Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Gender issue?
I think there miiiiight be something up with the code that predicts which gender is produced from the nests.

Of the 5 or so nests I've hatched recently, all but one of the babies have been girls and I know a few other people in my flight are having the same issue.

Even if its not a bug, this makes things really difficult when breeding for many people who are trying to accomplish the Legacy project, or ANY breeding project for that matter, and all they're getting is girls.
I think there miiiiight be something up with the code that predicts which gender is produced from the nests.

Of the 5 or so nests I've hatched recently, all but one of the babies have been girls and I know a few other people in my flight are having the same issue.

Even if its not a bug, this makes things really difficult when breeding for many people who are trying to accomplish the Legacy project, or ANY breeding project for that matter, and all they're getting is girls.
..........................................................~FR+1~
Mod Tip: Site bugging out? Clear your cache. :)
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group.
GnWIkP6.gif
@ACWN

It's been stated repeatedly that they have checked the code and there's nothing wrong with it. It's just the RNG throwing you a bunch of girls. For every girl you get, likely there's someone who's getting a bunch of boys.

"Even if its not a bug, this makes things really difficult when breeding for many people who are trying to accomplish the Legacy project, or ANY breeding project for that matter, and all they're getting is girls."

I don't see how this is even useful. They can't change the RNG to suit anybody, so what are you saying here?
@ACWN

It's been stated repeatedly that they have checked the code and there's nothing wrong with it. It's just the RNG throwing you a bunch of girls. For every girl you get, likely there's someone who's getting a bunch of boys.

"Even if its not a bug, this makes things really difficult when breeding for many people who are trying to accomplish the Legacy project, or ANY breeding project for that matter, and all they're getting is girls."

I don't see how this is even useful. They can't change the RNG to suit anybody, so what are you saying here?
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
@SeaCrest

I haven't been here that long, I didn't know that.

And I wasn't saying they should change it to suit any one. I was just making the statement that it makes things difficult for people who are breeding for specific projects and all they're getting time and time again are all girls... or all boys. If that's how the code works, then that's how the code works. I was just saying it makes things a pain in the tail, that's all.
@SeaCrest

I haven't been here that long, I didn't know that.

And I wasn't saying they should change it to suit any one. I was just making the statement that it makes things difficult for people who are breeding for specific projects and all they're getting time and time again are all girls... or all boys. If that's how the code works, then that's how the code works. I was just saying it makes things a pain in the tail, that's all.
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group.
GnWIkP6.gif
@ACWN

Haha, feelin' your pain over here with my pile 'o boys (don't think I've had a lady in over a week!). But yeah, random number generators can be funky sometimes. It's like flipping a coin: sometimes you just get a weirdly long streak of one side or the other
@ACWN

Haha, feelin' your pain over here with my pile 'o boys (don't think I've had a lady in over a week!). But yeah, random number generators can be funky sometimes. It's like flipping a coin: sometimes you just get a weirdly long streak of one side or the other
4mPQpJQ.png
@theAbby

Blah. Okay then. Thanks :)
@theAbby

Blah. Okay then. Thanks :)
GnWIkP6.gif
@ACWN

Yup :). Probability, she is a cruel mistress
@ACWN

Yup :). Probability, she is a cruel mistress
4mPQpJQ.png
Yup, 12 boys & 1 girl here in my last 13 eggs. I'm one of the people balancing you and your flightmates out!
Yup, 12 boys & 1 girl here in my last 13 eggs. I'm one of the people balancing you and your flightmates out!
@Kiena

*shakes fist* lol
@Kiena

*shakes fist* lol
GnWIkP6.gif
@ACWN

Yeah. Lady Probability is a cruel mistress. I have had 3 nests produce all girls before.

But I know that this isn't a bug. So this topic can be deleted and the conversations can be taken elsewhere.
@ACWN

Yeah. Lady Probability is a cruel mistress. I have had 3 nests produce all girls before.

But I know that this isn't a bug. So this topic can be deleted and the conversations can be taken elsewhere.
lbl_zps629899b3.png