Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Cloak and Dragon
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
[quote name="Delphi" date=2015-06-01 13:16:28] @ Undel just curious, but were there any plans to fix the fact that the guise/cloak things kind of...not sure how to put this...completely ignores the back of a male tundra's head/mane? The clipping on the ears and crests is fixed, but this is still an issue. Thanks. [/quote] [COLOR=#585C4F] Was about to ask the same thing! I think you could just alter the stitching pattern to make the cloak look "loose" around the mane so that it looks like it's giving breathing room for the mane to stick out? I'm really glad so many nice changes were made though- and so quickly too! I hope the responsible artist takes a coffee break once in a while XD
Delphi wrote on 2015-06-01:
@ Undel just curious, but were there any plans to fix the fact that the guise/cloak things kind of...not sure how to put this...completely ignores the back of a male tundra's head/mane? The clipping on the ears and crests is fixed, but this is still an issue. Thanks.

Was about to ask the same thing! I think you could just alter the stitching pattern to make the cloak look "loose" around the mane so that it looks like it's giving breathing room for the mane to stick out?

I'm really glad so many nice changes were made though- and so quickly too! I hope the responsible artist takes a coffee break once in a while XD
[quote name="Delphi" date=2015-06-01 13:16:28] @Undel just curious, but were there any plans to fix the fact that the guise/cloak things kind of...not sure how to put this...completely ignores the back of a male tundra's head/mane? The clipping on the ears and crests is fixed, but this is still an issue. Thanks. [/quote] There are no plans at this time. In a perfect world the fur would be pressed down under the cloak; however, the art is static and cannot do that, so either the cloak needs to be drawn over the tip of all the fur (big and cumbersome) or a hole needs to be drawn for hair... which would be an odd thing to do for a hood! It is an inconsistency that will remain as we feel its the best compromise for keeping the hood recognizable as a hood while following as much of the dragon as is possible given our apparel layering system.
Delphi wrote on 2015-06-01:
@Undel just curious, but were there any plans to fix the fact that the guise/cloak things kind of...not sure how to put this...completely ignores the back of a male tundra's head/mane? The clipping on the ears and crests is fixed, but this is still an issue. Thanks.

There are no plans at this time. In a perfect world the fur would be pressed down under the cloak; however, the art is static and cannot do that, so either the cloak needs to be drawn over the tip of all the fur (big and cumbersome) or a hole needs to be drawn for hair... which would be an odd thing to do for a hood! It is an inconsistency that will remain as we feel its the best compromise for keeping the hood recognizable as a hood while following as much of the dragon as is possible given our apparel layering system.
@Undel

Well, though you said there are no plans to change it, I'd like to throw in another vote to make it work better for male tundras.. it just looks strange on them. I understand the reasoning completely, though the way the fur sticks out does kind of make it seem like there is a hole in the hood for it? Personally I'd like to see the hood expanded to fit all the fur (as is, it doesn't look like the hood is pushing down on the fur like you said is the intention) or for it to somehow remove the fur that's outside of it.. which I imagine isn't a viable option so I guess just making the hood bigger should be okay.

That's just my two cents though :p I know you guys don't want to change it and that's cool, but just thought throwing my voice in with the others might sway you if enough people have the same idea. If not I guess I just won't use the hood on male tundras, which I can live with since it looks great on most other dragons.

Overall, these guises are great and I really super duper appreciate the work that's gone into them, especially how the artists fixed most of the guises that had issues so promptly. Great job FR team. :)
@Undel

Well, though you said there are no plans to change it, I'd like to throw in another vote to make it work better for male tundras.. it just looks strange on them. I understand the reasoning completely, though the way the fur sticks out does kind of make it seem like there is a hole in the hood for it? Personally I'd like to see the hood expanded to fit all the fur (as is, it doesn't look like the hood is pushing down on the fur like you said is the intention) or for it to somehow remove the fur that's outside of it.. which I imagine isn't a viable option so I guess just making the hood bigger should be okay.

That's just my two cents though :p I know you guys don't want to change it and that's cool, but just thought throwing my voice in with the others might sway you if enough people have the same idea. If not I guess I just won't use the hood on male tundras, which I can live with since it looks great on most other dragons.

Overall, these guises are great and I really super duper appreciate the work that's gone into them, especially how the artists fixed most of the guises that had issues so promptly. Great job FR team. :)
i need like, 37 of those cloaks...
i need like, 37 of those cloaks...
FOR STEAL A DRAGON GAMES PLEASE CHOOSE FROM MY HIBERNAL DEN!

tbWjxrJ.jpg
I love these all so much. Only enough gems for one so far, but soon...
I love these all so much. Only enough gems for one so far, but soon...
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
@Undel I dunno if anyone's ever said it, but has there been any plan of using the same method as user skin/accents to 'erase' parts of the dragon (white + lighter lineart) for apparel? It could be a workaround for dragons with fur/etc but also might be considered messy/bad practice. And may not even work for dragons with spines lol. Figured I'd throw it out there though.

As for the cloaks specifically, what about male mirror, guardian and spiral horns? It seems weird to me that they're concealed in the male art but holes are cut in the hood for the female.
@Undel I dunno if anyone's ever said it, but has there been any plan of using the same method as user skin/accents to 'erase' parts of the dragon (white + lighter lineart) for apparel? It could be a workaround for dragons with fur/etc but also might be considered messy/bad practice. And may not even work for dragons with spines lol. Figured I'd throw it out there though.

As for the cloaks specifically, what about male mirror, guardian and spiral horns? It seems weird to me that they're concealed in the male art but holes are cut in the hood for the female.
TAkaIpD.png
@Undel I have to agree that the cloaks (and the cowls) are annoying in the way that they look to be cutting straight through the mane. I would rather it be extended to cover the mane. What's wrong with a big hood? I don't see how it would lose it's hood-like look. Also, horns are given holes in the cloaks and cowls. How would it no longer be a hood with holes for a mane, if it's still a hood with holes for horns? We don't wear hoods on our sweaters with holes for our ears, do we? It just looks plain stupid to me when the cowls and hoods don't cover the manes. Just my opinion. I think changing the hoods and cowls would better improve the look. Right now they look, well... sloppy. Almost as though no one had the patience to add in the extra work (trust me, I know that's not true!).
@Undel I have to agree that the cloaks (and the cowls) are annoying in the way that they look to be cutting straight through the mane. I would rather it be extended to cover the mane. What's wrong with a big hood? I don't see how it would lose it's hood-like look. Also, horns are given holes in the cloaks and cowls. How would it no longer be a hood with holes for a mane, if it's still a hood with holes for horns? We don't wear hoods on our sweaters with holes for our ears, do we? It just looks plain stupid to me when the cowls and hoods don't cover the manes. Just my opinion. I think changing the hoods and cowls would better improve the look. Right now they look, well... sloppy. Almost as though no one had the patience to add in the extra work (trust me, I know that's not true!).
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
How long will the cloaks be in the market?
How long will the cloaks be in the market?
mhmmm
I previewed the cloaks on Snappers. I laughed too hard,
I previewed the cloaks on Snappers. I laughed too hard,
Waystone3.gif
Jeeze, poor Undel is getting ping attacked...
Jeeze, poor Undel is getting ping attacked...
p7DHQEd.gif
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56