Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | Flight Rising: The Card Game! [Open]
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
@Nix4 Well I have an art thread, a deviantart, and a 15 year archive I can pull from (this is where most of the dragons are hiding). I don't know how much of my current work would be good for card type material! I'm a varied artist that specializes in realistic fantasy, but many of my examples are anthropomorphics (/furry) and I'd really like to develop a style that would also compliment the FR art so the custom art wouldn't look too out of place.
I'll totally get started on a couple of card specific pieces.

I just suggested a labor-for-labor/cards trade because I like bartering. :) I could always pay for custom cards too!
@darkclaw
@Nix4 Well I have an art thread, a deviantart, and a 15 year archive I can pull from (this is where most of the dragons are hiding). I don't know how much of my current work would be good for card type material! I'm a varied artist that specializes in realistic fantasy, but many of my examples are anthropomorphics (/furry) and I'd really like to develop a style that would also compliment the FR art so the custom art wouldn't look too out of place.
I'll totally get started on a couple of card specific pieces.

I just suggested a labor-for-labor/cards trade because I like bartering. :) I could always pay for custom cards too!
@darkclaw
Those wolves are great! @Noki.
Those wolves are great! @Noki.
@Nix4 Oh yeah, I love the idea of using familiars! Especially the elemental ones.
And thanks, lol. Definitely need more dragons for dragon game fan art, though.

I might have the whole bartering situation all wrong considering the charge is for the making of any card with any art, but nonetheless I really like the idea of making non-stock fan art for the cause!

I mean, I'm getting excited over the idea of battle stones and they would be way more interesting if they had custom art instead of their icon/coliseum graphics.
@Nix4 Oh yeah, I love the idea of using familiars! Especially the elemental ones.
And thanks, lol. Definitely need more dragons for dragon game fan art, though.

I might have the whole bartering situation all wrong considering the charge is for the making of any card with any art, but nonetheless I really like the idea of making non-stock fan art for the cause!

I mean, I'm getting excited over the idea of battle stones and they would be way more interesting if they had custom art instead of their icon/coliseum graphics.
@Noki yea makes sense, im on the other end trying to get more humans and furries.

and when it comes to the cards, like I was saying i have used almost 30 dergs for creatures. lol i have been using my friends. so im pretty much done with dergs/creatures for awhile. The next obvious thing would be familiars and maybe items, but to resize the item image makes it blurry.

I dont think the artistic "style" really matters when it comes to the cards, whether its traditional or digital, bust for full body.

@Noki yea makes sense, im on the other end trying to get more humans and furries.

and when it comes to the cards, like I was saying i have used almost 30 dergs for creatures. lol i have been using my friends. so im pretty much done with dergs/creatures for awhile. The next obvious thing would be familiars and maybe items, but to resize the item image makes it blurry.

I dont think the artistic "style" really matters when it comes to the cards, whether its traditional or digital, bust for full body.

@Nix4 When I mention style, I mean the simple sort of cell shaded look, smooth gradients, a little less detailed (like no scale patterns). I'm used to super-realistic with minute details and trying to capture a lot of depth, where I would probably spend 40 hours on a card art if I went too far!
@Nix4 When I mention style, I mean the simple sort of cell shaded look, smooth gradients, a little less detailed (like no scale patterns). I'm used to super-realistic with minute details and trying to capture a lot of depth, where I would probably spend 40 hours on a card art if I went too far!
@Noki oh yea you would lose a lot detail bc its so small
@Noki oh yea you would lose a lot detail bc its so small
@darkclaw i see some cards cost beastclan mana but i don't see any beastclan land cards?? i am confused.
@darkclaw i see some cards cost beastclan mana but i don't see any beastclan land cards?? i am confused.
tumblr_o80fpjUmV01uj5ydro1_100.png53e090906bf1abf526e496f785950d62fc9cfa93.png
@nix4 @noki I love that you guys are so pumped about this, I sure am <3 Dark will be with you in a bit, he's still asleep after a big day of work. I love the idea of drawing up art for the battlestones etc, I'll leave it to Dark's discretion whether he wants to do trades though, he's excited to get cool cards made but I know he doesn't get a lot of profit out of these even in a paid situation. we keep the cards cheap because they run off FR assets, I made up the templates and Dark operates them, so we split the profits, so he really only gets 10k per one he makes. @DraconicDemon Beastclan mana is just neutral mana, so it can be paid with any colour land! A bit confusing I guess, it was just a style choice. @paintminion Awh yay exciting! I'll direct you to @DarkClaw, he'll be making up the cards, but still send any dragons to me! (he's not in earth) Cards are 14 levels each (or 20k via currency) and you can set up one-way CRs whenever you like, I'll confirm them as DarkClaw lets me know your cards are all good and underway. And ty that's super considerate of you! I think we're always looking out for more enchantments, and there are a few elements that are a bit sparse, DarkClaw can help you out there <3 I'll repost your form here for easy access: [quote name="paintminion" date=2016-04-15 11:57:03] @BunnyKei OMG yes! Why did I not see this before? I would dearly love a couple cards - so I better get back in the coli... What I am is very very unsure of what the card should be or say... [i]"I want my card to also be part of the playable deck!"[/i] [b]Title of card:[/b] Magus the Alchemist [b]Main element:[/b] Wind [b]Card type (creature/land/spell):[/b] Creature? Spell? [b]Image (dragon/familiar/anything. Please embed the image not a link):[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16177] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/162/16177_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Card ability type suggestion (Healing/damage/defense/spell/summon/unsure/no suggestion):[/b] Unsure - if you read his Info, Magus is well known for screwing up his spells. [b]Brief note of dragon's personality (not required):[/b] Fierce, and curious. [b]Flavor text (Short quote etc, no more than ~20 words):[/b] "Ginger SNAPS, that was loud!" How much will I owe you for that one and what do you need for the game yet? I would love to do more cards, but I can be flexible to fit your needs! [/quote]
@nix4 @noki I love that you guys are so pumped about this, I sure am <3
Dark will be with you in a bit, he's still asleep after a big day of work.
I love the idea of drawing up art for the battlestones etc, I'll leave it to Dark's discretion whether he wants to do trades though, he's excited to get cool cards made but I know he doesn't get a lot of profit out of these even in a paid situation. we keep the cards cheap because they run off FR assets, I made up the templates and Dark operates them, so we split the profits, so he really only gets 10k per one he makes.

@DraconicDemon Beastclan mana is just neutral mana, so it can be paid with any colour land! A bit confusing I guess, it was just a style choice.

@paintminion
Awh yay exciting! I'll direct you to @DarkClaw, he'll be making up the cards, but still send any dragons to me! (he's not in earth) Cards are 14 levels each (or 20k via currency) and you can set up one-way CRs whenever you like, I'll confirm them as DarkClaw lets me know your cards are all good and underway.
And ty that's super considerate of you! I think we're always looking out for more enchantments, and there are a few elements that are a bit sparse, DarkClaw can help you out there <3
I'll repost your form here for easy access:
paintminion wrote on 2016-04-15:
@BunnyKei

OMG yes! Why did I not see this before? I would dearly love a couple cards - so I better get back in the coli...

What I am is very very unsure of what the card should be or say...

"I want my card to also be part of the playable deck!"

Title of card: Magus the Alchemist

Main element: Wind

Card type (creature/land/spell): Creature? Spell?

Image (dragon/familiar/anything. Please embed the image not a link):

16177_350.png

Card ability type suggestion (Healing/damage/defense/spell/summon/unsure/no suggestion): Unsure - if you read his Info, Magus is well known for screwing up his spells.

Brief note of dragon's personality (not required): Fierce, and curious.

Flavor text (Short quote etc, no more than ~20 words): "Ginger SNAPS, that was loud!"

How much will I owe you for that one and what do you need for the game yet? I would love to do more cards, but I can be flexible to fit your needs!
14c75055bcb9cc67c8a94a46926ff636.gif57b6a078ae70f8cb63a2da784d24b17c.png
@bunnykei now all you need is a programmer so all of us can get together and play over an online program... lol I have nobody around who plays FR :( let alone FR:TG (my personal acronym)

The only reason I suggested trading for the battlestones was because they weren't exactly a custom card in the sense that I was picking the dragon to add to the game, it was more like adding more spells to bulk out options and providing unique art for them. But I totally understand that you're doing labor to make them am I'm definitely content to paying for the stones to be added. I'm definitely going to be buying to get some dragons in there regardless. :)
@bunnykei now all you need is a programmer so all of us can get together and play over an online program... lol I have nobody around who plays FR :( let alone FR:TG (my personal acronym)

The only reason I suggested trading for the battlestones was because they weren't exactly a custom card in the sense that I was picking the dragon to add to the game, it was more like adding more spells to bulk out options and providing unique art for them. But I totally understand that you're doing labor to make them am I'm definitely content to paying for the stones to be added. I'm definitely going to be buying to get some dragons in there regardless. :)
@noki Sweet! That sounds awesome, ty!

Yeah, nix has been mentioning a programming thing, but we can't do it online - the cards use FR assets, so even though we wouldn't be making money off it, it goes against copyright/ethical stuff to use it for a different site.

I think nix is looking into some kind of script that they can personally use that would allow them to play with our card files on their screen locally, but for now Dark and I just have plans to release the cards in both a bio size and a print-friendly size, so people can print out decks and play over skype, just angling the camera down.
@noki Sweet! That sounds awesome, ty!

Yeah, nix has been mentioning a programming thing, but we can't do it online - the cards use FR assets, so even though we wouldn't be making money off it, it goes against copyright/ethical stuff to use it for a different site.

I think nix is looking into some kind of script that they can personally use that would allow them to play with our card files on their screen locally, but for now Dark and I just have plans to release the cards in both a bio size and a print-friendly size, so people can print out decks and play over skype, just angling the camera down.
14c75055bcb9cc67c8a94a46926ff636.gif57b6a078ae70f8cb63a2da784d24b17c.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17