Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2015
1 2 ... 168 169 170 171 172 ... 189 190
Awesome event so far, much better than last year. Glad everything is cycling so I don't have to stress about getting it all this year. It sucks a bit for people who can't grind in the coli but I've also gotten at least 2 chests every day from gathering. So just that is enough to get a decent amount of stuff.

I'm interested to see what they add next year to keep it fresh.
Awesome event so far, much better than last year. Glad everything is cycling so I don't have to stress about getting it all this year. It sucks a bit for people who can't grind in the coli but I've also gotten at least 2 chests every day from gathering. So just that is enough to get a decent amount of stuff.

I'm interested to see what they add next year to keep it fresh.
tumblr_inline_nb2ti8NMAe1qg78ij.png
@SteadyAsSheGoes
Wow, you have more luck then me xD
During this whole Event, I've only gotten 2 Chest, total, from Gathering. So here's hoping that next year they fiddle around with the drop rates in the gathering section at the very least.
@SteadyAsSheGoes
Wow, you have more luck then me xD
During this whole Event, I've only gotten 2 Chest, total, from Gathering. So here's hoping that next year they fiddle around with the drop rates in the gathering section at the very least.
Returning to FR after a long hiatus
@SteadyAsSheGoes @Pande28

At least you had a good time. For me, however, this Night of Nocturne was terrible.

In the whole event, I got at most 3 dozen chests; about 65% Baldwin and 35% Scavenging. I also only got a total of two eggs, and a grand total of zero scrolls. I also only encountered a total of 3 groups of Mimics for the entire holiday!

And speaking of Baldwin, in order to get most of my chests towards the end of the holiday, I actually had to end up relocking a little under 20 familars in my bestiary because Baldwin absolutely refused to give me any gold muck for the double chest; so that was a complete bomb.
@SteadyAsSheGoes @Pande28

At least you had a good time. For me, however, this Night of Nocturne was terrible.

In the whole event, I got at most 3 dozen chests; about 65% Baldwin and 35% Scavenging. I also only got a total of two eggs, and a grand total of zero scrolls. I also only encountered a total of 3 groups of Mimics for the entire holiday!

And speaking of Baldwin, in order to get most of my chests towards the end of the holiday, I actually had to end up relocking a little under 20 familars in my bestiary because Baldwin absolutely refused to give me any gold muck for the double chest; so that was a complete bomb.
g9YXQbU.gifwpEE9mo.pngg9YXQbU.gif
@RugaQwarrcall
I'm not sure I'd say I had a good time per say, the amount of time I was in the Coliseum was frustrating. And The Majority of my chest came from Swipp, 75 out of 120, the rest from Woodland Path and Baldwin, bar 2 that I got from Gathering.

In total I've had 4 Eggs, none from Gathering, Missing 1 Familiar and got 36 doubles of last years Familiar. Apparel, I think I have 5 complete sets from the chests. And no Scrolls.

On the previous page I mention that I feel the Event was too focused on the Coliseum and the drop rate for gathering too low. Maybe the RNG is just broken, after 2 weeks(?) to only get 2 chests from there, yet others can get two a day and found eggs.

Basically I'm happier with the Event this year than I was last Year, but this one was still frustrating with everything revolving around the Coliseum, because Swipp and Baldwin still required items that you got only get from battling.
And also my Baldwin luck, like yours, is poor. Just refuses to give the colour needed.
@RugaQwarrcall
I'm not sure I'd say I had a good time per say, the amount of time I was in the Coliseum was frustrating. And The Majority of my chest came from Swipp, 75 out of 120, the rest from Woodland Path and Baldwin, bar 2 that I got from Gathering.

In total I've had 4 Eggs, none from Gathering, Missing 1 Familiar and got 36 doubles of last years Familiar. Apparel, I think I have 5 complete sets from the chests. And no Scrolls.

On the previous page I mention that I feel the Event was too focused on the Coliseum and the drop rate for gathering too low. Maybe the RNG is just broken, after 2 weeks(?) to only get 2 chests from there, yet others can get two a day and found eggs.

Basically I'm happier with the Event this year than I was last Year, but this one was still frustrating with everything revolving around the Coliseum, because Swipp and Baldwin still required items that you got only get from battling.
And also my Baldwin luck, like yours, is poor. Just refuses to give the colour needed.
Returning to FR after a long hiatus
I just dropped two chests in one fight...that never ever happened to me with any event @.@

Happy New Year everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
I just dropped two chests in one fight...that never ever happened to me with any event @.@

Happy New Year everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
Visit my accent shop HERE! & Adoptable Interest Check HERE!
Is today the last day of NotN or is it tomorrow? I didn't get enough sleep to brain. Someone help.

Seriously though I had a pretty good time, I wasn't here last year so I can't compare the two, but I think it would be nice if the drop rate was just a tiny bit higher next year, at least with Gathering.

And maybe less familiars? It was sort of Night of the Bears more than NotN.

I gotta say though, Swip saved it for me. Before the swaps I was just kind of blindly grinding and it was a lot more frustrating than fun since nothing was dropping. Because the swaps meant I could focus on an area and an amount of drops needed, and that guaranteed a chest for my effort. It made it a lot easier to stay focused, and it meant more random coli drops too. Kudos to whoever thought of that. :)
Is today the last day of NotN or is it tomorrow? I didn't get enough sleep to brain. Someone help.

Seriously though I had a pretty good time, I wasn't here last year so I can't compare the two, but I think it would be nice if the drop rate was just a tiny bit higher next year, at least with Gathering.

And maybe less familiars? It was sort of Night of the Bears more than NotN.

I gotta say though, Swip saved it for me. Before the swaps I was just kind of blindly grinding and it was a lot more frustrating than fun since nothing was dropping. Because the swaps meant I could focus on an area and an amount of drops needed, and that guaranteed a chest for my effort. It made it a lot easier to stay focused, and it meant more random coli drops too. Kudos to whoever thought of that. :)
@ForeverFallyn: [quote=Announcement]From now until [b]January 2nd, 23:59 server time[/b], it will be possible to attain Nocturne Dragons in the following ways: ....[/quote] At his moment it is January 1st, 6.20 server time, so you still have 1 day and ~18 hours left :) Do make sure to open your chests before the event ends, because unopened chests will disintegrate!
@ForeverFallyn:
Announcement wrote:
From now until January 2nd, 23:59 server time, it will be possible to attain Nocturne Dragons in the following ways: ....

At his moment it is January 1st, 6.20 server time, so you still have 1 day and ~18 hours left :) Do make sure to open your chests before the event ends, because unopened chests will disintegrate!
@Gaia Thanks >_< I got confused because usually festivals end when it turns into Sunday, but this one is very different to any of the others! :)
@Gaia Thanks >_< I got confused because usually festivals end when it turns into Sunday, but this one is very different to any of the others! :)
@ForeverFallyn This event also ends when Sunday starts, but instead of 1, it lasted 2 weeks. But I definitely know how it is confusing, especially if you also live in another timezone O_o I always use server time and the data of the most recent post to guide me in my calculations! ^^
@ForeverFallyn This event also ends when Sunday starts, but instead of 1, it lasted 2 weeks. But I definitely know how it is confusing, especially if you also live in another timezone O_o I always use server time and the data of the most recent post to guide me in my calculations! ^^
@Gaia, I just realised that I thought today was Saturday, and that was my major source of confusion. Oh gosh I need more coffee! >_<

Well great, that gives me plenty of time to do more brewing in Baldwins! :)
@Gaia, I just realised that I thought today was Saturday, and that was my major source of confusion. Oh gosh I need more coffee! >_<

Well great, that gives me plenty of time to do more brewing in Baldwins! :)
1 2 ... 168 169 170 171 172 ... 189 190