Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gender Change Scroll?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30
Support! I follow with the reasons that people've stated on here.
Support! I follow with the reasons that people've stated on here.
x x my name is afri!
they/she FRT+0 ENG/JP
» about me » toyhouse
» commission directory
x x x art by Dovalore #82790. image links to character's toyhouse profile!
I support this wholeheartedly.

The "It removes the challenge that comes with finding a good breeding pair" argument is... completely pointless. If a gender change scroll was released, nobody will FORCE people to use it. If you don't use it, the challenge in finding the perfect dragon stays, and the people who want to change a dragon's gender - be it for breeding, role play, visuals, etc - are free to do so (at the expected high cost of gems/treasure). Thinking otherwise is pretty self-centered, because it forces others to comply to rules that you prefer and ignores legitimate complaints and suggestions.
I support this wholeheartedly.

The "It removes the challenge that comes with finding a good breeding pair" argument is... completely pointless. If a gender change scroll was released, nobody will FORCE people to use it. If you don't use it, the challenge in finding the perfect dragon stays, and the people who want to change a dragon's gender - be it for breeding, role play, visuals, etc - are free to do so (at the expected high cost of gems/treasure). Thinking otherwise is pretty self-centered, because it forces others to comply to rules that you prefer and ignores legitimate complaints and suggestions.
wLNPkA3.png
Support!
Support!
6lt4f12.png
I don't support this, for the same reason I don't support single color scatter scrolls: it removes what little difficulty there is in the game.

Then again, there is really no winning in flight rising, so if someone wants to throw money at the devs for their insta-dream dragon, why not.

180 degree opinion change in less than 2.1 seconds
I don't support this, for the same reason I don't support single color scatter scrolls: it removes what little difficulty there is in the game.

Then again, there is really no winning in flight rising, so if someone wants to throw money at the devs for their insta-dream dragon, why not.

180 degree opinion change in less than 2.1 seconds
Support.

Don't support the limit on only hatchlings though. If there's a problem with the parents showing up as male/male or female/female with coding then I would understand, but otherwise it makes no sense to make it only for hatchlings or dragons who haven't bred yet.

I support the idea to make it a single-use-per-dragon item, and any other limits that could be thought up to make it happen.

I don't see how people think that it's easy to breed dragons, seeing as the cooldown for all of the dragons are over two weeks, sometimes even a month... .-. There is plenty amount of challenge in this game as is, and a sex-change scroll, I feel, wouldn't make much affect on the gaming.
Support.

Don't support the limit on only hatchlings though. If there's a problem with the parents showing up as male/male or female/female with coding then I would understand, but otherwise it makes no sense to make it only for hatchlings or dragons who haven't bred yet.

I support the idea to make it a single-use-per-dragon item, and any other limits that could be thought up to make it happen.

I don't see how people think that it's easy to breed dragons, seeing as the cooldown for all of the dragons are over two weeks, sometimes even a month... .-. There is plenty amount of challenge in this game as is, and a sex-change scroll, I feel, wouldn't make much affect on the gaming.
AScq6qj.png
Animation + More!!! Art Sales
Wishlist || SnowyBlink Adopt Shop
Blep Bean Adopt Shop || Lore-Building Challenge!
Official Ice Subspecies Organizer!
It's AlyxSandre, not Alyxandre!
Complete support!
Complete support!
Renard(e) || Pronouns; iel or they
Host of the Fireworks Median system
FR Time +3 || French and English speaker || 25+
- Current hyperfixation : Saint Seiya -
(Autistic, so I'm super sorry if I say weird things at times!)
No support for various reasons - primarily because I like having dragons that have static qualities. It adds a bit of challenge to the game.

However I would support a cosmetic item or scroll that simply changes the art to the opposite sex version. To prevent abuse, the dragon could be account bound after the application of the scroll, and then there could be a much cheaper 'remove sex change' scroll if you wanted to get rid of/sell that dragon later.

There are some dragons that I have that need to be a specific sex, but are a breed where I vastly prefer the art for one sex over the other... so something like that would be kind of nice.
No support for various reasons - primarily because I like having dragons that have static qualities. It adds a bit of challenge to the game.

However I would support a cosmetic item or scroll that simply changes the art to the opposite sex version. To prevent abuse, the dragon could be account bound after the application of the scroll, and then there could be a much cheaper 'remove sex change' scroll if you wanted to get rid of/sell that dragon later.

There are some dragons that I have that need to be a specific sex, but are a breed where I vastly prefer the art for one sex over the other... so something like that would be kind of nice.
I would simply LOVE this!!! I have a gorgeous Imperial with bright pink wings but it's male. I would love to change him to female. So many sites have gender changers. It would be great if FR did too!
I would simply LOVE this!!! I have a gorgeous Imperial with bright pink wings but it's male. I would love to change him to female. So many sites have gender changers. It would be great if FR did too!
** Okay, after much RNG frustration, I support this...

If, and only if, you use the gender change scroll on UNBRED dragons. That way, you don't have to worry about showing the offspring's parents and that coding.

My frustration: I have a WC with an ice/teal primary and secondary and a Coatl with an ice/Caribbean primary and secondary. Since I have started in October, I have yet to get a female with Caribbean. Today, I hatched their four-egg nest and the only girl had teal. RNG can be a cruel mistress. And now I've decided that, instead of breeding them the second their long cool down is over, I'm just going to wait until their nest can hatch on March 8th, next year, to try and get my dream dragon (that represents me so now I'm determined that it's going to share my birthday). But I had been breeding them and, statistically, I should have easily gotten my goal by now.

The scrolls, if implemented, should be very hard to obtain. And I think it'd be great if they were put into NOTN chests. Nocturnes have the art of imitation, so wouldn't a gender change fit into that? And they can be as crazy rare as the Noc scrolls. That way, it's not 'game breaking.'

As for me, I'm holding onto one of the Caribbean boys in case this comes out ;.; Nah, I'll sell him. I have no lair space for random dergs D:
** Okay, after much RNG frustration, I support this...

If, and only if, you use the gender change scroll on UNBRED dragons. That way, you don't have to worry about showing the offspring's parents and that coding.

My frustration: I have a WC with an ice/teal primary and secondary and a Coatl with an ice/Caribbean primary and secondary. Since I have started in October, I have yet to get a female with Caribbean. Today, I hatched their four-egg nest and the only girl had teal. RNG can be a cruel mistress. And now I've decided that, instead of breeding them the second their long cool down is over, I'm just going to wait until their nest can hatch on March 8th, next year, to try and get my dream dragon (that represents me so now I'm determined that it's going to share my birthday). But I had been breeding them and, statistically, I should have easily gotten my goal by now.

The scrolls, if implemented, should be very hard to obtain. And I think it'd be great if they were put into NOTN chests. Nocturnes have the art of imitation, so wouldn't a gender change fit into that? And they can be as crazy rare as the Noc scrolls. That way, it's not 'game breaking.'

As for me, I'm holding onto one of the Caribbean boys in case this comes out ;.; Nah, I'll sell him. I have no lair space for random dergs D:
EYhnjwN.png
Complete support from me.
Complete support from me.
OuDych9.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30