Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Greenskeeper Gathering 2018
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 56 57
I think some skins/accents aren't chosen because maybe they haven't followed the guidelines. Maybe their shadows/lines were too light or something and didn't pass inspection.

Also during the last festival, they didn't choose some amazing skins as I think they knew peeps would purchase or spend lots of gems on the accents/skins that weren't chosen. It helps boost the economy here on FR maybe?
I think some skins/accents aren't chosen because maybe they haven't followed the guidelines. Maybe their shadows/lines were too light or something and didn't pass inspection.

Also during the last festival, they didn't choose some amazing skins as I think they knew peeps would purchase or spend lots of gems on the accents/skins that weren't chosen. It helps boost the economy here on FR maybe?
T3u4zFz.png
@Skylurk
This is what I had in my mind too! Good point!

Also I really personally think there are much worse problems in the real life of every single negativist here, so why not solve them? I really think chromatic predator is a good choice flr this and I really do think some of the people don't know what nature is, if you spend just some time in some sort of the nature true richness, you can't say you know nature well!
I live in nature solitude too and I can't say I know everything about nature but I really don't tell what is not natural, if someone knows better...
@Skylurk
This is what I had in my mind too! Good point!

Also I really personally think there are much worse problems in the real life of every single negativist here, so why not solve them? I really think chromatic predator is a good choice flr this and I really do think some of the people don't know what nature is, if you spend just some time in some sort of the nature true richness, you can't say you know nature well!
I live in nature solitude too and I can't say I know everything about nature but I really don't tell what is not natural, if someone knows better...
accents/skin shop
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/2451809
@RiavaCornelia
What @Skylurk said does indeed make sense, that's a good point and maybe that is indeed the case. However my problem here isn't even the skin itself or this practicular event. It was just an example of the bigger problem this community has. Here it is.
Opinions such as "I don't like it, I wish something else was chosen for those reasons", if constructed politely are just as valid as the ones saying "I like it, I'm glad it was choosen". But a lot of people get triggered by it and jump to defense mode like someone tried to personally attack the artist. Sometimes it is the case, but telling apart critique and obvious angry trolling is rather easy.
A lot of people said they didn't like certain choices all that much, but instead of respecting it and thinking "oh ok, I like them so ill just enjoy the fest" people prefer to argue bringing out guilt tripping comments such as "idk why would people be so mean and say they don't like it :/" to muffle those opinions they don't agree with. Since if we're going with the rule "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't speak up at all", why not go with "be the change you want to see" - if you don't like my negativity, why not give a better example and not spread yours as well? We wouldn't have to have this debate now.
Saying something doesn't seem natural to someone is okay. No need to try hard to change their mind because you don't like that point of view. They tend to be different from person to person. There's not a single thing in the world that will satisfy absolutely everyone so let's try not to bash any kind of critigue on sight.
"I like it." VALID
"I don't like it." VALID
"I think UndefinedBeing has no life if she still cares about stuff like this." VALID

This was my last contribution to this subject, no worries. Thank you very much for your time to everyone who went out of their way to read through this debate. Whether you agree or not. I hope you have a nice day and that RNG will be on your side in the remaining days of the festival.
@RiavaCornelia
What @Skylurk said does indeed make sense, that's a good point and maybe that is indeed the case. However my problem here isn't even the skin itself or this practicular event. It was just an example of the bigger problem this community has. Here it is.
Opinions such as "I don't like it, I wish something else was chosen for those reasons", if constructed politely are just as valid as the ones saying "I like it, I'm glad it was choosen". But a lot of people get triggered by it and jump to defense mode like someone tried to personally attack the artist. Sometimes it is the case, but telling apart critique and obvious angry trolling is rather easy.
A lot of people said they didn't like certain choices all that much, but instead of respecting it and thinking "oh ok, I like them so ill just enjoy the fest" people prefer to argue bringing out guilt tripping comments such as "idk why would people be so mean and say they don't like it :/" to muffle those opinions they don't agree with. Since if we're going with the rule "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't speak up at all", why not go with "be the change you want to see" - if you don't like my negativity, why not give a better example and not spread yours as well? We wouldn't have to have this debate now.
Saying something doesn't seem natural to someone is okay. No need to try hard to change their mind because you don't like that point of view. They tend to be different from person to person. There's not a single thing in the world that will satisfy absolutely everyone so let's try not to bash any kind of critigue on sight.
"I like it." VALID
"I don't like it." VALID
"I think UndefinedBeing has no life if she still cares about stuff like this." VALID

This was my last contribution to this subject, no worries. Thank you very much for your time to everyone who went out of their way to read through this debate. Whether you agree or not. I hope you have a nice day and that RNG will be on your side in the remaining days of the festival.
@RiavaCornelia I'm not sure if you intended it to sound that way, but the "Also I really personally think there are much worse problems in the real life of every single negativist here, so why not solve them?" line sounds extremely offensive and overall insulting.

We don't have to have problems in our real lives to be able to critique art and express our opinion. And we're also not "negativists". Our opinion is solely received as "negative", because it's different to yours. We may not know what "nature is", by your standards, but it sounds like you don't know what "having an opinion different to yours" is, either.

Anyway, I see that we won't be able to achieve common ground here. So this is most likely going to be my last contribution as well. I just wanted to point that out because it sounded very wrong.
@RiavaCornelia I'm not sure if you intended it to sound that way, but the "Also I really personally think there are much worse problems in the real life of every single negativist here, so why not solve them?" line sounds extremely offensive and overall insulting.

We don't have to have problems in our real lives to be able to critique art and express our opinion. And we're also not "negativists". Our opinion is solely received as "negative", because it's different to yours. We may not know what "nature is", by your standards, but it sounds like you don't know what "having an opinion different to yours" is, either.

Anyway, I see that we won't be able to achieve common ground here. So this is most likely going to be my last contribution as well. I just wanted to point that out because it sounded very wrong.
WBsJuD1.pngiQrvnPv.pngfvfrO0T.pngg2TOb2t.pngzy5WGDV.png
cool
cool
dlh-2fRWu50.jpg
d e e r
d e e r
I h a v e n o i d e a w h a t t o p u t h e r e
A bit late but i fell in love with the apparel! I only ever liked the first one released and was disappointed by all the other years, but this one is one of my all time faves, so good!
A bit late but i fell in love with the apparel! I only ever liked the first one released and was disappointed by all the other years, but this one is one of my all time faves, so good!
Check out my Art Shop!
CLOSED slots
I want a million of the apparel!
I want a million of the apparel!
Fae | They/he/she | FR+3
oh wooowww that the apparel is really, really awesome.
but why wasn't the same standard pf quality/effort put into firefly
i mean this apparel is really just fantastic, REALLY well done.
oh wooowww that the apparel is really, really awesome.
but why wasn't the same standard pf quality/effort put into firefly
i mean this apparel is really just fantastic, REALLY well done.
5.png
STAFF needs to FIX MULTI-GAZE
comment if you can.
let staff know exactly how abhorrently unprofessional this kind of quality is.

yUJyALg.png
hey @gladekeeper you put ur chests in the Scavenging area instead of Digging
hey @gladekeeper you put ur chests in the Scavenging area instead of Digging
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 56 57