Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | [ CLOSED - DRAWING RESULTS ]
1 2 3 4 5
@Fairie I love how you've explained some of the stuff! I'm glad I extended for more entreis! This line tho [quote=Fairie](coatls and skydancers look pree mad) [/quote] So true. Entry recorded!
@Fairie
I love how you've explained some of the stuff! I'm glad I extended for more entreis!

This line tho
Fairie wrote:
(coatls and skydancers look pree mad)
So true.

Entry recorded!
Bump for more entires.
Bump for more entires.
[quote name="Illrathuleon" date=2015-06-22 09:15:51] @Fairie I love how you've explained some of the stuff! I'm glad I extended for more entreis! This line tho [quote=Fairie](coatls and skydancers look pree mad) [/quote] So true. Entry recorded! [/quote] I'm glad you like it and that you agree! Hope you find a design you love!
Illrathuleon wrote on 2015-06-22:
@Fairie
I love how you've explained some of the stuff! I'm glad I extended for more entreis!

This line tho
Fairie wrote:
(coatls and skydancers look pree mad)
So true.

Entry recorded!

I'm glad you like it and that you agree! Hope you find a design you love!
xlD1FHM.gif[/img]
@Illrathuleon [quote][font=Century Gothic][size=4] DRAGONSONA DESIGN COMPETITION[/size][/font][font=Verdana] [b]Username:[/b] shanncrafter [b]ID #:[/b]84422 [u]Design Image[/u] [img]http://i.imgur.com/y9NZRXf.png[/img] [u]Design Details[/u] [b]Breed:[/b]Pearlcatcher [b]Primary:[/b] Chocolate Speckle [b]Secondary:[/b] Crimson Facet [b]Tertiary:[/b] Jungle Spines [b][url=http://imgur.com/TCTJiJR](Crimson tert alternative) [/url][/b] [u]Explanation[/u] She sort of seems like a pearlcatcher to me, I guess. All that adapting to monsters and stuff are just memories and layers on her pearl. Maybe she carries a physical imprint of a memory wherever she goes, and this time it was in the form of a pearl. Also pearlcatchers seem kind of wistful and I don't know why? Especially the female ones. Of course a wood elf would need to blend in the forest, though the bright hair and stuff give her away. I'm actually not sure about the tert colour though. Maybe something that goes nicely with her present colours. She wouldn't look half-bad with a simple harp either.
@Illrathuleon
Quote:
DRAGONSONA DESIGN COMPETITION
Username: shanncrafter
ID #:84422

Design Image
y9NZRXf.png

Design Details
Breed:Pearlcatcher
Primary: Chocolate Speckle
Secondary: Crimson Facet
Tertiary: Jungle Spines

(Crimson tert alternative)

Explanation
She sort of seems like a pearlcatcher to me, I guess. All that adapting to monsters and stuff are just memories and layers on her pearl. Maybe she carries a physical imprint of a memory wherever she goes, and this time it was in the form of a pearl. Also pearlcatchers seem kind of wistful and I don't know why? Especially the female ones. Of course a wood elf would need to blend in the forest, though the bright hair and stuff give her away. I'm actually not sure about the tert colour though. Maybe something that goes nicely with her present colours. She wouldn't look half-bad with a simple harp either.
tumblr_o8jld6tRHZ1tv56zio6_250.png __
>> hatchery
>> lore aesthetics shop
@Illrathuleon [quote][font=Century Gothic][size=4] DRAGONSONA DESIGN COMPETITION[/size][/font][font=Verdana] [b]Username:[/b] Kizmetto [b]ID #:[/b] 59149 [u]Design Image[/u] [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=48&wing=48&style=5&gender=1&ages=1&prig=3&secg=5&tert=60&elem=2&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png[/img] [u]Design Details[/u] [b]Breed:[/b] Ridgeback [b]Primary:[/b] Fire Clown [b]Secondary:[/b] Fire Seraph [b]Tertiary:[/b] Blood Underbelly Sand/Sand/Blood also works well nicely. I know you did not ask for X/X colours but theres just so much variation with these genes i just had to try y'know! [u]Explanation[/u] You say she's adaptive and has bard like qualities, i see she also really likes monsters and is an elf. So she'd want to blend in rather well now wouldnt she? And With the dark shades found in Fire, she has a mask. She can easily be a monster to mirror the monsters she is trying to befriends, whilst also maintaining rather whimsical and warm colours and patterns which can appeal to her clan mates and whilst sing song. Some apparel suggestions... [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/4320.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/10657.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/1094.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/11226.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/2961.png[/img][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/3681.png[/img] [/font][/quote]
@Illrathuleon
Quote:
Username: Kizmetto
ID #: 59149

Design Image
dragonpic2.php?body=48&wing=48&style=5&gender=1&ages=1&prig=3&secg=5&tert=60&elem=2&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png

Design Details
Breed: Ridgeback
Primary: Fire Clown
Secondary: Fire Seraph
Tertiary: Blood Underbelly
Sand/Sand/Blood also works well nicely. I know you did not ask for X/X colours but theres just so much variation with these genes i just had to try y'know!

Explanation
You say she's adaptive and has bard like qualities, i see she also really likes monsters and is an elf. So she'd want to blend in rather well now wouldnt she? And With the dark shades found in Fire, she has a mask. She can easily be a monster to mirror the monsters she is trying to befriends, whilst also maintaining rather whimsical and warm colours and patterns which can appeal to her clan mates and whilst sing song.

Some apparel suggestions...
4320.png 10657.png1094.png
11226.png2961.png3681.png

@shanncrafter
Huh, I guess that's true, her red hair would kinda stand out. I actually do like the brown speckle body kinda feel, hm!

@Kizmetto
HNNG. I like how clown looks too, and it matched with the seraph colours because of the XX. I never thought about it that way! @_@'

Thanks for the eyeopeners in concept as well guys!
Entry recorded!
@shanncrafter
Huh, I guess that's true, her red hair would kinda stand out. I actually do like the brown speckle body kinda feel, hm!

@Kizmetto
HNNG. I like how clown looks too, and it matched with the seraph colours because of the XX. I never thought about it that way! @_@'

Thanks for the eyeopeners in concept as well guys!
Entry recorded!
@Excalipur

Self ping so I can find this and apply tomorrow. c:
@Excalipur

Self ping so I can find this and apply tomorrow. c:
dWGLTYy.png
bump ;w;
bump ;w;
@Illrathuleon [quote][font=Century Gothic][size=4] DRAGONSONA DESIGN COMPETITION[/size][/font][font=Verdana] [b]Username:[/b] Gregarious [b]ID #:[/b] 106246 [u]Design Image[/u] [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=2&wing=62&style=13&gender=1&ages=1&prig=8&secg=6&tert=45&elem=2&tertgene=8&spec=prev.png[/img] [size=2]Alternate Hair Colors: [url=http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=2&wing=59&style=13&gender=1&ages=1&prig=8&secg=6&tert=45&elem=2&tertgene=8&spec=prev.png]Crimson[/url] | [url=http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=2&wing=58&style=13&gender=1&ages=1&prig=8&secg=6&tert=45&elem=2&tertgene=8&spec=prev.png]Tomato[/url][/size] [u]Design Details[/u] [b]Breed:[/b] Skydancer [b]Primary:[/b] Vipera [b]Secondary:[/b] Current [b]Tertiary:[/b] Spines [u]Explanation[/u] I wanted to give your dragonsona a more realistic shade of red -- which, in reality, is more like a gold-orange-copper fusion -- for her hair. Since pretty much all red-haired people with natural locks are pale- or fair-skinned, I decided to apply that to your dragonsona as well. Wood elves are not necessarily dark-skinned either (it all just depends on climate and region really), so I felt that the fair-skinned thing would fit in just fine. Besides, having pale skin really off-sets the color of your 'sonas hair, really making it pop out and adding to its over-all personality (think blood on snow, or a winter fire). I also added crimson- and tomato-colored variants, just in case you wanted a slightly different shade of hair color. You mentioning wood elves eventually got me thinking about the ethnic groups that are present in my city. Even as a child, I was fascinated by all the strange and exotic-looking traditions that they uphold and have upheld for centuries. One of the traditions that I've always liked best is the special tribal tattoo art that I often see on the fully-fledged (that is, those of age and have proven themselves moral and upstanding members of society) men and women of the tribes. The styles tend to be different depending on the tribe, but the meanings of the symbols are more or less the same. Large, shaded circles usually represent the moon, who (according to tribal legend) is playful and whimsical by nature because she teases her lover -- the sun -- by always traveling several paces ahead of him; he patiently plays her game and chases after her, creating the cycles for day and night. Lastly, I decided to give your 'sona gold spines for her tertiary because it kind of represents the special gold jewelry that only artisans and performers are allowed to wear. It is not a well-known tribal practice, despite it being one of the oldest that I know of, but it is still observed because it distinguishes those who have been gifted by the tribal gods with special skills (like singing, dancing, prose-making, weaving, etc.). [/font][/quote]
@Illrathuleon
Quote:
Username: Gregarious
ID #: 106246

Design Image
dragonpic2.php?body=2&wing=62&style=13&gender=1&ages=1&prig=8&secg=6&tert=45&elem=2&tertgene=8&spec=prev.png
Alternate Hair Colors: Crimson | Tomato

Design Details
Breed: Skydancer
Primary: Vipera
Secondary: Current
Tertiary: Spines

Explanation

I wanted to give your dragonsona a more realistic shade of red -- which, in reality, is more like a gold-orange-copper fusion -- for her hair. Since pretty much all red-haired people with natural locks are pale- or fair-skinned, I decided to apply that to your dragonsona as well. Wood elves are not necessarily dark-skinned either (it all just depends on climate and region really), so I felt that the fair-skinned thing would fit in just fine. Besides, having pale skin really off-sets the color of your 'sonas hair, really making it pop out and adding to its over-all personality (think blood on snow, or a winter fire). I also added crimson- and tomato-colored variants, just in case you wanted a slightly different shade of hair color.

You mentioning wood elves eventually got me thinking about the ethnic groups that are present in my city. Even as a child, I was fascinated by all the strange and exotic-looking traditions that they uphold and have upheld for centuries. One of the traditions that I've always liked best is the special tribal tattoo art that I often see on the fully-fledged (that is, those of age and have proven themselves moral and upstanding members of society) men and women of the tribes. The styles tend to be different depending on the tribe, but the meanings of the symbols are more or less the same. Large, shaded circles usually represent the moon, who (according to tribal legend) is playful and whimsical by nature because she teases her lover -- the sun -- by always traveling several paces ahead of him; he patiently plays her game and chases after her, creating the cycles for day and night.

Lastly, I decided to give your 'sona gold spines for her tertiary because it kind of represents the special gold jewelry that only artisans and performers are allowed to wear. It is not a well-known tribal practice, despite it being one of the oldest that I know of, but it is still observed because it distinguishes those who have been gifted by the tribal gods with special skills (like singing, dancing, prose-making, weaving, etc.).
tumblr_nh64rms0ri1qmza3yo1_250.png
@Gregarious

Thank you for joining!

And thank you for the eyeopener that you've given me!
All these new information backs a well thought out design!

What culture did you referenced from? The Native Americans?
@Gregarious

Thank you for joining!

And thank you for the eyeopener that you've given me!
All these new information backs a well thought out design!

What culture did you referenced from? The Native Americans?
1 2 3 4 5