Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Stained: A Tertiary Gene
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 116 117
Stained is really useful, but is it really worth twelve dollars? It's so simple! It really should be a treasure gene, or at least half the price.
Stained is really useful, but is it really worth twelve dollars? It's so simple! It really should be a treasure gene, or at least half the price.
it's the last day of ice fest and there is 0 chill in this thread smh
it's the last day of ice fest and there is 0 chill in this thread smh
zB4XaRD.png B8XoohL.png

† Lorem ipsum cogito

† Lorem ipsum cogito

† Lorem ipsum cogito

TqeJzMt.png
_
dGvW6rG.png
GylqvPT.png
FR +3
2AxXh4B.png
So unique, especially when compared with other terts! XD
So unique, especially when compared with other terts! XD
I'm so on the fence about the stained tertiary... I understand that it'll help merge colours/shades but at the same time it dulls the colours and I wish, oh how I wish you could choose if it'll cover primary OR secondary or both. :/ but that's just me.

Uh, otherwise yay! New things! Good job! D:
I'm so on the fence about the stained tertiary... I understand that it'll help merge colours/shades but at the same time it dulls the colours and I wish, oh how I wish you could choose if it'll cover primary OR secondary or both. :/ but that's just me.

Uh, otherwise yay! New things! Good job! D:
@pushpin Your post made my night xD
@pushpin Your post made my night xD
Wowza now I have to rescry all my Gen ones!
Wowza now I have to rescry all my Gen ones!
v6iKMZr.png 23852.png

Sunny
he/him
FR +3
wow that's an interesting concept :O
wow that's an interesting concept :O
Okay, here's an example. Here's my boy Auriel. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16808822] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/168089/16808822_350.png[/img] [/url] Here he is with his tert removed. [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=39&wing=65&style=1&gender=0&ages=1&prig=5&secg=1&tert=44&elem=9&tertgene=0&spec=prev.png[/img] I saved this image from the scrying workshop and opened it in Photoshop. Ctrl-clicked on the layer to select his image, got a colour that matched ivory, made a new layer, hit flood fill, and set the opacity to 20%, deleting over his eyes. [img]http://i.imgur.com/ZvRclyg.png[/img] Here is Auriel with ivory stained from the Scrying Workshop. [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=39&wing=65&style=1&gender=0&ages=1&prig=5&secg=1&tert=44&elem=9&tertgene=12&spec=prev.png[/img] Total time: approximately ten seconds. It's not identical, but it's pretty close. Stained is a smidge more opaque - maybe 30%. I can see where it'd have its purpose, but it really shouldn't be a gem gene. Not when you compare to the elaborate circuit or gorgeous and glittery glimmer.
Okay, here's an example. Here's my boy Auriel.

16808822_350.png

Here he is with his tert removed.
dragonpic2.php?body=39&wing=65&style=1&gender=0&ages=1&prig=5&secg=1&tert=44&elem=9&tertgene=0&spec=prev.png

I saved this image from the scrying workshop and opened it in Photoshop. Ctrl-clicked on the layer to select his image, got a colour that matched ivory, made a new layer, hit flood fill, and set the opacity to 20%, deleting over his eyes.
ZvRclyg.png

Here is Auriel with ivory stained from the Scrying Workshop.
dragonpic2.php?body=39&wing=65&style=1&gender=0&ages=1&prig=5&secg=1&tert=44&elem=9&tertgene=12&spec=prev.png

Total time: approximately ten seconds. It's not identical, but it's pretty close. Stained is a smidge more opaque - maybe 30%.

I can see where it'd have its purpose, but it really shouldn't be a gem gene. Not when you compare to the elaborate circuit or gorgeous and glittery glimmer.
DSEHBxF.png
[quote name="writisms" date=2016-01-30 21:17:37] So I was messing around in the morphology predicter and I ended up creating a subspecies template Ray of Sunshine Acceptable Breeds: Tundra, Coatl Acceptable Primary Genes: Piebald Acceptable Primary Colors: Sunshine Acceptable Secondary Genes: Paint Acceptable Secondary Colors: Rust-Coral Acceptable Tertiary Genes: Stained Acceptable Tertiary Colors: Lemon-Ivory Acceptable Flights: Fire, Light Anyone can use this, just credit me for the idea please? [/quote] Is no one else interested in this? ... Okay... On another note I think this tert is a good idea, just not worth gems.
writisms wrote on 2016-01-30:
So I was messing around in the morphology predicter and I ended up creating a subspecies template

Ray of Sunshine
Acceptable Breeds: Tundra, Coatl
Acceptable Primary Genes: Piebald
Acceptable Primary Colors: Sunshine
Acceptable Secondary Genes: Paint
Acceptable Secondary Colors: Rust-Coral
Acceptable Tertiary Genes: Stained
Acceptable Tertiary Colors: Lemon-Ivory
Acceptable Flights: Fire, Light

Anyone can use this, just credit me for the idea please?

Is no one else interested in this? ... Okay...

On another note I think this tert is a good idea, just not worth gems.
@leopardmask @keileon

yep, clipped to the original base. adds 2 extra clicks (one to make the layer and clip it)

still not exactly rocket science
@leopardmask @keileon

yep, clipped to the original base. adds 2 extra clicks (one to make the layer and clip it)

still not exactly rocket science
tumblr_inline_nrr6i5ioqL1qzt4nm_500.gif
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 116 117