Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2015
1 2 ... 169 170 171 172 173 ... 189 190
I seem to remember people being upset about the emphasis on coli to get the goods last year, too. Yes, it's great that there's the swipp option now, but since swipp requires items from the coli that's a bit... counterproductive to those who are trying to avoid it. It's a shame you guys can't or won't do more to make a festival a little more inclusive for all types of users. I understand the site needs to make money, but I still feel bad for those who've only gotten a handful of chests over the course of the whole event.

NotN is definitely an improvement over last year, but I think there are still a few areas that need tweaking. The "making sure there's something special in each chest" sentiment is a good one, but by the time you've reached your dozenth copy of a familiar, some of the novelty wears off. ;) At least they're good for melting down at Swipp's though. I'll be able to stock up alchemy supplies for a while to come, so I guess that's a positive spin on it.

Maybe there's some kind of game/revenue mode that could be introduced as an alternative to the coli (I remember hearing something about an Adventure feature). Something a little less graphics-intensive that'll still require a lot of page refreshes and can give the non-coli folks more of a fighting chance in events like this.
I seem to remember people being upset about the emphasis on coli to get the goods last year, too. Yes, it's great that there's the swipp option now, but since swipp requires items from the coli that's a bit... counterproductive to those who are trying to avoid it. It's a shame you guys can't or won't do more to make a festival a little more inclusive for all types of users. I understand the site needs to make money, but I still feel bad for those who've only gotten a handful of chests over the course of the whole event.

NotN is definitely an improvement over last year, but I think there are still a few areas that need tweaking. The "making sure there's something special in each chest" sentiment is a good one, but by the time you've reached your dozenth copy of a familiar, some of the novelty wears off. ;) At least they're good for melting down at Swipp's though. I'll be able to stock up alchemy supplies for a while to come, so I guess that's a positive spin on it.

Maybe there's some kind of game/revenue mode that could be introduced as an alternative to the coli (I remember hearing something about an Adventure feature). Something a little less graphics-intensive that'll still require a lot of page refreshes and can give the non-coli folks more of a fighting chance in events like this.
tumblr_inline_ojsvh3EcyM1r076v1_75sq.png Aliit. Buirkan. Tor.
@pande28 @RugaQwarrcall

Aw, I'm sorry you guys didn't enjoy the event:( I guess the RNG gods smiled upon me. I also am trying to get skinks and gathered a total of one during the entire event, so I guess it's more in comparison I found NotN a lot easierXD

I spent the entire event(except the first couple days where I was still figuring things out) in the Scorched Forest. The encounter rate there is high and the drop rate for the Swipp stuff is also high. Chests I got maybe 1 an hour, but I got enough items to trade for four or five chests, or more if my internet connection was good. That seems to be the best venue for this event, imho. But, I'm able to use the Coliseum on my phone so that helped a lot.

For Baldwin, I only ever made single chests, since copper is a lot more plentiful. Also, I figured most times I'd get a familiar I already had so it wouldn't be worth using the gold and silver muck to brew.

Anyway, I hope next year they tweak the event to make it more enjoyable for everyone.

@MalaFunFun

Congrats!

Edit: spelling mistake
@pande28 @RugaQwarrcall

Aw, I'm sorry you guys didn't enjoy the event:( I guess the RNG gods smiled upon me. I also am trying to get skinks and gathered a total of one during the entire event, so I guess it's more in comparison I found NotN a lot easierXD

I spent the entire event(except the first couple days where I was still figuring things out) in the Scorched Forest. The encounter rate there is high and the drop rate for the Swipp stuff is also high. Chests I got maybe 1 an hour, but I got enough items to trade for four or five chests, or more if my internet connection was good. That seems to be the best venue for this event, imho. But, I'm able to use the Coliseum on my phone so that helped a lot.

For Baldwin, I only ever made single chests, since copper is a lot more plentiful. Also, I figured most times I'd get a familiar I already had so it wouldn't be worth using the gold and silver muck to brew.

Anyway, I hope next year they tweak the event to make it more enjoyable for everyone.

@MalaFunFun

Congrats!

Edit: spelling mistake
tumblr_inline_nb2ti8NMAe1qg78ij.png
@SteadyAsSheGoes
I dislike those Skinks so much, I know its off topic, but I just really don't like how hard they are to find. Its weird that the Familiar of higher levels in Baldwin are easier to get than the Skink Familiar, they had to pick a food item that rarely shows up.

Now on topic xD
The venue I've been grinding in is Woodland Path, Hasn't been too bad in there, I watch movies while battling and it helps to pass the time. I have plenty of free time for the Coliseum because.. Yeah I have no social life xD

The event this year is better, I've enjoyed it more, last year I had 1700+ chests and out of that got 3 eggs and no Scrolls. This year, taken more work but in 120+ Chests I have 5 Eggs, and no scrolls. Scrolls hate me. In gathering, including today, still only gotten the 2 chests total.

I've been brewing the single chests as well, till I ran out of Yellow Goo and Ooze, and Baldwin doesn't like giving me the colour I want.

The Moral is. I have no luck and RNG hates me xDDD
@SteadyAsSheGoes
I dislike those Skinks so much, I know its off topic, but I just really don't like how hard they are to find. Its weird that the Familiar of higher levels in Baldwin are easier to get than the Skink Familiar, they had to pick a food item that rarely shows up.

Now on topic xD
The venue I've been grinding in is Woodland Path, Hasn't been too bad in there, I watch movies while battling and it helps to pass the time. I have plenty of free time for the Coliseum because.. Yeah I have no social life xD

The event this year is better, I've enjoyed it more, last year I had 1700+ chests and out of that got 3 eggs and no Scrolls. This year, taken more work but in 120+ Chests I have 5 Eggs, and no scrolls. Scrolls hate me. In gathering, including today, still only gotten the 2 chests total.

I've been brewing the single chests as well, till I ran out of Yellow Goo and Ooze, and Baldwin doesn't like giving me the colour I want.

The Moral is. I have no luck and RNG hates me xDDD
Returning to FR after a long hiatus
while i can't speak for people who can't or don't use the coli often (i'm a college student with very little to do this month so i have no problem with having the coli up and grinding most of the day) i've found this year's night of the nocturne to be much Much better than last year's. last year (or? two years ago now i suppose) i spent the same amount of time, opened ~2500 chests and got about 12 eggs and one scroll. this year, mostly just grinding in woodland path, i've gotten 515 and got 30 eggs and 3 scrolls, plus plenty of familiars and apparel instead of just spending all my time opening chests with nothing inside but a single food item...

there's still a clear element of luck though and it'd be nice if there were more non-coli ways to get chests (esp since they're so rare from gathering, i've gotten four or five from there the whole holiday) but that seems to be more of a problem of not having many non-coli ways of distributing items in general than just deciding not to use said ways? since baldwin and swipp are both involved already?
while i can't speak for people who can't or don't use the coli often (i'm a college student with very little to do this month so i have no problem with having the coli up and grinding most of the day) i've found this year's night of the nocturne to be much Much better than last year's. last year (or? two years ago now i suppose) i spent the same amount of time, opened ~2500 chests and got about 12 eggs and one scroll. this year, mostly just grinding in woodland path, i've gotten 515 and got 30 eggs and 3 scrolls, plus plenty of familiars and apparel instead of just spending all my time opening chests with nothing inside but a single food item...

there's still a clear element of luck though and it'd be nice if there were more non-coli ways to get chests (esp since they're so rare from gathering, i've gotten four or five from there the whole holiday) but that seems to be more of a problem of not having many non-coli ways of distributing items in general than just deciding not to use said ways? since baldwin and swipp are both involved already?
i was scared of dentists and the dark / i was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations
This is the 6th day in a row that I've had Z E R O chests from gathering. For people who can't or don't like coli, how is this fun at all??
This is the 6th day in a row that I've had Z E R O chests from gathering. For people who can't or don't like coli, how is this fun at all??
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
[quote name="mulderpines" date=2016-01-01 07:58:12] since baldwin and swipp are both involved already? [/quote] The problem is that Swipp uses coli materials, Baldwin is fine though.
mulderpines wrote on 2016-01-01:
since baldwin and swipp are both involved already?

The problem is that Swipp uses coli materials, Baldwin is fine though.
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
[quote name="Gaia" date=2016-01-01 06:21:39] @ForeverFallyn: [quote=Announcement]From now until [b]January 2nd, 23:59 server time[/b], it will be possible to attain Nocturne Dragons in the following ways: ....[/quote] At his moment it is January 1st, 6.20 server time, so you still have 1 day and ~18 hours left :) Do make sure to open your chests before the event ends, because unopened chests will disintegrate! [/quote] Does anyone know what happens if I let Baldwin brew Strange Chests and collect them after rollover on Sunday. Will I still be able to open them or will they disintegrate immediately?
Gaia wrote on 2016-01-01:
@ForeverFallyn:
Announcement wrote:
From now until January 2nd, 23:59 server time, it will be possible to attain Nocturne Dragons in the following ways: ....

At his moment it is January 1st, 6.20 server time, so you still have 1 day and ~18 hours left :) Do make sure to open your chests before the event ends, because unopened chests will disintegrate!

Does anyone know what happens if I let Baldwin brew Strange Chests and collect them after rollover on Sunday. Will I still be able to open them or will they disintegrate immediately?
p2NExKd.png Mi9lokp.gif vIg3iR3.gifnWzXrhS.gif
Does anyone know whether the Tatters apparel will return next year? It vaguely says that they'll cycle out, but I'm not sure if I trust they'll be back next year OTL
Does anyone know whether the Tatters apparel will return next year? It vaguely says that they'll cycle out, but I'm not sure if I trust they'll be back next year OTL
slarg_child_smol_by_deestracted-da8z0h2.png
@DuskWitch13 I can't say for sure cause we didn't have brewing opportunities (or Baldwin himself for that matter) last year, but my guess would be it would disintegrate immediately after collecting the finished brew. My advice would be to brew an apparel or agol near the end of the event, as those items will stay intact :)
@DuskWitch13 I can't say for sure cause we didn't have brewing opportunities (or Baldwin himself for that matter) last year, but my guess would be it would disintegrate immediately after collecting the finished brew. My advice would be to brew an apparel or agol near the end of the event, as those items will stay intact :)
@Gaia
Thank you! I'll try that :)
@Gaia
Thank you! I'll try that :)
p2NExKd.png Mi9lokp.gif vIg3iR3.gifnWzXrhS.gif
1 2 ... 169 170 171 172 173 ... 189 190