Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, November 2015
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 80 81
[quote name="multiplicity" date=2015-11-25 18:04:31] [quote name="Sylvandyr" date=2015-11-25 18:00:45] Beautiful genes. Crossroads 2.0 doesn't look like it'll solve Dominance bottlenecks with its proposed implementation, unfortunately. Still appears that it'll have an averse effect as predicted. The confirmation requirement when sending dragons for a fee is still going to slow things down massively for people buying dragons, because now they have to assign the fee to the dragon. [/quote] Yeah I'm worried about this as well. The 'fast track' will be good for sending dragons for raffles/donating them but when you're selling them during dominance it'll still be a real pain. [/quote] @multiplicity - Unfortunately, the 'fast track' will be bad for sending dragons to raffles for a fee, which is what most Dominance raffle dragons go for. (It will only be ok for free dragons.) Exalters are typically too busy to determine who is owed what, so having to take the extra second to check how much each dragon is worth, even with a helpful instant lookup tool, will add up. Add that to the requirement that both parties confirms the trade (after both offers are made) and Dominance receiving is going to be hampered handily. On top of that, from the screenshot, I'm worried that they're planning to change up the interface and remove the dragon's profile link from the Crossroads page, which was a gigantic time saver to ctrl+click from that page to instantly exalt because playing musical chairs with a big lair is impossible. I appreciate the work that's gone into this feature, but I really wish dragon trades were just separated. When 2.0 goes live, Dominance battles are going to be even more anxiety-ridden. I don't think I could ever sign up as a receiver again if I had to assign payouts to each dragon. Perhaps Dominance raffles and buy threads will go out of style in favor of mercenary threads, dumping the need to deal with the inflexibility of Crossroads 2.0 for exalters.
multiplicity wrote on 2015-11-25:
Sylvandyr wrote on 2015-11-25:
Beautiful genes.

Crossroads 2.0 doesn't look like it'll solve Dominance bottlenecks with its proposed implementation, unfortunately. Still appears that it'll have an averse effect as predicted. The confirmation requirement when sending dragons for a fee is still going to slow things down massively for people buying dragons, because now they have to assign the fee to the dragon.

Yeah I'm worried about this as well. The 'fast track' will be good for sending dragons for raffles/donating them but when you're selling them during dominance it'll still be a real pain.

@multiplicity - Unfortunately, the 'fast track' will be bad for sending dragons to raffles for a fee, which is what most Dominance raffle dragons go for. (It will only be ok for free dragons.)

Exalters are typically too busy to determine who is owed what, so having to take the extra second to check how much each dragon is worth, even with a helpful instant lookup tool, will add up. Add that to the requirement that both parties confirms the trade (after both offers are made) and Dominance receiving is going to be hampered handily.

On top of that, from the screenshot, I'm worried that they're planning to change up the interface and remove the dragon's profile link from the Crossroads page, which was a gigantic time saver to ctrl+click from that page to instantly exalt because playing musical chairs with a big lair is impossible.

I appreciate the work that's gone into this feature, but I really wish dragon trades were just separated. When 2.0 goes live, Dominance battles are going to be even more anxiety-ridden. I don't think I could ever sign up as a receiver again if I had to assign payouts to each dragon. Perhaps Dominance raffles and buy threads will go out of style in favor of mercenary threads, dumping the need to deal with the inflexibility of Crossroads 2.0 for exalters.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
what if you problem with getting mirrors? They are the cool breed that is just trying its best! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14671559] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/146716/14671559_350.png[/img] [/url] (I'm being silly if that isn't obvious. Just at first I was confused then remembered an actual mirror you use for grooming purposes was one thing you got from chests last year)
what if you problem with getting mirrors? They are the cool breed that is just trying its best!

14671559_350.png

(I'm being silly if that isn't obvious. Just at first I was confused then remembered an actual mirror you use for grooming purposes was one thing you got from chests last year)
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes, love this content!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes, love this content!
160855.png160363.png157971.png160984.png161093.png164494.png165132.png165133.png165496.png162298.png

⫷16:30 hr ahead of FR time⫸
IM SO EXCITED FOR ALL OF THESE BUT MY ADOPTABLES ARE NOT!
IM SO EXCITED FOR ALL OF THESE BUT MY ADOPTABLES ARE NOT!
beacon of the radiant eye terarrium & iri | FR+2 | lightdom | imperial dragons #1 fan
badge hub & wishlist | art shop | avatar dragon
howdy folks. i like dogs, baking, cooking, illustration, and high-fantasy stuff! you can find me at your local renaissance faire dressed up as an elf, probably :)
WHOO, new gem genes! <3 And I love butterflies. And Coatls look like perfect butterflies with those genes! And a colouring contest! And Night of the Nocturne! And Crossroads 2.0! And a turkey! And and and!!! *faints from excitement*
WHOO, new gem genes! <3 And I love butterflies. And Coatls look like perfect butterflies with those genes! And a colouring contest! And Night of the Nocturne! And Crossroads 2.0! And a turkey! And and and!!! *faints from excitement*
tumblr_nqi7ugRwjP1uy6rdio3_r1_400.png
FR+9
Adorbs Accents
I'm a little sad to see that the color wheel expansion isn't going to be the big December event, but I'm all for goodies in chests. I don't need any more Nocturnes in my lair but I'll probably try to collect all the familiars!
I'm a little sad to see that the color wheel expansion isn't going to be the big December event, but I'm all for goodies in chests. I don't need any more Nocturnes in my lair but I'll probably try to collect all the familiars!
BUT LIKE SERIOUSLY THOUGH IM SO EXCITED FOR EVERYTHING
BUT LIKE SERIOUSLY THOUGH IM SO EXCITED FOR EVERYTHING
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif tumblr_pnoln4s8tc1tk5l29o1_250.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
(Heavy breathing) Butterfly ?.?
Also, I'm so glad NotN will have a more, how do you say, fun atmosphere.
(Heavy breathing) Butterfly ?.?
Also, I'm so glad NotN will have a more, how do you say, fun atmosphere.
I honestly don't get why the Night of Nocturne is returning, I was hoping it was only an one time thing... that's putting way too much focus on a breed that is not even special anymore in the first place. Not to mention this is yet again happening on DECEMBER.

I don't know about everyone else, but I sure as heck am not excited for hunting for eggs that will give me basic gened nocs when I can easilly snag a gorgeous triple gened one from the AH for 10k or even less. Even with the eggs being 1st gen, I like to focus more on the dragon's looks and never really cared about this kind of thing.

Also, did I read it right? They are bringing the bears back?? But... wasn't that one of the things that went wrong in the first place??? From what I remember most people were super frustrated with the bears' value having been completely broken when they were supposed to be exclusive elemental event familiars. Heck even with new fake bears being released, the rest are all familiars that have already been released previously. What's the point of this when you could simply release entirely new, exclusive familiars for this event instead??

The only thing I'm vaguely interested on about Night of the Nocturne is the chance of getting a breed changing scroll, but even that doesn't really feel exciting to me, not when it's my literal only interest from an entire event. I'm not looking forward to getting yet another load of familiars I already have along with other objects just to maybe get a scroll. Even if they say the chest hunting is going to be "more fun", I simply can't get excited to spend my time on a heavily coligrinding-based activity(which is tedious and repetitive, and was also another thing that made this event not fun) just for the chance of getting ONE prize I'm truly invested on.

Overall I really don't see the point of this being brought up again when the staff could be focusing on something much more important or actually relevant for the site... I'm sorry if I'm sounding harsh or rude about all this, but as somebody who got extremely frustrated and stressed from the last event, I can't muster any hint of a good mood to address this announcement.

I honestly don't get why the Night of Nocturne is returning, I was hoping it was only an one time thing... that's putting way too much focus on a breed that is not even special anymore in the first place. Not to mention this is yet again happening on DECEMBER.

I don't know about everyone else, but I sure as heck am not excited for hunting for eggs that will give me basic gened nocs when I can easilly snag a gorgeous triple gened one from the AH for 10k or even less. Even with the eggs being 1st gen, I like to focus more on the dragon's looks and never really cared about this kind of thing.

Also, did I read it right? They are bringing the bears back?? But... wasn't that one of the things that went wrong in the first place??? From what I remember most people were super frustrated with the bears' value having been completely broken when they were supposed to be exclusive elemental event familiars. Heck even with new fake bears being released, the rest are all familiars that have already been released previously. What's the point of this when you could simply release entirely new, exclusive familiars for this event instead??

The only thing I'm vaguely interested on about Night of the Nocturne is the chance of getting a breed changing scroll, but even that doesn't really feel exciting to me, not when it's my literal only interest from an entire event. I'm not looking forward to getting yet another load of familiars I already have along with other objects just to maybe get a scroll. Even if they say the chest hunting is going to be "more fun", I simply can't get excited to spend my time on a heavily coligrinding-based activity(which is tedious and repetitive, and was also another thing that made this event not fun) just for the chance of getting ONE prize I'm truly invested on.

Overall I really don't see the point of this being brought up again when the staff could be focusing on something much more important or actually relevant for the site... I'm sorry if I'm sounding harsh or rude about all this, but as somebody who got extremely frustrated and stressed from the last event, I can't muster any hint of a good mood to address this announcement.

ssjS89N.png
I really want that Turkey and the butterfly wings.
I really want that Turkey and the butterfly wings.
234.gif
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 80 81