Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | increasing eye type chance through item
alright I had no idea how to eloquently explain this idea in the title so bear with me this is not a suggestion to increase the inherent percent the site has listed for whichever eye type. Let's say, theoretically, eye type chance for a primal right now is 0.005% or something, that number would still stay like that for the entire site - what I'm suggesting is that, upon breeding two dragons, you could possibly apply a special item that would increase the percent chance of getting a certain eye type on that dragon for one breeding session. It'd be a gem item, probably, unless it's for common eye types (which I wouldn't see the point in to begin with but to each his own ;0 maybe you really despise primal eyes and never want to see them in your nest again idk)

Yeah!! Honestly this doesn't affect me at all to begin with as I don't breed dragons, but perhaps it can help those who want a specific eye type for their breeding projects but don't want to deal with the massively long breeding cool downs and horrible chances of getting something rare out of them. This still wouldn't guarantee any eye type, and I'm not suggesting such an item should exist for the rarer eye types (unless they are clanbound as staff is starting to do with goat eyes and such) simply an item to increase chance.

// edited for a spelling error
alright I had no idea how to eloquently explain this idea in the title so bear with me this is not a suggestion to increase the inherent percent the site has listed for whichever eye type. Let's say, theoretically, eye type chance for a primal right now is 0.005% or something, that number would still stay like that for the entire site - what I'm suggesting is that, upon breeding two dragons, you could possibly apply a special item that would increase the percent chance of getting a certain eye type on that dragon for one breeding session. It'd be a gem item, probably, unless it's for common eye types (which I wouldn't see the point in to begin with but to each his own ;0 maybe you really despise primal eyes and never want to see them in your nest again idk)

Yeah!! Honestly this doesn't affect me at all to begin with as I don't breed dragons, but perhaps it can help those who want a specific eye type for their breeding projects but don't want to deal with the massively long breeding cool downs and horrible chances of getting something rare out of them. This still wouldn't guarantee any eye type, and I'm not suggesting such an item should exist for the rarer eye types (unless they are clanbound as staff is starting to do with goat eyes and such) simply an item to increase chance.

// edited for a spelling error
76672981_pcSZwr13fZaPWfI.png
This would be better than what we have now, but it still would be frustrating if the player wanted eyes from a different flight since nest rentals are unsanctioned. This also doesn't solve the problem of putting new eyes on old dragons since MANY dragons cannot be rebred (special lineages, special IDs, special dates, Gen 1s, progens, sentimental dragons, lore dragons etc.)

I prefer the ideas compiled in this suggestion http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2685458 especially individual eye vials, a lab ray like mechanic, or a new type of scattervial.

Again, this is better than what we have, so support. But there are other solutions I like much better.
This would be better than what we have now, but it still would be frustrating if the player wanted eyes from a different flight since nest rentals are unsanctioned. This also doesn't solve the problem of putting new eyes on old dragons since MANY dragons cannot be rebred (special lineages, special IDs, special dates, Gen 1s, progens, sentimental dragons, lore dragons etc.)

I prefer the ideas compiled in this suggestion http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2685458 especially individual eye vials, a lab ray like mechanic, or a new type of scattervial.

Again, this is better than what we have, so support. But there are other solutions I like much better.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Provisional support with some caveats.

1.) This doesn't solve the problem of giving old dragons new eyetypes, so no support for this as the only solution.
2.) An item to up the chances of an eye type still returns to the same gambling mechanic that I despise about Scattersights and Natural eyetypes in general. Even if it's only 10G or something, having to spend what is potentially real money on a gamble is not a mechanic I want to see on Flight Rising.

I would tweak the suggestion thusly: this item would guarantee that one of the hatchlings has the specified eye type, but their siblings are otherwise still randomized. You could fiddle with the mechanic from there: maybe applying multiple 'blessings' to the same nest would guarantee multiple of the same eye type or even multiple eye types in general (want a Primal, a Rare, and a Common specifically for whatever reason? Go for it on this three-egg nest), or maybe special eye types can only be applied once but you can apply the tint-changing blessings for the rest of the eggs, something like that. I would not want them clanbound to help facilitate fair nest rentals.

So, yes, conditional support if it does guarantee an eye type - the items can be priced accordingly or be otherwise a hassle to get it - but only as one part of an overall reconfiguring of the eye mechanics. It would help me get that Primal Imperial project done without potentially having 70 identically-coloured dragons pumping out hatchlings, but it wouldn't help me get Primal on that 6-digit who would look perfect with it.
Provisional support with some caveats.

1.) This doesn't solve the problem of giving old dragons new eyetypes, so no support for this as the only solution.
2.) An item to up the chances of an eye type still returns to the same gambling mechanic that I despise about Scattersights and Natural eyetypes in general. Even if it's only 10G or something, having to spend what is potentially real money on a gamble is not a mechanic I want to see on Flight Rising.

I would tweak the suggestion thusly: this item would guarantee that one of the hatchlings has the specified eye type, but their siblings are otherwise still randomized. You could fiddle with the mechanic from there: maybe applying multiple 'blessings' to the same nest would guarantee multiple of the same eye type or even multiple eye types in general (want a Primal, a Rare, and a Common specifically for whatever reason? Go for it on this three-egg nest), or maybe special eye types can only be applied once but you can apply the tint-changing blessings for the rest of the eggs, something like that. I would not want them clanbound to help facilitate fair nest rentals.

So, yes, conditional support if it does guarantee an eye type - the items can be priced accordingly or be otherwise a hassle to get it - but only as one part of an overall reconfiguring of the eye mechanics. It would help me get that Primal Imperial project done without potentially having 70 identically-coloured dragons pumping out hatchlings, but it wouldn't help me get Primal on that 6-digit who would look perfect with it.
jtgoRWq.png
Yikes, imagine spending real money and then nothing ends up happening. If this were implemented, it would need to be treasure-only. Even the American government is coming down hard on chance-based premium items. (I specify because I'm pretty sure Stormlight is US-based.)

Huge support for the suggestion itself, though. I agree that it doesn't solve 100% of eye-based problems, but it could be a fun part of a more comprehensive solution.
Yikes, imagine spending real money and then nothing ends up happening. If this were implemented, it would need to be treasure-only. Even the American government is coming down hard on chance-based premium items. (I specify because I'm pretty sure Stormlight is US-based.)

Huge support for the suggestion itself, though. I agree that it doesn't solve 100% of eye-based problems, but it could be a fun part of a more comprehensive solution.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
As always with nest enhancements, support! It also would help specific projects without going against the spirit of the natural eye types concept, since it's still not guaranteed and you still have to breed for them.

The only thing is, if it's not guaranteed (which I think it should not be), it shouldn't be a gem item. None of the current gem items have a chance to outright fail (Scatterscrolls aren't targeting specific colors, so a bad roll isn't an item fail), and it would definitely push it into gambling territory. A treasure marketplace or Baldwin item would work, though.

If it's a gem item, it should probably guarantee one of a range of eye types. Like any special Natural type, or perhaps it could have a chance to give out a random Unnatural type. Just don't have a way for the item to fail completely, even if it can fail at giving you exactly what you want.
As always with nest enhancements, support! It also would help specific projects without going against the spirit of the natural eye types concept, since it's still not guaranteed and you still have to breed for them.

The only thing is, if it's not guaranteed (which I think it should not be), it shouldn't be a gem item. None of the current gem items have a chance to outright fail (Scatterscrolls aren't targeting specific colors, so a bad roll isn't an item fail), and it would definitely push it into gambling territory. A treasure marketplace or Baldwin item would work, though.

If it's a gem item, it should probably guarantee one of a range of eye types. Like any special Natural type, or perhaps it could have a chance to give out a random Unnatural type. Just don't have a way for the item to fail completely, even if it can fail at giving you exactly what you want.
That seems... Really pay-to-win. I like the fact that natural eye-types are equal for everyone.
That seems... Really pay-to-win. I like the fact that natural eye-types are equal for everyone.
[quote]natural eye-types are equal for everyone.[/quote] Natural eye types are NOT equal to everyone because they're RNG based. Genes and breeds are equal to everyone (minus imperial) because everyone knows what to do to breed them and get the desired result. Want a guaranteed Skydancer? Breed two skydancers. That is equal. Eyes are NOT. The RNG might smile on someone and spit out primal on the first nest. Another play might take a hundred nests. That is NOT equal. The same applies to the scattervials. Someone might get multi on the first vial. Another person may never see multi--which could result in thousands of gems of difference given the price of the items. That is NOT fair. Allowing players to earn individual eye vials is fair. If Rare was in the MP for 75K treasure, it would cost every single person the same. I do feel the tints should be treasure MP. I'd be okay if other eye vials were in the gem MP--they could even cycle.
Quote:
natural eye-types are equal for everyone.
Natural eye types are NOT equal to everyone because they're RNG based. Genes and breeds are equal to everyone (minus imperial) because everyone knows what to do to breed them and get the desired result. Want a guaranteed Skydancer? Breed two skydancers. That is equal.

Eyes are NOT. The RNG might smile on someone and spit out primal on the first nest. Another play might take a hundred nests. That is NOT equal.

The same applies to the scattervials. Someone might get multi on the first vial. Another person may never see multi--which could result in thousands of gems of difference given the price of the items. That is NOT fair.

Allowing players to earn individual eye vials is fair. If Rare was in the MP for 75K treasure, it would cost every single person the same.

I do feel the tints should be treasure MP. I'd be okay if other eye vials were in the gem MP--they could even cycle.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
@ado ;; http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2657568/2#post_38364863

and
Quote:

ha gemajgall, c l e v e r

@ado ;; http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2657568/2#post_38364863

and
Quote:

ha gemajgall, c l e v e r