Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | all those who wander -- a nuzlocke
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
@Almaren

I'd love to see more writing! I really enjoyed your work when you were posting before :)

I don't really have any preference for any of the different options you've outlined tho; anything sounds great! depends what you prefer, honestly.

i will say that the first one could be a lot of fun! and it might be easier to motivate yourself to write if it's more low-key and interactive, rather than just something you work on on your own! maybe that's just how i would prefer to write it, tho, haha.
@Almaren

I'd love to see more writing! I really enjoyed your work when you were posting before :)

I don't really have any preference for any of the different options you've outlined tho; anything sounds great! depends what you prefer, honestly.

i will say that the first one could be a lot of fun! and it might be easier to motivate yourself to write if it's more low-key and interactive, rather than just something you work on on your own! maybe that's just how i would prefer to write it, tho, haha.
Y99ZepA.gif tumblr_inline_o2z815OLVT1qdrhpp_100.png

dont forget to eat sleep
stretch take meds and HYDRATE!! ^^
Jenna | 27 | FR+3
FR Tumblr
kz23hWB.gif
hqOBlzs.gif
@almaren

Mini-locke! 8D VIOLENT DEATHS! >8D
@almaren

Mini-locke! 8D VIOLENT DEATHS! >8D
hoMNYDJ.png

@Almaren

I've loved following along here since the general beginning. And i honestly like the sound of option 1. I think getting a glimpse into the day to day conversations without any real plot is fine.

Also, does Humphrey need a home still!? Because i've loved that green boob since he was introduced. He'd most definitly have a place here at the Clan of a Thousand Wings.

@Almaren

I've loved following along here since the general beginning. And i honestly like the sound of option 1. I think getting a glimpse into the day to day conversations without any real plot is fine.

Also, does Humphrey need a home still!? Because i've loved that green boob since he was introduced. He'd most definitly have a place here at the Clan of a Thousand Wings.
KLHYE9h.png
@NightShift I think I've decided to keep Humphrey with me :) Honestly, I regret giving up Teleri, I don't want to let anyone else go!
@NightShift I think I've decided to keep Humphrey with me :) Honestly, I regret giving up Teleri, I don't want to let anyone else go!
@Almaren
Pleasepleaseplease write more. I don't care which one one, they all sound super fun. ♥
@Almaren
Pleasepleaseplease write more. I don't care which one one, they all sound super fun. ♥
7GFlGJN.pngUQye6pN.pngMrRCllp.pngw7zrq5X.pngJ62sYF0.pnghgDH6fo.png9My5I2b.pngiibnNpu.pngDBFJoJn.pngA3L5B4e.pngzjJqiVN.png
v8f8ZKI.png
@Almaren good lord you joined light!
... honestly I been wondering where all the Nuzlockers went. then again, I stopped too ...

uhh them nuzlocke options be options I guess you could write something? How would you even translate an fr nuz into something other than a story about dragons???? sounds weird. I vote for do a mini nuz it might be fun to see
@Almaren good lord you joined light!
... honestly I been wondering where all the Nuzlockers went. then again, I stopped too ...

uhh them nuzlocke options be options I guess you could write something? How would you even translate an fr nuz into something other than a story about dragons???? sounds weird. I vote for do a mini nuz it might be fun to see
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon Yep - I'm a Light clan now! OF course, my heart stays in Wind - but Light is rather nice, I think. Maybe, if I ever have Gems, I might go back someday - or try something new! Wind is for the wanderers, after all.

Valinor's is a very character-driven story, as opposed to world-driven; and by that, I mean that the world and setting it takes place in, i.e. the world of Sornieth and Flight Rising, doesn't play a major part in the plot. What happens is determined more by characters and their actions, rather than by what's going on around them. IF you think about what happens and how, there isn't that much that would be different. Which means that, if I transplanted the characters into a different universe, the story wouldn't change much. :D OF course, there would be some changes - I'm forseeing some trouble with Ghost's story, since its underlying factor is the Shade - but I have ideas of how I could work something similar. ((And, in case you're wondering, this is a project I've been planning for a while, and I'll be doing it whether or not it's my main focus over the summer.))
@ArgenteaMoon Yep - I'm a Light clan now! OF course, my heart stays in Wind - but Light is rather nice, I think. Maybe, if I ever have Gems, I might go back someday - or try something new! Wind is for the wanderers, after all.

Valinor's is a very character-driven story, as opposed to world-driven; and by that, I mean that the world and setting it takes place in, i.e. the world of Sornieth and Flight Rising, doesn't play a major part in the plot. What happens is determined more by characters and their actions, rather than by what's going on around them. IF you think about what happens and how, there isn't that much that would be different. Which means that, if I transplanted the characters into a different universe, the story wouldn't change much. :D OF course, there would be some changes - I'm forseeing some trouble with Ghost's story, since its underlying factor is the Shade - but I have ideas of how I could work something similar. ((And, in case you're wondering, this is a project I've been planning for a while, and I'll be doing it whether or not it's my main focus over the summer.))
@Almaren squints I guess? but like world details basically build the story so it'd end up being basically the same kind of world anyway??? or at least ... sorta. Or else it'd change a heck of a lot and end up being less the same and that quite probably would make the characters act differently.
@Almaren squints I guess? but like world details basically build the story so it'd end up being basically the same kind of world anyway??? or at least ... sorta. Or else it'd change a heck of a lot and end up being less the same and that quite probably would make the characters act differently.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon Some world elements might have similar functions, true - things like the Shade, and Windsinger's involvement, and anything that has a major effect on character backstories - but not everything has to be the same, and it's actually easier than you would think, to make a world detail that has the same function/effect but outwardly looks very different.

Honestly, the BIGGEST issue I'm seeing is how to manage the breed/flight dynamics. Especially flight. Breed differences do feature in the story, but that's easy enough; they're basically just personality differences, which don't require breeds to explain. Flight, though... that'll be hard: I'll have to create a societal/religious structure with all the same functions as FR's (at least those that directly affect the storyline), but is still different/original enough to safely call "mine." Once I work that out, the rest should fall into place. Most of the world details that have any major effect on storyline are related to that one issue.
@ArgenteaMoon Some world elements might have similar functions, true - things like the Shade, and Windsinger's involvement, and anything that has a major effect on character backstories - but not everything has to be the same, and it's actually easier than you would think, to make a world detail that has the same function/effect but outwardly looks very different.

Honestly, the BIGGEST issue I'm seeing is how to manage the breed/flight dynamics. Especially flight. Breed differences do feature in the story, but that's easy enough; they're basically just personality differences, which don't require breeds to explain. Flight, though... that'll be hard: I'll have to create a societal/religious structure with all the same functions as FR's (at least those that directly affect the storyline), but is still different/original enough to safely call "mine." Once I work that out, the rest should fall into place. Most of the world details that have any major effect on storyline are related to that one issue.
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60