Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gender Change Scroll?
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 29 30
[quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date=2017-06-09 06:57:34] I support this if there are some limitations put in place 1: A dragon that has been bred can't be changed to the opposite sex, so whatever code is there for that just stays the same no need to make changes to it. 2: Only dragons that have no offspring can be sex changed, once the dragon has been bred you can't do it again. Basically going along with point 1 and voiding the whole "sex changing dragons on a whim to mass produce hatchlings" point, though i doubt that would be even possible since breeding cool downs are still a thing and as far as i know there is no way to make dragons RTB just like that. Unless the scroll of maturity does so but i don't think it does? As for the "it makes things too easy" thing...yeah....FR doesn't have a difficulty level, there is no "hardcore mode" to fR or whatever, the game is only as difficult as you personaly make it. and as someone mentioned if they were to introduce something like that you wouldn't have to use it, you can continue playing on without any concern in the world. Yes, it can be fun breeding for that perfect dragon you want, but at some point of many fails fun becomes just plain frustration, some people opt for buying the perfect dragon on the auction house but that sadly isn't always an option. And to basically tell people to play the game exactly the same way you do, sounds rather selfish to me [/quote] ^ Yes. My support, you have all of it! I couldn't have worded it more perfectly. I support this because I have breeding projects that require nest rentals, and not only have all of my recent hatchlings been perfect *except* for gender, it feels burdensome to repeatedly send the same pair to the same breeder and hope they don't hate me for having specific hatchling desires. Were it a pair that stayed in my own lair, perhaps I could tough it out, but a one-time change per desired hatchling would be easier (of course).
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2017-06-09:
I support this if there are some limitations put in place

1: A dragon that has been bred can't be changed to the opposite sex, so whatever code is there for that just stays the same no need to make changes to it.
2: Only dragons that have no offspring can be sex changed, once the dragon has been bred you can't do it again. Basically going along with point 1 and voiding the whole "sex changing dragons on a whim to mass produce hatchlings" point, though i doubt that would be even possible since breeding cool downs are still a thing and as far as i know there is no way to make dragons RTB just like that. Unless the scroll of maturity does so but i don't think it does?

As for the "it makes things too easy" thing...yeah....FR doesn't have a difficulty level, there is no "hardcore mode" to fR or whatever, the game is only as difficult as you personaly make it. and as someone mentioned if they were to introduce something like that you wouldn't have to use it, you can continue playing on without any concern in the world.

Yes, it can be fun breeding for that perfect dragon you want, but at some point of many fails fun becomes just plain frustration, some people opt for buying the perfect dragon on the auction house but that sadly isn't always an option.

And to basically tell people to play the game exactly the same way you do, sounds rather selfish to me

^ Yes. My support, you have all of it! I couldn't have worded it more perfectly.

I support this because I have breeding projects that require nest rentals, and not only have all of my recent hatchlings been perfect *except* for gender, it feels burdensome to repeatedly send the same pair to the same breeder and hope they don't hate me for having specific hatchling desires.

Were it a pair that stayed in my own lair, perhaps I could tough it out, but a one-time change per desired hatchling would be easier (of course).
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥

Sarah
Wife, Mama and Christian
+ 3 hrs FR Time

Seeking 10/22 Fem Dragon!
Yes, please haha, I would love this
Yes, please haha, I would love this
I'd like to vote for this as well, I just bought some beautifully colored dragons and realized they're all male!
I thought this would have been implemented by now....
I'd like to vote for this as well, I just bought some beautifully colored dragons and realized they're all male!
The only way I would support this is if a) as previously posted they are unbred and be they will be no longer capable of breeding
The only way I would support this is if a) as previously posted they are unbred and be they will be no longer capable of breeding
1L5TGl1.pngjn0pAcU.pngNVgCjtR.pngghAVYGe.pngx3J6SUS.png
[quote name="Cypeo" date=2017-08-14 11:32:10] I'd like to vote for this as well, I just bought some beautifully colored dragons and realized they're all male! I thought this would have been implemented by now.... [/quote] This is not a question of time. It is a question on if this is needed, possible and good for the site. Its not needed, probably one of the harder things to implement and depending on the restrictions (or the absense of them) poses the threat of harming the breeding feature of the site.
Cypeo wrote on 2017-08-14:

This is not a question of time. It is a question on if this is needed, possible and good for the site.

Its not needed, probably one of the harder things to implement and depending on the restrictions (or the absense of them) poses the threat of harming the breeding feature of the site.
I'm not certain how it would work with coding and with offspring lists (the parents part, really), but if they could work it out I'd be in full support! It would also be great for lore purposes in terms of trans and nonbinary dragons.
I'm not certain how it would work with coding and with offspring lists (the parents part, really), but if they could work it out I'd be in full support! It would also be great for lore purposes in terms of trans and nonbinary dragons.
Untitled443_20221209154031.png
No support even if the devs had said multiple times it will never happen. Not with limitations, just no. I'd support pose change scrolls that didn't change the actual gender for breeding purposes.
No support even if the devs had said multiple times it will never happen. Not with limitations, just no. I'd support pose change scrolls that didn't change the actual gender for breeding purposes.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
Fully support a pose change scroll. No support for this suggestion for reasons stated above.
Fully support a pose change scroll. No support for this suggestion for reasons stated above.
Full support, but I think the change should come at a high price equivalent to the higher tier gene change scrolls or scrolls of eternal youth. I think this change can be implemented to no effect on lineages, offspring lists, and breeding capacities.

I know we are not supposed to be political on these forms, but there is some important social and political relevance in such an option.

I especially support this change because it would frankly be very LGBT(+) positive and affirming of our representation. The current inability to change the sex of the dragon, and the fact that a dragon's parents must be male and female, basically complies with the cis-heteronormative ideals that are still held in large parts of the world.

Fact of the matter is that (well, at least in the US) we are living in a changing social and political climate. We now accept and must continue to respect same-gender parents and couples, as well as gender identies and gender transitions of all their forms.

I know representation and affirmation of LGBT lives in a virtual dragon game is a strange way to go about things, but a lot of people who play here identify as LGBT. I myself do, and it would be nice to have my life and cultural choices represented in this game.

This also accompanies the perks of always wanting a dragon's sex changed just for the desired appaearance of the dragon in the first place :)
Full support, but I think the change should come at a high price equivalent to the higher tier gene change scrolls or scrolls of eternal youth. I think this change can be implemented to no effect on lineages, offspring lists, and breeding capacities.

I know we are not supposed to be political on these forms, but there is some important social and political relevance in such an option.

I especially support this change because it would frankly be very LGBT(+) positive and affirming of our representation. The current inability to change the sex of the dragon, and the fact that a dragon's parents must be male and female, basically complies with the cis-heteronormative ideals that are still held in large parts of the world.

Fact of the matter is that (well, at least in the US) we are living in a changing social and political climate. We now accept and must continue to respect same-gender parents and couples, as well as gender identies and gender transitions of all their forms.

I know representation and affirmation of LGBT lives in a virtual dragon game is a strange way to go about things, but a lot of people who play here identify as LGBT. I myself do, and it would be nice to have my life and cultural choices represented in this game.

This also accompanies the perks of always wanting a dragon's sex changed just for the desired appaearance of the dragon in the first place :)
YAzXKmc.gif
No support. The fact that there's no gender-change scrolls make a breeding project all the more challenging. I would, however, like a pose-change scroll, as this would be an interesting addition to a dragon, especially dragons with lore stating they're transgender.
No support. The fact that there's no gender-change scrolls make a breeding project all the more challenging. I would, however, like a pose-change scroll, as this would be an interesting addition to a dragon, especially dragons with lore stating they're transgender.
he/theyautistic

(i'll edit my signature soon, i promise.)
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 29 30