Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
Yeeeh, It's here! °w°
Yeeeh, It's here! °w°
"It's highly time to rekindle the stars."
- Guillaume Apollinaire
Very cool! Nice job FR team!
Very cool! Nice job FR team!
fb49f1c619ab9b8d050f09a0aed801c2bc07fe2c.gif
I just realized... I think she's the only dragon at the trading post with genes :o
I just realized... I think she's the only dragon at the trading post with genes :o
XXXXXXXXXX
FR+3
G7fvKLU.pngtAVsKEJ.pngAgNSwqE.png
Storyteller
[quote name="@ceiswyn" date="2018-08-23 04:54:28" ] [quote name="Smoothy" date="2018-08-23 02:47:33" ]Though having 5 retired speedys will actually deflate that items value quite a bit.[/quote] How? Do you really think that all the people who win a Speedy will immediately put it on the AH?! [/quote] I don't think it is the winners selling the speedies will affect the price much. It is the fact that the limited pool of interested/potential buyers is reduced. Since yesterday, the price of a speedy has dropped with 500g (20% of the original price), while none of the raffle prizes have been handed out yet. However, since the chance for a speedy is relatively large for only a fraction of the prize, the amount of people willing to outright buy the speedy diminishes sharply.
@ceiswyn wrote on 2018-08-23 04:54:28:
Smoothy wrote on 2018-08-23 02:47:33:
Though having 5 retired speedys will actually deflate that items value quite a bit.

How? Do you really think that all the people who win a Speedy will immediately put it on the AH?!

I don't think it is the winners selling the speedies will affect the price much. It is the fact that the limited pool of interested/potential buyers is reduced. Since yesterday, the price of a speedy has dropped with 500g (20% of the original price), while none of the raffle prizes have been handed out yet.

However, since the chance for a speedy is relatively large for only a fraction of the prize, the amount of people willing to outright buy the speedy diminishes sharply.
I don't care one way or another what's up there, I like the whole idea. People complaining will happen with everything, and the people who want to jack up prices for rare items will never end, not with Speedy or anything else.

I will state my only complaint - I hate how the Trading Post looks now. Just the very stale boxes to click on.
I don't care one way or another what's up there, I like the whole idea. People complaining will happen with everything, and the people who want to jack up prices for rare items will never end, not with Speedy or anything else.

I will state my only complaint - I hate how the Trading Post looks now. Just the very stale boxes to click on.
9PW8odu.jpg
[quote name="Atalina" date="2018-08-22 22:44:19" ] This is the closest I can get [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=125&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=5&winggene=2&wings=109&auth=b5b86f0b5d9ee71b5603d77f3260b44237488ec8&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Pistachio Skink, Bubblegum Stripes, Pearl Underbelly [/quote] I looked at her and this is what I was thinking, I think she has some sort of apparel like the colored claw apparel that also happens to affect her horns~
Atalina wrote on 2018-08-22 22:44:19:
This is the closest I can get

dragon?age=1&body=125&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=5&winggene=2&wings=109&auth=b5b86f0b5d9ee71b5603d77f3260b44237488ec8&dummyext=prev.png

Pistachio Skink, Bubblegum Stripes, Pearl Underbelly
I looked at her and this is what I was thinking, I think she has some sort of apparel like the colored claw apparel that also happens to affect her horns~
RLX5rf5.pngy5GZNoR.pngzntmE3b.pngFHww8uv.png
[quote name="SpaceShipRat" date="2018-08-23 02:46:48" ] [quote name="Jackablade" date="2018-08-23 01:23:58" ] So... if I'm reading this right, every single item except for KS stuff is now back in circulation, including Light Sprites etc., and triple G1 dragons with matching eyes are going to be generated. That's two high-stakes submarkets completely upended. And the tickets are 500t. With no limit. And these raffles are going to be weekly. [/quote] You do realize it's just one big prize per raffle. So, 52 prizes a year. let's say half are dragons, it's 26 custom made dragons (not all of which are going to be XXX, as you can see from the thread preview), and 26 big items, some of which might be retired items, let's say a third, so 9 retired items per year. Given there's dozens of retired items, that comes up to each retired item being brought back once every two years at least. Seriously. even if they give away one light sprite every year, which they're not, I don't see how it would make any difference. [/quote] One raffle weekly is 52 raffles a year, but it's already very clear that there's more than one prize per raffle. There are 5 retired items in this week's raffle alone, plus a rare dragon. I don't have a real opinion on this either way, but your math is off, so it's going to paint a misleading picture.
SpaceShipRat wrote on 2018-08-23 02:46:48:
Jackablade wrote on 2018-08-23 01:23:58:
So... if I'm reading this right, every single item except for KS stuff is now back in circulation, including Light Sprites etc., and triple G1 dragons with matching eyes are going to be generated. That's two high-stakes submarkets completely upended.

And the tickets are 500t. With no limit. And these raffles are going to be weekly.

You do realize it's just one big prize per raffle. So, 52 prizes a year. let's say half are dragons, it's 26 custom made dragons (not all of which are going to be XXX, as you can see from the thread preview), and 26 big items, some of which might be retired items, let's say a third, so 9 retired items per year. Given there's dozens of retired items, that comes up to each retired item being brought back once every two years at least.

Seriously. even if they give away one light sprite every year, which they're not, I don't see how it would make any difference.

One raffle weekly is 52 raffles a year, but it's already very clear that there's more than one prize per raffle. There are 5 retired items in this week's raffle alone, plus a rare dragon.

I don't have a real opinion on this either way, but your math is off, so it's going to paint a misleading picture.
BGVAqlH.png
And on the first raffle there’s a Speedy!
And on the first raffle there’s a Speedy!
10 hours ahead of the FR server time.
Can doodle your dragon(s) for some treasure/gems!
Free to use level 20 cauldron!
oooohh, nice
oooohh, nice
so cool omg
time to try my luck
so cool omg
time to try my luck
tumblr_nimwqcv7in1rdplsro1_500.gif