Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Heal on Coliseum Victory screen?
1 2
Tried searching previous suggestions but I didn't find anything recent about this -- would it be possible to use the Victory screen to heal your dragons with any potions you might happen to have in your inventory? Not really a big deal and I get it if this just isn't how the Coliseum is meant to function/would make it too easy (I'm new, so still figuring things out!) but I always cringe after narrowly winning a battle and heading into the next one, knowing that I'll probably be wiped out before I can even use my potions on all my dragons. Would be super convenient if I could get the victory, heal up for the next one, and then breathe a sigh of relief when I finally hit "Fight On!" since the screen is kind of a break anyways :)
Tried searching previous suggestions but I didn't find anything recent about this -- would it be possible to use the Victory screen to heal your dragons with any potions you might happen to have in your inventory? Not really a big deal and I get it if this just isn't how the Coliseum is meant to function/would make it too easy (I'm new, so still figuring things out!) but I always cringe after narrowly winning a battle and heading into the next one, knowing that I'll probably be wiped out before I can even use my potions on all my dragons. Would be super convenient if I could get the victory, heal up for the next one, and then breathe a sigh of relief when I finally hit "Fight On!" since the screen is kind of a break anyways :)
I think this could get a bit game-breaking, tbh - although I get where you're coming from. It sucks when I've just got through a couple of battles and might squeak through one more, and then a mob of four enemies or a boss monster shows up and I know my team's going to get cheesed. But there are ways to spec your teams to make them more durable in battle, and there's at least one guide on this site for how best to spec your different team/dragon types, if you'd be interested in that as a tactic.
I think this could get a bit game-breaking, tbh - although I get where you're coming from. It sucks when I've just got through a couple of battles and might squeak through one more, and then a mob of four enemies or a boss monster shows up and I know my team's going to get cheesed. But there are ways to spec your teams to make them more durable in battle, and there's at least one guide on this site for how best to spec your different team/dragon types, if you'd be interested in that as a tactic.
While I think this would be a bit too game breaking because of reasons mentioned, I think adding healing to the captcha pool or as an option instead of the stat boost would be better. It isn't often enough to break things and they can balance it by limiting the amount recovered.
While I think this would be a bit too game breaking because of reasons mentioned, I think adding healing to the captcha pool or as an option instead of the stat boost would be better. It isn't often enough to break things and they can balance it by limiting the amount recovered.
I think this would end up too overpowered. I've got enough health potions I could bring three near death dragons back to full health whenever I wanted, because I rarely bother with them while battling -I don't want to waste a turn. Which is the balancing drawback we have now to using a healing item. That's not an issue at the victory screen so you could just fill their tanks with no penalty and keep going indefinitely.

I do think it would be nice if the horrible anti-botting camping screen gave you a health boost when you complete it along with the other largely worthless stat boosts because then you'd get something useful out of it.
I think this would end up too overpowered. I've got enough health potions I could bring three near death dragons back to full health whenever I wanted, because I rarely bother with them while battling -I don't want to waste a turn. Which is the balancing drawback we have now to using a healing item. That's not an issue at the victory screen so you could just fill their tanks with no penalty and keep going indefinitely.

I do think it would be nice if the horrible anti-botting camping screen gave you a health boost when you complete it along with the other largely worthless stat boosts because then you'd get something useful out of it.
[quote name="wittykitsune" date="2019-10-14 14:29:37" ] [...]I think adding healing to the captcha pool or as an option instead of the stat boost would be better. It isn't often enough to break things and they can balance it by limiting the amount recovered. [/quote] This, I could get behind. The captcha isn't all that frequent, and the chances of any one specific type of reward are relatively low, so you'd be very unlikely to get healing multiple times in quick succession.
wittykitsune wrote on 2019-10-14 14:29:37:
[...]I think adding healing to the captcha pool or as an option instead of the stat boost would be better. It isn't often enough to break things and they can balance it by limiting the amount recovered.

This, I could get behind. The captcha isn't all that frequent, and the chances of any one specific type of reward are relatively low, so you'd be very unlikely to get healing multiple times in quick succession.
I think i like the Capcha idea. A choice between light healing, or the random stat boost.

I would worry it breaks the game, but that also depends on how you play. I would rather quit and start anew when my health gets low, then use a potion. So the option to heal between battles, would mean I would actually use potions.
I think i like the Capcha idea. A choice between light healing, or the random stat boost.

I would worry it breaks the game, but that also depends on how you play. I would rather quit and start anew when my health gets low, then use a potion. So the option to heal between battles, would mean I would actually use potions.
Oooh, yes, I love that Captcha suggestion! That would definitely be better, I think. Thanks for the feedback, all, and for the general kindness in responding here! :)
Oooh, yes, I love that Captcha suggestion! That would definitely be better, I think. Thanks for the feedback, all, and for the general kindness in responding here! :)
[quote name="MidnightWatcher" date="2019-10-14 15:19:19" ] I would rather quit and start anew when my health gets low, then use a potion. So the option to heal between battles, would mean I would actually use potions. [/quote] Same, atm whenever my team are too injured I just go out of the Coli and back in again, because using a turn on a weak health potion leaves me worse off than using an attack and risking a knockout. I might actually start making a dent in the hoard of health potions I've gathered over the years if we could use them in the captcha window.
MidnightWatcher wrote on 2019-10-14 15:19:19:
I would rather quit and start anew when my health gets low, then use a potion. So the option to heal between battles, would mean I would actually use potions.

Same, atm whenever my team are too injured I just go out of the Coli and back in again, because using a turn on a weak health potion leaves me worse off than using an attack and risking a knockout. I might actually start making a dent in the hoard of health potions I've gathered over the years if we could use them in the captcha window.
I think it would be fair to allow us to heal at camp or in-between battles, since we'd be using consumables out of our own item stock.

I mean, we can already just reload the page to flee without penalty and start over with full HP.
I think it would be fair to allow us to heal at camp or in-between battles, since we'd be using consumables out of our own item stock.

I mean, we can already just reload the page to flee without penalty and start over with full HP.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I think as long as you can only use one potion per dragon on the victory screen, it would be fine, and serve to add extra value to the larger healing potions.
I think as long as you can only use one potion per dragon on the victory screen, it would be fine, and serve to add extra value to the larger healing potions.
2nld4k6.jpg
please ping me to get my attention!
1 2