Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Riot of Rot 2018
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 58 59
[img]https://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda16/Shrine-Quests/The-Spring-of-Wisdom/02.jpg[/img] Anyone know if a type of putrid excellence exists for Male imperials? I wanna make this dragon eventually
02.jpg

Anyone know if a type of putrid excellence exists for Male imperials? I wanna make this dragon eventually
ex5BGkW.png
Happy Riot of Rot!!! I love all the apparel additions and the new familiars!!! All of the skins are so beautiful!!
Happy Riot of Rot!!! I love all the apparel additions and the new familiars!!! All of the skins are so beautiful!!
Perfect
Perfect
mlHpBMC.png
dT9HQge.png
WQA384m.png
BzjAkuF.png
oouioVf.png
NQvcoP6.png
Happy riot of rot!
Happy riot of rot!
tumblr_n9yaxujgHy1tfzajgo1_500.png
Happy Riot of Rot everyone!

I'm not too happy with the apparel piece this time.... it seems like it was only made to pair with the last item, which is cool and all, but it just looks bad if it's not paired with that... Hmph... Maybe it's just my opinion, but either way, love the week of Plaguemother!

PS... I love the halo... It's just so different from the rest that it stands out well.
Happy Riot of Rot everyone!

I'm not too happy with the apparel piece this time.... it seems like it was only made to pair with the last item, which is cool and all, but it just looks bad if it's not paired with that... Hmph... Maybe it's just my opinion, but either way, love the week of Plaguemother!

PS... I love the halo... It's just so different from the rest that it stands out well.
Snivy (She/Her)
_____
HatcheryArt Shop
WishlistSnake Hoarding
xxxxxxxxtumblr_oznjvaReJs1w8xkufo4_250.png
[color=indigo] I love the skins and accents! I also like the special apparel but its a shame it can't be layered with the 2016 RoR item. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17469214] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/174693/17469214_350.png[/img] [/url]
I love the skins and accents! I also like the special apparel but its a shame it can't be layered with the 2016 RoR item.

17469214_350.png
jCVhFoZ.gif
AAA YES Happy Riot of Rot, y'all!
AAA YES Happy Riot of Rot, y'all!
hey demons. its me. ya boi

i dont feel like finding fancy pictures to go in here im too dumb.

i draw sometimes so hmu if you want me to doodle something. You can just pm me im not smart enough to do commissions yet
wooo!! I love these skins so much!
wooo!! I love these skins so much!
Crow TseXxba.png
Fr Tumblr | Art Blog | Redbubble
Can be found at @ qur0w on most platforms
Happy Riot of Rot everyone! Let's go get those shrooms
Happy Riot of Rot everyone! Let's go get those shrooms
[quote name="Ahriman" date="2018-10-28 11:13:43" ] [quote name="Everybody" date="2018-10-28 09:22:45" ] [quote name="Ahriman" date="2018-10-28 07:44:18" ] it's a bit funny that we have in one 'period' two types of halos: Light, Lightning, Arcane that look a bit more 'tribal' or 'abstract', and then there are Fire and now Plague, resembling the elements. Like you guys couldn't decide which trend to pick... xD [/quote] In a way, they're all resembling the elements. The reason the Light, Lightning, and Arcane ones glow is because that resembles their element. Light is obviously yellow and glowing, Lightning is spiky, blue, and glowing, and Arcane is glowing pink magic. But Fire and Plague are better represented in a bulkier way, because they are bulkier elements. I don't think there was ever meant to be two styles, it's just how the first few flights happened to be represented. And since Light and Lightning both looked lighter and brighter, people assumed that was how all of them would be. I predict that Earth will get a rock halo, Ice will get a frozen halo, Shadow will get a dark swirly halo, Wind will get a swirling wind halo, Water will get a bubble halo, and Nature will get a leafy halo. None of them will be glowing and abstract like the first few, I don't think, because none of the remaining elements actually glow like Light, Lightning, and Arcane do. [/quote] I understand what you're saying and at some point I even agree. Personally I adore them all, because each halo is unique and I'm a big fan of broadly defined variety. And I know it wasn't a plan to create two types of halos, yet it kinda happened. I get that things like light/lightning/magic are a bit hard to represent, but if we started so delicately, why is Plague a literal gut-bone-wreath? Isn't it a bit cliché? Someone in this thread described it nicely - this flight is not only about pus and body horror, it's also about an art of survival and adapting, being a worrior despite cruel fate. And the flaring red, like fresh blood splashed violently around dragon's head, would scream '[i]I lived through hell, think twice before you startle me[/i]' perfectly. Beside, we lack such apparels - something like emblems or like glowing eyes. First halos gave people hope for something modest, but oh so fancy. They have rights to be disappointed. But once again, it's only my humble opinion nobody needs to agree with. Staff wanted the best for us and they delivered amazing things, I'm sure many players will enjoy. I would fight each and every boss in Coli with my bare hands to get 'thorn-crown' halo during Trickmurk Circus... :V [/quote] Think you're dead on about "modest but fancy" !! The ones made of light are really adaptable to go with anything, adding flair without being overbearing, and you can layer them! Having had fun layering the previous halos was a big part of why I was assuming/hoping we would get a red light halo cause after having a run of that style of halo your thoughts go to what you could do with additional colours. I do hope we get more in that style. I wonder if staff felt like it was too boring/samey to keep going with simple light patterns? I want to reassure them that simple and repetitive really can be good sometimes!! haha. I definitely appreciate the work that's gone into the detail on the current one but feel like following up the popular light halos when ppl were expecting more light halos was maybe not the best arena for it to shine and be appreciated. Would perhaps have been better as an apparel piece instead! Also oh my gosh, a halo that was like a splash of blood would have been so .... so cool!!!
Ahriman wrote on 2018-10-28 11:13:43:
Everybody wrote on 2018-10-28 09:22:45:
Ahriman wrote on 2018-10-28 07:44:18:
it's a bit funny that we have in one 'period' two types of halos: Light, Lightning, Arcane that look a bit more 'tribal' or 'abstract', and then there are Fire and now Plague, resembling the elements. Like you guys couldn't decide which trend to pick... xD

In a way, they're all resembling the elements. The reason the Light, Lightning, and Arcane ones glow is because that resembles their element. Light is obviously yellow and glowing, Lightning is spiky, blue, and glowing, and Arcane is glowing pink magic. But Fire and Plague are better represented in a bulkier way, because they are bulkier elements.

I don't think there was ever meant to be two styles, it's just how the first few flights happened to be represented. And since Light and Lightning both looked lighter and brighter, people assumed that was how all of them would be.

I predict that Earth will get a rock halo, Ice will get a frozen halo, Shadow will get a dark swirly halo, Wind will get a swirling wind halo, Water will get a bubble halo, and Nature will get a leafy halo. None of them will be glowing and abstract like the first few, I don't think, because none of the remaining elements actually glow like Light, Lightning, and Arcane do.

I understand what you're saying and at some point I even agree. Personally I adore them all, because each halo is unique and I'm a big fan of broadly defined variety.

And I know it wasn't a plan to create two types of halos, yet it kinda happened. I get that things like light/lightning/magic are a bit hard to represent, but if we started so delicately, why is Plague a literal gut-bone-wreath? Isn't it a bit cliché?

Someone in this thread described it nicely - this flight is not only about pus and body horror, it's also about an art of survival and adapting, being a worrior despite cruel fate. And the flaring red, like fresh blood splashed violently around dragon's head, would scream 'I lived through hell, think twice before you startle me' perfectly. Beside, we lack such apparels - something like emblems or like glowing eyes. First halos gave people hope for something modest, but oh so fancy. They have rights to be disappointed.

But once again, it's only my humble opinion nobody needs to agree with. Staff wanted the best for us and they delivered amazing things, I'm sure many players will enjoy. I would fight each and every boss in Coli with my bare hands to get 'thorn-crown' halo during Trickmurk Circus... :V

Think you're dead on about "modest but fancy" !! The ones made of light are really adaptable to go with anything, adding flair without being overbearing, and you can layer them! Having had fun layering the previous halos was a big part of why I was assuming/hoping we would get a red light halo cause after having a run of that style of halo your thoughts go to what you could do with additional colours. I do hope we get more in that style.

I wonder if staff felt like it was too boring/samey to keep going with simple light patterns? I want to reassure them that simple and repetitive really can be good sometimes!! haha. I definitely appreciate the work that's gone into the detail on the current one but feel like following up the popular light halos when ppl were expecting more light halos was maybe not the best arena for it to shine and be appreciated. Would perhaps have been better as an apparel piece instead!

Also oh my gosh, a halo that was like a splash of blood would have been so .... so cool!!!
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 58 59