Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | No Response to Bug Report?
1 2 3 4
What if it hasn't been responded to in like 3 weeks?
What if it hasn't been responded to in like 3 weeks?
jCVhFoZ.gif
I don't mean to be a pest, but I would like to add my feelings in with the others who have commented.

I posted an issue weeks ago, I was never responded to, and the issue has not been corrected. I have noticed a few other bug recently but I have been hesitant to report them because I don't know if anyone saw or cared about my first problem. I know you guys are very busy, and that managing the site has been something of a roller coaster. I'm trying to be patient and understanding, but I can't help feeling ignored. It would be nice to have even a cursory note to acknowledge my post. When I originally signed up, I was under the impression that the site was ready to go, I didn't realize it was in "beta mode". The number of bugs that have popped up has been disappointing.

Now, it is not my intention to come across as harsh or rude, I do appreciate the hard work that has been put in, and the personal sacrifices of time and money made by the mods. Flight Rising is a big project, and I am happy to be a part of it and have fun on the site, I was just hoping for some feedback.
I don't mean to be a pest, but I would like to add my feelings in with the others who have commented.

I posted an issue weeks ago, I was never responded to, and the issue has not been corrected. I have noticed a few other bug recently but I have been hesitant to report them because I don't know if anyone saw or cared about my first problem. I know you guys are very busy, and that managing the site has been something of a roller coaster. I'm trying to be patient and understanding, but I can't help feeling ignored. It would be nice to have even a cursory note to acknowledge my post. When I originally signed up, I was under the impression that the site was ready to go, I didn't realize it was in "beta mode". The number of bugs that have popped up has been disappointing.

Now, it is not my intention to come across as harsh or rude, I do appreciate the hard work that has been put in, and the personal sacrifices of time and money made by the mods. Flight Rising is a big project, and I am happy to be a part of it and have fun on the site, I was just hoping for some feedback.
@Meemzer, all bugs are noted by the devs. Bugs operates differently from other forums. It's for primarily dev tracking which is why it's so important players read the stickies and consolidate information when there is an opportunity to do so. Sometimes we can help someone figure out an issue, which is great, but the primary focus of the forum is for the devs to track user reported problems.

Please report your bugs. Please understand if you don't get a response that it doesn't mean you are being ignored. Sometimes there is simply nothing to say at the time.

As far as bugs on the site: every site has bugs, every game has bugs. Some don't always appear until after site/game goes live. A bumpy experience is not uncommon when you join a game in its early stages after it goes live. Being an early adopter is a bumpy buggy ride but absolutely critical to the long-term health of the product. Every bug report is important, it counts, it is seen and appreciated even if not always replied to.

Hang in there. We'll get through it. ♥
@Meemzer, all bugs are noted by the devs. Bugs operates differently from other forums. It's for primarily dev tracking which is why it's so important players read the stickies and consolidate information when there is an opportunity to do so. Sometimes we can help someone figure out an issue, which is great, but the primary focus of the forum is for the devs to track user reported problems.

Please report your bugs. Please understand if you don't get a response that it doesn't mean you are being ignored. Sometimes there is simply nothing to say at the time.

As far as bugs on the site: every site has bugs, every game has bugs. Some don't always appear until after site/game goes live. A bumpy experience is not uncommon when you join a game in its early stages after it goes live. Being an early adopter is a bumpy buggy ride but absolutely critical to the long-term health of the product. Every bug report is important, it counts, it is seen and appreciated even if not always replied to.

Hang in there. We'll get through it. ♥
coffee. need coffee.
@twitchy
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I think that there is always something to say in response to a bug. Yes, the devs may not know anything at all about the bug and don't have conclusive information, but without any responses to our posts we are in fact being ignored. It feels much better to get some sort of reply than wait for days/weeks like a mushroom in the dark.

In my opinion it's extremely important to have some sort of minimal pr type thing going on at least with the bugs. Something as simple as someone going through the posts and putting down a response that the bugs will be looked into. Otherwise it's impossible to not feel ignored. As the saying goes, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, and in this case it could be detrimental to the site as a whole.

As a user, I care about what's happening to the site, and I want to feel more involved and have more of a sense of community. Don't get me wrong, I know there must be a ton of work going on behind the scenes, but it's not really exposed to the general users and it feels like there's a lack of caring in general from the people that run the site and the developers. I know that that's not the case(this site wouldn't exist if it were) but the lack of communication and keeping the users in the loop is hurting the community.

How can one feel like they can rely on another if that other is a hidden faceless almost nonexistent presence? I'm not trying to be negative about this, or anything like that; this is not meant to bash anyone. It's just a little frustrating to be kept so much in the dark and to feel ignored with the bugs and whatnot.

I do enjoy the site as a whole, but there are just problems, such as the lack of communication, that detract from the overall experience of playing the game. Imo it's a fairly simple thing to implement and would boost user confidence in the site and the devs.
@twitchy
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I think that there is always something to say in response to a bug. Yes, the devs may not know anything at all about the bug and don't have conclusive information, but without any responses to our posts we are in fact being ignored. It feels much better to get some sort of reply than wait for days/weeks like a mushroom in the dark.

In my opinion it's extremely important to have some sort of minimal pr type thing going on at least with the bugs. Something as simple as someone going through the posts and putting down a response that the bugs will be looked into. Otherwise it's impossible to not feel ignored. As the saying goes, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, and in this case it could be detrimental to the site as a whole.

As a user, I care about what's happening to the site, and I want to feel more involved and have more of a sense of community. Don't get me wrong, I know there must be a ton of work going on behind the scenes, but it's not really exposed to the general users and it feels like there's a lack of caring in general from the people that run the site and the developers. I know that that's not the case(this site wouldn't exist if it were) but the lack of communication and keeping the users in the loop is hurting the community.

How can one feel like they can rely on another if that other is a hidden faceless almost nonexistent presence? I'm not trying to be negative about this, or anything like that; this is not meant to bash anyone. It's just a little frustrating to be kept so much in the dark and to feel ignored with the bugs and whatnot.

I do enjoy the site as a whole, but there are just problems, such as the lack of communication, that detract from the overall experience of playing the game. Imo it's a fairly simple thing to implement and would boost user confidence in the site and the devs.
Hello @Kajira, this is the policy set up by the Admin.

If you would like to provide customer feedback, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.

Bugs is not a dedicated customer service forum, it is for developer tracking and poking for more information as it is needed. You can, however, reach Flight Rising's customer service team via the aforementioned Contact Us form. If you would like to make a suggestion, please feel free to start a discussion in the Suggestions forum.

Thank you!
Hello @Kajira, this is the policy set up by the Admin.

If you would like to provide customer feedback, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.

Bugs is not a dedicated customer service forum, it is for developer tracking and poking for more information as it is needed. You can, however, reach Flight Rising's customer service team via the aforementioned Contact Us form. If you would like to make a suggestion, please feel free to start a discussion in the Suggestions forum.

Thank you!
coffee. need coffee.
If the developers would like frequent, carefully-worded, well-documented bug reports, providing acknowledgement would go a long way towards getting those.

I reported a bug a few days ago (missing leafy packs); got no response. I don't expect one. However, if it happens again, I won't bother reporting it; I assume the devs know it's going on, and it'll get fixed or it won't, and I'll have no way to know whether it's been addressed except by the rather negative feedback of "my treasure chests don't disappear when I try to open them."

I've noticed several coliseum bugs I haven't seen reported (doesn't mean they haven't been; the coli threads are numerous) about display issues and some weirdness about turns (why does my dragon with the highest Quickness go last?)... since I don't see replies to the reports, I don't know what good they do. I don't know if the issues are already known, because "known bugs" doesn't keep up with every reported-and-acknowledged bug. (Known bugs does not say that some apparel doesn't work on some dragons.)

Reporting bugs takes effort. At least, if it's done usefully, it takes effort--takes noting the event going on, if in the coliseum, possibly a list of dragons & monsters involved, ideally requires the OS and browser and connection details (I assume a lot of my bugs have to do with having a fairly slow DSL connection), and might include screencaps. Bug reports are a way of crowdsourcing your beta testing--and while users are generally happy to make them (everyone's willing to say "hey! this isn't working right!"), they are time taken away from playing, especially if they're supported by details and screencaps.

Reward the people who help you; give them positive feedback. The basic level is either "thanks; we've added this to our list" or "thanks; there are already several reports of this bug, but getting more feedback helps us know the scope of the problem" or "thanks; this is part of a known issue that we're working on." (Or possibly, "thanks; this is a known issue, and we're sorry to say it's not a priority to get fixed at this time.") This also means replying with "that's not a bug; you must change setting X for that to work" when appropriate.

For wildly happy bug reporters, give them details--"this issue seems to strike Firefox users but not Chrome users" or "this issue popped up after the last code push and we're hoping to get rid of it in the next one" or "this is the first we've heard of this; we need to find out if it can be repeated to figure out how to fix it." However, that takes coder time/PR effort, and isn't necessary or expected.

However, regular replies of "thanks; we're on it" will encourage people to keep reporting. The current habit of not replying--which comes across as ignoring posts--leaves users unsure if what they reported is a real bug or a misunderstanding of some site feature, and doesn't encourage future bugs reports.
If the developers would like frequent, carefully-worded, well-documented bug reports, providing acknowledgement would go a long way towards getting those.

I reported a bug a few days ago (missing leafy packs); got no response. I don't expect one. However, if it happens again, I won't bother reporting it; I assume the devs know it's going on, and it'll get fixed or it won't, and I'll have no way to know whether it's been addressed except by the rather negative feedback of "my treasure chests don't disappear when I try to open them."

I've noticed several coliseum bugs I haven't seen reported (doesn't mean they haven't been; the coli threads are numerous) about display issues and some weirdness about turns (why does my dragon with the highest Quickness go last?)... since I don't see replies to the reports, I don't know what good they do. I don't know if the issues are already known, because "known bugs" doesn't keep up with every reported-and-acknowledged bug. (Known bugs does not say that some apparel doesn't work on some dragons.)

Reporting bugs takes effort. At least, if it's done usefully, it takes effort--takes noting the event going on, if in the coliseum, possibly a list of dragons & monsters involved, ideally requires the OS and browser and connection details (I assume a lot of my bugs have to do with having a fairly slow DSL connection), and might include screencaps. Bug reports are a way of crowdsourcing your beta testing--and while users are generally happy to make them (everyone's willing to say "hey! this isn't working right!"), they are time taken away from playing, especially if they're supported by details and screencaps.

Reward the people who help you; give them positive feedback. The basic level is either "thanks; we've added this to our list" or "thanks; there are already several reports of this bug, but getting more feedback helps us know the scope of the problem" or "thanks; this is part of a known issue that we're working on." (Or possibly, "thanks; this is a known issue, and we're sorry to say it's not a priority to get fixed at this time.") This also means replying with "that's not a bug; you must change setting X for that to work" when appropriate.

For wildly happy bug reporters, give them details--"this issue seems to strike Firefox users but not Chrome users" or "this issue popped up after the last code push and we're hoping to get rid of it in the next one" or "this is the first we've heard of this; we need to find out if it can be repeated to figure out how to fix it." However, that takes coder time/PR effort, and isn't necessary or expected.

However, regular replies of "thanks; we're on it" will encourage people to keep reporting. The current habit of not replying--which comes across as ignoring posts--leaves users unsure if what they reported is a real bug or a misunderstanding of some site feature, and doesn't encourage future bugs reports.
dragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
What if the bug was reported in September and still no response?
What if the bug was reported in September and still no response?
jCVhFoZ.gif
@DoomsdayDragon, if that is the case, there is simply nothing to say at this time.

Bugs is for reporting and monitoring. If I can help troubleshoot, I will. If I cannot, I apologize. No matter what, the bugs are noted.

I understand that this is not always a popular reply but it is the policy at this time. If you would like to see a change, please feel free to make a suggestion in the Suggestions forum.
@DoomsdayDragon, if that is the case, there is simply nothing to say at this time.

Bugs is for reporting and monitoring. If I can help troubleshoot, I will. If I cannot, I apologize. No matter what, the bugs are noted.

I understand that this is not always a popular reply but it is the policy at this time. If you would like to see a change, please feel free to make a suggestion in the Suggestions forum.
coffee. need coffee.
Hey everyone! I wanted to chime in real quick.

This forum moves very quickly, and I give major props to @twitchy for the amount she's able to handle and respond to in a given time period. She is in constant contact with myself and the rest of the administration team, and we are keeping track of everything that comes across the table. We dissect this forum very methodically to weigh volume and frequency.

Unfortunately, we aren't able to provide as much vocal feedback as we'd like to; it's just not humanly possible. I would love for us to be able to do that at some point, and I will try to be much better about it, but I fear that sometimes I'm going to fall short, since time is very valuable. Almost all of that time goes towards the actual analysis, testing, fixing, and implementation so we can get things amended as quickly as we can. This is why the Bug Report Forums are for reports and monitoring, and not necessarily a dialogue and discussion board.

I definitely understand where you guys are coming from, and that you want to know you're being heard, and that your reports are being taken seriously. All I can say is that they are, and we have a profound appreciation for those of you who are taking the time to let us know about the issues. Please do not stop reporting, just understand that because of the volume, it may not be possible for us to respond directly to everything. As always, if you experience a customer service issue that is the result of a bug, you have an outlet for that as well. :)
Hey everyone! I wanted to chime in real quick.

This forum moves very quickly, and I give major props to @twitchy for the amount she's able to handle and respond to in a given time period. She is in constant contact with myself and the rest of the administration team, and we are keeping track of everything that comes across the table. We dissect this forum very methodically to weigh volume and frequency.

Unfortunately, we aren't able to provide as much vocal feedback as we'd like to; it's just not humanly possible. I would love for us to be able to do that at some point, and I will try to be much better about it, but I fear that sometimes I'm going to fall short, since time is very valuable. Almost all of that time goes towards the actual analysis, testing, fixing, and implementation so we can get things amended as quickly as we can. This is why the Bug Report Forums are for reports and monitoring, and not necessarily a dialogue and discussion board.

I definitely understand where you guys are coming from, and that you want to know you're being heard, and that your reports are being taken seriously. All I can say is that they are, and we have a profound appreciation for those of you who are taking the time to let us know about the issues. Please do not stop reporting, just understand that because of the volume, it may not be possible for us to respond directly to everything. As always, if you experience a customer service issue that is the result of a bug, you have an outlet for that as well. :)
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Alright, fair enough, thanks~
Alright, fair enough, thanks~
jCVhFoZ.gif
1 2 3 4