Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Cant change name capitalisation
i want to change my name to may with all lowercase but it isnt allowing me to.
Ra2gKTW.png
may ♠ she/her ♠ +9 fr time
[ accent shop ]
[quote name="@May" date="2019-10-19 14:42:45" ] i want to change my name to may with all lowercase but it isnt allowing me to. [/quote] Well then apparently...you may not. (I'm so sorry, I couldn't help myself.) Do you mean using an official name change (your initial free one or subsequent paid one)? Because I think you do still use up one of those, even if all you're doing is changing the case. If you are and it's still not letting you...maybe the site still considers your username 'in use' at the time you try to change to it (even though it's currently being used [i]by[/i] you).
@May wrote on 2019-10-19 14:42:45:

Well then apparently...you may not.

(I'm so sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

Do you mean using an official name change (your initial free one or subsequent paid one)? Because I think you do still use up one of those, even if all you're doing is changing the case.

If you are and it's still not letting you...maybe the site still considers your username 'in use' at the time you try to change to it (even though it's currently being used by you).
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@Lara8 @May

Just to add I do believe I've seen it discussed somewhere before that the name change / username system doesn't register different capitalization's 'n such to be different names.

So it's most likely the issue where you'd have to completely change to a totally different name (using up either your free change or spending the gems) and THEN change your name back to the lowercase version (which of course would require gems 100% at that point).

I remember other posts about people needing to do this and being frustrated.

But it's most likely what Lara8 mentioned - that since capital letters aren't differentiated, the system sees that MAY (and all it's forms) is a taken username and thus, wont allow it to be given out again.

So unfortunately, beyond doing two name changes, I don't think there's another option atm.

You could always message staff via the contact us to see if they could push the change through or start up (or comment on) a suggestion thread! I'm not sure if staff will push it through but it's worth a shot since the only other option is to spend a good handful of gems!
@Lara8 @May

Just to add I do believe I've seen it discussed somewhere before that the name change / username system doesn't register different capitalization's 'n such to be different names.

So it's most likely the issue where you'd have to completely change to a totally different name (using up either your free change or spending the gems) and THEN change your name back to the lowercase version (which of course would require gems 100% at that point).

I remember other posts about people needing to do this and being frustrated.

But it's most likely what Lara8 mentioned - that since capital letters aren't differentiated, the system sees that MAY (and all it's forms) is a taken username and thus, wont allow it to be given out again.

So unfortunately, beyond doing two name changes, I don't think there's another option atm.

You could always message staff via the contact us to see if they could push the change through or start up (or comment on) a suggestion thread! I'm not sure if staff will push it through but it's worth a shot since the only other option is to spend a good handful of gems!
IT7iTv8.png