Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Vipera & Hypnotic Genes
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 36 37
I love them both actually! They are so nice alone and together =)

I love them both actually! They are so nice alone and together =)

4LxiTjz.gif
Is anyone else getting a repeating wing-pattern background behind Undel's post? It makes it a little hard to read.
Is anyone else getting a repeating wing-pattern background behind Undel's post? It makes it a little hard to read.
50lm6f.jpg
[quote name="SacredSpirit123" date=2015-03-31 07:25:37] Is anyone else getting a repeating wing-pattern background behind Undel's post? It makes it a little hard to read. [/quote] clear your browser cookies! Should fix it up.
SacredSpirit123 wrote on 2015-03-31:

clear your browser cookies! Should fix it up.
Awesome genes!
Awesome genes!
....Just creepin' through.....
I like vipera, the markings underneath the mouth in particular, however not so much the fact that they transition the way they do. This transitioning can end up looking awkward. My eyes aren't the most bothered by patterns, but hypnotic can get to be bothersome. Because of this the only dragon to get it will be Legacy, because it makes her wings look waves and with blue it's not as hard on the eyes. [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=11&wing=21&style=13&gender=1&ages=1&prig=2&secg=9&tert=28&elem=2&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png[/img]
I like vipera, the markings underneath the mouth in particular, however not so much the fact that they transition the way they do. This transitioning can end up looking awkward. My eyes aren't the most bothered by patterns, but hypnotic can get to be bothersome. Because of this the only dragon to get it will be Legacy, because it makes her wings look waves and with blue it's not as hard on the eyes.

dragonpic2.php?body=11&wing=21&style=13&gender=1&ages=1&prig=2&secg=9&tert=28&elem=2&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
I wish the contrast on the secondary was less intense. Some colors are ok (like the one in Sporklord's post) but most of them make me feel physically ill

They look like a migrane aura. which would be really neat, except that looking at things like that can trigger one.
I wish the contrast on the secondary was less intense. Some colors are ok (like the one in Sporklord's post) but most of them make me feel physically ill

They look like a migrane aura. which would be really neat, except that looking at things like that can trigger one.
tumblr_inline_o7nbjtedUu1r0eb29_540.png FR tumblr
Ooooooo I really like that new primary gene
Ooooooo I really like that new primary gene
Oh this is like okapi and piebald all over again.

Okapi doesn't even look like the animal, and in my opinion should be renamed (perhaps then follow up with a better gene that actually looks like the okapi animal). I like the gene right now, I just don't think it should be called okapi when it's nothing like the animal. Tiger looks like a tiger, so why can't okapi look like an okapi?
Piebald, thankfully, is white, but it's going to be rather boring. Plain colour with splashes of white? A lot of animals with piebald still have patterns where there is no white. I blame the poll on that one, because to me it sounded like it was either coloured tertiary, coloured primary&secondary, or white primary&secondary, with no option of a white tertiary. I know it would be tedious, but I think that maybe the vote should be taken again (or perhaps a vote between white primary&secondary vs white tertiary). I doubt I'll be getting the piebald genes. Perhaps piebald accents (I've seen those floating around). I know piebald wouldn't make sense as a tertiary, but it's a boring primary/secondary... it looks more like a paint or pinto horse. So perhaps a rename would be simpler ^^'

I do like these new genes, actually I love them, but I'm getting bored of the bleeding pattern (the wings and body patterns matching up). Some new genes that don't connect like this would be nice in the future.
But it's not like I'm in charge or something XD so I'm not really expecting much out of this rant.
Oh this is like okapi and piebald all over again.

Okapi doesn't even look like the animal, and in my opinion should be renamed (perhaps then follow up with a better gene that actually looks like the okapi animal). I like the gene right now, I just don't think it should be called okapi when it's nothing like the animal. Tiger looks like a tiger, so why can't okapi look like an okapi?
Piebald, thankfully, is white, but it's going to be rather boring. Plain colour with splashes of white? A lot of animals with piebald still have patterns where there is no white. I blame the poll on that one, because to me it sounded like it was either coloured tertiary, coloured primary&secondary, or white primary&secondary, with no option of a white tertiary. I know it would be tedious, but I think that maybe the vote should be taken again (or perhaps a vote between white primary&secondary vs white tertiary). I doubt I'll be getting the piebald genes. Perhaps piebald accents (I've seen those floating around). I know piebald wouldn't make sense as a tertiary, but it's a boring primary/secondary... it looks more like a paint or pinto horse. So perhaps a rename would be simpler ^^'

I do like these new genes, actually I love them, but I'm getting bored of the bleeding pattern (the wings and body patterns matching up). Some new genes that don't connect like this would be nice in the future.
But it's not like I'm in charge or something XD so I'm not really expecting much out of this rant.
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
Ah, I remember seeing these!
Ah, I remember seeing these!
643_zpspmm4kxog.giftumblr_inline_n6kdupObsO1qlye38_zpsgsjvkvyl.gif644_zpsht3f1iox.gif
oh wow!
oh wow!
OcuEUQj.png
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 36 37