Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Slow loading times
1 2
Ever since the update, pages have been incredibly slow to load, sometimes taking up to 5 minutes to load. I have refreshed my cache with no change. I have seen 6000 people on with only a very minor slowdown in load times so I know it's not the traffic, but something about the update itself.
Ever since the update, pages have been incredibly slow to load, sometimes taking up to 5 minutes to load. I have refreshed my cache with no change. I have seen 6000 people on with only a very minor slowdown in load times so I know it's not the traffic, but something about the update itself.
Z5qrQtx.gif
7ebac6b3af9f12d3a4fa4f1dbbceaae2243780f9.png62899cd3275f2a35097380052cdd779e44e89c6c.pnge448ae88c64c70af9f549e4014ccc630c1c6861c.png
@yukitsukihana

While I'm sorry I don't have an immediate solution to your issue, I wanted to share some information we have on it. One of our team members has been encountering the same issue starting at the same time, and we spent a fair amount of time investigating. In their case, it appeared to be a networking issue in the Internet infrastructure between our hosting provider and them, so there is not a lot we can do about it. It does seem to be improving slowly although it is still an intermittent issue. I am hopeful that it will be resolved in the near future.

Sorry we don't have a quick fix for this one but I hope that helps some!
@yukitsukihana

While I'm sorry I don't have an immediate solution to your issue, I wanted to share some information we have on it. One of our team members has been encountering the same issue starting at the same time, and we spent a fair amount of time investigating. In their case, it appeared to be a networking issue in the Internet infrastructure between our hosting provider and them, so there is not a lot we can do about it. It does seem to be improving slowly although it is still an intermittent issue. I am hopeful that it will be resolved in the near future.

Sorry we don't have a quick fix for this one but I hope that helps some!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
I've also had extremely slow load times. For example: the front page not loading after 5 minutes, the scrying workshop only ever loading either no image or 1/4th of the image and not the full image, the nests in nesting grounds showing a broken image, pages never loading or redirecting properly. I know not everything is something the FR team can fix right away, but I just wanted to throw up a "this is happening to me too". I've cleared cache, restarted my computer, swapped browsers, nothing I seem to do really fixes it. [emoji=fae sad size=1]
I've also had extremely slow load times. For example: the front page not loading after 5 minutes, the scrying workshop only ever loading either no image or 1/4th of the image and not the full image, the nests in nesting grounds showing a broken image, pages never loading or redirecting properly.

I know not everything is something the FR team can fix right away, but I just wanted to throw up a "this is happening to me too".

I've cleared cache, restarted my computer, swapped browsers, nothing I seem to do really fixes it.
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
I notice a similar issue, in that it feels like it takes forever for the Coliseum to look up on the web browser and I've seen it happen on my smart phone when it goes to the coli.
I notice a similar issue, in that it feels like it takes forever for the Coliseum to look up on the web browser and I've seen it happen on my smart phone when it goes to the coli.
I know this is an older post but this is happening to me, too. Still happening despite trying to fix things - sometimes my internet is just shoddy, but this is exclusively FR. It takes 5-6 minutes for each page to load, usually with the images broken, 2-3 minutes to make a move in the Coli. The site is largely unplayable for me and I just want to have fun with the event. :( This is more of a vent than anything constructive, so I'm sorry.

Edit: Just to clarify this has been happening for me since the 23rd, and is persisting today (the 27th). Sometimes (usually for 30mins-1hour) it will load normally, and the go back to abysmal load times. It's the same on an Ipad or phone. It doesn't seem to correlate with site traffic at all, either.

I know a reason was given by staff but I just wanted to report that it is not getting better, at least on my end.
I know this is an older post but this is happening to me, too. Still happening despite trying to fix things - sometimes my internet is just shoddy, but this is exclusively FR. It takes 5-6 minutes for each page to load, usually with the images broken, 2-3 minutes to make a move in the Coli. The site is largely unplayable for me and I just want to have fun with the event. :( This is more of a vent than anything constructive, so I'm sorry.

Edit: Just to clarify this has been happening for me since the 23rd, and is persisting today (the 27th). Sometimes (usually for 30mins-1hour) it will load normally, and the go back to abysmal load times. It's the same on an Ipad or phone. It doesn't seem to correlate with site traffic at all, either.

I know a reason was given by staff but I just wanted to report that it is not getting better, at least on my end.
UwPE0Qp.png
Adding on that this is also a problem for me- every page, exclusively FR, doesn't matter where I'm trying to get to. Usually have to try to get to a page 3+ times before it even loads a white blank page with the correct heading. Leaving it alone makes everything take upwards of 7 minutes, which is the longest time I've given it before attempt to reload by rebooting the page, which still takes a minimum of 60 seconds to load and an average of 2-3 min to load properly
Adding on that this is also a problem for me- every page, exclusively FR, doesn't matter where I'm trying to get to. Usually have to try to get to a page 3+ times before it even loads a white blank page with the correct heading. Leaving it alone makes everything take upwards of 7 minutes, which is the longest time I've given it before attempt to reload by rebooting the page, which still takes a minimum of 60 seconds to load and an average of 2-3 min to load properly
tOvDFgM.png
Tossing my voice in this chorus; same issue here. It appeared to start yesterday for me (or could've been sooner and I just didn't notice thanks to work), but has been at its worst so far today.
Tossing my voice in this chorus; same issue here. It appeared to start yesterday for me (or could've been sooner and I just didn't notice thanks to work), but has been at its worst so far today.
I've been experiencing extremely slow loading pages since the update, also. They load slowly, even if I'm not signed in. Have tried to clear my cache and use different browsers, to no avail. Making it tough to play Riot of Rot.
I've been experiencing extremely slow loading pages since the update, also. They load slowly, even if I'm not signed in. Have tried to clear my cache and use different browsers, to no avail. Making it tough to play Riot of Rot.
SQVdsFh.png
I am having this issue too. No other website is slow for me. My husband plays too on his computer and he has no issue. I have cleared the cash, updated everything, restarted many times, let sit off. Everything I can think of. I want to play the coliseum but really can't with this going on. I love the new update, but not sure how to make this smoother.
I am having this issue too. No other website is slow for me. My husband plays too on his computer and he has no issue. I have cleared the cash, updated everything, restarted many times, let sit off. Everything I can think of. I want to play the coliseum but really can't with this going on. I love the new update, but not sure how to make this smoother.
3-CC2-F96-D-70-D1-4-DE0-8-A0-C-7292-F8437-F8-F.pngDQMdZmI.png
I, too, am experiencing issues with load time. I don't remember exactly when it started other than it was at some point after the hoard revamp because initially I thought hype over improvements had brought a lot of players online at once so maybe heavier traffic was slowing it down. Today though I can't even manage to get the coliseum to load, which is unfortunate during a festival.

I'm on a laptop and not a phone, if that affects anything.
I, too, am experiencing issues with load time. I don't remember exactly when it started other than it was at some point after the hoard revamp because initially I thought hype over improvements had brought a lot of players online at once so maybe heavier traffic was slowing it down. Today though I can't even manage to get the coliseum to load, which is unfortunate during a festival.

I'm on a laptop and not a phone, if that affects anything.
1 2