Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, October 2016
I'm so excited for the hotkeys!!
I'm so excited for the hotkeys!!
@Aequorin has the team considered adding drop rate buffs to the verification CAPTCHA buff pool?
There are +5% stat and EXP buffs, but you could also have a +2.5% flat item drop rate (covering all mob drops) and/or a +0.5% or +1% rare item drop rate buff, if the system that handles drops differentiates them.
Many Coli players Coli for items (afaik) and the captcha pausing the action* might feel less disruptive if the buff pool also included drop rate buffs.

If it's too much, perhaps a buff rate of +1% for all items and +0.1% rare would be more apt -- the chance of getting the drop rate buff might encourage players to Coli more for a chance at the buff. Just guessing though!
Instead of a lower rate, you might even have the 2.5% and/or +1% and just have it have a lower chance to occur than the stat and exp buffs.

Everything in this WotW sounds good!

*Doesn't make a difference to me, since the Coli consistently crashes on me every 1-5 battles - I think it's a great idea, though, to prevent botting!
@Aequorin has the team considered adding drop rate buffs to the verification CAPTCHA buff pool?
There are +5% stat and EXP buffs, but you could also have a +2.5% flat item drop rate (covering all mob drops) and/or a +0.5% or +1% rare item drop rate buff, if the system that handles drops differentiates them.
Many Coli players Coli for items (afaik) and the captcha pausing the action* might feel less disruptive if the buff pool also included drop rate buffs.

If it's too much, perhaps a buff rate of +1% for all items and +0.1% rare would be more apt -- the chance of getting the drop rate buff might encourage players to Coli more for a chance at the buff. Just guessing though!
Instead of a lower rate, you might even have the 2.5% and/or +1% and just have it have a lower chance to occur than the stat and exp buffs.

Everything in this WotW sounds good!

*Doesn't make a difference to me, since the Coli consistently crashes on me every 1-5 battles - I think it's a great idea, though, to prevent botting!
Dsf90Ws.gif
hello
When pinging,
One O, two S's -
Lock-eh-NOSS-ay

77EXE7O.jpg
Buns for Tuns!
hi there
ZV3u2zJ.gif
I normally don't comment on news posts very much, but I wanted to say that the col revamp looks awesome and practically perfect in every way. Keep up the good work. =) And as far as the CAPTCHA goes, I don't mind it at all. I think it's perfectly necessary to prevent botting, and I love the way you did it. It provides a buff, it's a fun image that isn't just meaningless, and it's not the kind I hate. (Which in case anyone cares, is the kind where you have to type letters that are ridiculously into a box.)

All the changes around the site have been great. It was a little weird at first with the twenty dragons per page (had to figure out what pages every dragon was on all over again, but I do love it), and it's really weird having the lists of breeds/genes alphabetized rather than in order of being added, but I think that will be much better for when there's a much larger list of those things. (Maybe in the future, you could implement some sort of organization option, if that isn't too much work? Alphabetical as is, and the other idea option is rarity. For example, Basic at top, Tiger near the top, Crystal at the bottom. Or like, common breeds like faes and tundras together at the top, with the rarer breeds of coatls and wildclaws at the bottom or something. Just a stray thought.)

I think that's all. But anyway, I really appreciate all the effort all of you guys are putting in to make the site better. =)

Edit: Oh yeah. While typing, I forgot something else. I loved the Baldwin thing (with him changing breeds and all), and would love to see more things like that in the future, although I realize that wouldn't really be easy to do very much. The color wheel expansion fits in with that. It was also fun. =)
I normally don't comment on news posts very much, but I wanted to say that the col revamp looks awesome and practically perfect in every way. Keep up the good work. =) And as far as the CAPTCHA goes, I don't mind it at all. I think it's perfectly necessary to prevent botting, and I love the way you did it. It provides a buff, it's a fun image that isn't just meaningless, and it's not the kind I hate. (Which in case anyone cares, is the kind where you have to type letters that are ridiculously into a box.)

All the changes around the site have been great. It was a little weird at first with the twenty dragons per page (had to figure out what pages every dragon was on all over again, but I do love it), and it's really weird having the lists of breeds/genes alphabetized rather than in order of being added, but I think that will be much better for when there's a much larger list of those things. (Maybe in the future, you could implement some sort of organization option, if that isn't too much work? Alphabetical as is, and the other idea option is rarity. For example, Basic at top, Tiger near the top, Crystal at the bottom. Or like, common breeds like faes and tundras together at the top, with the rarer breeds of coatls and wildclaws at the bottom or something. Just a stray thought.)

I think that's all. But anyway, I really appreciate all the effort all of you guys are putting in to make the site better. =)

Edit: Oh yeah. While typing, I forgot something else. I loved the Baldwin thing (with him changing breeds and all), and would love to see more things like that in the future, although I realize that wouldn't really be easy to do very much. The color wheel expansion fits in with that. It was also fun. =)
girl_icon_by_orgetzu-d8qm7bc.pngping_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z0s1w.pnghatchery_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z17md.pngart_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1fu6.pnggen_1_sale_icon___orange_by_orgetzu-d9zwj8j.png
bubble_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1pvh.png
unicorn_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1xrd.pnghouse_icon_z_by_orgetzu-d9z2r3i.pngwinter_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z2szz.pngfrog_icon_by_orgetzu-d9zwkt5.pngpixel_potatoes_by_orgetzu-d9z0pkl.gif Some of these pixels go places....
Woo! \o/

Glad to hear it.

Tbh I am surprised? That y'all put so much work into keeping all the apparel up to date for all the breeds, since there is just so much!

... On that note, is there the possibility of a wardrobe one day? Like, something we can use to make outfits for our dragons? There are, after all, a ton of items out there, and it's rather hard to know just what is out there! :0c
Woo! \o/

Glad to hear it.

Tbh I am surprised? That y'all put so much work into keeping all the apparel up to date for all the breeds, since there is just so much!

... On that note, is there the possibility of a wardrobe one day? Like, something we can use to make outfits for our dragons? There are, after all, a ton of items out there, and it's rather hard to know just what is out there! :0c
hewwo
I have twenty four level 25s in my lair, twenty two of them are in frequent use (I lend them, in case it sounded like I just swap them in and out of my coli team for kicks XD)

If they need restatting....

RIP me XD
I have twenty four level 25s in my lair, twenty two of them are in frequent use (I lend them, in case it sounded like I just swap them in and out of my coli team for kicks XD)

If they need restatting....

RIP me XD
i look forward to this coli update omg ;;; ♥♥
i look forward to this coli update omg ;;; ♥♥
art_shop_icon_by_mad_whisperer-d9tz00e.pngcharacter_shop_icon_by_mad_whisperer-d9tz009.pngwishlist_icon_by_mad_whisperer-d9tz001.png
That speedy
That speedy
n1ngOA5.png

aeonox_signature_by_jenihudson-d8x54uk.png
Yes! Keyboard shortcuts! :D You guys will drag my laziness to new hights ;) <3
Yes! Keyboard shortcuts! :D You guys will drag my laziness to new hights ;) <3
ShadowsCall_Banner.png
Wow, awesome!
Wow, awesome!
NpdWwgL.gifqTwNxc0.giftnAEQSF.pngqUsv0xB.png
coli update!!!! finally yay!!!!
coli update!!!! finally yay!!!!