Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make gem genes cheaper
1 2 3 4 5
To my understanding, a lot of the appeal of the G1 play-style is to make creating a dragon as arduous a process as possible. Rolling the dice with egg hatching, stalking the AH for the perfect combo, or just shelling out for a super pretty double that just got auctioned. Add on you own genes, all of which (not just gem genes) are exponentially more expensive as a scroll than just buying a gened dragon, and you have a dragon that while it may look like several other dragons on site, the work that went into it is special. The gem genes themselves are often* some of FR's best work which is why they're popular.

*#whatisstainedeven

If I sold most of my G1s, I don't think I'd get back a fraction of what I spent on scrolling them. Scrolling a dragon is not supposed to be for turning a profit, it's supposed to be the endgame for that particular project. This goes for non gem genes too - A pinstripe scroll currently costs 350g, but a dragon with pinstripe costs 5kt. Heavens, even SMIRCH, the cheapest gene on the market costs 15g, well above the fodder floor.

Flight rising locks nothing except one vista and the now retired kickstarter stuff behind a paywall - anything else you want can be bought from the site itself with gems acquired in any way. You are not obliged to pay to gem gene a dragon, but it will be work. Nightwind makes a neat point - perhaps gem purchases are meant to supplement - earning 1000g and buying 200.

Furthermore, when was the last time we got a new gem gene? Back in December with constellation? Since then we've had three new non-gem genes (peacock, laced, and edged) so it's not like most of the new content is premium either.

That being said, I am in favor of simpler genes across the board, and wouldn't mind seeing simpler gem genes at a reduced price, but I think the current genes are fine where they are.
To my understanding, a lot of the appeal of the G1 play-style is to make creating a dragon as arduous a process as possible. Rolling the dice with egg hatching, stalking the AH for the perfect combo, or just shelling out for a super pretty double that just got auctioned. Add on you own genes, all of which (not just gem genes) are exponentially more expensive as a scroll than just buying a gened dragon, and you have a dragon that while it may look like several other dragons on site, the work that went into it is special. The gem genes themselves are often* some of FR's best work which is why they're popular.

*#whatisstainedeven

If I sold most of my G1s, I don't think I'd get back a fraction of what I spent on scrolling them. Scrolling a dragon is not supposed to be for turning a profit, it's supposed to be the endgame for that particular project. This goes for non gem genes too - A pinstripe scroll currently costs 350g, but a dragon with pinstripe costs 5kt. Heavens, even SMIRCH, the cheapest gene on the market costs 15g, well above the fodder floor.

Flight rising locks nothing except one vista and the now retired kickstarter stuff behind a paywall - anything else you want can be bought from the site itself with gems acquired in any way. You are not obliged to pay to gem gene a dragon, but it will be work. Nightwind makes a neat point - perhaps gem purchases are meant to supplement - earning 1000g and buying 200.

Furthermore, when was the last time we got a new gem gene? Back in December with constellation? Since then we've had three new non-gem genes (peacock, laced, and edged) so it's not like most of the new content is premium either.

That being said, I am in favor of simpler genes across the board, and wouldn't mind seeing simpler gem genes at a reduced price, but I think the current genes are fine where they are.
No support. I have put a lot of time into gem geneing my dragons. If you want gem genes, work for them.
No support. I have put a lot of time into gem geneing my dragons. If you want gem genes, work for them.
gdiZPM0.png
1 2 3 4 5