Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, Vol 9
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 38 39
[quote name="Shara" date="2014-11-14 05:46:39"][quote name="Delphi" date="2014-11-14 05:45:05"]I have to agree with those wondering why the old armor needed to be revamped instead of adding a new set. Because, see, while I love the update on one of my dragons...on the others who were wearing the armor, I feel like their look has been completely ruined. At the very least, it's been changed from something that made me happy every time I looked at it to something I'm...really just not that happy with. At all. Why did the old armor need to be entirely replaced and removed? They're both really good armor sets, but here's the thing--they're really DIFFERENT armor sets. They have a completely different look to them. There's no reason we should have had to lose the ones that we already enjoyed using for new ones that, while we may also enjoy...we certainly don't want on ALL our armored dragons. In no other instance has one apparel item or design REPLACED another. Ornate necklaces and bracers did not replace the simple ones, for example, and to me, this feels like a similar style shift, so I really don't understand why this was a change and not an addition. Is there a reason for it at all? I'd love to hear if so.[/quote] This, exactlly! Well said![/quote] Agreed Kind of wish there was either an option to change the armor back to the old or that this 'updated' armor could be released as something completely new, not as a replacement. I respect the want to show improvement and fix outdated things but I don't feel this was the best way to go about it. While I do like the new look for certain things and on certain dragons, I did design many a dragon around the old style and colors. Now the layering it messed up because the armor looks completely different and the colors are..wow- Last time I'll ever buy gems to get things like accents that match the armor color because nope you'll just change that on us- |D [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2235893] [img]http://i57.tinypic.com/2ds4e11.jpg[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/22359/2235893_350.png[/img] [/url]
Shara wrote on 2014-11-14 05:46:39:
Delphi wrote on 2014-11-14 05:45:05:
I have to agree with those wondering why the old armor needed to be revamped instead of adding a new set. Because, see, while I love the update on one of my dragons...on the others who were wearing the armor, I feel like their look has been completely ruined. At the very least, it's been changed from something that made me happy every time I looked at it to something I'm...really just not that happy with. At all. Why did the old armor need to be entirely replaced and removed?

They're both really good armor sets, but here's the thing--they're really DIFFERENT armor sets. They have a completely different look to them. There's no reason we should have had to lose the ones that we already enjoyed using for new ones that, while we may also enjoy...we certainly don't want on ALL our armored dragons.

In no other instance has one apparel item or design REPLACED another. Ornate necklaces and bracers did not replace the simple ones, for example, and to me, this feels like a similar style shift, so I really don't understand why this was a change and not an addition. Is there a reason for it at all? I'd love to hear if so.

This, exactlly! Well said!

Agreed
Kind of wish there was either an option to change the armor back to the old or that this 'updated' armor could be released as something completely new, not as a replacement.
I respect the want to show improvement and fix outdated things but I don't feel this was the best way to go about it. While I do like the new look for certain things and on certain dragons, I did design many a dragon around the old style and colors. Now the layering it messed up because the armor looks completely different and the colors are..wow-

Last time I'll ever buy gems to get things like accents that match the armor color because nope you'll just change that on us- |D

2ds4e11.jpg
2235893_350.png

newsig1_by_araktugage-d9o53os.png
I absolutely love LOVE the new armor!
It has made so many dragons look amazing!

@Lilian
I looked at both images, and personally think your girl looks better in new armor, and it doesn't look underwhelming at all, in fact it's rather eye catching. Give it a few days, maybe the abrupt change is just what feels off to you. I don't like changes for the first few days myself, so, most of the time, things like this get under my skin at first too.
I absolutely love LOVE the new armor!
It has made so many dragons look amazing!

@Lilian
I looked at both images, and personally think your girl looks better in new armor, and it doesn't look underwhelming at all, in fact it's rather eye catching. Give it a few days, maybe the abrupt change is just what feels off to you. I don't like changes for the first few days myself, so, most of the time, things like this get under my skin at first too.
I hope you're having a great day•buy the pretty dragon
I'm gonna be the odd one out here and say I'm glad the armor got an upgrade. The only reason I never used it was because it was so old and ugly-looking, even the platinum ones. It looks so gallant on them now, not like they're a bunch of walking trash cans. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7604376] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/76044/7604376_350.png[/img] [/url] Also, FRESH MEEEEEEEEEAT
I'm gonna be the odd one out here and say I'm glad the armor got an upgrade. The only reason I never used it was because it was so old and ugly-looking, even the platinum ones. It looks so gallant on them now, not like they're a bunch of walking trash cans.

7604376_350.png

Also, FRESH MEEEEEEEEEAT
splat.gif
Can't wait for the crystal secondary gene, it'll be so nice, and a new registration window will be great; I signed up in october myself and have a few friends who'd love to join :) But, I agree with a lot of other people posting here, it's a bit sad about the armour update - The gold tail cuffs used to perfectly match the other gold jewelry -->[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2bhToyCQAAmsAz.png[/img] And now it no longer matches -->[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2bhTpPCAAES3Vp.png[/img] I kind of wish they'd been released as a separate set instead, because I will definitely agree the new versions look at lot more detailed and really look nicer on most dragons because of the added details. I'm sure I'll get over it though and find some other tail cuffs or something so match my gold stuff ^^
Can't wait for the crystal secondary gene, it'll be so nice, and a new registration window will be great; I signed up in october myself and have a few friends who'd love to join :)

But, I agree with a lot of other people posting here, it's a bit sad about the armour update -
The gold tail cuffs used to perfectly match the other gold jewelry -->B2bhToyCQAAmsAz.png
And now it no longer matches -->B2bhTpPCAAES3Vp.png
I kind of wish they'd been released as a separate set instead, because I will definitely agree the new versions look at lot more detailed and really look nicer on most dragons because of the added details.
I'm sure I'll get over it though and find some other tail cuffs or something so match my gold stuff ^^
ZyHyMSU.png Please always ping me!
arcane_banner.png
@Izakadu I'm not saying the new armor is ugly or anything similar. It's gorgeous indeed, but I bought the old armor for completely different reasons. Like several people pointed out, it matched the dragons in a way this new version doesn't. With that coatl alone I remember I spent about 40k at once that day just from buying the belt and gorget, because to me they looked perfect on her, specially the gorget, and gave her a pirate like look I loved. However, the updated apparel don't match her at all, they blend too much with her colors and gembond and the gorget lost completely the pirate look I was trying for. This is no longer the dress up I had planned so carefully for her and is ruined now. I can say the same thing about this snapper of mine: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1619885] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/16199/1619885_350.png[/img] [/url] When I dressed her up I was aiming for a warrior viking look([url=http://www.antifaro.com/images/Nightstar95/temp12.png][b]link[/b][/url]), but now the updated design doesn't match it anymore at all. If there was something I loved about the old armor, it was the visible black leather straps on her feet and the less vibrant color of the metal. Now they look super bulky and awkward on her instead. So basically, everybody who paid treasure/gems on all these armor sets did so for a specific reason, and changing these apparel so drastically and out of the blue threw many people's dress ups out of the window exactly for that: they do [b]not[/b] fit these objectives anymore. What @Lowkey said is also a big example of this, since they spent money on an accent made specifically for a dragon wearing the old armor, and now that the sets got revamped the accent is pretty much useless. This is beyond frustrating and not to mention unfair. I love to burn tons of treasure on apparel, and seeing something changing so drastically, to the point of ruining my dragons' looks, makes me feel like I just got my money ripped off. The new armor is beautiful and will look great on many dragons, yes, but it should have been released as a whole new set instead of replacing an already existing one so many bought to make specific dress ups.
@Izakadu

I'm not saying the new armor is ugly or anything similar. It's gorgeous indeed, but I bought the old armor for completely different reasons. Like several people pointed out, it matched the dragons in a way this new version doesn't. With that coatl alone I remember I spent about 40k at once that day just from buying the belt and gorget, because to me they looked perfect on her, specially the gorget, and gave her a pirate like look I loved.

However, the updated apparel don't match her at all, they blend too much with her colors and gembond and the gorget lost completely the pirate look I was trying for. This is no longer the dress up I had planned so carefully for her and is ruined now. I can say the same thing about this snapper of mine:

1619885_350.png

When I dressed her up I was aiming for a warrior viking look(link), but now the updated design doesn't match it anymore at all. If there was something I loved about the old armor, it was the visible black leather straps on her feet and the less vibrant color of the metal. Now they look super bulky and awkward on her instead.

So basically, everybody who paid treasure/gems on all these armor sets did so for a specific reason, and changing these apparel so drastically and out of the blue threw many people's dress ups out of the window exactly for that: they do not fit these objectives anymore. What @Lowkey said is also a big example of this, since they spent money on an accent made specifically for a dragon wearing the old armor, and now that the sets got revamped the accent is pretty much useless.

This is beyond frustrating and not to mention unfair. I love to burn tons of treasure on apparel, and seeing something changing so drastically, to the point of ruining my dragons' looks, makes me feel like I just got my money ripped off. The new armor is beautiful and will look great on many dragons, yes, but it should have been released as a whole new set instead of replacing an already existing one so many bought to make specific dress ups.
ssjS89N.png
[quote name="Lowkey" date="2014-11-14 14:01:50"][quote name="Shara" date="2014-11-14 05:46:39"][quote name="Delphi" date="2014-11-14 05:45:05"]I have to agree with those wondering why the old armor needed to be revamped instead of adding a new set. Because, see, while I love the update on one of my dragons...on the others who were wearing the armor, I feel like their look has been completely ruined. At the very least, it's been changed from something that made me happy every time I looked at it to something I'm...really just not that happy with. At all. Why did the old armor need to be entirely replaced and removed? They're both really good armor sets, but here's the thing--they're really DIFFERENT armor sets. They have a completely different look to them. There's no reason we should have had to lose the ones that we already enjoyed using for new ones that, while we may also enjoy...we certainly don't want on ALL our armored dragons. In no other instance has one apparel item or design REPLACED another. Ornate necklaces and bracers did not replace the simple ones, for example, and to me, this feels like a similar style shift, so I really don't understand why this was a change and not an addition. Is there a reason for it at all? I'd love to hear if so.[/quote] This, exactlly! Well said![/quote] Agreed Kind of wish there was either an option to change the armor back to the old or that this 'updated' armor could be released as something completely new, not as a replacement. I respect the want to show improvement and fix outdated things but I don't feel this was the best way to go about it. While I do like the new look for certain things and on certain dragons, I did design many a dragon around the old style and colors. Now the layering it messed up because the armor looks completely different and the colors are..wow- Last time I'll ever buy gems to get things like accents that match the armor color because nope you'll just change that on us- |D [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2235893] [img]http://i57.tinypic.com/2ds4e11.jpg[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/22359/2235893_350.png[/img] [/url][/quote] thats...sad ):
Lowkey wrote on 2014-11-14 14:01:50:
Shara wrote on 2014-11-14 05:46:39:
Delphi wrote on 2014-11-14 05:45:05:
I have to agree with those wondering why the old armor needed to be revamped instead of adding a new set. Because, see, while I love the update on one of my dragons...on the others who were wearing the armor, I feel like their look has been completely ruined. At the very least, it's been changed from something that made me happy every time I looked at it to something I'm...really just not that happy with. At all. Why did the old armor need to be entirely replaced and removed?

They're both really good armor sets, but here's the thing--they're really DIFFERENT armor sets. They have a completely different look to them. There's no reason we should have had to lose the ones that we already enjoyed using for new ones that, while we may also enjoy...we certainly don't want on ALL our armored dragons.

In no other instance has one apparel item or design REPLACED another. Ornate necklaces and bracers did not replace the simple ones, for example, and to me, this feels like a similar style shift, so I really don't understand why this was a change and not an addition. Is there a reason for it at all? I'd love to hear if so.

This, exactlly! Well said!

Agreed
Kind of wish there was either an option to change the armor back to the old or that this 'updated' armor could be released as something completely new, not as a replacement.
I respect the want to show improvement and fix outdated things but I don't feel this was the best way to go about it. While I do like the new look for certain things and on certain dragons, I did design many a dragon around the old style and colors. Now the layering it messed up because the armor looks completely different and the colors are..wow-

Last time I'll ever buy gems to get things like accents that match the armor color because nope you'll just change that on us- |D

2ds4e11.jpg
2235893_350.png
thats...sad ):
tumblr_inline_n5wq0p9DcG1rozs7z.gifART SHOP | SKINS | HATCHERY | TUMBLR tumblr_inline_n5wq0sFHTo1rozs7z.gif
[quote name="Lilian" date="2014-11-14 15:25:49"]@Izakadu I'm not saying the new armor is ugly or anything similar. It's gorgeous indeed, but I bought the old armor for completely different reasons. Like several people pointed out, it matched the dragons in a way this new version doesn't. With that coatl alone I remember I spent about 40k at once that day just from buying the belt and gorget, because to me they looked perfect on her, specially the gorget, and gave her a pirate like look I loved. However, the updated apparel don't match her at all, they blend too much with her colors and gembond and the gorget lost completely the pirate look I was trying for. This is no longer the dress up I had planned so carefully for her and is ruined now. I can say the same thing about this snapper of mine: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1619885] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/16199/1619885_350.png[/img] [/url] When I dressed her up I was aiming for a warrior viking look([url=http://www.antifaro.com/images/Nightstar95/temp12.png][b]link[/b][/url]), but now the updated design doesn't match it anymore at all. If there was something I loved about the old armor, it was the visible black leather straps on her feet and the less vibrant color of the metal. Now they look super bulky and awkward on her instead. So basically, everybody who paid treasure/gems on all these armor sets did so for a specific reason, and changing these apparel so drastically and out of the blue threw many people's dress ups out of the window exactly for that: they do [b]not[/b] fit these objectives anymore. What @Lowkey said is also a big example of this, since they spent money on an accent made specifically for a dragon wearing the old armor, and now that the sets got revamped the accent is pretty much useless. This is beyond frustrating and not to mention unfair. I love to burn tons of treasure on apparel, and seeing something changing so drastically, to the point of ruining my dragons' looks, makes me feel like I just got my money ripped off. The new armor is beautiful and will look great on many dragons, yes, but it should have been released as a whole new set instead of replacing an already existing one so many bought to make specific dress ups.[/quote] This is wonderfully said as well, just wanted to add that everything said here I agree with too. I don't like feeling ripped off, and I'm glad to see others don't either.
Lilian wrote on 2014-11-14 15:25:49:
@Izakadu

I'm not saying the new armor is ugly or anything similar. It's gorgeous indeed, but I bought the old armor for completely different reasons. Like several people pointed out, it matched the dragons in a way this new version doesn't. With that coatl alone I remember I spent about 40k at once that day just from buying the belt and gorget, because to me they looked perfect on her, specially the gorget, and gave her a pirate like look I loved.

However, the updated apparel don't match her at all, they blend too much with her colors and gembond and the gorget lost completely the pirate look I was trying for. This is no longer the dress up I had planned so carefully for her and is ruined now. I can say the same thing about this snapper of mine:

1619885_350.png

When I dressed her up I was aiming for a warrior viking look(link), but now the updated design doesn't match it anymore at all. If there was something I loved about the old armor, it was the visible black leather straps on her feet and the less vibrant color of the metal. Now they look super bulky and awkward on her instead.

So basically, everybody who paid treasure/gems on all these armor sets did so for a specific reason, and changing these apparel so drastically and out of the blue threw many people's dress ups out of the window exactly for that: they do not fit these objectives anymore. What @Lowkey said is also a big example of this, since they spent money on an accent made specifically for a dragon wearing the old armor, and now that the sets got revamped the accent is pretty much useless.

This is beyond frustrating and not to mention unfair. I love to burn tons of treasure on apparel, and seeing something changing so drastically, to the point of ruining my dragons' looks, makes me feel like I just got my money ripped off. The new armor is beautiful and will look great on many dragons, yes, but it should have been released as a whole new set instead of replacing an already existing one so many bought to make specific dress ups.

This is wonderfully said as well, just wanted to add that everything said here I agree with too. I don't like feeling ripped off, and I'm glad to see others don't either.
My Art Shop (CLOSED for now)
I think there...

1. Should have been a poll asking people if they wanted the armor changed
2. Should have been an option to keep the old armor and make an updated set

The new items are beautiful, but at the same time are WAY too different from the originals, and I see a lot of dragon characters being ruined because of it.
I think there...

1. Should have been a poll asking people if they wanted the armor changed
2. Should have been an option to keep the old armor and make an updated set

The new items are beautiful, but at the same time are WAY too different from the originals, and I see a lot of dragon characters being ruined because of it.
I'm kind of upset with the armor changes...not saying they look bad or anything but they're too far from the originals. The colors are off and the new belt looks like leg armor... :/ I think if you tweaked it a little it could look great.

Pretty bummed that the ornate armor lost its patterning too.

And when you guys decide to CHANGE something can you make a poll or something?? It would make a lot of people feel better.

Little changes are alright, but big changes like this? It's like the Fae baby eye shape change. sighs.
I'm kind of upset with the armor changes...not saying they look bad or anything but they're too far from the originals. The colors are off and the new belt looks like leg armor... :/ I think if you tweaked it a little it could look great.

Pretty bummed that the ornate armor lost its patterning too.

And when you guys decide to CHANGE something can you make a poll or something?? It would make a lot of people feel better.

Little changes are alright, but big changes like this? It's like the Fae baby eye shape change. sighs.
I'm super excited for the new batch of FR members, mainly since it means I won't be in the most recent reg group anymore! owo
I'm super excited for the new batch of FR members, mainly since it means I won't be in the most recent reg group anymore! owo
1hvzq.png
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 38 39