Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | {Stellar Lore} - A Writing Shop [CLOSED]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@LightsKamAction I'm glad you like it!! @YanoraTheran Your slot is reserved! I think I'll do this guy if that's okay. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81637360][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/816374/81637360_350.png[/img][/url] I'd highly prefer treasure over noc eggs if that works for you, I've already got a pretty big cache of them.
@LightsKamAction

I'm glad you like it!!

@YanoraTheran

Your slot is reserved! I think I'll do this guy if that's okay.
81637360_350.png

I'd highly prefer treasure over noc eggs if that works for you, I've already got a pretty big cache of them.
pmP2F8e.gif
Okay, that sounds good! c:
Okay, that sounds good! c:
CxEBf1c.pngfWMbPI9.pngCKpHyZd.pngy5cUkpH.png
| avatar | she/they | queer asexual | neurodivergent | FR+3 | wishlist |
@Techmox
You were next in line but I noticed that the post with your request is gone -- were you still looking to get something written?
@Techmox
You were next in line but I noticed that the post with your request is gone -- were you still looking to get something written?
pmP2F8e.gif
@Hoku The idea for story changed after some lore update so I've decided to remove post. But I'll be back in near future after small lore rework and details tweaking <3
@Hoku The idea for story changed after some lore update so I've decided to remove post. But I'll be back in near future after small lore rework and details tweaking <3
NB43KMu.png
@Techmox
Okay, no worries! Sounds good!
@Techmox
Okay, no worries! Sounds good!
pmP2F8e.gif
@YanoraTheran

Your piece is done! Sorry for the wait. It's ~800 words, so you can send along 400k in a CR whenever you're ready and I'll post the piece.
@YanoraTheran

Your piece is done! Sorry for the wait. It's ~800 words, so you can send along 400k in a CR whenever you're ready and I'll post the piece.
pmP2F8e.gif
@YanoraTheran

Here's your piece!

Quote:
The jeweler, as I’ve come to be known, holds much more power than just making silly little trinkets. There’s power in these pieces, these beautiful works of art. I must venture deep within the Crystal Cavern to find the right jewels for the job, but the journey is always so worth it. In the deepest point of the cavern, it opens up to an area damp with the condensation of the cave. It doesn’t smell musty, though, no, it has a distinct fresh scent to it – like the smell of a crisp autumn breeze.

The sight of the cave is something to behold – its beauty knows no bounds. It’s like stepping inside of a geode, crystals and rainbows abound. Pools of water line the floor, water purified with the minerals of the surroundings. Beneath the water lay thousands of tiny shards, perfect for jewelry making. For stunning visual pieces, I use these. But, if you’re looking for true power, you must venture where the glow of the cave resides. A bright light emanating from crystals, as if the very sun were shining within the cave.

Tiptoeing through the damp cave floor, I approach the brightest of the crystals. I’ve been given a very special task, one that requires the utmost power. A healing stone. An important and much beloved member of the clan has fallen seriously ill, and none of the healers have been able to chase the sickness away, not even with their powers combined. So I was tasked with making an amulet, one that could heal any ailment, and bring any dragon back from the brink of death.

Even with the immense power of these crystals, this is no easy task. To harvest the crystal, one must use the utmost care so as to not drain the crystal’s power right then and there. Once a crystal is disconnected from the earth, it can no longer draw power from its source and the magic begins to fade. To keep the power within the stone, one must sever the connection before the crystal is drained of its power. With nowhere to go, the power doubles back on itself and creates a beacon, and its powers can then be directed by a user.

The magic that comes from this beacon is neutral – there are no crystals specific for healing, and as such, one of the healers from the clan must be there to channel the power into healing. The jewelry must be made with a specific user in mind to reach its maximum power. If the jewel is meant for a powerful dragon, the magic of the two combines and enhances any effect the magic might have. The jewel is bound to this dragon by blood.

Carefully, I extend one of my sharpened claws towards a small, but incredibly bright crystal. I’d done this dozens of times before, but only been successful about half, and my heart begins to race at the prospect of failure. There’s only a few of the most powerful crystals, mistakes cannot be tolerated. I hold my breath as I use my claw to cut a line through the gem, and catch it in my other paw. Lifting it up, I watch the power attempt to rush out of the crystal, but it’s met with the barrier of my cut and doubles back upon itself, glowing even brighter than before.

Smiling, I return to my work station. I would’ve liked to say that was the hard part, but in reality, the entire process for making such a powerful amulet is difficult. The metal must take to the gem – the sheer power within it can corrode any impurities and completely melt away any framework I’d built. I pull only the purest silver from my supply and mold it around the crystal in intricate patterns, each twirl and swirl holding its own purpose. These adornments are not simply aesthetic, they make anchor points for the magic to be directed into a specific place.

Next, the blood of our most powerful healer must meet the stone. It sizzles and evaporates on contact, but the once blue crystal turns a deep purple – a sign that it’s accepted the offering. Finally, I piece everything together with painstaking precision. I lift the amulet up to admire my handiwork, truly a thing of beauty. But there’s no time to waste, so I rush the crystal to our best healer, who dons it immediately and rushes to the side of our ailing companion. I stand back and watch as the crystal begins to glow brighter as the healer channels their power. A bright light engulfs the room, so overpowering that everyone begins to squint against it. The healer touches the chest of the sick dragon, whose labored breaths give way to a deep gasp. Celebrations follow soon after as the dragon rises from the bed.

My work here is done.
@YanoraTheran

Here's your piece!

Quote:
The jeweler, as I’ve come to be known, holds much more power than just making silly little trinkets. There’s power in these pieces, these beautiful works of art. I must venture deep within the Crystal Cavern to find the right jewels for the job, but the journey is always so worth it. In the deepest point of the cavern, it opens up to an area damp with the condensation of the cave. It doesn’t smell musty, though, no, it has a distinct fresh scent to it – like the smell of a crisp autumn breeze.

The sight of the cave is something to behold – its beauty knows no bounds. It’s like stepping inside of a geode, crystals and rainbows abound. Pools of water line the floor, water purified with the minerals of the surroundings. Beneath the water lay thousands of tiny shards, perfect for jewelry making. For stunning visual pieces, I use these. But, if you’re looking for true power, you must venture where the glow of the cave resides. A bright light emanating from crystals, as if the very sun were shining within the cave.

Tiptoeing through the damp cave floor, I approach the brightest of the crystals. I’ve been given a very special task, one that requires the utmost power. A healing stone. An important and much beloved member of the clan has fallen seriously ill, and none of the healers have been able to chase the sickness away, not even with their powers combined. So I was tasked with making an amulet, one that could heal any ailment, and bring any dragon back from the brink of death.

Even with the immense power of these crystals, this is no easy task. To harvest the crystal, one must use the utmost care so as to not drain the crystal’s power right then and there. Once a crystal is disconnected from the earth, it can no longer draw power from its source and the magic begins to fade. To keep the power within the stone, one must sever the connection before the crystal is drained of its power. With nowhere to go, the power doubles back on itself and creates a beacon, and its powers can then be directed by a user.

The magic that comes from this beacon is neutral – there are no crystals specific for healing, and as such, one of the healers from the clan must be there to channel the power into healing. The jewelry must be made with a specific user in mind to reach its maximum power. If the jewel is meant for a powerful dragon, the magic of the two combines and enhances any effect the magic might have. The jewel is bound to this dragon by blood.

Carefully, I extend one of my sharpened claws towards a small, but incredibly bright crystal. I’d done this dozens of times before, but only been successful about half, and my heart begins to race at the prospect of failure. There’s only a few of the most powerful crystals, mistakes cannot be tolerated. I hold my breath as I use my claw to cut a line through the gem, and catch it in my other paw. Lifting it up, I watch the power attempt to rush out of the crystal, but it’s met with the barrier of my cut and doubles back upon itself, glowing even brighter than before.

Smiling, I return to my work station. I would’ve liked to say that was the hard part, but in reality, the entire process for making such a powerful amulet is difficult. The metal must take to the gem – the sheer power within it can corrode any impurities and completely melt away any framework I’d built. I pull only the purest silver from my supply and mold it around the crystal in intricate patterns, each twirl and swirl holding its own purpose. These adornments are not simply aesthetic, they make anchor points for the magic to be directed into a specific place.

Next, the blood of our most powerful healer must meet the stone. It sizzles and evaporates on contact, but the once blue crystal turns a deep purple – a sign that it’s accepted the offering. Finally, I piece everything together with painstaking precision. I lift the amulet up to admire my handiwork, truly a thing of beauty. But there’s no time to waste, so I rush the crystal to our best healer, who dons it immediately and rushes to the side of our ailing companion. I stand back and watch as the crystal begins to glow brighter as the healer channels their power. A bright light engulfs the room, so overpowering that everyone begins to squint against it. The healer touches the chest of the sick dragon, whose labored breaths give way to a deep gasp. Celebrations follow soon after as the dragon rises from the bed.

My work here is done.
pmP2F8e.gif
Oh I love it!! I never would have thought to go in this direction, it's so cool! I really liked how the first person pov combined with the steps of making the amulet, something about it felt very cinematic to me.
Thank you so much, can't wait to code his bio and put this in! :D
Oh I love it!! I never would have thought to go in this direction, it's so cool! I really liked how the first person pov combined with the steps of making the amulet, something about it felt very cinematic to me.
Thank you so much, can't wait to code his bio and put this in! :D
CxEBf1c.pngfWMbPI9.pngCKpHyZd.pngy5cUkpH.png
| avatar | she/they | queer asexual | neurodivergent | FR+3 | wishlist |
Open again after a long break!
Open again after a long break!
pmP2F8e.gif
@hoku
hello there! i hope this isn't a strange/out of place question but would you happen to have any examples of third-person prose?
@hoku
hello there! i hope this isn't a strange/out of place question but would you happen to have any examples of third-person prose?
x x my name is afri!
they/she FRT+0 ENG/JP
» about me » toyhouse
» commission directory
x x x art by Dovalore #82790. image links to character's toyhouse profile!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9