Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | coliseum slows down when using bolt?
whenever my fae uses his wind bolt attack the screen just goes from super fast to matrix as soon as it flies across the screen. it was cool at first but now its kinda annoying and my fae is trying to cast lag bolt all the time, does anyone else have this problem?
whenever my fae uses his wind bolt attack the screen just goes from super fast to matrix as soon as it flies across the screen. it was cool at first but now its kinda annoying and my fae is trying to cast lag bolt all the time, does anyone else have this problem?
There is relatively high chance of it occurring with contuse and all of the bolt-type spells (lvl 5 magic damage spells). There was a topic of it somewhere here...
There is relatively high chance of it occurring with contuse and all of the bolt-type spells (lvl 5 magic damage spells). There was a topic of it somewhere here...
@Shienvien oh there was? i didnt see any about it. my bad lmao. its just been a pain for a long time now and i didnt think anyone knew if it was a problem
@Shienvien oh there was? i didnt see any about it. my bad lmao. its just been a pain for a long time now and i didnt think anyone knew if it was a problem
There was (I gave a longer reply to it), but since search is down, I can't quite locate it right now. (Briefly going over the first ten pages with Coliseum in Ctrl+5 didn't highlight it... Thinking over it, it could have been 'Magic slows down Coli' or some version without coliseum spelled out in full thereof...) The framerate was said to take a drastic plunge, I recall.

Anyway, the problem is still there and living strong. A massive part of my current strategy in Coli is 'kill all mages before bolt/contuse', since the slowdown makes it borderline unplayable. (Strength-based elemental attacks and lvl 12 magical attacks do not cause slowdown, nor do aid/regeneration/rally/etc.)
There was (I gave a longer reply to it), but since search is down, I can't quite locate it right now. (Briefly going over the first ten pages with Coliseum in Ctrl+5 didn't highlight it... Thinking over it, it could have been 'Magic slows down Coli' or some version without coliseum spelled out in full thereof...) The framerate was said to take a drastic plunge, I recall.

Anyway, the problem is still there and living strong. A massive part of my current strategy in Coli is 'kill all mages before bolt/contuse', since the slowdown makes it borderline unplayable. (Strength-based elemental attacks and lvl 12 magical attacks do not cause slowdown, nor do aid/regeneration/rally/etc.)
I saw a thread on it earlier but can't find it either. I looked about three pages back and it was just this morning. Huh. I'm having the same issue, though. Oddly enough only on my home laptop. My work laptop doesn't seem to get it often. My flash and everything is up to date and I'm using the exact same browser (chrome), so I'm not quite getting it. It's not network, it's just the framerate going to pot.

Which sucks cause I use rally and rally brings the coli to a slow crawl every time.
I saw a thread on it earlier but can't find it either. I looked about three pages back and it was just this morning. Huh. I'm having the same issue, though. Oddly enough only on my home laptop. My work laptop doesn't seem to get it often. My flash and everything is up to date and I'm using the exact same browser (chrome), so I'm not quite getting it. It's not network, it's just the framerate going to pot.

Which sucks cause I use rally and rally brings the coli to a slow crawl every time.
I though they fixed this problem
I though they fixed this problem
1Tdrm4y.pngo3rXXkG.gif
The thread you all are referencing can be found in the Known Issues sticky; specifically, this thread here. :) What's strange is that it doesn't always happen to me, but when it does, it's usually on a slower machine (like this Macbook Pro I'm on now), running Chrome. My beastly work machine handles magic attacks in any browser without issues.
The thread you all are referencing can be found in the Known Issues sticky; specifically, this thread here. :) What's strange is that it doesn't always happen to me, but when it does, it's usually on a slower machine (like this Macbook Pro I'm on now), running Chrome. My beastly work machine handles magic attacks in any browser without issues.
Pixel Dargons Store!
Pearlcatcher_75.gif Fae.gif Imperial.gif Spiral.gif Skydancer_charTgr_iceStr.gif