Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Clan Profile Refactor
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 47 48
Aaaah it's so big why is everything so big I need to hide it

If comments are going to be so big could there be a way to just disable comments happening on the profile?
Aaaah it's so big why is everything so big I need to hide it

If comments are going to be so big could there be a way to just disable comments happening on the profile?
The clan profiles are stunning! I especially LOVE the extra space for clan info. Thanks for all the great work!
The clan profiles are stunning! I especially LOVE the extra space for clan info. Thanks for all the great work!
wooHHhh not fan of it...? comments seem too overpowering, player info box feels so weird all so boxed up when rest floats. it is weirdly balanced, weird mix of thin and bold?

ALSO how we still don't have preview for profile? I just can't lol. I am glad editing box is bigger and whole clan info itself is bigger and we have options, but just as with dragon bios - why don't we have preview? :/

I can see some neat things, but idk... I really feel this needs some more work
wooHHhh not fan of it...? comments seem too overpowering, player info box feels so weird all so boxed up when rest floats. it is weirdly balanced, weird mix of thin and bold?

ALSO how we still don't have preview for profile? I just can't lol. I am glad editing box is bigger and whole clan info itself is bigger and we have options, but just as with dragon bios - why don't we have preview? :/

I can see some neat things, but idk... I really feel this needs some more work
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
I don't really mind the vista showing, and I'm glad more of my bio shows now, but I really am not a fan of the way that comments show up. It just feels a little busy there? Like there is a lot going on down on the bottom of the clan profile. Other than that it is alright.
I don't really mind the vista showing, and I'm glad more of my bio shows now, but I really am not a fan of the way that comments show up. It just feels a little busy there? Like there is a lot going on down on the bottom of the clan profile. Other than that it is alright.
4fr206l.png
Thanks for the update! It's nice to have more profile room.

I have a few critiques:

The first is the arrangement of the box that holds our avatar and join date in two columns. Everywhere else on site such as the forums and dragon bios when vistas are enabled, the avatar is on the left. In the new profile, the avatar is on the right. It looks wrong because it opposes the placement of avatars everywhere else.

There is also a lot of awkward space in this box underneath the dragon/beastiary/forum post icons.

My last major issue is the text size of the usernames who comment on your profile. It's currently larger than all of the informational headers on the profile page, making it a confusing priority for the eyes and giving it a bloated appearance.

That's the major stuff for now. Thank you for your hard work always!
Thanks for the update! It's nice to have more profile room.

I have a few critiques:

The first is the arrangement of the box that holds our avatar and join date in two columns. Everywhere else on site such as the forums and dragon bios when vistas are enabled, the avatar is on the left. In the new profile, the avatar is on the right. It looks wrong because it opposes the placement of avatars everywhere else.

There is also a lot of awkward space in this box underneath the dragon/beastiary/forum post icons.

My last major issue is the text size of the usernames who comment on your profile. It's currently larger than all of the informational headers on the profile page, making it a confusing priority for the eyes and giving it a bloated appearance.

That's the major stuff for now. Thank you for your hard work always!
6Sx7SSv.png
Comment box is too large (why the "said" part? are we in first grade?), forum activity is too small, and it's floating around with no frame just like the "friends" section, "recent activity" is... still present for some reason? Why? If we can hide our "visibility", it's just plain illogical to have "recent activity".

Main problem - colour grey. Vista could be a nice addition for many from what I see, but the grey line between it and the clan bio is ugleh and doesn't fit any aesthetic. It doesn't suit anything, it hangs there almost empty now since b-days are removed (why?! can we "hide" them in our visibility options???), and it takes space. Frankly, just bad design.

I liked the old profile look, nowadays no heccin site looks so cozy and nostalgic. There goes this one too, apparently...
No offense, of course. Personal opinion. Whoever made the rewamp, surely worked very hard. I just hope it will be tweaked in the next few weeks.
Comment box is too large (why the "said" part? are we in first grade?), forum activity is too small, and it's floating around with no frame just like the "friends" section, "recent activity" is... still present for some reason? Why? If we can hide our "visibility", it's just plain illogical to have "recent activity".

Main problem - colour grey. Vista could be a nice addition for many from what I see, but the grey line between it and the clan bio is ugleh and doesn't fit any aesthetic. It doesn't suit anything, it hangs there almost empty now since b-days are removed (why?! can we "hide" them in our visibility options???), and it takes space. Frankly, just bad design.

I liked the old profile look, nowadays no heccin site looks so cozy and nostalgic. There goes this one too, apparently...
No offense, of course. Personal opinion. Whoever made the rewamp, surely worked very hard. I just hope it will be tweaked in the next few weeks.
HXmwDxc.png
I have no problems with most of the layout, it looks nice.
however the comments are way too bulky, the larger elements are distracting and make the body of the comment difficult to read.
I also think it would be nicer if the edges were outlined, they kinda mesh together as it is now.

couple of people mentioned being able to turn comments off, I would like that too!
I have no problems with most of the layout, it looks nice.
however the comments are way too bulky, the larger elements are distracting and make the body of the comment difficult to read.
I also think it would be nicer if the edges were outlined, they kinda mesh together as it is now.

couple of people mentioned being able to turn comments off, I would like that too!
3EIL5RM.png SwhjRD4.pngd3XCZt0.pngWeReVnH.pngaQp8eZz.pngt6Bzul7.png
85212510.png
jeremy says hi
[quote name="Ogord" date="2022-10-03 07:20:43" ] Like a lotta folks I'm sad birthdays were removed- especially since I'm assuming it was for privacy reasons and yet we now have an unturnoffable active indicator. I personally go out of my way to always have that kind of thing invisible so I'm not thrilled about that. [/quote] I'm confused about this decision - if some people don't wanna display birthday, just give us options? I don't see why can't we get options to customize info being shown/shared
Ogord wrote on 2022-10-03 07:20:43:
Like a lotta folks I'm sad birthdays were removed- especially since I'm assuming it was for privacy reasons and yet we now have an unturnoffable active indicator. I personally go out of my way to always have that kind of thing invisible so I'm not thrilled about that.

I'm confused about this decision - if some people don't wanna display birthday, just give us options? I don't see why can't we get options to customize info being shown/shared
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
Yeeey so cool! Congrats to the dev and design team ♥

If I may, there is something that i always missed: a filter option in Baldwin to show only itens that i have all the materials to craft. The "elegible" itens.
Yeeey so cool! Congrats to the dev and design team ♥

If I may, there is something that i always missed: a filter option in Baldwin to show only itens that i have all the materials to craft. The "elegible" itens.
FR-Main-Clan-BIO.png
I'm Blante · She/Her · FR+4
AdNAlvs.gif
I like the new vista feature! It ties my forum aesthetic together with being in Light with my lair in Lanternlea :) Thanks to the devs for working to update and improve the site for us ^^

But I do agree with many others that...... it just doesn't feel right. :( I'd like the option to hide my clan activity and friends list, and I feel like only the three most recent forum posts just isn't enough. The comments section feels clunky too, and honestly I'd like the option to opt out of comments completely. Plus I'd like for my birthday to be on there again ;;
I like the new vista feature! It ties my forum aesthetic together with being in Light with my lair in Lanternlea :) Thanks to the devs for working to update and improve the site for us ^^

But I do agree with many others that...... it just doesn't feel right. :( I'd like the option to hide my clan activity and friends list, and I feel like only the three most recent forum posts just isn't enough. The comments section feels clunky too, and honestly I'd like the option to opt out of comments completely. Plus I'd like for my birthday to be on there again ;;
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 47 48