Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tertiary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 148 149 150 151 152 ... 276 277
[quote name="Whitefeather" date="2018-05-13 17:04:21" ] [quote name="MistFury0" date="2018-01-29 18:14:39" ] [quote name="Inuka" date=2017-09-11 04:48:40] [quote name="CrazyLaceAgate" date=2017-09-09 19:59:42] A gene that would cover a dragon's nails and create a type of "eyeliner" marking. It would work well with those terts that clash with the other colors on the dragon. [/quote] This sounds like a nice idea! [quote name="0MidnightHeart" date=2017-08-23 17:03:25] [quote name="Rinks" date=2017-08-21 21:20:03] The glow I posted before was bothering me a bit so I revised it: [img]https://s27.postimg.org/bzzoap9j7/Glowpreview.png[/img] Also I think it's fine to have a lot of belly terts because it’s usually the blandest part of primary genes, so there’s nothing wrong with having a lot of tert options that make use of that space! [/quote] @/Rinks I love the idea of the glowing gene but with it only being an underbelly it wouldn't interest me as a practical gene. I want a gen that coul easily fit all types of lore and dragon breeds. An in honesty I think that glowing is great but it shouldn't be kept to the underbelly. Because of this I did an edit of your version of the gene which I must say you did an amazing job on it and it was very hard to replicate but I made the wing tips glow as well. Then I did one the same way on a fae male in your underbelly style and with the wing tip edit to show a difference. I will likely be editing more dragons with previews of this gene idea. So I would also like permission to replicate and Credit (signigantly credit) you for this wonderful idea. Here are the new previews They are all meant to be Cerulean glow tertiary on all breeds [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KyT6bob.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/d80jKTB.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GbEHz83.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8busFuI.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uLaLWII.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Zdh1j34.jpg[/IMG] I Have gotten lots of backlash towards it being a belly gene and most opinions on another underbelly are not really wanted. So please view the revisions I've made for all Dragon breeds here in suggestions forum it is called glowing gene tertiary or something alike or cheap my recent forum activity [/quote] Well, after the capsule announcement I'm kinda fed up with belly genes tbh but I would make an exception for this because it looks really nice and (the edited version) doesn't only cover the belly but also gives the wings a nice accent. [/quote] I would love a shiner dragon but I’m not on the site often enough to afford to feed my dragons at all [/quote] I am also a sucker and support this gene <3. [/quote] [size=5]THIS is what we should've got instead of firefly!!!![/size] i'm just absolutely APPALLED at flight rising, i can't believe how LAZY and UGLY a gene firefly is, when things like this are RIGHT HERE!! READY TO GO!! i did a double take thinking it was april fool's. who the hell okayed firefly but continues to ignore the PLENTIFUL, THINGS OF ACTUAL ARTISTIC QUALITY suggestions in this thread????
Whitefeather wrote on 2018-05-13 17:04:21:
MistFury0 wrote on 2018-01-29 18:14:39:
Inuka wrote on 2017-09-11:
CrazyLaceAgate wrote on 2017-09-09:
A gene that would cover a dragon's nails and create a type of "eyeliner" marking. It would work well with those terts that clash with the other colors on the dragon.
This sounds like a nice idea!
0MidnightHeart wrote on 2017-08-23:
Rinks wrote on 2017-08-21:
The glow I posted before was bothering me a bit so I revised it:

Glowpreview.png

Also I think it's fine to have a lot of belly terts because it’s usually the blandest part of primary genes, so there’s nothing wrong with having a lot of tert options that make use of that space!

@/Rinks

I love the idea of the glowing gene but with it only being an underbelly it wouldn't interest me as a practical gene. I want a gen that coul easily fit all types of lore and dragon breeds. An in honesty I think that glowing is great but it shouldn't be kept to the underbelly. Because of this I did an edit of your version of the gene which I must say you did an amazing job on it and it was very hard to replicate but I made the wing tips glow as well. Then I did one the same way on a fae male in your underbelly style and with the wing tip edit to show a difference. I will likely be editing more dragons with previews of this gene idea. So I would also like permission to replicate and Credit (signigantly credit) you for this wonderful idea.

Here are the new previews
They are all meant to be Cerulean glow tertiary on all breeds
KyT6bob.jpg
d80jKTB.jpg
GbEHz83.jpg
8busFuI.jpg
uLaLWII.jpg
Zdh1j34.jpg

I Have gotten lots of backlash towards it being a belly gene and most opinions on another underbelly are not really wanted. So please view the revisions I've made for all Dragon breeds here in suggestions forum it is called glowing gene tertiary or something alike or cheap my recent forum activity
Well, after the capsule announcement I'm kinda fed up with belly genes tbh but I would make an exception for this because it looks really nice and (the edited version) doesn't only cover the belly but also gives the wings a nice accent.
I would love a shiner dragon but I’m not on the site often enough to afford to feed my dragons at all
I am also a sucker and support this gene <3.

THIS is what we should've got instead of firefly!!!!

i'm just absolutely APPALLED at flight rising, i can't believe how LAZY and UGLY a gene firefly is, when things like this are RIGHT HERE!! READY TO GO!!

i did a double take thinking it was april fool's. who the hell okayed firefly but continues to ignore the PLENTIFUL, THINGS OF ACTUAL ARTISTIC QUALITY suggestions in this thread????
5.png
STAFF needs to FIX MULTI-GAZE
comment if you can.
let staff know exactly how abhorrently unprofessional this kind of quality is.

yUJyALg.png
@Ghostslugs

Pretty much. No idea why FR even has a suggestion forum. Since 2013 not 1 suggestion has been implemented. Just look at some of these awesome genes suggested 5 years ago and we get...dots with wings.
@Ghostslugs

Pretty much. No idea why FR even has a suggestion forum. Since 2013 not 1 suggestion has been implemented. Just look at some of these awesome genes suggested 5 years ago and we get...dots with wings.
x8xEApE.png
@Severance yes, exactly!! the only recognition ANY gene suggestions get is when they're posted to the main forum....... and then locked for not being here in the subforum.

which i now see is just so staff can more easily continue to ignore them, and instead just become apathetic to the quality of content they release, choosing the easiest ways out with minimal effort, because who cares, right?? flight rising is popular enough that there'll always been a fat paycheck at the end of the month for them. and there will ALWAYS be users there to defend their work.
@Severance yes, exactly!! the only recognition ANY gene suggestions get is when they're posted to the main forum....... and then locked for not being here in the subforum.

which i now see is just so staff can more easily continue to ignore them, and instead just become apathetic to the quality of content they release, choosing the easiest ways out with minimal effort, because who cares, right?? flight rising is popular enough that there'll always been a fat paycheck at the end of the month for them. and there will ALWAYS be users there to defend their work.
5.png
STAFF needs to FIX MULTI-GAZE
comment if you can.
let staff know exactly how abhorrently unprofessional this kind of quality is.

yUJyALg.png
@Severance

Actually a few suggested genes have been officially made. Usually they look fairly different, I'm pretty sure runes and opal were suggestions but they were quite a bit different from the end result. Sometimes they can look pretty close to the original suggestion, such a skink and stain. (There are probably more that the 4 I mentioned) However, when the genes are released they make no mention that they were based off a suggestion or the person who suggested it.

So I think it's not necessarily that they don't ever use suggestions, it's that they use so few and don't tell anyone the origin. It's no surprise nobody knows that they were orignally suggestions.

I do hope that there is enough feedback from this to not make genes like firefly after this.
@Severance

Actually a few suggested genes have been officially made. Usually they look fairly different, I'm pretty sure runes and opal were suggestions but they were quite a bit different from the end result. Sometimes they can look pretty close to the original suggestion, such a skink and stain. (There are probably more that the 4 I mentioned) However, when the genes are released they make no mention that they were based off a suggestion or the person who suggested it.

So I think it's not necessarily that they don't ever use suggestions, it's that they use so few and don't tell anyone the origin. It's no surprise nobody knows that they were orignally suggestions.

I do hope that there is enough feedback from this to not make genes like firefly after this.
Hi, I also have an idea for a bio-luminescent gene: [b] http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2443699[/b] Check this forum for support. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/395124397695959042/449705011086229514/skydancer_f_dragon.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/395124397695959042/449705035014864906/skin_bogsneak_f_dragon.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/395124397695959042/449705050235731979/skin_pearlcatcher_m_dragon.png[/img] It's very very light colour biased, but the idea would be: [LIST] [*] 1. Patches on the flank, the base of the tail, and shoulders or neck, smaller patches on the wing-tips if necessary for design balancing [*] 2. If there's an underbelly on the dragon, the lower part where the under-tail is would be coloured, like a firefly - if not, the lack of colour could be compensated in other areas [*] 3. Highlight on the breed traits (Imperial and Pearlcatcher whiskers, Bogsneak pads, Guardian horns, Coatl... circle horn things, Tundra horns, etc) [*] 4. A gentle aura over all Tertiary coloured patches as well as any accessory frills, fur, or feathers (elbow fur, etc) [*] 5. Particles over the auras [/LIST] It sounds complicated like that but it's what I did for the rough pictures above. I believe that it would look nice with current Primary and Secondary genes and not blot out any notable designs nor be too overpowering. While colour might be a little difficult (as well as figuring out how I'd highlight a Nocturne Female tail,) this would be a good idea.
Hi, I also have an idea for a bio-luminescent gene:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2443699
Check this forum for support.

skydancer_f_dragon.png
skin_bogsneak_f_dragon.png
skin_pearlcatcher_m_dragon.png

It's very very light colour biased, but the idea would be:
  • 1. Patches on the flank, the base of the tail, and shoulders or neck, smaller patches on the wing-tips if necessary for design balancing
  • 2. If there's an underbelly on the dragon, the lower part where the under-tail is would be coloured, like a firefly - if not, the lack of colour could be compensated in other areas
  • 3. Highlight on the breed traits (Imperial and Pearlcatcher whiskers, Bogsneak pads, Guardian horns, Coatl... circle horn things, Tundra horns, etc)
  • 4. A gentle aura over all Tertiary coloured patches as well as any accessory frills, fur, or feathers (elbow fur, etc)
  • 5. Particles over the auras

It sounds complicated like that but it's what I did for the rough pictures above.

I believe that it would look nice with current Primary and Secondary genes and not blot out any notable designs nor be too overpowering. While colour might be a little difficult (as well as figuring out how I'd highlight a Nocturne Female tail,) this would be a good idea.
pixel_butterfly_by_suzukimikan-d5esnb3.gifpixel_gold_butterfly_by_suzukimikan-d5eug9v.pngpixel_butterfly_by_suzukimikan-d5esnb3.gif
@Lalisa
Could all the dragon footpads have a glow? For the PC, the pearl should have a glow on it, which is the reflection of the footpad glowing.
@Lalisa
Could all the dragon footpads have a glow? For the PC, the pearl should have a glow on it, which is the reflection of the footpad glowing.
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
@Lalisa It´s an ok gene but the skydancer and the bogsneak both have more green on their tail than the pearlie.. how would that play out let say on a female pearlie? Would love for all dragons breed to have the same highlights near the tail so not some got passed by.. I feel that the paerlie male is less glowing than the two others. Also the skydancer´s tail tuffs is missing the glow the pearlie has etc. If this is to be a gene it has to be consistent :D
@Lalisa It´s an ok gene but the skydancer and the bogsneak both have more green on their tail than the pearlie.. how would that play out let say on a female pearlie? Would love for all dragons breed to have the same highlights near the tail so not some got passed by.. I feel that the paerlie male is less glowing than the two others. Also the skydancer´s tail tuffs is missing the glow the pearlie has etc. If this is to be a gene it has to be consistent :D
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
add bio luminescent mushrooms or dots
add bio luminescent mushrooms or dots
@Xeyla
I highlighted the foodpads because they appear to be unique to Bogsneaks and I wanted to highlight visible traits of the dragons. If Pearlcatchers had footpads, the glow probably wouldn't be visible because the light wouldn't get through the ground or the pearl...

@Taarnfalk You're probably right there's less glow on them. Pearlcatchers don't have an under-tail (It doesn't have one on Underbelly either, even though all the other dragons do). I tried compensating for the lack of under-tail glow with the glow elsewhere like on the tail tuft, and I thought more glow on the Skydancer would start to get overpowering or make it unbalanced compared to the rest.
@Xeyla
I highlighted the foodpads because they appear to be unique to Bogsneaks and I wanted to highlight visible traits of the dragons. If Pearlcatchers had footpads, the glow probably wouldn't be visible because the light wouldn't get through the ground or the pearl...

@Taarnfalk You're probably right there's less glow on them. Pearlcatchers don't have an under-tail (It doesn't have one on Underbelly either, even though all the other dragons do). I tried compensating for the lack of under-tail glow with the glow elsewhere like on the tail tuft, and I thought more glow on the Skydancer would start to get overpowering or make it unbalanced compared to the rest.
pixel_butterfly_by_suzukimikan-d5esnb3.gifpixel_gold_butterfly_by_suzukimikan-d5eug9v.pngpixel_butterfly_by_suzukimikan-d5esnb3.gif
[quote name="Ikunoche" date="2013-12-17 04:23:43" ] How about a tertiary gene that sprouts puffs of cloud out of the drake? Like with Windsinger. They could be a bit transparent, tinted with the tertiary color? [img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/179/6/d/fr___windsinger_by_neondragon-d3k9ggz.png[/img] [/quote] If we are getting tertiarys that go outside the lineart can we get some in really good detail to represent each flight like clouds the tertiary color or other flight traits as terts if not apparel even
Ikunoche wrote on 2013-12-17 04:23:43:
How about a tertiary gene that sprouts puffs of cloud out of the drake? Like with Windsinger.
They could be a bit transparent, tinted with the tertiary color?

fr___windsinger_by_neondragon-d3k9ggz.png

If we are getting tertiarys that go outside the lineart can we get some in really good detail to represent each flight like clouds the tertiary color or other flight traits as terts if not apparel even
4xTBSTZ.png
1 2 ... 148 149 150 151 152 ... 276 277