Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | The Weaver's Cavern [ lore | pinglist! ]
1 2 3
[center][color=#221223][font=rockwell][size=6]welcome - - •[/font][/color][/center] [indent][font=courier]This is a place of dreams; of wonder-- a place you have been looking for for quite some time. The cavern reminds you, in a way, of Wispwillow Grove with its glowing, cyan fungi and dark indigo walls, yet something seems... [i]off[/i]. Looking closer, the walls are covered in a viscous film of rot, and bones of fallen creatures loom in thick shadows cast by jagged stalagmites and piles of stone. There's an unease about. Your heart races in your chest, and a deep feeling of despair rises inside your belly, yet you had sought out this place. Stories from locals (disheveled, tired dragons in rags) informed you of a great weaver of fate and history. With the right offering, they had said, time could be altered. Life could change; stories could be modified. Some even uttered to you-- in private, away from their nomadic band --that the Weaver could pluck a new thread from his pile and create a whole new dragon; however, they said, you would have no memory of that dragon having never existed. You wanted a story told. Perhaps a life created or simply a retelling of the life you and your clan had lived, you hadn't quite decided, but you knew you needed to speak with the Weaver. But where was he? You move deeper into the cavern and attempt to ignore the mounting unease in your bones. The floor of the cave becomes coated in viscous rot and your feet stick to it. The fungi that had dotted the ceiling and walls in the entry have become abundant on the bottom of the cave, growing in huge, bioluminescent clumps. With each step, strings of the slime cling to your feet. It becomes more difficult to move forward. A bug caught in tree sap crosses your mind briefly, causing your heartrate to spike and your breathing to go momentarily ragged. You pause to breathe. The ceiling, which had been far above you before, now hovers close enough to your head that you can feel your hairs brushing against it. Mushrooms close in around you, pushing against you from the sides, yet there is a clear path, and… you see him.[/font][/indent] [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/594479/59447886_350.png[/img][nextcol][font=courier][size=3]Just ahead, working on a platform of flatish rock raised above a tangle of fungi was a hatchling-sized gaoler. You trudge forward, entranced, and then pause as you notice the Weaver's body growing still. He turns his head up at you, ichor flooding from where his eyes should be. Your breath catches, the urge to flee from this unnatural creature nearly overtaking you. [i]"If this frightens you,"[/i] he says, [i]"you are not ready."[/i] Your breath is quick and ragged, but you stand your ground against this tiny, ancient soul. He stands and turns toward you. Despite his size, he is a powerful presence atop his stone platform. It is impossible to read his expression. [/size][/font][/columns] [indent][font=courier][i]"I-I do not fear you,"[/i] you say. Your voice wavers, exposing the lie. The Weaver cocks his head to the side. Slime oozes from his eyes and onto the floor. For a long moment, the only sounds are breathing. Then, finally, the gaoler speaks:[/font][/indent] [center][font=courier][size=4][b]"What is it you seek?[/b][/size][/font][/center]
welcome - - •
This is a place of dreams; of wonder-- a place you have been looking for for quite some time. The cavern reminds you, in a way, of Wispwillow Grove with its glowing, cyan fungi and dark indigo walls, yet something seems... off. Looking closer, the walls are covered in a viscous film of rot, and bones of fallen creatures loom in thick shadows cast by jagged stalagmites and piles of stone.

There's an unease about. Your heart races in your chest, and a deep feeling of despair rises inside your belly, yet you had sought out this place. Stories from locals (disheveled, tired dragons in rags) informed you of a great weaver of fate and history. With the right offering, they had said, time could be altered. Life could change; stories could be modified. Some even uttered to you-- in private, away from their nomadic band --that the Weaver could pluck a new thread from his pile and create a whole new dragon; however, they said, you would have no memory of that dragon having never existed.

You wanted a story told. Perhaps a life created or simply a retelling of the life you and your clan had lived, you hadn't quite decided, but you knew you needed to speak with the Weaver.

But where was he?

You move deeper into the cavern and attempt to ignore the mounting unease in your bones. The floor of the cave becomes coated in viscous rot and your feet stick to it. The fungi that had dotted the ceiling and walls in the entry have become abundant on the bottom of the cave, growing in huge, bioluminescent clumps. With each step, strings of the slime cling to your feet. It becomes more difficult to move forward. A bug caught in tree sap crosses your mind briefly, causing your heartrate to spike and your breathing to go momentarily ragged.

You pause to breathe. The ceiling, which had been far above you before, now hovers close enough to your head that you can feel your hairs brushing against it. Mushrooms close in around you, pushing against you from the sides, yet there is a clear path, and… you see him.
59447886_350.png Just ahead, working on a platform of flatish rock raised above a tangle of fungi was a hatchling-sized gaoler. You trudge forward, entranced, and then pause as you notice the Weaver's body growing still. He turns his head up at you, ichor flooding from where his eyes should be. Your breath catches, the urge to flee from this unnatural creature nearly overtaking you.

"If this frightens you," he says, "you are not ready."

Your breath is quick and ragged, but you stand your ground against this tiny, ancient soul. He stands and turns toward you. Despite his size, he is a powerful presence atop his stone platform. It is impossible to read his expression.

"I-I do not fear you," you say. Your voice wavers, exposing the lie. The Weaver cocks his head to the side. Slime oozes from his eyes and onto the floor.

For a long moment, the only sounds are breathing. Then, finally, the gaoler speaks:
"What is it you seek?
gu5ClSA.png
pony
GxXqMtQ.png
Cyxh1YN.png
KgkXg4R.png
prices - - •
Hello! We unfortunately must come back to the real world to talk pricing.

I charge by the paragraph, which is typically 100 words or so. Of course, some paragraphs are longer and some are shorter, but when I say paragraph for my pricing, just translate it to "approximately 100 words!"
and don't worry, i won't give you a paragraph way under 100 words; i am better than that lol

For one paragraph of lore, I charge 10kt/g! This stacks, so if you want three paragraphs, it'll be 30kt/g, etc. If I end up writing over for your commission, I will not charge you extra! That's on me for writing more!

I am also willing to take USD and dragons as payment. For USD, I charge $1 per paragraph. For dragons, I like first gens, eyeburners and overall unique designs. I'm also always on the lookout for genes I need, so if you'd like to pay in those, let me know!

If your flight is currently dominant or you are Plague Flight, you can take 5% off your purchase. Additionally, newcomers with less than ten dragons will also get a 5% discount regardless of flight.

For something more in-depth than lore surrounding a dragon / clan, I will charge on a case-by-case basis. Writing a whole story is more taxing than writing a bio, after all! If this is something you'd be interested in, please send me a PM and we can talk about it. c:

I also am totally willing to write about characters other than dragons!

Disclaimer that all the lore you see in my lair is old and I'd like to think I'm a better writer now!
prices are negotiable; i have no idea what i'm doing
prices - - •
Hello! We unfortunately must come back to the real world to talk pricing.

I charge by the paragraph, which is typically 100 words or so. Of course, some paragraphs are longer and some are shorter, but when I say paragraph for my pricing, just translate it to "approximately 100 words!"
and don't worry, i won't give you a paragraph way under 100 words; i am better than that lol

For one paragraph of lore, I charge 10kt/g! This stacks, so if you want three paragraphs, it'll be 30kt/g, etc. If I end up writing over for your commission, I will not charge you extra! That's on me for writing more!

I am also willing to take USD and dragons as payment. For USD, I charge $1 per paragraph. For dragons, I like first gens, eyeburners and overall unique designs. I'm also always on the lookout for genes I need, so if you'd like to pay in those, let me know!

If your flight is currently dominant or you are Plague Flight, you can take 5% off your purchase. Additionally, newcomers with less than ten dragons will also get a 5% discount regardless of flight.

For something more in-depth than lore surrounding a dragon / clan, I will charge on a case-by-case basis. Writing a whole story is more taxing than writing a bio, after all! If this is something you'd be interested in, please send me a PM and we can talk about it. c:

I also am totally willing to write about characters other than dragons!

Disclaimer that all the lore you see in my lair is old and I'd like to think I'm a better writer now!
prices are negotiable; i have no idea what i'm doing
gu5ClSA.png
pony
GxXqMtQ.png
Cyxh1YN.png
KgkXg4R.png
[center][color=#33393C][font=rockwell][size=6]slots - - •[/font][/color] [font=courier][b]Before buying from me,[/b] please understand that your commission may take awhile! I'm currently in a very unstable living situation, so things go awry pretty often. Have patience, please. <3[/font][/center] [indent][font=courier][b]TAKEN SLOTS:[/b] - SpeckledNightSky (dragon bio) [size=2]done[/size] - CosmicJello (story) [size=2]100% paid[/size] - Littlewerewolf (dragon bio) [size=2]100% paid[/size] [b]PINGLIST:[/b] [size=1]@SpeckledNightSky[/size] To order from me, please fill out the following form and either post it here or PM it to me! If you're posting here, [b]please ping me[/b]! When you fill this out, I'll let you know if I think your paragraph approximation is doable and give you a quote.[/font][/indent] [code][b]Approximate # of paragraphs:[/b] [b]Type?[/b] (clan lore, character bio, etc.) [b]General Idea:[/b] (let me know your thoughts and ideas; what kind of narrative voice you want, about your characters, etc!) (plz remove things in parentheses, including this!)[/code] [indent][font=courier]If you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to ask! Just be sure to ping me so I see it![/font][/indent]
slots - - •

Before buying from me, please understand that your commission may take awhile! I'm currently in a very unstable living situation, so things go awry pretty often. Have patience, please. <3
TAKEN SLOTS:
- SpeckledNightSky (dragon bio) done
- CosmicJello (story) 100% paid
- Littlewerewolf (dragon bio) 100% paid
PINGLIST: @SpeckledNightSky

To order from me, please fill out the following form and either post it here or PM it to me! If you're posting here, please ping me! When you fill this out, I'll let you know if I think your paragraph approximation is doable and give you a quote.
Code:
[b]Approximate # of paragraphs:[/b] [b]Type?[/b] (clan lore, character bio, etc.) [b]General Idea:[/b] (let me know your thoughts and ideas; what kind of narrative voice you want, about your characters, etc!) (plz remove things in parentheses, including this!)
If you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to ask! Just be sure to ping me so I see it!
gu5ClSA.png
pony
GxXqMtQ.png
Cyxh1YN.png
KgkXg4R.png
we are open !
we are open !
gu5ClSA.png
pony
GxXqMtQ.png
Cyxh1YN.png
KgkXg4R.png
^
^
gu5ClSA.png
pony
GxXqMtQ.png
Cyxh1YN.png
KgkXg4R.png
^
^
gu5ClSA.png
pony
GxXqMtQ.png
Cyxh1YN.png
KgkXg4R.png
^
^
gu5ClSA.png
pony
GxXqMtQ.png
Cyxh1YN.png
KgkXg4R.png
^
^
gu5ClSA.png
pony
GxXqMtQ.png
Cyxh1YN.png
KgkXg4R.png
^
^
gu5ClSA.png
pony
GxXqMtQ.png
Cyxh1YN.png
KgkXg4R.png
@OverlordPony Windpop's wardrobe sign me up! [b]Approximate # of paragraphs: 4[/b] [b]Type: Somehwhat mixed?[/b] [b]General Idea: I have a swampy girl who I got from my friend and I made a good effort to look like it. She is literally the local swamp mom friend that sits in a puddle all day. She is pretty nice but I'm dry on lore and ideas. She is the bag lady to end all bag ladies. Really not sure how she came to be with the clan, and they all don't have lore. Everything is up to your creative mind.[/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58745575] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/587456/58745575_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=2]She will steal your toes and render your kneecaps useless..... unless you let her keep that old tic tac box that you have lying around.[/size]
@OverlordPony Windpop's wardrobe sign me up!

Approximate # of paragraphs: 4
Type: Somehwhat mixed?
General Idea: I have a swampy girl who I got from my friend and I made a good effort to look like it. She is literally the local swamp mom friend that sits in a puddle all day. She is pretty nice but I'm dry on lore and ideas. She is the bag lady to end all bag ladies. Really not sure how she came to be with the clan, and they all don't have lore. Everything is up to your creative mind.

58745575_350.png
She will steal your toes and render your kneecaps useless..... unless you let her keep that old tic tac box that you have lying around.
swan.gif
SpeckledNightSky
WKtl2lb.png
5nygeWH.png
mlHpBMC.png
ezgif-4-7712918976d1.gif Bonsai-gif-1.gif
1 2 3