Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | PWYW Stories and Bios! (Closed)
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
@hatterlet
OHHH i loooove lt!!!c:
i'm not good at open a price so can you PM me with the price others offer?
@hatterlet
OHHH i loooove lt!!!c:
i'm not good at open a price so can you PM me with the price others offer?
1909391_n5t78myY5g3IX7h.png
@MightyVildaTilda - SSOOOOOO SORRY about the delay on this! I finally got some time to be able to work on Hrimfaxi. Let me know what you think of this, and if it works for you! [quote][center]Hrimfaxi[/center] He just wanted to get to the Mistral Jamboree. He heard there was going to be some great music there this year. Instead he found himself upside down in a snowdrift, legs wiggling pathetically in the cold air of the Icefields. That shady Ridgeback in the back of that caravan must have given him something a bit more pungent than usual. The mushrooms seemed normal enough. Maybe he should have been more suspicious of that soft green glow. He hadn't hesitated, though, and popped the tiny fungi into a pouch around his neck before launching back into the air. The atmosphere seemed muggier than usual, he noted with a sort of detached interest, and filled with glittering motes. Neat. He swore he flew straight and true. Dragons flying by later told tales of that strange Nocturne they had passed on the way to the Jamboree, looping in odd complicated patterns, dipping low to the ground then shooting back up into the sky, camouflaged by wispy clouds. He briefly shook free of the delirium somewhere over the vast Sea of a Thousand Currents, the salt spray splashing gently against his face and washing the scent from his nostrils. He was quickly distracted, though, by a pod of passing Depin and found himself far too waterlogged when he tried to follow them beneath the waves. It wouldn't be long now, he thought, before he reached the Jamboree. Wind and Water shared a border, after all. He just had to fly southeast. No problem. But the bamboo he was expecting instead looked an awful lot like the stately golden pines of Light. He found himself dodging lightning through Carrion Canyon, rather than traversing the steppes of the Windswept Plateau, and soon all landmarks disappeared into a vast ocean. Where was he? *** He felt something paw at his snowy tomb. While the thought of succumbing to frostbite had initially occurred to him as a good plan, peaceful and quiet, the cold was starting to cause a persistent ache in his wing joints. When the snow crumbled away from his face and a no-nonsense Fae peered in, he was more than happy to accompany her (on weak,. limping limbs) back to her lair. He was greeted by dragons of all shapes and sizes, curious to see what their fierce little Fae had bundled home this time. Unceremoniously he was shoved into a warm nest, broth proffered and nearly poured down his stiff and somewhat dry throat. When he woke, some days later, and discovered that his little pouch was gone, he decided it would be best not to ask too many questions. The ever present Fae dragon seemed to echo his thoughts with a steely glare. Instead, he fielded questions from clan members who all were curious to meet the newest patient. Finally, after weeks spent languishing in his sickbed, his tiny physician deemed him well. He could go, she said, return to his travels. Other members of the clan accompanied her, saying their farewells. As he left the warmth of the lair, the cold wind of the Icefields met his face once more. He looked out over the icy floes, the snow covered tundras, and realized he had no idea where he was. He dashed back into the lair amidst a storm of laughter, a sheepish grin plastered across his face. Maybe, he thought, as he basked in the warmth,both of fire and of friendship, it wouldn't be so bad to stay here.[/quote] [code]Lore by: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1532188/1]Hatterlet[/url][/code]
@MightyVildaTilda -

SSOOOOOO SORRY about the delay on this! I finally got some time to be able to work on Hrimfaxi. Let me know what you think of this, and if it works for you!
Quote:
Hrimfaxi

He just wanted to get to the Mistral Jamboree. He heard there was going to be some great music there this year. Instead he found himself upside down in a snowdrift, legs wiggling pathetically in the cold air of the Icefields.

That shady Ridgeback in the back of that caravan must have given him something a bit more pungent than usual. The mushrooms seemed normal enough. Maybe he should have been more suspicious of that soft green glow. He hadn't hesitated, though, and popped the tiny fungi into a pouch around his neck before launching back into the air. The atmosphere seemed muggier than usual, he noted with a sort of detached interest, and filled with glittering motes. Neat.

He swore he flew straight and true. Dragons flying by later told tales of that strange Nocturne they had passed on the way to the Jamboree, looping in odd complicated patterns, dipping low to the ground then shooting back up into the sky, camouflaged by wispy clouds.

He briefly shook free of the delirium somewhere over the vast Sea of a Thousand Currents, the salt spray splashing gently against his face and washing the scent from his nostrils. He was quickly distracted, though, by a pod of passing Depin and found himself far too waterlogged when he tried to follow them beneath the waves.

It wouldn't be long now, he thought, before he reached the Jamboree. Wind and Water shared a border, after all. He just had to fly southeast. No problem. But the bamboo he was expecting instead looked an awful lot like the stately golden pines of Light. He found himself dodging lightning through Carrion Canyon, rather than traversing the steppes of the Windswept Plateau, and soon all landmarks disappeared into a vast ocean. Where was he?

He felt something paw at his snowy tomb. While the thought of succumbing to frostbite had initially occurred to him as a good plan, peaceful and quiet, the cold was starting to cause a persistent ache in his wing joints. When the snow crumbled away from his face and a no-nonsense Fae peered in, he was more than happy to accompany her (on weak,. limping limbs) back to her lair. He was greeted by dragons of all shapes and sizes, curious to see what their fierce little Fae had bundled home this time. Unceremoniously he was shoved into a warm nest, broth proffered and nearly poured down his stiff and somewhat dry throat. When he woke, some days later, and discovered that his little pouch was gone, he decided it would be best not to ask too many questions. The ever present Fae dragon seemed to echo his thoughts with a steely glare. Instead, he fielded questions from clan members who all were curious to meet the newest patient.

Finally, after weeks spent languishing in his sickbed, his tiny physician deemed him well. He could go, she said, return to his travels. Other members of the clan accompanied her, saying their farewells.

As he left the warmth of the lair, the cold wind of the Icefields met his face once more. He looked out over the icy floes, the snow covered tundras, and realized he had no idea where he was.

He dashed back into the lair amidst a storm of laughter, a sheepish grin plastered across his face. Maybe, he thought, as he basked in the warmth,both of fire and of friendship, it wouldn't be so bad to stay here.
Code:
Lore by: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1532188/1]Hatterlet[/url]
tumblr_nt5mseVkV71qgs2k4o1_250.gif
So, if you haven't checked the first post, I just this week got an offer for a new job! That's really great news for me, since I'm about ready to tear my hair out at my existing one. I'll be taking some time to finish current commissions, and then will probably keep the shop closed for a bit until I get things settled in.

So, if you haven't checked the first post, I just this week got an offer for a new job! That's really great news for me, since I'm about ready to tear my hair out at my existing one. I'll be taking some time to finish current commissions, and then will probably keep the shop closed for a bit until I get things settled in.

@hatterlet

Ahh, that is awesome! :'D I love it! And I had completely forgotten about this completely. xD I'm going to assume I haven't paid you yet?
@hatterlet

Ahh, that is awesome! :'D I love it! And I had completely forgotten about this completely. xD I'm going to assume I haven't paid you yet?
___________________ 70571229.png ______
adult player | FR+9 | lore fanatic
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
@MightyVildaTilda -

I'm so glad! I was finishing it late last night and wasn't sure how objective I could be at editing, so I'm glad you like it! And yes, I usually don't ask for payment until after a piece is finished. ^-^
@MightyVildaTilda -

I'm so glad! I was finishing it late last night and wasn't sure how objective I could be at editing, so I'm glad you like it! And yes, I usually don't ask for payment until after a piece is finished. ^-^
@hatterlet

Awesome! Sending over payment now~ also, would it be possible to get a ping when you open shop again, maybe?
@hatterlet

Awesome! Sending over payment now~ also, would it be possible to get a ping when you open shop again, maybe?
___________________ 70571229.png ______
adult player | FR+9 | lore fanatic
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
@QuickSilvr Alright, so I initially misread the prompt and thought that the bit about Eliza's pearl being stolen was supposed to be in the second story. That being said, here's what I have for Angelica. If you prefer, I will rework it. For what I have planned currently, though, the pearl is the major catalyst for the second part. Let me know what you think. [quote][center]Angelica[/center] Angelica crouched at her workstation, her tail curled neatly around her feet as she tinkered with the coil of wire in her claws. The lair was dark except for the light of one spark-lamp, a device of her own invention. Her one aqua eye seemed to glow as she sent slow, regular bursts of electricity through the wire. Sparks scattered as her claws came in contact with the metal. There was something wrong with this coil. She felt it somewhere inside her, but she couldn't explain why or how she knew this. She unwound the spool further, running her fingers along the thin strand of copper. There - an imperfection in the metal. It didn't feel any different, even in her sensitive hands, but somehow she knew. Hesitantly she sent another jolt of power through the wire and was mildly surprised when it instantly melted. Her orange eye flickered. The molten copper felt warm, but not blisteringly hot. She had the desire to mold it, to shape it. She almost turned to seek a drawing plate, to pull the rapidly cooling puddle into another thin string of wire. Then, she shook her head. What did she know of forging? She was an engineer. "Mistress Engineer." a monotone voice seemed to echo her thoughts and helped to shake her from her reverie. A small yellow Fae appeared at her elbow. "How many times," she said, addressing the deferential Fae without turning. "How many times have I asked you not to call me that, Button?" "That is your rank, Mistress Engineer." "Stormcatcher take my rank," Angelica swore under her breath. Fae always managed to get under her scales. "Just Angelica. Please Button, just use my name." "Mistress Engineer Angelica," the Fae intoned as Angelica grasped at her mane in frustration. "You have a visitor." "Wha -" the Imperial turned to see a second shadowy figure lurking in the doorway. "Come in, please!" The figure soon resolved itself into a young Pearlcatcher. In the darkness of her workshop, Angelica could only make out a set of crimson wings, eerily similar to her own. "Can I help you?" Angelica called as Button bowed low, waving the dragon into the chamber before whisking herself away. The Pearlcatcher stepped forward into the dim pool of light cast by Angelica's flickering spark-lamp and fixed her gaze on the Imperial, one glittering orange eye staring out of the gloom. "I've been sent as a messenger from the Taloncry clan." she said, her voice low and crackling like fire. Angelica immediately liked her. "We'd like to set up a trading partnership with your clan here in the Expanse." "And what are the terms?" Angelica asked. The Pearlcatcher shifted and produced a worn leather knapsack. She emptied it's contents onto Angelica's worktable. Gears and cogs spilled across the surface, rivets, bolts, spools of glittering wire in gold, silver, copper and a strange blueish metal Angelica didn't recognize. A treasure trove for any respectable Lightning dragon. "Technology." the Pearlcatcher answered as the bits finally settled. "We can prepare the parts but my blacksmiths and forgemasters have not the skill or knowledge to apply them. We supply your clan with any piece, any part, and in turn you provide us with your lightning magic." She gestured at the lamp. "Things like this." For a moment the Pearlcatcher was silent, her claw hovering around the globe of light. Her hand tensed as though she wanted to reach out and snatch it. Angelica had gently laid her claws on a coil of silver wire. The same strange sense that told her the copper was wrong caused this spool to sing at her touch. It was perfect. A strange yearning awoke in her. She [i]wanted[/i] it. "Agreed." Angelica said abruptly. "As a sign of good faith and hope for a successful partnership, I gift you with the lamp. I will keep these." Her claws closed around the knot of wire. The Pearlcatcher seemed to catch her breath, and she reached reverently for the lamp once more. "Thank you, Mistress Engineer." She inclined her head, and turned to leave. "Please -" Angelica called as the Pearlcatcher started to exit. "Call me Angelica. What is your name?" The Pearlcatcher turned once more, and, holding the lamp, her face was clearly illuminated for the first time. One orange eye glittered in her face, accompanied by one turquoise eye. Angelica gasped. "I am Eliza." [/quote] [code]Lore by: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1532188/1]Hatterlet[/url][/code]
@QuickSilvr

Alright, so I initially misread the prompt and thought that the bit about Eliza's pearl being stolen was supposed to be in the second story. That being said, here's what I have for Angelica. If you prefer, I will rework it. For what I have planned currently, though, the pearl is the major catalyst for the second part. Let me know what you think.
Quote:
Angelica

Angelica crouched at her workstation, her tail curled neatly around her feet as she tinkered with the coil of wire in her claws. The lair was dark except for the light of one spark-lamp, a device of her own invention. Her one aqua eye seemed to glow as she sent slow, regular bursts of electricity through the wire. Sparks scattered as her claws came in contact with the metal. There was something wrong with this coil. She felt it somewhere inside her, but she couldn't explain why or how she knew this. She unwound the spool further, running her fingers along the thin strand of copper. There - an imperfection in the metal. It didn't feel any different, even in her sensitive hands, but somehow she knew. Hesitantly she sent another jolt of power through the wire and was mildly surprised when it instantly melted. Her orange eye flickered. The molten copper felt warm, but not blisteringly hot. She had the desire to mold it, to shape it. She almost turned to seek a drawing plate, to pull the rapidly cooling puddle into another thin string of wire. Then, she shook her head. What did she know of forging? She was an engineer.

"Mistress Engineer." a monotone voice seemed to echo her thoughts and helped to shake her from her reverie. A small yellow Fae appeared at her elbow.

"How many times," she said, addressing the deferential Fae without turning. "How many times have I asked you not to call me that, Button?"

"That is your rank, Mistress Engineer."

"Stormcatcher take my rank," Angelica swore under her breath. Fae always managed to get under her scales. "Just Angelica. Please Button, just use my name."

"Mistress Engineer Angelica," the Fae intoned as Angelica grasped at her mane in frustration. "You have a visitor."

"Wha -" the Imperial turned to see a second shadowy figure lurking in the doorway. "Come in, please!" The figure soon resolved itself into a young Pearlcatcher. In the darkness of her workshop, Angelica could only make out a set of crimson wings, eerily similar to her own. "Can I help you?" Angelica called as Button bowed low, waving the dragon into the chamber before whisking herself away. The Pearlcatcher stepped forward into the dim pool of light cast by Angelica's flickering spark-lamp and fixed her gaze on the Imperial, one glittering orange eye staring out of the gloom.

"I've been sent as a messenger from the Taloncry clan." she said, her voice low and crackling like fire. Angelica immediately liked her. "We'd like to set up a trading partnership with your clan here in the Expanse."

"And what are the terms?" Angelica asked. The Pearlcatcher shifted and produced a worn leather knapsack. She emptied it's contents onto Angelica's worktable. Gears and cogs spilled across the surface, rivets, bolts, spools of glittering wire in gold, silver, copper and a strange blueish metal Angelica didn't recognize. A treasure trove for any respectable Lightning dragon.

"Technology." the Pearlcatcher answered as the bits finally settled. "We can prepare the parts but my blacksmiths and forgemasters have not the skill or knowledge to apply them. We supply your clan with any piece, any part, and in turn you provide us with your lightning magic." She gestured at the lamp. "Things like this." For a moment the Pearlcatcher was silent, her claw hovering around the globe of light. Her hand tensed as though she wanted to reach out and snatch it.

Angelica had gently laid her claws on a coil of silver wire. The same strange sense that told her the copper was wrong caused this spool to sing at her touch. It was perfect. A strange yearning awoke in her. She wanted it.

"Agreed." Angelica said abruptly. "As a sign of good faith and hope for a successful partnership, I gift you with the lamp. I will keep these." Her claws closed around the knot of wire. The Pearlcatcher seemed to catch her breath, and she reached reverently for the lamp once more.

"Thank you, Mistress Engineer." She inclined her head, and turned to leave.

"Please -" Angelica called as the Pearlcatcher started to exit. "Call me Angelica. What is your name?"

The Pearlcatcher turned once more, and, holding the lamp, her face was clearly illuminated for the first time. One orange eye glittered in her face, accompanied by one turquoise eye. Angelica gasped.

"I am Eliza."
Code:
Lore by: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1532188/1]Hatterlet[/url]
@hatterlet

This is such a late reply, I'm so sorry. I think it works fine without the pearl disappearing here so no need to change it. If you don't mind could you make it that Angelica is actually in my main clan? (Silverwind) She works for Wisp and while Wisp is pretty far removed from the clan he still calls clan territory home. I can change it myself if you don't mind, I'm pretty sure it's all just minor edits

Also do you mind if I pay you after you've completed both of them? I need to finish a commission so I have enough gems for you first.
@hatterlet

This is such a late reply, I'm so sorry. I think it works fine without the pearl disappearing here so no need to change it. If you don't mind could you make it that Angelica is actually in my main clan? (Silverwind) She works for Wisp and while Wisp is pretty far removed from the clan he still calls clan territory home. I can change it myself if you don't mind, I'm pretty sure it's all just minor edits

Also do you mind if I pay you after you've completed both of them? I need to finish a commission so I have enough gems for you first.
dcw9en6-f07ad240-1627-4c03-8fca-15fd079eb086.jpg
@QuickSIlvr -

Yup yup I can do that. I wasn't sure where in the timeline this fit in, if it was before or after she met Wisp. I'll get that and the other have put together ASAP for you. And yes, no rush on payment. ^-^
@QuickSIlvr -

Yup yup I can do that. I wasn't sure where in the timeline this fit in, if it was before or after she met Wisp. I'll get that and the other have put together ASAP for you. And yes, no rush on payment. ^-^
@hatterlet

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Both Eliza and Angelica have no idea about the feud between the clans and Wisp is so removed from the main clan, so thats how I'm bypassing the fact that there's no way Ruston would ever let Eliza come anywhere near the plateau.
@hatterlet

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Both Eliza and Angelica have no idea about the feud between the clans and Wisp is so removed from the main clan, so thats how I'm bypassing the fact that there's no way Ruston would ever let Eliza come anywhere near the plateau.
dcw9en6-f07ad240-1627-4c03-8fca-15fd079eb086.jpg
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20