Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | • pudding cats • news page 10
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11
@dualscepters added!

The front page has now been revamped for easier reading and navigation, and the Tea Shop is up!
@dualscepters added!

The front page has now been revamped for easier reading and navigation, and the Tea Shop is up!
mintt.gifmff2.pngvertical.gif
Oh yeah, a note on my wording since I remember this being a subject of discussion regarding flight rising itself a while ago (I'll add this in an FAQ or lore section at some point): I've used "gender" rather than "sex" on purpose.

Being magical beings with bodies made of sugar, Pudding Cats don't have any actual physical differences separating males and females. What they do have, and what somehow affects their unique and enigmatic breeding process, are genders - just like human genders (or, not quite, but close enough). These identities only develop upon reaching maturity (Pudding Cats in the dumpling stage will be of "unknown" gender).

I'm sure there are Pudding Cats with genders other than "male" or "female", and I'm sure all these different identities would have all sorts of interesting effects on breeding results. Maybe at some point in the future I will incorporate this into the adoptables, but for now, for simplicity's sake, I've only represented the two binary genders most people are familiar with.
Oh yeah, a note on my wording since I remember this being a subject of discussion regarding flight rising itself a while ago (I'll add this in an FAQ or lore section at some point): I've used "gender" rather than "sex" on purpose.

Being magical beings with bodies made of sugar, Pudding Cats don't have any actual physical differences separating males and females. What they do have, and what somehow affects their unique and enigmatic breeding process, are genders - just like human genders (or, not quite, but close enough). These identities only develop upon reaching maturity (Pudding Cats in the dumpling stage will be of "unknown" gender).

I'm sure there are Pudding Cats with genders other than "male" or "female", and I'm sure all these different identities would have all sorts of interesting effects on breeding results. Maybe at some point in the future I will incorporate this into the adoptables, but for now, for simplicity's sake, I've only represented the two binary genders most people are familiar with.
@mitunapasta

First off, this is a neat idea you got here friend! Adorable little blobs of sentient pudding served with tea? SIGN ME UP!

Second off, may I be added to the ping list for when this thread opens? I'd love a small army of pudding cats~

@AlexiaSkye
Look at them
Their adorable eyes and mesmerizing bouncing <3
@mitunapasta

First off, this is a neat idea you got here friend! Adorable little blobs of sentient pudding served with tea? SIGN ME UP!

Second off, may I be added to the ping list for when this thread opens? I'd love a small army of pudding cats~

@AlexiaSkye
Look at them
Their adorable eyes and mesmerizing bouncing <3
kiki.png dfitem.pngartshop.pnglemmedressurdragns.pngAesthetics-for-food.png
@REDandYELLOWZ

Okay yeah but look at the tea.

@mitunapaste

If you ever make a green tea tea sprite can you ping me? :3
Also an opening ping on second thought! :)

(Also i was going to ask if you were going to have a mocchi pudding sprite but then i realised you had matcha X3)
@REDandYELLOWZ

Okay yeah but look at the tea.

@mitunapaste

If you ever make a green tea tea sprite can you ping me? :3
Also an opening ping on second thought! :)

(Also i was going to ask if you were going to have a mocchi pudding sprite but then i realised you had matcha X3)
@mitunapasta THESE CATS ARE ADORABLE AND I WANT 302537264593 but no spendtember says i can't c':

can you add me to the pinglist for when you open???
@mitunapasta THESE CATS ARE ADORABLE AND I WANT 302537264593 but no spendtember says i can't c':

can you add me to the pinglist for when you open???
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
@REDandYELLOWZ @AlexiaSkye added!

The "special" teas (non-breeding teas, for changing growth and genetics etc) are most likely going to be green teas. Also btw the tea sprites, though they obviously can't be "adopted" as they're items to be used on the pets, are free to use for anyone who wants to provided they link back to this thread!
@REDandYELLOWZ @AlexiaSkye added!

The "special" teas (non-breeding teas, for changing growth and genetics etc) are most likely going to be green teas. Also btw the tea sprites, though they obviously can't be "adopted" as they're items to be used on the pets, are free to use for anyone who wants to provided they link back to this thread!
@Hollyshark oops added you as well, only just saw your post
@Hollyshark oops added you as well, only just saw your post
More lore while I'm at it, for anyone interested (I have a lot of thoughts about these guys and I'll probs have to create an external link to all this bc it'll be too much info for the front page)

Pudding Cats are essentially magically created spirit-type beings that use food to create corporeal bodies to inhabit. Exactly how or why they were originally created is so far a mystery but they were given the ability to reproduce, with external help (special teas). They are great companions as they don't have a lot of the needs of natural beings (for example the need to eat or sleep - though they do seem to enjoy napping regardless), are highly intelligent, and fill whatever room they are presently inhabiting with a delicious aroma. All they really do need is love and company.

Yes, they are actually physically made of desserts; no, they don't melt, dissolve, become sticky or make a mess (~magic~); yes, you could take a bite out of one if you wanted, but I wouldn't recommend it - although it wouldn't physically hurt your Pudding Cat and would eventually grow back, the poor thing would probably be intensely annoyed at you unless you had a very good reason for it, and damaging your Pudding Cat's bond of trust is a great way to get relentlessly pranked and sabotaged until it decides to forgive you.

Pudding Cats are functionally immortal and essentially grow at the rate you want them to (although extremes such as reaching adulthood immediately after birth or reversing the growth process require special teas to help them along). They share a bond with their chosen human companion that shapes their behaviour according to the human's needs to an extent: someone looking for a mostly independent pet would most likely get one, as would someone looking for a constant source of company or a therapy animal.

The only way to break this bond once adopting a Pudding Cat (or rather once it adopts you) is if its body is entirely destroyed, or if you either betray/mistreat it enough or come to a mutual agreement that you are no longer benefiting each other, which will prompt it to destroy itself. In either case it will not die per se but seek out a new body, and then a new companion. In many instances it is believed the new body will be formed as part of a new litter, meaning some apparently newborn dumplings may in fact be reincarnations of older pets, but often the wandering spirit will simply find a regular dessert lying around somewhere and use it to create a new form.
More lore while I'm at it, for anyone interested (I have a lot of thoughts about these guys and I'll probs have to create an external link to all this bc it'll be too much info for the front page)

Pudding Cats are essentially magically created spirit-type beings that use food to create corporeal bodies to inhabit. Exactly how or why they were originally created is so far a mystery but they were given the ability to reproduce, with external help (special teas). They are great companions as they don't have a lot of the needs of natural beings (for example the need to eat or sleep - though they do seem to enjoy napping regardless), are highly intelligent, and fill whatever room they are presently inhabiting with a delicious aroma. All they really do need is love and company.

Yes, they are actually physically made of desserts; no, they don't melt, dissolve, become sticky or make a mess (~magic~); yes, you could take a bite out of one if you wanted, but I wouldn't recommend it - although it wouldn't physically hurt your Pudding Cat and would eventually grow back, the poor thing would probably be intensely annoyed at you unless you had a very good reason for it, and damaging your Pudding Cat's bond of trust is a great way to get relentlessly pranked and sabotaged until it decides to forgive you.

Pudding Cats are functionally immortal and essentially grow at the rate you want them to (although extremes such as reaching adulthood immediately after birth or reversing the growth process require special teas to help them along). They share a bond with their chosen human companion that shapes their behaviour according to the human's needs to an extent: someone looking for a mostly independent pet would most likely get one, as would someone looking for a constant source of company or a therapy animal.

The only way to break this bond once adopting a Pudding Cat (or rather once it adopts you) is if its body is entirely destroyed, or if you either betray/mistreat it enough or come to a mutual agreement that you are no longer benefiting each other, which will prompt it to destroy itself. In either case it will not die per se but seek out a new body, and then a new companion. In many instances it is believed the new body will be formed as part of a new litter, meaning some apparently newborn dumplings may in fact be reincarnations of older pets, but often the wandering spirit will simply find a regular dessert lying around somewhere and use it to create a new form.
@mitunapasta
i'd loooooove to be added to the opening pinglist! these are too cute. ♥
@mitunapasta
i'd loooooove to be added to the opening pinglist! these are too cute. ♥
Tarnished Cerdae Necklace she/they
fr+1
@mitunapasta

Can you please ping me when your open for business? Thanks! :)
@mitunapasta

Can you please ping me when your open for business? Thanks! :)
SYJDX48.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11