Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Post-Optimization Feedback (Sept 27)
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 35 36
It works fine! Always really did to be honest! Though indeed, the random connection loss was a real pain, you got it fixed!
It works fine! Always really did to be honest! Though indeed, the random connection loss was a real pain, you got it fixed!
It seems to me that the site is going faster now. I can flip through pages quickly. Very useful since I often snipe the Auction House!
It seems to me that the site is going faster now. I can flip through pages quickly. Very useful since I often snipe the Auction House!
windflight1.png
[quote name="Xhaztol" date=2015-09-27 15:42:31] Thanks for the continued feedback, we're glad to hear that there has been significant gains for most of you. For those that are reporting that the experience is slower than before, I have a quick question: Are you visiting Flight Rising for the first time since our optimizations (we opened the site back up at about 7:40 server time). There is a chance you're experiencing slower loading because your browser is rebuilding its cached data, which was all but reset when we performed maintenance today. I'd be interested to hear if browsing feels better on the whole after a few days, once your cache builds back up. [/quote] Just wanted to chime in that for me, both devices were the first time since optimizations as I was gone all day during the downtime and optimization. My tablet (Kindle Fire HD first gen using Firefox for Android) has a much slower experience while my laptop (Windows 8.1 in Firefox 32) seems to be having a better experience.
Xhaztol wrote on 2015-09-27:
Thanks for the continued feedback, we're glad to hear that there has been significant gains for most of you.

For those that are reporting that the experience is slower than before, I have a quick question: Are you visiting Flight Rising for the first time since our optimizations (we opened the site back up at about 7:40 server time). There is a chance you're experiencing slower loading because your browser is rebuilding its cached data, which was all but reset when we performed maintenance today.

I'd be interested to hear if browsing feels better on the whole after a few days, once your cache builds back up.

Just wanted to chime in that for me, both devices were the first time since optimizations as I was gone all day during the downtime and optimization. My tablet (Kindle Fire HD first gen using Firefox for Android) has a much slower experience while my laptop (Windows 8.1 in Firefox 32) seems to be having a better experience.

r250Bbk.png ZW5CgDF.png FFH3hV6.png s1GAkgl.png LBmwkOD.png Lef8ZKD.png 10CB8sd.png
You always have a choice.
You can either roll over and die, or you can keep fightin' no matter what.
It's great! Used to it would disconnect every other click I made in the trading post but it's working wonderfully now!
It's great! Used to it would disconnect every other click I made in the trading post but it's working wonderfully now!
52bQegH.pngVnj3K4F.png52bQegH.png
The site seems to be much faster for me than it was before! Thanks for all your hard work :)
The site seems to be much faster for me than it was before! Thanks for all your hard work :)
So far so good, I'll have to give things a proper test, as I usually lag in the coli, will edit this again
@Butterfree (I have a memory of a goldfish and will forget otherwise)
So far so good, I'll have to give things a proper test, as I usually lag in the coli, will edit this again
@Butterfree (I have a memory of a goldfish and will forget otherwise)
Loves all things feline
[quote name="Kismet" date=2015-09-27 18:25:00] I'll go into the Coliseum and it'll run fine for a few rounds, but after maybe fifteen, twenty minutes it'll start to lag until eventually it's practically unusable. no idea if this is only in the Crystal Pools or not. it could also be the fault of my laptop, which is old and has its graphics card crapping out. everywhere else on the site seems to work okay, though. [/quote] I have a good computer witha good graphics card and on Chrome I have trouble with the Coli recently. Lag starts as a basically slowing of the animations and gets worse.
Kismet wrote on 2015-09-27:
I'll go into the Coliseum and it'll run fine for a few rounds, but after maybe fifteen, twenty minutes it'll start to lag until eventually it's practically unusable.
no idea if this is only in the Crystal Pools or not. it could also be the fault of my laptop, which is old and has its graphics card crapping out. everywhere else on the site seems to work okay, though.

I have a good computer witha good graphics card and on Chrome I have trouble with the Coli recently. Lag starts as a basically slowing of the animations and gets worse.
Grad school/work hiatus!
Haven't experienced any weird downtime pockets since the update!
Haven't experienced any weird downtime pockets since the update!
It's much faster in a single tab, which is especially useful for bonding with familiars, but opening new tabs is half the speed of that or slower. As someone who opens lots of tabs (when browsing forums, for example, I open all interesting threads in a section at once), this is a bit of a pain, but I can't tell whether it feels slower or the same as before.
It's much faster in a single tab, which is especially useful for bonding with familiars, but opening new tabs is half the speed of that or slower. As someone who opens lots of tabs (when browsing forums, for example, I open all interesting threads in a section at once), this is a bit of a pain, but I can't tell whether it feels slower or the same as before.
Its def going much faster and smoother. It was previously almost unusable in regards to the auction house and the Coliseum.
Its def going much faster and smoother. It was previously almost unusable in regards to the auction house and the Coliseum.
4LxiTjz.gif
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 35 36