Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Riot of Rot 2016
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 49 50
Have a great Riot of Rot everyone! The new skins look amazing!!
Have a great Riot of Rot everyone! The new skins look amazing!!
Whoo, hope everyone has a good and easy festival! And my accent was chosen, yay! Congrats everyone :D I'm loving all the goblins this year.
Whoo, hope everyone has a good and easy festival! And my accent was chosen, yay! Congrats everyone :D I'm loving all the goblins this year.
tumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o5_r3_250.pngtumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o6_r2_250.png
tumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o7_r2_250.pngtumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o8_r2_250.png
FR +8 FR tumblr
Some of the accents are really really cool but again...3 Bog accents while there was quite alot of complains for Starfall...i wonder why no one cares about what the players want/ think?

I think you guys should listen more carefully ^^
Some of the accents are really really cool but again...3 Bog accents while there was quite alot of complains for Starfall...i wonder why no one cares about what the players want/ think?

I think you guys should listen more carefully ^^
Visit my accent shop HERE! & Adoptable Interest Check HERE!
3 Mirrors AND 3 bogsneaks??? We really need 1 skin/accent per every breed at least for these things, leaving out 5 dragon breeds is...Not good. Include more/all breeds. :/
3 Mirrors AND 3 bogsneaks??? We really need 1 skin/accent per every breed at least for these things, leaving out 5 dragon breeds is...Not good. Include more/all breeds. :/
tumblr_n9rjznP5bt1qd0s8ko2_500.png
[quote name="Niverdia" date=2016-10-23 03:10:38] [quote name="littlecrowprince" date=2016-10-23 00:40:40] ¯\_(;w ;)_/¯ kinda disappointed this year [/quote] Same. Everything looks about the same level of disgusting this time around, with little variety in design. Ah well, can't have them all. [/quote] At least its better then last years lack of disgusting.
Niverdia wrote on 2016-10-23:
littlecrowprince wrote on 2016-10-23:
¯\_(;w ;)_/¯

kinda disappointed this year

Same. Everything looks about the same level of disgusting this time around, with little variety in design. Ah well, can't have them all.

At least its better then last years lack of disgusting.
I love the Plague Carcass skin so much, it looks incredibly good!
Thanks for that @Nefily !
I love the Plague Carcass skin so much, it looks incredibly good!
Thanks for that @Nefily !
MS6xnJoY_o.png
Ahh happy riot of rot everyone!!
Ahh happy riot of rot everyone!!
MMIcon.pngcTJbhic.png
I think the skins and accents are quite good (don't really understand all the complaints). I really like the Mother's Trinkets accent especially ^^
I think the skins and accents are quite good (don't really understand all the complaints). I really like the Mother's Trinkets accent especially ^^
WIP
siCK

all the skins are so amazing ahhh
siCK

all the skins are so amazing ahhh
@Malafunfun There has been an [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/10#post_9214784]answer in Q&A to a similiar question[/url]: [quote name="Aequorin" date=15-02-13 11:27:08][quote]Also is there any chance that the staff could ensure that the breed associated with a Flight is represented in their holiday skins/accents?. I know there was quite a lot of upset in Earth that we didn't get anything for our beloved Snappers in the most recent Rockbreakers Ceremony, and I believe our fellows in Arcane were likewise upset at the lack of Fae for the Starfall Celebration.[/quote] We love the idea of there being regional breed representation during a holiday, but we're not sure that choosing specific breed skin submissions as winners over others is the way to go about it. One of our main focal points in selecting winners is rewarding the artist for their talent and the content of the skin itself, and not necessarily just what breed it's placed upon. While we love seeing entrants for dragon breeds that hail from the area that is being celebrated, it won't give that entrant an advantage.[/quote] They choose the best entries, no matter which breed the skin entries are. And I think this is the best solution! The artists choose what breed they want to draw skins for. If many artists want to make Bogsneak skins - which is the case because they're still new and there aren't many Bogsneak skins at all yet - you'll have many entries of them and a higher chance of Bogsneak skins to win. In the same way people realized there are no female Mirror skins yet for RoR, so many entries have been for female Mirrors. The result: We now have both a skin and an accent for female Mirrors! :-> Imo it wouldn't be fair to say "Okay, this accent is beautiful but we've already got two Bogsneak winners, so this other accent that is slightly less beautiful is going to win." If players think there is a lack of a certain breed in previous festivals or the current contest, imo they should make shout-outs to all skin artists and ask them to draw something for this breed! And also submit skins for the breed they want on their own! x)
@Malafunfun
There has been an answer in Q&A to a similiar question:
Aequorin wrote on 15-02-13:
Quote:
Also is there any chance that the staff could ensure that the breed associated with a Flight is represented in their holiday skins/accents?. I know there was quite a lot of upset in Earth that we didn't get anything for our beloved Snappers in the most recent Rockbreakers Ceremony, and I believe our fellows in Arcane were likewise upset at the lack of Fae for the Starfall Celebration.

We love the idea of there being regional breed representation during a holiday, but we're not sure that choosing specific breed skin submissions as winners over others is the way to go about it. One of our main focal points in selecting winners is rewarding the artist for their talent and the content of the skin itself, and not necessarily just what breed it's placed upon. While we love seeing entrants for dragon breeds that hail from the area that is being celebrated, it won't give that entrant an advantage.

They choose the best entries, no matter which breed the skin entries are. And I think this is the best solution!

The artists choose what breed they want to draw skins for. If many artists want to make Bogsneak skins - which is the case because they're still new and there aren't many Bogsneak skins at all yet - you'll have many entries of them and a higher chance of Bogsneak skins to win.
In the same way people realized there are no female Mirror skins yet for RoR, so many entries have been for female Mirrors. The result: We now have both a skin and an accent for female Mirrors! :->

Imo it wouldn't be fair to say "Okay, this accent is beautiful but we've already got two Bogsneak winners, so this other accent that is slightly less beautiful is going to win."

If players think there is a lack of a certain breed in previous festivals or the current contest, imo they should make shout-outs to all skin artists and ask them to draw something for this breed! And also submit skins for the breed they want on their own! x)
banner: Kalvin's Skins and Accents light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon

he/him
FR+9

light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon
nature banner floating in wind
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 49 50