Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Pippa's Portraits (CLOSED)
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
@SylvanMoon

Wow, you reply fast! I'm glad you like it. <3 It's always a pleasure to make art for you, you know.

I had a look through your lair again today and I've been meaning to ask, how do you procure so many rare and expensive retired items? The first thing that caught my eye was Meteon, the next dragon I will be drawing for you - his Windbound Plumage. I hope you don't mind me asking, and you don't have to answer, but where on Earth do you get the money to buy that, and almost every Sprite in the game? xD
@SylvanMoon

Wow, you reply fast! I'm glad you like it. <3 It's always a pleasure to make art for you, you know.

I had a look through your lair again today and I've been meaning to ask, how do you procure so many rare and expensive retired items? The first thing that caught my eye was Meteon, the next dragon I will be drawing for you - his Windbound Plumage. I hope you don't mind me asking, and you don't have to answer, but where on Earth do you get the money to buy that, and almost every Sprite in the game? xD
@Pippatis

Simple. I sell food. ^_^ That's pretty much my secret. Buy low, sell high. There's a link in my signature to my Food-Buying thread and you can see the prices I buy them for, then just check the AH (stacks of 99) for what I sell them at, usually in treasure.

My graphics shop helps, too, but I don't have much time for it now, and I've already limited my customer base to just old customers.

I also level dragons and sell to pushing flights (but not much now since I work). And sometimes, I simply flip stuff on the AH, especially battle items.

Brewing genes also net a tidy profit after you sell them on the AH. They just take a longer time, but at least, you level your cauldron while you do.

I'm pretty much saving for a Light Sprite now and am currently halfway there.
@Pippatis

Simple. I sell food. ^_^ That's pretty much my secret. Buy low, sell high. There's a link in my signature to my Food-Buying thread and you can see the prices I buy them for, then just check the AH (stacks of 99) for what I sell them at, usually in treasure.

My graphics shop helps, too, but I don't have much time for it now, and I've already limited my customer base to just old customers.

I also level dragons and sell to pushing flights (but not much now since I work). And sometimes, I simply flip stuff on the AH, especially battle items.

Brewing genes also net a tidy profit after you sell them on the AH. They just take a longer time, but at least, you level your cauldron while you do.

I'm pretty much saving for a Light Sprite now and am currently halfway there.
Vj90o7H.png
@SylvanMoon

Wow. I never thought of doing that! I spend a decent amount of time in the coliseum, and I've got tons of food stocked up - I've been so dumb and hoardselling most of it! I looked up some of the prices, and they are so much better than the instant profit you get from hoardselling. I'm so lazy, ahaha...

Brewing genes, huh... I've had my cauldron at max level for a really long time, and I've been looking for stuff to brew at night while I'm asleep. I never thought that those could turn a profit, since sometimes the materials themselves are difficult to get. That's good to know, though! I'm gonna have to try that.

I'm not so good at flipping stuff, either - I always feel like checking the AH for item prices takes so much time that I just don't really do it. I do get a decent amount of battle stones from the coli, but it usually takes me a few months to get around to actually selling them. xD

I feel like one has to be an extremely active player to get rich, but you do make it sound so easy! Thanks for the advice! :D
@SylvanMoon

Wow. I never thought of doing that! I spend a decent amount of time in the coliseum, and I've got tons of food stocked up - I've been so dumb and hoardselling most of it! I looked up some of the prices, and they are so much better than the instant profit you get from hoardselling. I'm so lazy, ahaha...

Brewing genes, huh... I've had my cauldron at max level for a really long time, and I've been looking for stuff to brew at night while I'm asleep. I never thought that those could turn a profit, since sometimes the materials themselves are difficult to get. That's good to know, though! I'm gonna have to try that.

I'm not so good at flipping stuff, either - I always feel like checking the AH for item prices takes so much time that I just don't really do it. I do get a decent amount of battle stones from the coli, but it usually takes me a few months to get around to actually selling them. xD

I feel like one has to be an extremely active player to get rich, but you do make it sound so easy! Thanks for the advice! :D
@Pippatis

Well, for battle stones, I just stick with the usuals: Haste, Rally, Elim, Ambush and Berserker. Everything else can be sold for 1g as far as I'm concerned. I also can't be bothered to check for each of their prices.

I admit being very active nets me more treasure but I think even a casual one would make a decent amount. Especially if you're in the game for the long haul. I've only been here almost 5 months and I can imagine even longer players must have accumulated even more.

You're welcome. Hope I helped you somehow!
@Pippatis

Well, for battle stones, I just stick with the usuals: Haste, Rally, Elim, Ambush and Berserker. Everything else can be sold for 1g as far as I'm concerned. I also can't be bothered to check for each of their prices.

I admit being very active nets me more treasure but I think even a casual one would make a decent amount. Especially if you're in the game for the long haul. I've only been here almost 5 months and I can imagine even longer players must have accumulated even more.

You're welcome. Hope I helped you somehow!
Vj90o7H.png
@Sienne Ooh, a name change! Here's Meteon, [i]finally[/i]! I have to admit he was a bit intimidating, I always have trouble with Skink and Spinner... but I think I'm kinda proud of this! I hope you like it. <3 [img]https://i.imgur.com/gQOSTTj.png[/img] Image URL is https://i.imgur.com/gQOSTTj.png I also thought it looked all right without the petals, so you can have both versions just in case. xD [img]https://i.imgur.com/iVFjgL8.png[/img] Image URL is https://i.imgur.com/iVFjgL8.png I saw you got your light sprite, that's awesome! I've been selling all the food I get from the coliseum, and I'm definitely not regretting it - although I'm definitely also not making as much treasure as you! xD
@Sienne

Ooh, a name change! Here's Meteon, finally! I have to admit he was a bit intimidating, I always have trouble with Skink and Spinner... but I think I'm kinda proud of this! I hope you like it. <3

gQOSTTj.png
Image URL is https://i.imgur.com/gQOSTTj.png

I also thought it looked all right without the petals, so you can have both versions just in case. xD

iVFjgL8.png
Image URL is https://i.imgur.com/iVFjgL8.png

I saw you got your light sprite, that's awesome! I've been selling all the food I get from the coliseum, and I'm definitely not regretting it - although I'm definitely also not making as much treasure as you! xD
@Pippatis

Oh he looks amazing! You did a wonderful job and I do believe he was good practice for you in terms of coloring because your blending of his colors looks fantastic. He's such an eyeburner. Lol.

Thank you so much!!
@Pippatis

Oh he looks amazing! You did a wonderful job and I do believe he was good practice for you in terms of coloring because your blending of his colors looks fantastic. He's such an eyeburner. Lol.

Thank you so much!!
Vj90o7H.png
@Sienne Oof, it's been 5 months. And I said I wasn't gonna take that long. [img]https://i.imgur.com/thg8D76.png[/img] That's why you deserve this. Okay, I know this is probably a little more than what you paid for. Don't worry, I'm not gonna ask for more. I have no excuses as to why this is so late. Other than all that, the last two dragons you paid me to draw are missing from your lair, I see! If you'd like, you can send me two new ones to draw? Up to you! If you want me to draw them I'm hoping to get them done soon, and I'm not just saying that this time. Been on a roll these days. Again though, I'm sorry this took so long!
@Sienne

Oof, it's been 5 months. And I said I wasn't gonna take that long.

thg8D76.png

That's why you deserve this. Okay, I know this is probably a little more than what you paid for. Don't worry, I'm not gonna ask for more. I have no excuses as to why this is so late.

Other than all that, the last two dragons you paid me to draw are missing from your lair, I see! If you'd like, you can send me two new ones to draw? Up to you! If you want me to draw them I'm hoping to get them done soon, and I'm not just saying that this time. Been on a roll these days. Again though, I'm sorry this took so long!
@Pippatis Oooohhhhh, she's gorgeous! Thanks so much! No excuses needed. I don't mind. <3 I, um, exalted the other two. Wanted to keep a G1 lair except for imps but I can't bear to get rid of my other old non-G1s. Here are two new ones and I'm sending over a tip for the awesome work! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44185274] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/441853/44185274_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42687281] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/426873/42687281_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Pippatis

Oooohhhhh, she's gorgeous! Thanks so much! No excuses needed. I don't mind. <3 I, um, exalted the other two. Wanted to keep a G1 lair except for imps but I can't bear to get rid of my other old non-G1s.

Here are two new ones and I'm sending over a tip for the awesome work!

44185274_350.png

42687281_350.png

Vj90o7H.png
@Pippatis Wanted to show you the piece with the background and also to tell you that I added an eye and touched up the upper lip a little. The eye seemed kind of missing to me. I hope you don't mind but if you'd prefer not to have your work modified in any way at all or to do the changes yourself, please, please let me know. I don't mean to offend, I just don't want to add any more work on your shoulders if you're busy. Thank you again for the wonderful work! [img]https://i.imgur.com/4189LDx.png[/img]
@Pippatis

Wanted to show you the piece with the background and also to tell you that I added an eye and touched up the upper lip a little. The eye seemed kind of missing to me. I hope you don't mind but if you'd prefer not to have your work modified in any way at all or to do the changes yourself, please, please let me know. I don't mean to offend, I just don't want to add any more work on your shoulders if you're busy. Thank you again for the wonderful work!

4189LDx.png
Vj90o7H.png
@Sienne

Ahaha, it's fine. I did realize when I was close to finishing it that the other eye probably should have been visible - but when I was trying to fix it, I only made it look worse. I'm sorry I made so many mistakes on her face. If you'd like I can play with it a little more, but your edits look fine, although the lip looks kind of janky since I was trying to have her tilt her head somewhat, so her nose is now a bit misplaced. XD Perhaps for now, I'll stay away from front-facing poses... I went to change her up a little bit just now, but I'm not sure I have the heart to.

I had intended to wait until I had another piece for you, but my birthday is coming up quick and I haven't had much time to draw. Thank you so much for the tip, though! I really do appreciate it. I'm working on Zanthos now, but I may not finish him for a couple of days. I, ah, I'll try to make sure he doesn't look so strange. I do want all my work to be satisfactory, again, I'm sorry for the issues.
@Sienne

Ahaha, it's fine. I did realize when I was close to finishing it that the other eye probably should have been visible - but when I was trying to fix it, I only made it look worse. I'm sorry I made so many mistakes on her face. If you'd like I can play with it a little more, but your edits look fine, although the lip looks kind of janky since I was trying to have her tilt her head somewhat, so her nose is now a bit misplaced. XD Perhaps for now, I'll stay away from front-facing poses... I went to change her up a little bit just now, but I'm not sure I have the heart to.

I had intended to wait until I had another piece for you, but my birthday is coming up quick and I haven't had much time to draw. Thank you so much for the tip, though! I really do appreciate it. I'm working on Zanthos now, but I may not finish him for a couple of days. I, ah, I'll try to make sure he doesn't look so strange. I do want all my work to be satisfactory, again, I'm sorry for the issues.
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23