the royals were bright and overdone. If Eleanor was a candlelight and Brighton was a blustering hearthfire, this fireborn was a coal, smoldering unseen but always with the possibility of violent ignition.

“I trust you’ve not arranged this meeting to waste my time?”

“Of course not, my good sir.” Chime offered him a charming smile, but he simply raised an eyebrow and waited for her to continue. “You are familiar with the phrase coup d’etat?

The big tundra’s eyes widened almost imperceptibly. “I should think so. I was not yet born when the Ladicis rose to power, but it’s quite the point of contention in my family, as you can imagine.”

“You know, I can.” She paused for a moment, thinking. Her next words had to fall carefully. “Such a shame, isn’t it, when a loving couple can’t produce a child?”

“Indeed.” There was a false somberness in his reply. “A tragedy. I’ve heard the rumors, of course, about Eleanor being barren. Now they’ve pulled that heir out of thin air, though, which is the next best thing for them...”

“Oh, she’s not the real Victoria. Only a passable lookalike. Un mensonge.”

Claudius didn’t look surprised. “I assumed as much. No way to prove that, though.”

“What if I told you that very soon, it won’t matter?” She’d dropped her volume a few levels, conspiratorial, for dramatic effect. She also didn’t mind that he had to lean in a little closer to hear her – he was, she had to admit, quite handsome. “Imagine that the heir disappears mere days after her recovery – what then?”

The tundra flicked his wings, thinking it over. “That would be very unfortunate indeed. It would reflect rather badly on the Ladicis.”

“I can make it happen.” Time to cut to the chase. “If your people can be ready, soon.”

Claudius studied her for a long moment before he spoke. “They could be. How do I know this isn’t a trap? What’s in it for you?”

“Ah, see, we understand each other well. Eleanor and I had struck a deal. Her “heir” for my full immunity. Absolvement from all past crimes recognized by the fireborn governing bodies. I fear, though, that she does not intend to hold up her end of the bargain, and I may have overestimated her family’s reach here. The Fengs, however...I’ve heard you have friends in high places, non?”

“Yes,” Claudius rumbled, “that’s correct, but don’t presume to flatter me. I’ll need to time to consider this. Expect a messenger before noon. Would you be able to set these plans in motion by tonight?”

“Tonight?” Her mind was racing. “Oui, I suppose so.”

“Good. You’ll be hearing from me.”

Chime lingered for a moment as the big tundra walked away. On the walls of the dim passageway they’d chosen to meet, large portraits of long-dead rulers stared down at her, disapproving, and she shivered under their gaze. She was skirting around the edges of a massive web here, pulling the precise strings she needed to make the spiders dance. Touch upon the wrong one, though, and she’d be stuck fast. Best take care to slip out of the net before it closed around her.
@Cerastes

Congraz, that ending made me actually shiver. (It is so amazing!!)
@Cerastes

Congraz, that ending made me actually shiver. (It is so amazing!!)
@Cerastes
/mild screaming
MOAR
@Cerastes
/mild screaming
MOAR
@Cerastes How dare you torture us this way. I second Zexeos in screamin MOAR
@Cerastes How dare you torture us this way. I second Zexeos in screamin MOAR
tumblr_inline_o8pnmbVxfC1ts73zp_540.png
Ahhh this is so good! @Cerastes can I be put on the ping list please?
Ahhh this is so good! @Cerastes can I be put on the ping list please?
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 36 37